Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519555 times)

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5800 on: September 14, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »
I'll tell you why, the one offs and day trippers have found out that aways are where the atmosphere is and now go to them as opposed to homes. Diluted local support means dismal atmospheres I'm afraid.

The atmosphere in the away end relates entirely to whats happening on the pitch.  Old Trafford a couple of years ago when we won 3-0 was won of the best away days I've ever been to.  Every away on that winning run in was fantastic, I think we stayed in singing for about half an hour at the end of the West Ham game.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5801 on: September 14, 2015, 12:10:29 pm »
Sad that it has to come to this, but I think away fans should record the scum on both sides and post it up to name and shame them.

I also think the club should record the behaviour of away supporters at Anfield in order to enforce bans.

Bigbrotherish perhaps, but the people singing and acting like this are just a cowardly mob.

Never going to happen sadly

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: September 14, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »
Oh, the local vs oot argument again. Right, I guess that's the reason why me and some other mates from Croatia were almost the only ones singing at Udinese away a few years back while a lot of locals were standing there scratching their arses.
Go you.

Have a sticker, you precious thing.

she actually doesn't distinguish between local and OOT'ers. She says day trippers and one off'ers. Not her fault your paranoid brain interpreted that as a local v OOT debate.
cyas

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5803 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »
Sad that it has to come to this, but I think away fans should record the scum on both sides and post it up to name and shame them.

I also think the club should record the behaviour of away supporters at Anfield in order to enforce bans.

Bigbrotherish perhaps, but the people singing and acting like this are just a cowardly mob.

The police were filming our end I noticed, like they do at Villa.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #5804 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:47 pm »
Oh, the local vs oot argument again. Right, I guess that's the reason why me and some other mates from Croatia were almost the only ones singing at Udinese away a few years back while a lot of locals were standing there scratching their arses.

Yeah but I'd still rather stand next to the 'locals' than your Croatia Crew who I have nothing in common with.  Just my opinion like.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5805 on: September 14, 2015, 02:13:28 pm »
Go you.

she actually doesn't distinguish between local and OOT'ers. She says day trippers and one off'ers. Not her fault your paranoid brain interpreted that as a local v OOT debate.

I'll tell you why, the one offs and day trippers have found out that aways are where the atmosphere is and now go to them as opposed to homes. Diluted local support means dismal atmospheres I'm afraid.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #5806 on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:20 pm »
Go you.

Errrr, try reading her post again.

Yeah but I'd still rather stand next to the 'locals' than your Croatia Crew who I have nothing in common with.  Just my opinion like.
Fair enough, but that's completely irrelevant in this discussion.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #5807 on: September 14, 2015, 02:39:17 pm »
The worse thing is that they will come to Anfield, sing all that shite as usual and nothing happens to them !!
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5808 on: September 14, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »
Errrr, try reading her post again.
Fair enough, but that's completely irrelevant in this discussion.
Meh.

It still cries out poor me.

Go support Zagreb if you have a problem with the local support.
cyas

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5809 on: September 14, 2015, 02:55:10 pm »
Some locals sing. Some locals don't sing. Some OOTs sing. Some OOTs don't sing. The end.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5810 on: September 14, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »
Some locals sing. Some locals don't sing. Some OOTs sing. Some OOTs don't sing. The end.

It amazes me that this argument is still being had. Every fucking atmosphere thread is exactly the same shite, when your post is exactly the situation. I couldn't give a flying fuck if someone is from Tuebrook or Timbuktu. If you add relevance to the atmosphere, you have a right to be there. If you sit there in silence and only make noise when Lovren gives the ball away, you're a bellend.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #5811 on: September 14, 2015, 03:01:35 pm »
Meh.

Where have I said that I have a problem with local support?  Baffling.

This is how I actaully think -

And about supporting Zagreb, well, let's just say I'd rather get my teeth pulled out every day.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #5812 on: September 14, 2015, 03:08:34 pm »
It amazes me that this argument is still being had. Every fucking atmosphere thread is exactly the same shite, when your post is exactly the situation. I couldn't give a flying fuck if someone is from Tuebrook or Timbuktu. If you add relevance to the atmosphere, you have a right to be there. If you sit there in silence and only make noise when Lovren gives the ball away, you're a bellend.

couldn't agree more.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5813 on: September 14, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
The atmosphere in the away end relates entirely to whats happening on the pitch.  Old Trafford a couple of years ago when we won 3-0 was won of the best away days I've ever been to.  Every away on that winning run in was fantastic, I think we stayed in singing for about half an hour at the end of the West Ham game.

Exactly but we usually lose at Old Trafford so it's not as good as it was under Houllier (when we usually won) or in the 4-1 or 3-0.

Same as the Emirates is usually crap because we usually lose. This season it was good because we got a result and were well on top first half.

Our support the reflects the game. That's the way it is.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline flatiron

• Miserable, grumpy, arl arse get who hates everything. But it's okay, he's a REALIST! Just don't wave the Guardian or a refugee banner near him.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5814 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

And this is one of the main reasons we have a shit atmosphere at our games. Out of town fans know they are disliked by a lot of scousers. There is no unity among our fans, no love. Can you ever see us doing something like the Poznan with our fans arm in arm with fellow reds?

I know utd fans who aren't mancs and in over 30 years of watching utd they have told me they never get stick from the mancs. They are welcomed with open arms.
now what was that line in "ferry cross the Mersey" again?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5815 on: September 14, 2015, 04:23:28 pm »

Bellend or not they must be pretty noisy given the number of times Lovren gives the ball away.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5816 on: September 14, 2015, 04:44:00 pm »
And this is one of the main reasons we have a shit atmosphere at our games. Out of town fans know they are disliked by a lot of scousers. There is no unity among our fans, no love. Can you ever see us doing something like the Poznan with our fans arm in arm with fellow reds?

I know utd fans who aren't mancs and in over 30 years of watching utd they have told me they never get stick from the mancs. They are welcomed with open arms.

Agree with this. People like Giovanni are the problem. Anyone without an L postcode aren't welcome in his eyes. 

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5817 on: September 14, 2015, 04:54:52 pm »
Agree with this. People like Giovanni are the problem. Anyone without an L postcode aren't welcome in his eyes.
What a load of shit.

i go every week with a lad who's french for a start.

I'm probably on the dole as well aren't i?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 06:06:34 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5818 on: September 14, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »
What a load of shit.

i go every week with a load who's french for a start.

Wise up

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive towards OOT fans

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5819 on: September 14, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »
What a load of shit.

i go every week with a load who's french for a start.

You must be working on the side you Scouse git if you can afford to go the match every week  ;)
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #5820 on: September 14, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »
For me the best retort for the murderers chant is what our fans did at Goodison park a few years or so ago. When we went 1-0 up or 2-0 up we sang, 2-nil to the murderers. That shut up the bitters. And it would probably shut up the vermin.
I remember some were not happy we resorted to chanting that, but we have never murdered anyone so what is the issue?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5821 on: September 14, 2015, 05:51:27 pm »
Speaking to Barney at half time, had time for everyone who wanted to take photos and have a chat.

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #5822 on: September 14, 2015, 05:57:11 pm »
Makes me sick that one. Especially as it's sung in response to a light-hearted mickey take of them. Fergies right your fans are shite. We're there havin a laugh and they reply with THAT. They're too thick to see it. They're like the psychopath in the pub who stabs someone for spilling their pint. Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

That's the best analogy I've seen mate.  Effectively they're the footballing equivalent of Begbie from Trainspotting.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: September 14, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »
Wise up

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive towards OOT fans
I was just countering one lazy generalisation with another.

Why would I post something positive? I think the way the club have stood all over local fans to promote the 'LFC Family' brand is disgusting to be honest, however I take each person on their own value.

I have no issue with people who get involved with the tradition and culture, but i take issue with OOT'ers who point at local fans and say 'well they are doing this and that'. They don't have to do anything to belong, they already do.

cyas

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5824 on: September 14, 2015, 06:19:40 pm »
Speaking to Barney at half time, had time for everyone who wanted to take photos and have a chat.

I've met him a couple of times and he's always been the same. Always makes time for everyone that wants a photo and a quick word. Top, top man.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5825 on: September 14, 2015, 06:26:13 pm »

Why would I post something positive? I think the way the club have stood all over local fans to promote the 'LFC Family' brand is disgusting to be honest, however I take each person on their own value.

I have no issue with people who get involved with the tradition and culture, but i take issue with OOT'ers who point at local fans and say 'well they are doing this and that'. They don't have to do anything to belong, they already do.

I agree about the 'brand' thing. But whose fault is that? It sure isn't the fault of an overseas or 1 game a season fan. Of course they're going to take an opportunity to get to a game if that opportunity presents itself. That's modern day football. As shite as it is, we do actually need these day trippers and merchandise buying whoppers to have any chance of competing. We don't sell merch, we don't make as much money, we don't have enough to spend in the transfer market. That's just the way it is.

I don't think I've seen anyone here ever solely blame locals on a shit atmosphere. I have however seen many hundreds of posts, including from yourself, declaring that the problem is non locals. The fact is, it's both. Someone doesn't 'belong' just because they live in Liverpool. If they can't be arsed adding to the atmosphere, why do they 'belong' over someone from Scotland who is willing to sing their heart out for 90 minutes?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5826 on: September 14, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »

Some girls need a lotta lovin an'a, some girls don't
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5827 on: September 14, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »
Meh.

"Giovanni" :lmao

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5828 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »

That's complete bollox.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #5829 on: September 14, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »

To be fair mate, it was fuckin freezing that night. Probably putting their hand there to keep warm!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #5830 on: September 14, 2015, 09:32:29 pm »
haha  ;D

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5831 on: September 14, 2015, 09:34:54 pm »
"Giovanni" :lmao
I'm head of the biggest crime family in Japan.

cyas

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #5832 on: September 14, 2015, 10:45:01 pm »

I'm not buying that, I remember going there in 2008 and getting beat 3-0. We sang the whole 90 minutes and all the way through the lock in. It was a 1:30 KO an all. 

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5833 on: September 15, 2015, 12:42:30 am »
Away days at OT are shite now due to the massive disadvantage in numbers. In the 80s and earlier we would often have up to 10000 in a 60000 crowd a lot better than 3000 in a 75000 crowd.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:45:28 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5834 on: September 15, 2015, 02:08:25 am »
It pains me to say it but our fans only show up for about 4 away games a season now. It just randomly happens as well, never the same ground or circumstances. Even going for the title a couple of years ago we were shite in a lot of the games during the final run in.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: September 15, 2015, 09:55:58 am »

:lmao

Even going for the title a couple of years ago we were shite in a lot of the games during the final run in.

Ahhh, not so Norwich away.  Getting off the train at Norwich on the Saturday to be greeted with the news Borini had scored for Sunderland and sunk Chelsea. What a fucking night that was, The DJ in the Prince of Wales playing Just Cant get enough and YNWA.  Never been so pissed. That was the day i really thought the title was ours.

On the Sunday virtually the whole end stayed in the ground long after final whistle. To a man EVERYONE in our end sung their hearts out that day.

I'm afraid the atmosphere generated by our fans, home or away, is dictated by whats happening on the pitch.  Not saying that's how it should be, just saying.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #5836 on: September 15, 2015, 10:03:11 am »
Norwich away was amazing. A ten hour round trip setting off at 4am and buzzing all the way back after killing my voice. Poetry in motion solid for over 10 minutes at the end of the game had their stewards looking puzzled and probably hoping we would bugger off home. My only regret was not meeting Lorik lol

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #5837 on: September 15, 2015, 10:31:10 am »

A lot of locals dislike oots because historicaly Liverpools support has always been unique in attitude, dress sense etc Different from everyone else! A lot of oots turn up to the match looking like theyve been dragged through river island or burtons kicking and screaming! Its not what Liverpool and its support is about at all! Its easy to see why locals dislike some oots!

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5838 on: September 15, 2015, 10:53:28 am »

Man united have a 75k capacity which means anyone who wants a season ticket, or a general ticket can get one.

Liverpool are stuck on an eternal 45/54k 'sweetspot' which means we have a waiting list that may never re-open and tickets are incredibly hard to come by.

This harbors resentment between locals and 'new breed' supporters.
cyas

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #5839 on: September 15, 2015, 11:34:15 am »
Norwich away was amazing. A ten hour round trip setting off at 4am and buzzing all the way back after killing my voice. Poetry in motion solid for over 10 minutes at the end of the game had their stewards looking puzzled and probably hoping we would bugger off home. My only regret was not meeting Lorik lol

Hahahahha, yes