Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 159941 times)

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2007, 08:36:03 pm »
selling all the home programmes with ticket stubs (some unused), some away CL ticket stubs and a red hat bought in athens

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIVERPOOL-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-PROGRAMMES-AND-TICKETS_W0QQitemZ190126041728QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2007, 07:06:16 pm »

Offline Comic Book Guy

• Legacy Fan
  • In Cyber Space, Nobody Can See Your Man Breasts
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2007, 08:13:34 pm »
I'm after bit of advice regarding an issue I have on Ebay and wondered if anybody could help

I was the SELLER of of an item, which was somebody obviously bought. The buyer has paid for the item via Paypal on the above date & I posted the item. Unfortunately the buyer has not
received this item.

I posted the item 1st class (NOT by any type of special or recorded delivery). I still have the receipt from the post office but it does nothave any details of where the item was sent to.

The buyer has now contacted me regarding the item and is requesting a refund and says it's in Ebays T&C's that I should refund it. I have looked on the website and I can't find it saying this and I have e-mailed Ebay for advise but they haven't said I need to do this either.

I have no proof the seller has not received this item and I have better feedback that the buyer (although 100% vs 98.2% is close !)

Baring in mind the above, please can you advise where I the SELLER stand regarding this matter.

I feel I should do something but don't know what.

Any ideas ?

You should make like my pants... and split

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:46 pm »
If you don't want to pay up you could just take the negative feedback and let him claim the refund from paypal.

Presumably it's a low value item since you didn't send it recorded or special delivery so I would pay up if I were you. If it's worth a lot and you didn't pay for the better postage then that's your problem.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »
I had the exact same problem, with someone claiming they didn't receive it..

I had to take the hit, refunded him the amount (20 quid.) however the Post Office gave me a form to fill out saying it'd been lost, and they gave me the 20 quid back.

Now with eBay, I only ever sent items recorded delivery.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2007, 09:39:31 pm »
PS2 console, network adaptor and 6 games (ends sunday)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190131389052&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31
pm me mate on sunday as I may well be very interested depending on end price and would have to pay cheque

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2007, 10:41:30 am »
ALways get a proof of posting. I sell via ebay as a business and we fill out a certificate and get it stamped and initialed. Only had one item out of a hell of a lot not turn up so far. Got the claim form here to fill in to receive the money back.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Comic Book Guy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 12:13:56 pm »
I've had a bit of an issue regarding something I bourght the other week and was after some advise.

I won a bid for a pair of trainers last week for my girlfriend, paid for them (although the postage was over priced) and received the goods a few days later.

This was all well and good until the seller sent me another pair of the same trainers last week. I have never bid for or paid for this 2nd pair and have no idea why I have been sent them and can only assume this was a mistake on the behalf of the seller.

I have e-mailed the seller twice now since the weekend but they haven't bothered to get back to me yet. I have also said I will post the item back to the seller if they pay me the same over-priced postage they charged me originally.

If the seller doesn't repsond soon I'm think of just telling them to fuck off and I'll sell them again myself. After all, it's their mistake and as they over charged me on the postage and have responded to their mails, they don't seem too bothered to get them back

Does anybody know where I would stand on this ?

Cheers

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 12:58:03 pm »
I've had a bit of an issue regarding something I bourght the other week and was after some advise.

I won a bid for a pair of trainers last week for my girlfriend, paid for them (although the postage was over priced) and received the goods a few days later.

This was all well and good until the seller sent me another pair of the same trainers last week. I have never bid for or paid for this 2nd pair and have no idea why I have been sent them and can only assume this was a mistake on the behalf of the seller.

I have e-mailed the seller twice now since the weekend but they haven't bothered to get back to me yet. I have also said I will post the item back to the seller if they pay me the same over-priced postage they charged me originally.

If the seller doesn't repsond soon I'm think of just telling them to fuck off and I'll sell them again myself. After all, it's their mistake and as they over charged me on the postage and have responded to their mails, they don't seem too bothered to get them back

Does anybody know where I would stand on this ?

Cheers

surely its the sellers mistake in the first place so you've done nothing wrong. How much was postage? did it come via royal mail or parcelforce?

Offline Comic Book Guy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2007, 02:41:09 pm »
surely its the sellers mistake in the first place so you've done nothing wrong. How much was postage? did it come via royal mail or parcelforce?

It was Royal Mail Special Delivery. I was charged 7 but the sticker on it only said 3.50 odd.

It's not the fact it was only 3.50, it's the principle of the matter. I always try to be fair in my postage costs and expect the same back.

The seller hasn't left any feedback yet for me regarding the original item so I'm a bit worried she could then give negative feedback (even though I paid for the original item 5 mins after winning the item)

I might re-list them and send the seller the link and tell them if they want them back they have to bid for them !

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 02:48:39 pm »
It was Royal Mail Special Delivery. I was charged 7 but the sticker on it only said 3.50 odd.

It's not the fact it was only 3.50, it's the principle of the matter. I always try to be fair in my postage costs and expect the same back.

The seller hasn't left any feedback yet for me regarding the original item so I'm a bit worried she could then give negative feedback (even though I paid for the original item 5 mins after winning the item)

I might re-list them and send the seller the link and tell them if they want them back they have to bid for them !

Special delivery starts at £4.30 and thats for a letter. A 1KG package costs £6.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2007, 03:38:34 pm »
i love it when you state you only post to the UK then some fucking retard puts in the winning bid on your item who lives in the USA

is there anyway i can destroy these people
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2007, 03:39:45 pm »
Send them anthrax.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2007, 03:47:26 pm »

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2007, 05:27:17 pm »
Send them anthrax.

indeed anything after persistence of time will show 'em
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2007, 10:26:32 pm »
i love it when you state you only post to the UK then some fucking retard puts in the winning bid on your item who lives in the USA

tell them to fuck off and sell to me for £40 inc p&p. Assuming your talking about your wireless adapter.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2007, 11:24:03 pm »
nope a nokia n80

piece of shit phone, too slow for my tastes

turns out the winning bidder was a hacked account, i cancelled the bit and got this official looking email saying the buyer had attempted to pay and that i should complete the transaction as they buyer was trusted by ebay

if only they had done a better job of their forgery they might have had a chance

We're writing to let you know that eBay has rectify the following item that was cancelled due to factors beyond the buyer's control

Item Number - 120140989933
Item Title - Nokia N80 Mobile Phone Hardly Used and 2gig Memory Card

Our records indicate that this buyer recently attempted to complete a transaction with you. Since the bid has been reinstated on the eBay site and restored to be a genuine bid, you should go ahead and respect the transaction

Please feel secured in dealing with this member. He or she is a registered and genuine eBay member.
If you have any concerns or questions about this situation or any other eBay-related issues you can mail us directly at ukrswebhelp@hotmail.com

Thank you for your understanding. We wish you all the best buying and selling on eBay.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:28:13 pm by Smiff »
STFU and agree with me.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2007, 11:26:47 pm »

Yes, simply auto block bids from anyone outside the UK when you list the item you ebaymong.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2007, 11:27:07 pm »
ebaymong hahaha
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2007, 11:29:32 pm »
Yes, simply auto block bids from anyone outside the UK when you list the item you ebaymong.

shove it joey
STFU and agree with me.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2007, 11:34:33 pm »
shove it joey
:-*

If you're gonna ask Nidgemo esque questions..........

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2007, 11:37:17 pm »
nidgemo doesnt ask ebay questions, he doesnt need too as he knows exactly how to sell replica chelsea shirts
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:09 pm »
nidgemo doesnt ask ebay questions, he doesnt need too as he knows exactly how to sell replica chelsea shirts

Doesn't the mac 'feel' your selling preferences and auto list for you?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2007, 02:49:31 pm »
he once plugged a pc into his network, its auto tried to list his mac on ebay
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2007, 05:31:21 pm »

That pisses me right off, happened to me early this year and ebay refused to refund me my fees. Bastards!

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2007, 06:51:37 pm »
selling all the home programmes with ticket stubs (some unused), some away CL ticket stubs and a red hat bought in athens

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIVERPOOL-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-PROGRAMMES-AND-TICKETS_W0QQitemZ190126041728QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Loyalty ticket buying is frowned upon round here.
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2007, 10:01:11 pm »
Can someone do me a massive favour and tell me in an idiots guide how to use Ebay?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2007, 10:08:40 pm »
Can someone do me a massive favour and tell me in an idiots guide how to use Ebay?

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/ebayexplained/index.html

:wave

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2007, 10:11:11 pm »
thanks
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline LFCScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • Sign him up!
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:17 pm »
Anyone know how to stop these American twats bidding on stuff your selling? I was trying to sell a phone and them some American gimp comes an puts a crazy bid in so no one will bid higher and now, I have to pay £6.54 in selling fees even though the c*nt was a hoax!  :no 
Now the c*nt has left feedback calling me a Nigerian scammer :no 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 11:26:56 pm by LFCScouser »
PSN: Wattyy2010

Offline jesslfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2007, 09:40:38 pm »
Just bought a new Sony Ericsson K800i for my brother for just under £100.  :)

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2007, 10:25:46 pm »
Won this little beauty earlier on this evening

Meh

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2007, 10:27:53 pm »
Got me a t-shirt with this on it the other week:

8)
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2007, 11:12:28 am »
selling phones on ebay is a fucking nightmare

i am going for 3rd time lucky on a phone
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Neoto

• Anny Roader
  • $_$
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2007, 04:03:03 pm »

I sold an Asus motherboard and although I said I wouldn't post to US in an email to the guys enquiry he still insisted on winning the bid. So I figured fine and mailed him back the postage cost  which was 35 quid. He said he couldn't possibly pay that much and gave me ten quid via paypal just so I wouldn't leave shit feedback for him.

Thank god for Second Chance Offer...

Also sold another Asus Motherboard (P4C800 Deluxe) for £107! Was well pleased with that :D

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2007, 10:46:39 pm »
hahaha losers
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2007, 02:19:28 pm »
Just put this on E Bay.      

Liverpool V Roma European Cup Final in mint condition.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liverpool-V-Roma-European-Cup-Final_W0QQitemZ260158059051QQihZ016QQcategoryZ68330QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2007, 02:48:48 pm »