Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23648 times)

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Van Dijk FUUUUUUUUU

Knew he was getting picked. CB list is getting shorter :boxhead

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
I would like to recommend to the people who are picking before me, it's a great time to pick a keeper. There are some great options available.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
I know of a good CB. Ex Sevilla player ;D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Van Dijk FUUUUUUUUU

That's so my experience too......  Thought I could snap him up under the Celtic umbrella of being new to a draft of this type.

Oh, the horror! 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Not pulling the trigger on him till I have no other options, but he's on my radar.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

There's a killer ex-Sevilla DM and Liverpool legend available too.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
totally forgot about Van Dijk at Celtic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's a killer ex-Sevilla DM and Liverpool legend available too.

You're a monster Betty!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Got some fantastic players left, but stuck in between two minds which way I want to go.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Not pulling the trigger on him till I have no other options, but he's on my radar.

Remember what happened to the last poor soul to pick him. Might as well just void your team.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I looked at him for that but research told me it was it’s own principality so swerved it.

It is the equivalent of a Liverpool player being born at Arrow Park hospital. Sure it's across the water but it's in Merseyside and thats the derby.

I've moved the local pick across to McGrain anyway. The birth place picks are fairly easy to come by anyway.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Remember what happened to the last poor soul to pick him. Might as well just void your team.

He is the type of player derbies and derby drafts were designed for! First man to start a fight, last to actually be in one.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
In hindsight it was pretty ridiculous of me to hope Totti might last all the way back to my next pick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And Totti has been taken. 

Nice pick Lastrador.  He lasted to the 5th round 4th pick --- not too bad there mate.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Ah fuck. Good while it lasted.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:14:30 pm by JSteve »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I'll be gone away for the rest of the day lads so if it makes its way back around to me just skip me and I'll catch up tonight.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
I'll be gone away for the rest of the day lads so if it makes its way back around to me just skip me and I'll catch up tonight.
We'll skip you twice  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gonna go ahead here in a minute, as no Gerry yet.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Ahh, another favourite player I'm not allowed to draft any more  :D

Going to start working on the Never Never draft list while I'm on my hols in a couple of weeks.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahh, another favourite player I'm not allowed to draft any more  :D

Going to start working on the Never Never draft list while I'm on my hols in a couple of weeks.

Sorry mate.  Once VVD was taken, then Totti --- I felt I had no choice.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry mate.  Once VVD was taken, then Totti --- I felt I had no choice.

Ah yeah, I see how you read that. Nothing to be sorry for. What I meant is that Hagi is on my personal ban list! I love him, but I want to avoid picking him (and mostly Zidane) for awhile to keep things fresh  :)

The Never Never draft is my pitch for a draft where none of us can pick any players who we've drafted in the past. Any newbie drafters can be allocated the guise of an older seasoned drafter whose no longer about. I think it might take a bit too long to research, but I want to explore it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah yeah, I see how you read that. Nothing to be sorry for. What I meant is that Hagi is on my personal ban list! I love him, but I want to avoid picking him (and mostly Zidane) for awhile to keep things fresh  :)

The Never Never draft is my pitch for a draft where none of us can pick any players who we've drafted in the past. Any newbie drafters can be allocated the guise of an older seasoned drafter whose no longer about. I think it might take a bit too long to research, but I want to explore it.

Love it!!!

That would mean

1.  No Henry, Gullitt, Nedved, Dalglish, Eusebio, Cannavaro --- I get tired of training them all week and not getting the results in matches :)
2.  I could lose with whole new list of players --- time to take up non-stop smoking :)

Let me know if you want some co-research help during the drafting off-season!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
That would mean no Ray Parlour for me in an Arsenal draft  :( Think that was in my first one, not sure much has improved ;D

• Legacy Fan

Love this idea. In all the draft's I've taken part in so far, I haven't picked the same player twice.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That would mean no Ray Parlour for me in an Arsenal draft  :( Think that was in my first one, not sure much has improved ;D

Gerry, I think you have a knack for this kind of drafting.  I like your picks --- Garrincha and Puskas especially before others got there.  Stam is nice pick given the CB's taken or eliminated via 5 player limit per team.

Well out mate.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I HATE THIS IDEA BETTS.  ;D ;)

• Legacy Fan
Will make my pick shortly seeing as Viva isn't around

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Let me know if you want some co-research help during the drafting off-season!!!!

I'll let you know once I work out a plan of action. Cheers mate :)

Love this idea. In all the draft's I've taken part in so far, I haven't picked the same player twice.

Good to hear that. I try my best not to repeat pick players (pretty sure I'm 3/4 so far), but it can be hard when you've done upwards of 20 drafts on here  :-X

I HATE THIS IDEA BETTS.  ;D ;)

You're 100% in this draft. Even if not drafting yourself, we'll have a faux Samie unable to pick Gullit and Ronaldinho  :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You've gone too far mate, I'd settle for not picking Rijkaard and and some rando Brazilian defender.  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
You've gone too far mate, I'd settle for not picking Rijkaard and and some rando Brazilian defender.  ;D

Wait 'til Hazell finds out he can't pick Redondo.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :D

He'll be needing the Samaritans that day.  Like i said previously you do 30 or 40 drafts with a group of people you get to know who they'll pick 99% of the time.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll let you know once I work out a plan of action. Cheers mate :)

Good to hear that. I try my best not to repeat pick players (pretty sure I'm 3/4 so far), but it can be hard when you've done upwards of 20 drafts on here  :-X

You're 100% in this draft. Even if not drafting yourself, we'll have a faux Samie unable to pick Gullit and Ronaldinho  :D

If you want, I can go through the last 5 drafts and compile a CANNOT draft list for each player ---> keeping a long term profile?

Yes, Hazell will be pissed.  Three things you do not do:

1.  Support Everton
2.  Dance on graves
3.  Pick Redondo in front of Hazell
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5 drafts only?  ;D

Many of us have done about 30 football drafts alone.  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
:D

He'll be needing the Samaritans that day.  Like i said previously you do 30 or 40 drafts with a group of people you get to know who they'll pick 99% of the time.  ;D

Agreed. Which is why this is the perfect medicine  ;D  I think this draft is quite a good one though. The added restrictions prevent some of the usuals from being picked. Plus we have a few different guys from back in the olden drafting times. Ah, those were the days. We used to have sign ups ready for the next draft before the last one even finished! Often people would have to team up because so many wanted to play. Then we had our own version of the calciopoli  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good times mate, Good times. 

Some needs to pick Djalminha for AWWYC for old time sakes.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5 drafts only?  ;D

Many of us have done about 30 football drafts alone.  ;D

Oh dear!  Hence, your post about most of the good drafts have been done already - a few weeks ago.

Now, I get it.  Read first, post last :)

Well, 30 Drafts to organize is quite a task.  Betty, I'll leave it to you --- and your capable hands and still offer modest time investments :)

How have you not killed each other ---> 30 drafts and I'd imagine someone or someone(s) would be taking the piss, one pick at a time sweet Fowler.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
If you want, I can go through the last 5 drafts and compile a CANNOT draft list for each player ---> keeping a long term profile?

It needs a bit of thought and planning. We need to make sure to choose a selection of drafts that cover all-time players and not just any randoms. The key is to make it such a headfuck that Maradona could conceivable go at the end of a round because all the other managers drafted him at some point. I'm also considering whether each manager might need a different selection of drafts, since some guys haven't been involved in the last few.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It needs a bit of thought and planning. We need to make sure to choose a selection of drafts that cover all-time players and not just any randoms. The key is to make it such a headfuck that Maradona could conceivable go at the end of a round because all the other managers drafted him at some point. I'm also considering whether each manager might need a different selection of drafts, since some guys haven't been involved in the last few.

Love it.   You have to get them hooked on who they could have had, if only they had the time :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Sorry for the delay, work got in the way :D