539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1440302 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Brexit thread - Rocky Horror Brexit Shitshow Hallowe'en Special!
« Reply #23280 on: June 16, 2019, 10:07:17 pm »
As said DUP and SNP hit the roof. not to mention how this could possibly work in practical terms, tariffs between NI and rest of UK, NI in UK but not it's trade agreements with the rest of the world but the biggest short term flaw and contradiction to his arguments is how can he possibly get this whole process completed by the end of October. I thought he promised Family guy there would be no extension under any circumstances.
um I don't think anyone believes anything Boris says or promises. More so than other politicians.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23281 on: June 16, 2019, 10:14:50 pm »
um I don't think anyone believes anything Boris says or promises. More so than other politicians.
He's not that popular with the Tory MPs. I know someone said theres at least 100 Tory MPs who are voting ,anyone but Boris, he's a liability as well but they must look at him as the only PM capable of wining back Tory voters so they can keep their seats.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:19:41 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #23282 on: June 16, 2019, 10:50:29 pm »
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/104598/tory-grandee-ken-clarke-vows-bring-down
Tory grandee Ken Clarke has promised to vote to bring down any “idiot” future Tory prime minister if they attempt to force a no-deal Brexit through Parliament.

A voice in the wilderness but is there enough within the House to do this?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23283 on: June 17, 2019, 12:57:32 am »
Says it all really.

@CarolineLucas
Follow Follow @CarolineLucas

Watching #C4Debate, hearing so many pledges about righting wrongs and so many promises about tackling injustice, makes me wish that these men had been in government so they could have had a chance to implement them

Oh, wait
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:08:54 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #23284 on: June 17, 2019, 02:01:59 am »
I'm not sure if this was his own idea, or if he has an inside source on Team Boris, but Michael Portillo thinks Boris' renegotiation trick with the EU will be to turn the backstop into an NI only backstop and then put that to a referendum in Northern Ireland.
If that won a referendum in NI (which it likely would) then the DUP pulls its support for the government altogether. I doubt they would even wait that long, probably pull it as soon as that approach passed parliament.

How much do the Tories fancy another GE?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23285 on: June 17, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »
Labour must argue strongly for Remain, says Tom Watson

Labour's deputy leader Tom Watson has urged his party to "strongly" make the case for the UK staying in the EU.

In a speech on London, he reiterated his push for another referendum to break the Brexit deadlock - saying Labour members "hearts are Remain".

His party had been "afraid to tell the truth" about the EU, he suggested.

Leader Jeremy Corbyn has so far resisted calls to fully back another public vote, saying the party would support it in certain circumstances.

That nuance was blamed for Labour's performance at the European elections.

The party came third behind The Brexit Party and the Liberal Democrats, with its share of the vote falling to 14%.

Afterwards, several senior figures criticised a lack of clarity on Brexit.

Shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry said the results boosted the case for another referendum - an outcome Mr Corbyn has said is "some way off".

Labour MPs remain split, with those representing Leave areas warning against backing a further public vote.

Last week, MPs expressed their frustration at a heated meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party, with some expressing concern that it had become "normalised" for Labour voters to back other parties over Brexit.

The shadow cabinet was due to meet on Monday to discuss Brexit, but the meeting has been postponed.

In a speech to the Centre for European Reform, Mr Watson - who has repeatedly put pressure on Mr Corbyn to back a further referendum - said there was still time to reverse the Brexit vote.

He called for a one-off meeting or ballot of members to be held to vote on a shift in policy - warning Labour could not afford to wait until its party conference in late September.

"Pro-European is who we are and who we have always been. Our members are Remain. Our values are Remain. Our hearts are Remain," he said.

"The only way to break the political deadlock is to bring the public back into this decision and we must argue strongly to remain.

"Our future doesn't need to be Brexit. We can change our future. We can put Britain back at the heart of Europe again.

"We can be proud of leading the fight for a fairer and stronger future, together. But we can only achieve this future if Labour fights for it and champions it. It's time we do that."

As he gave his speech, Labour chairman Ian Lavery - who is against another referendum - tweeted that "ignoring Leave voters" was not a sensible move.

Conversely, though, Mr Watson has received support from a number of colleagues, including Jess Phillips and Anna Turley.

Another MP, Siobhain McDonagh, tweeted: "I have had my differences with Tom Watson over the years but this video is brilliant and his argument is bang on! So many Labour members will be cheering him on!"

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg says plenty of Labour MPs are worried because they represent constituencies with Leave voters, but there is no question the balance in the party is on the other side.

"There are plenty of senior people - including those absolutely loyal to Jeremy Corbyn - who think it is time for the leadership to make a clearer statement arguing for another referendum and for Britain to stay in EU," she says.

"Some of those think it is vital to do before the summer and they predict we may end up with an election in the autumn with the Tories arguing for Leave and Labour arguing for Remain."

However, Mr Watson said all strands of opinion within the party are entitled to be heard.

He also argued that the "core" EU values of internationalism, solidarity and freedom are also the values of Labour.

"Some people have begun to equate support for Europe with class identity - I don't think that's right or helpful," he said.

"The majority of Labour people are supportive of Europe and that support is not dictated by social class."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48658683

BIB - I think that's the first time I've seen the BBC accurately describe Labour 's "split" on Brexit. More of the same please.

Love that Watson's not playing along with the "working class = Brexit" narrative too.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #23286 on: June 17, 2019, 12:49:32 pm »

Resulting in howls of outrage and shouts of disloyalty and cries for deselection from the usual predictable nutjob quarters.

They're all quite mad.

Still, it will probably quieten the likely whatsapp coordinated outrage over the (unlikely possibility) of a war with Iran as they now switch over to attacking Watson, again.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23287 on: June 17, 2019, 01:07:00 pm »
As he gave his speech, Labour chairman Ian Lavery - who is against another referendum - tweeted that "ignoring Leave voters" was not a sensible move.

Besides the obvious point that they have happily ignored the millions of remain voters for the last few years (blindly assuming they'd stay with labour), the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of leave voters are not going to being voting labour regardless of how much their leadership might pander to them and you can see the dishonesty when they always refer back to that figure from the referendum as it is clearly impossible for that number to have reduced since then at all.  ::)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23288 on: June 17, 2019, 04:57:20 pm »
I've had my differences with Tom Watson over the years but he did come across quite well there. If only Dear Leader could take a similar approach.

As for Ian Lavatory, loud guffaws at his assumption that Leave voters in the North will ever vote Labour while they have Frottage and co to stoke their rage and fantasies. It's cringeworthy to see Labour trying so desperately to flash their knickers and flutter their eyelashes at, and pander to, a constituency of Leavers who think the party is just a bunch of elitist metropolitan meffs that can get fucked.

And its despicable that they are ignoring so many of their erstwhile loyal supporters in order to try and seduce a constituency that hates them and laughs at them. There's a definite 80s John Hughes movie in this.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23289 on: June 18, 2019, 11:41:31 am »
Anyone know if Ivan Rogers (our former ambassador to the EU for those who can't place the name, resigned/pushed out for telling awkward truths to May and co.) has given a speech available online or was he just talking to the Guardian?

Rogers said Johnson’s stance, and the inevitable EU rebuff to a time-limit on the Irish backstop or an alternative arrangement, suggested many were underplaying the risk of Britain crashing out.

There is a widespread perception in EU capitals that a general election is “coming really rather soon – and much sooner than anyone is prepared or incentivised to admit”, Rogers said of Johnson’s likely response to parliament seeking to block a no-deal Brexit.

“This is why serious players in Brussels and certain capitals have concluded, as have I, that we are now rather likely to be headed for a breakdown to ‘no deal’,” he said in his latest speech on Brexit.

“We all know this is a great country. Sadly, it’s one currently very poorly led by a political elite, some masquerading as non-elite, which has great difficulties discerning and telling the truth. I am discouraged by just how badly Brexit has been handled to date, and currently pessimistic that this is going to get any better any time soon.”
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:50:07 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23290 on: June 18, 2019, 11:50:19 am »
Anyone know if Ivan Rogers (our former ambassador to the EU for those who can't place the name, resigned/pushed out for telling awkward truths to May and co.) has given a speech or was he just talking to the Guardian?

It was a speech this morning, I think.

Sir Ivan Rogers delivered an excellent keynote speech this morning on #Brexit, #ToryLeadership and the future of the @cityoflondon at our conference with @ComPeerLimited.

https://twitter.com/syedmahmood/status/1140910071049793536

http://compeer.co.uk/event/wealth-management-yearly-review-2019/

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23291 on: June 18, 2019, 11:53:58 am »

I've seen calls to have a "second deputy leader's position."  ::)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23292 on: June 18, 2019, 11:58:36 am »
It was a speech this morning, I think.

https://twitter.com/syedmahmood/status/1140910071049793536

http://compeer.co.uk/event/wealth-management-yearly-review-2019/

Ta Shaka. Will poke them for a transcript. He sounded pretty thoroughly downbeat.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23293 on: June 18, 2019, 12:10:44 pm »
I've seen calls to have a "second deputy leader's position."  ::)

They had that last year. They changed their minds when Watson backed it and they realised it'd give someone like Thornberry/Rayner a good platform so they sacked it off at the last minute.

The reason they hate Watson quite so much is that he's so much more canny and clever an operator than Milne and co.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #23294 on: June 18, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »
Have the Lib Dems got a new leader yet? If this goes to a GE I can see both Tories and Labour losing seats to the only remain party. I doubt they'll be massive but they may just hold the balance of power.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23295 on: June 18, 2019, 01:08:27 pm »
Have the Lib Dems got a new leader yet? If this goes to a GE I can see both Tories and Labour losing seats to the only remain party. I doubt they'll be massive but they may just hold the balance of power.

No, I think the new leader takes over on 23rd July.

I see Swinson is floating an electoral pact between the Remain parties
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:22:02 pm by filopastry »

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23296 on: June 18, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »
Sorry for posting this on both the Brexit and Politics thread as I think it is relevant to both.

Thought this was interesting (and pretty unsurprising) from yougov.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:39:07 pm by filopastry »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23297 on: June 19, 2019, 02:09:07 am »

Another dickhead celebratory gammon who didn't have a clue what Brexit meant..

The Who’s Roger Daltrey says Brexit won’t affect British musicians: “As if we didn’t tour Europe before the f****** EU”
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-whos-roger-daltry-says-brexit-wont-affect-british-musicians-as-if-we-didnt-tour-europe-before-the-f-eu-2462954#PZuLDqXMuBmZKrRd.99

“By Jason Douglas
June 17, 2019 7:30 am ET
LONDON—For the U.K.’s legions of musicians, from jobbing French horn players to stars of opera and the indie scene, a no-deal Brexit hits a bum note.

An abrupt and messy break between the U.K. and the European Union is back on the cards now that hard-core Brexit fans are jostling to succeed Theresa May as prime minister. Such a split, where Britain leaves without settling legal ties to the bloc, would create new obstacles for British artists wishing to perform in the EU.

The uncertainty is playing havoc with scheduling gigs that are usually booked months in advance, since promoters can’t be sure British acts will be able to turn up.

Already, touring musicians are encountering problems they fret will get only worse if the U.K. exits the EU without a deal Oct. 31, the latest deadline for the U.K. to ratify a negotiated withdrawal settlement. Without Parliament’s approval, Britain must either seek more time to solder together an agreement or plunge out of the EU immediately.

Lute player Lynda Sayce used to perform once or twice a week in the EU with two U.K.-based ensembles. Now, almost three years after Britons voted to leave the EU in a referendum, she has just three such bookings for the whole of 2019.

“There’s been a noticeable dropping off in the number of dates that the British groups are offered on the continent,” Ms. Sayce said.

She isn’t alone. Almost two-thirds of respondents to a May survey by the U.K.’s Incorporated Society of Musicians said they have had difficulties securing European bookings since the Brexit referendum in 2016, with organizers citing Brexit uncertainty as the reason. One in 10 said they have had bookings canceled.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/brexit-strikes-a-bum-note-for-u-k-artists-as-eu-gigs-dry-up-11560771000
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:14:22 am by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23298 on: June 19, 2019, 03:18:42 am »

I read that as Swanson

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23299 on: June 19, 2019, 11:00:27 am »
The ERG would have that. They couldnt give a shit about NI and the DUP.
The ERG would, but potentially it would lose as many 'unionist' Tories as it would gain, and make it much easier for Labour to continue to oppose.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23300 on: June 19, 2019, 11:07:11 am »

I doubt that the Greens would go for that, as one of their co-leaders Sian Berry had another go at the Lib Dems at a recent Green Party conference.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23301 on: June 19, 2019, 11:17:37 am »
I doubt that the Greens would go for that, as one of their co-leaders Sian Berry had another go at the Lib Dems at a recent Green Party conference.

It wouldn't surprise me, but it does no harm for the LibDems to be seen to be trying to build broader alliances on an issue like this, it is some thing the more hardcore remainers will like to see, even if nothing comes of it.

I'm not sure running in every seat in the country is likely to lead to a massive upsurge in seats for the Greens either

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23302 on: June 19, 2019, 12:23:32 pm »

Apparently, her voting record is not the best.

My local Lib Dem is supporting Ed Davey.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23303 on: June 19, 2019, 01:53:08 pm »
I'm guessing no changes coming in Labour's position anyway, based on their briefing paper to the shadow cabinet.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23304 on: June 19, 2019, 02:15:59 pm »
I'm guessing no changes coming in Labour's position anyway, based on their briefing paper to the shadow cabinet.

Wonder whether there's ever going to be a point where Lavery and co. understand that not everyone in a Labour constituency votes Labour.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #23305 on: June 19, 2019, 02:19:34 pm »
Wonder whether there's ever going to be a point where Lavery and co. understand that not everyone in a Labour constituency votes Labour.

Probably not until the day following the next election.

Offline ScandinavianPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #23306 on: June 19, 2019, 02:45:08 pm »

There are not enough votes to be gained by not stepping on the nail.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23307 on: June 19, 2019, 02:47:16 pm »
All those words to defend a Brexit stance that has already lost one GE, councillors in multiple local elections and MEPs.

Kipper-chasing losers.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #23308 on: June 19, 2019, 02:48:34 pm »
Have they used a marker on a computer-screen there?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23309 on: June 19, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
Probably not until the day following the next election.

;D Dollars to doughnuts Lavery will nail it for the handful of seats where there is a very significant issue should Labour shift position.

--

If anyone's after some analysis of where whoever wrote that briefing paper keeps going wrong, Rob Ford (Manchester) has some here: https://twitter.com/robfordmancs/status/1141330602098143232

Also see rest of his timeline this afternoon for the evidence of complexity around this. There's a case beyond the polling numbers etc. which could be made. But as Labour's sole concern seems to be triangulation for the best possible electoral effect then I'm not particularly arsed about hearing it right now.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23310 on: June 19, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »
Salt-of-the-earth Lavery has got himself into a bit of bother about a Tweet he's made about Labour's policy, and his subsequent claim that his account had been hacked.

Earlier this morning a tweet was sent from this account in reply to @SamCoatesSky , this was not authorised by myself or anyone on my team. Appropriate security updates have been made and I can assure any Journalists etc. that it was not a tweet I authorised re Brexit position.

Confirmed by Twitter. Someone else logged in to my account, not me or any of my staff.

https://twitter.com/IanLaveryMP/status/1141315106216845314

People are asking why he only received the email notifying him of a login at 13:08, when the Tweet was sent nearly an hour earlier at 12:14pm.

Team Lavery vehemently deny Ian Lavery sent the tweet from Ian Lavery’s account. Investigation launched. Password changed. “Ian’s a stickler for spelling and wouldn’t have got there/their wrong” said a source.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1141318487744417793

#laveryhacked Ian Lavery is a sticker for spelling, we are told. Although some might point to a pattern of behaviour around the “there”/“their” issue... 😐 (Also see @estwebber who beat me to it on this point)

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1141324434298560512

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23311 on: June 19, 2019, 04:29:34 pm »
If you hacked his account you’d make comments on the whole sick miners fund

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23312 on: June 19, 2019, 04:30:45 pm »
Or that not everone in a Remain voted Remain, etc. I hope no one actually got paid to write that briefing.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23313 on: June 19, 2019, 04:31:00 pm »
People are asking why he only received the email notifying him of a login at 13:08, when the Tweet was sent nearly an hour earlier at 12:14pm.

Make that nearly 2 hours earlier.

FWIW - I think it was 11.14 and whoever's Twitter screengrabbed it had the wrong time settings. I remember it being before PMQs.

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1141339967681171457

It was indeed

https://twitter.com/tpgcolson/status/1141340538072981504

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #23314 on: June 19, 2019, 04:39:27 pm »

The reason they hate Watson quite so much is that he's so much more canny and clever an operator than Milne and co.

The reason people hate him is that hes a 2 faced c*nt who lied to get votes in the election.

Hopefully the rule change will come soon, and we can get someone in that backs the party and the membership and not someone trying to bring the party down who said one of his jobs is to keep the Tories in power and to stop them collapsing.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #23315 on: June 19, 2019, 04:59:18 pm »
The reason people hate him is that hes a 2 faced c*nt who lied to get votes in the election.

Hopefully the rule change will come soon, and we can get someone in that backs the party and the membership and not someone trying to bring the party down who said one of his jobs is to keep the Tories in power and to stop them collapsing.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #23316 on: June 19, 2019, 05:00:23 pm »

I suppose it is technically better to be a 0 faced c*nt who obfuscated to get votes in elections.

How dare Watson do that, that's Jeremy's job!

Seriously, is it too much to ask for that politicians have the national interest in mind over narrow party concerns? We slate the Tories for this continually, but wanting someone in Labour to back 'the party' over all other considerations is the same thing.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23317 on: June 19, 2019, 05:18:20 pm »
Source says no final decision yet from shadow cabinet on whether should officially become Remain party - Corbyn expected to meet union leaders on Monday, then make a statement after shadow cabinet NEXT Tuesday

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1141370853852160003

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23319 on: June 19, 2019, 05:29:53 pm »
Remember when Dan Jarvis was tipped as a future leader...

Sarah Champion, albeit quiet in recent times, is an absolute knob too. One of the idiots that nominated Corbyn in 2015 and had a response to the Rotherham sex abuse relevations that UKIP would be proud of.

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1141333154264997889