Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181488 times)

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #600 on: December 15, 2018, 05:04:30 pm »
He has now returned to Liverpool. Club statement:

" Saturday, 15 December 2018, 17:00

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS and Liverpool have agreed to terminate Ovie Ejaria’s Ibrox loan period. Ovie will be returning to Liverpool immediately.

The midfield player has not settled in Scotland and wishes to continue his career back with his parent club.

Ovie arrived at Ibrox in June and played twenty-eight matches including eleven times in the Europa League, scoring twice for the Gers.

Rangers thanks him for his commitment and efforts. Everyone at the club wishes him well for his future.

Rangers also thanks Liverpool for their assistance."

Good luck to the lad but I honestly can't see him making the breakthrough at Liverpool.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:10:54 pm by Gerswatch »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #601 on: December 15, 2018, 05:23:11 pm »
Glad he’s coming back to be honest, he’s just a kid doesn’t need to be in that environment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: December 15, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »
I'm sure we'll be lining up another loan in Jan after a month or so training with our first team.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #603 on: December 15, 2018, 06:12:34 pm »
Spot on

Page one of this thread as it goes shows it

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340613.0

That was appearance one for the club and it only got worse from there

Really shocking that. Unbelievable in 2018.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #604 on: December 15, 2018, 06:54:59 pm »
Something more to this Ejaria thing surely?

He’s played for them 28 times, he’s quite clearly been good enough (although it’s about league one standard up there).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: December 15, 2018, 07:29:10 pm »
Really shocking that. Unbelievable in 2018.

Sadly I think it's more believable than it has ever been in my lifetime. We're getting worse for racism each year in my opinion and although that's sectarianism rather than racism it's still targeting someone for their differences.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: December 15, 2018, 08:45:29 pm »
Something more to this Ejaria thing surely?

He’s played for them 28 times, he’s quite clearly been good enough (although it’s about league one standard up there).

He got a lot of stick on social media after their game last weekend, was even trending on twitter for it I think

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2018, 08:46:30 pm »
Hopefully Ejaria gets a loan to a better league and club in January, and see how he develops then!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2018, 10:49:05 pm »
He will need to be farmed out on loan to a Championship team and prove himself after the New Year.   Needs to work hard if he is to gave a future with Liverpool.   Seems slow in possession and needs too much time on the ball.  It seems the carthorse nature of Scottish football didn’t suit him.  Let’s hope he proves himself.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2018, 12:07:15 am »
No offence to Ejaria but he failed at Sunderland and he's failed at Rangers. There's no chance he'll make it for Liverpool or a Premiership team. Wish him all the best but his level will be a Championship side at best unfortunately.

For those claiming he suffered abuse while he was with Rangers, all our games are televised and you can see there was nothing out of line there. Social media is different but it is full of idiots.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:22 am »
No offence to Ejaria but he failed at Sunderland and he's failed at Rangers. There's no chance he'll make it for Liverpool or a Premiership team. Wish him all the best but his level will be a Championship side at best unfortunately.

For those claiming he suffered abuse while he was with Rangers, all our games are televised and you can see there was nothing out of line there. Social media is different but it is full of idiots.

most players coming through the ranks won't. Only the very talented like Trent Alexander Arnold will, and of course, players like that wouldn't be getting sent out on loan to the SPL.

Not sure what Ejaria's contract status is, but if it is a long contract, it's definately in LFC's best interests to get him playing somewhere where he can develop a bit more, he can still have a decent career.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2018, 12:16:04 am »

If that is the case, he'll be playing a far better standard of football than he would have every week at Rangers.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2018, 12:46:47 am »
most players coming through the ranks won't. Only the very talented like Trent Alexander Arnold will, and of course, players like that wouldn't be getting sent out on loan to the SPL.

Not sure what Ejaria's contract status is, but if it is a long contract, it's definately in LFC's best interests to get him playing somewhere where he can develop a bit more, he can still have a decent career.
Of course, I agree. Remember though that Robertson came through the Scottish Championship. From what I've seen I think Ejaria will end up like Oduwa (who we had on loan from Spurs)

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #613 on: December 16, 2018, 12:49:50 am »
If that is the case, he'll be playing a far better standard of football than he would have every week at Rangers.

I haven't come here to argue about the level of Scottish football. In general it's rubbish but the one thing it has going for it is someone playing for Rangers (or Celtic) will learn a certain mentality they won't get anywhere else, i.e. you have to win every game home or away etc in front of a stadium with at least 50,000 fans. And they also get the advantage of European football.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #614 on: December 16, 2018, 09:36:02 am »

This is probably where a lot of the abuse, online or otherwise, has stemmed from.

You got a kid from Liverpool and automatically thought he was a world beater, and when he hasn’t turned out to be you’ve turned on him and started labelling him a failure and not good enough.

He didn’t fail at either club. He went to Sunderland as a 20 year old kid at a club absolutely doomed and chopping and changing managers, and by all accounts was one of their better players even though they got relegated. He’s then gone to Rangers to a club unfortunately managed by one of our greats, and has done well up to a point before he’s started getting dogs abuse because amazingly a 21 year old central midfielder has been inconsistent. He’s started most of the games, scored a few goals, had some good games and some not so good ones and if he’d carried on in that manner for the rest of the season he’d have probably been looking at either a permanent move or another loan to a stronger league (like the Championship) which I’m sure he probably will in January.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2018, 09:39:27 am »

How has he failed at Rangers , when ranked in there  top 5 players this season

Things haven’t worked out but it’s not a football issue

Have you watched him play for Rangers , each time I have he has been one of there best players on the pitch if not the best like v Moscow
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:40:58 am by rocco »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:47 am »
Have you watched him play for Rangers , each time I have he has been one of there best players on the pitch if not the best like v Moscow

Seconded, the lad bar a few mistakes looks decent for them......as for Sunderland, well, terrible team, badly run, enough said really.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #617 on: December 16, 2018, 10:20:49 am »

Don’t agree with these. Sunderland were a shambles all season and that’s an extremely tough environment

Rangers, by most accounts I’ve heard he’s done alright just hasn’t set the world alight, and perhaps your fans were expecting too much

20 years old is still extremely young - if you told me I’d be moving jobs and countries at 20 years old and receiving a shit tonne of abuse online, I’d be affected mentally too - as would most people

Some people tend to forget these lads are just human beings like the rest of us. Now I’m not saying he’ll make it but perhaps the circumstances just wernt right for him so you can’t write him off - Harry Kane didn’t set the world alight in any of his Loan spells

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2018, 10:35:53 am »

I'm not sure whether you're naive or ignorant. You don't think there's abuse given at games which doesn't get reported?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2018, 11:16:29 am »
I'm not sure whether you're naive or ignorant. You don't think there's abuse given at games which doesn't get reported?

Nope of course not. The cameras and staff captures everything said by everyone at the games ^^.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #620 on: December 16, 2018, 12:35:18 pm »
Ovie is class from what I remember during the BR Days there are many many many Worse CM’s playing in the top leagues. He’s still young and can make a step in the right direction.

Think he’s got more potential than Ryan Kent.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: December 16, 2018, 02:18:41 pm »
a bit of a forgotten man but still can be quite useful

danny ings. 2nd goal vs arsenal. both coming from headers. 7 goals so far this season. If he stays fit, Saints would definitely be in a better position right now.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: December 16, 2018, 02:29:27 pm »
a bit of a forgotten man but still can be quite useful

danny ings. 2nd goal vs arsenal. both coming from headers. 7 goals so far this season. If he stays fit, Saints would definitely be in a better position right now.

Ings must be a dream for a manager. His attitude is spot on, he's gone out, got his head down and scored a few goals.

Do I recall Saints having a clause to buy him? He'd come into consideration for next years squad for me with a full season under his belt

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: December 16, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »
Ings must be a dream for a manager. His attitude is spot on, he's gone out, got his head down and scored a few goals.

Do I recall Saints having a clause to buy him? He'd come into consideration for next years squad for me with a full season under his belt

they have to buy him. It was a weird deal, a year loan but with them having an agreement to buy him at the end of it.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #624 on: December 16, 2018, 03:07:21 pm »
they have to buy him. It was a weird deal, a year loan but with them having an agreement to buy him at the end of it.

Only if they stay up I think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: December 16, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »

The way he has played for them - we will have plenty of suitors if they don’t stay up.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #626 on: December 17, 2018, 09:40:39 am »
This is probably where a lot of the abuse, online or otherwise, has stemmed from.

You got a kid from Liverpool and automatically thought he was a world beater, and when he hasn’t turned out to be you’ve turned on him and started labelling him a failure and not good enough.

He didn’t fail at either club. He went to Sunderland as a 20 year old kid at a club absolutely doomed and chopping and changing managers, and by all accounts was one of their better players even though they got relegated. He’s then gone to Rangers to a club unfortunately managed by one of our greats, and has done well up to a point before he’s started getting dogs abuse because amazingly a 21 year old central midfielder has been inconsistent. He’s started most of the games, scored a few goals, had some good games and some not so good ones and if he’d carried on in that manner for the rest of the season he’d have probably been looking at either a permanent move or another loan to a stronger league (like the Championship) which I’m sure he probably will in January.

We didn't think he was a world beater at all. Like all players it was a case of wait and let's see what he's got. People did look at the comments of Sunderland fans about him and they were rather worrying. Ironically we were even more concerned about Kent as his previous loan deals didn't seem to work out but he's done well for us and has become a very important player. Unfortunately he has a hamstring injury at the moment but I'll provide updates on him as we go on.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #627 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:46 am »
How has he failed at Rangers , when ranked in there  top 5 players this season

Things haven’t worked out but it’s not a football issue

I've seen every single game he has played in, I'm a season ticket holder.

I don't know where this top 5 ranking comes from. He plays as our number ten and yet he only has 2 goals and 1 assist in 29 games. As I've said earlier he sort of flatters to deceive and definitely reminds me of Nathan Oduwa. He has nice touches and is a tidy enough player at times, although sometimes he looks a little awkward, but ultimately he doesn't really carry much of a threat. The final ball just isn't there (His goal in Russia was very nice though  :) ).

Here's part of an interview from Gerrard about him:

Gerrard added: “Ovie’s a Liverpool player, and I’d like to thank them for having the opportunity to have him here for half the season.

“Am I disappointed he’s gone? Yes. Do I think it’s the right thing? No, because he had an incredible opportunity here. I accept the decision, but I’m sad over it.

“I wish Ejaria all the best, he’s a nice kid, very quiet. He told me it was 100 per cent football reasons, and I have to respect that.

“But I’m never going to stand in the way of a player who’s not happy at Rangers and not settled.

“I’ve got people here who are desperate to wear the shirt, and who would run through a brick wall to wear it

“I don’t think it will affect us getting players from Liverpool.

“I’ve just sent one player back who played 25 games, 11 of them in Europe. He wore the No10 jersey for Rangers playing in front of 51,000 people

“We’ve got another Liverpool player in Ryan Kent who has played about 20 games, and who has re-ignited his career after two bad loans, and who I want fit as soon as possible.

"Kent is having the time of his life here. But youngsters are all different, they have different characters.”

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2018, 10:46:15 am »
It's a real shame for Ejaria. I think the best thing for his career would be a permanent move to a decent Championship side. It may help him to be just another player and not "Hot Prospect from Liverpool". Let him get a few years under his belt out of the limelight and he could still end up as a decent premiership player one day.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2018, 12:01:58 pm »
On-loan Liverpool youngster Ben Woodburn is facing a spell on the sidelines after damaging his ankle.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder was hurt during a training session with Sheffield United.

Woodburn has returned to Liverpool for treatment and attended Sunday's 3-1 win over Manchester United at Anfield on crutches with his left foot in a protective boot.

Liverpool are waiting to discover the extent of the damage but he's not expected to be back available until the new year.

That's probably that then. Can't see him returning to Sheffield now, get back fit here and then find another loan in Jan.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: December 17, 2018, 01:27:11 pm »
I don't really follow much on twitter as it tends to be a sewer that is full of idiots, whether it be football related, political etc. As a season ticket holder though I've definitely heard nothing like that in the ground being shouted at him.

Anyway, re Ejaria I don't think he has it unfortunately. He'll definitely never make it to Liverpool's first team so it's just a case of where he goes to make a career of it now.

I definitely like the look of Kent though despite being concerned about his record before he came to us. He seems to have grown in confidence and become an important player for us but unfortunately he's been injured lately. Again, he'll not be good enough for Liverpool's first team imo but I'd happily take him permanently at Ibrox if the option is there.

There are rumours about Solanke coming here in January, has anyone heard anything down there about it?

Ejaria and Kent are not players we are counting on for the future. The idea is to get them first team football somewhere to increase their profile and then sell on for a tidy fee. Ejaria did have a spell where he was pretty good, including the goal that sealed Rangers place in the Europa League, but he seemed to tail off badly. I don’t think he’s really a number 10. He’s never been someone who has great output. Maybe better suited to be one of the 8s in a 4-3-3.

I think it would be difficult for Rangers to get Solanke. If he does go out on loan he’ll have offers of first team football from the better Championship sides and maybe some PL sides.

If you look at how Rangers are playing under Gerrard, I can’t see us sending him players who we think might make it here. It’s not exactly the progressive passing football that Rodgers has implemented at Celtic. His football has been more like Houllier/Hodgson stuff.

One player who might be worth a look is Pedro Chirivella. A classy CM who had 18 good months in the Eredivisie. He was close to signing for Rosenberg on a perm deal in the summer before deciding against it and he has been training with the first team since. If he hasn’t found a perm move by the last week of Jan I could see him going out on loan somewhere.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: December 17, 2018, 04:37:03 pm »
I work a lot on Rangers doing stats etc.

Ejaria was very good in the games I saw. A loss for Rangers. Gerrard wanted him to stay too.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #632 on: December 17, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »
I think Wilson starts for Derby too....on Sky

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #633 on: December 17, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »
I'm sure I read somewhere the trigger for the "have to buy" clause is the amount of games he plays for them. If he continues to perform for them as he has so far that won't be an issue at the slightest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #634 on: December 17, 2018, 07:24:01 pm »
I'm sure I read somewhere the trigger for the "have to buy" clause is the amount of games he plays for them. If he continues to perform for them as he has so far that won't be an issue at the slightest.

Exactly the type of player that Everton need.

Knows where the goal is and a great attitude.

And he'll sign for Southampton.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #635 on: December 17, 2018, 09:47:47 pm »
Not a bad effort on the volley from Wilson today. A yard to either side and it's another goal of the season contender.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #636 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:28 pm »

failed at rangers? he was one of your better players. judging from what i've read on twitter he's leaving due to sectarian abuse.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: December 17, 2018, 11:07:32 pm »
failed at rangers? he was one of your better players. judging from what i've read on twitter he's leaving due to sectarian abuse.

He was alright. Nothing special but he didn't look out of place.

Solanke to Rangers is a shout. Probably play week in, week out for a top side. Didn't do Moussa Dembélé any harm with his development at Celtic... however you look at Tammy Abraham banging them in for Villa. Better than sitting in the stands in his suit. He's better than the likes of Oliver McBurnie who is the same age. He needs the experience and roughing up, not training in the sterile environment of Melwood..
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #638 on: December 18, 2018, 05:31:43 pm »
He was alright. Nothing special but he didn't look out of place.

Solanke to Rangers is a shout. Probably play week in, week out for a top side. Didn't do Moussa Dembélé any harm with his development at Celtic... however you look at Tammy Abraham banging them in for Villa. Better than sitting in the stands in his suit. He's better than the likes of Oliver McBurnie who is the same age. He needs the experience and roughing up, not training in the sterile environment of Melwood..

A really bad one.

We want him to develop, not slog around on 3G pitches playing bog standard football.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #639 on: December 18, 2018, 05:43:18 pm »
A really bad one.

We want him to develop, not slog around on 3G pitches playing bog standard football.

Yes, it's not so much playing at Ibrox in front of 40,000 crowds that matters, as our Rangers friend argued. That's quite nice, but the average crowd faced by Derby County, week in, week out, home and away, is much higher than any Rangers player experiences. The main point however is the sheer paucity of the opposition in Scotland. Solanke won't learn anything from being up against Archie McKneeheigh every week.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.