Author Topic: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 271946 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2010, 01:26:32 pm »
NIce one 51cam will remember that,

Irish raider The Buck looks to have a decent chance if handling the surface,,3.05s  7/1 ew

Going to have to have a little punt on 'The Buck' - especially with that name!!!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2010, 01:52:42 pm »
Sorry about the draw call, I hope no one went big on it. It rained about an hour after the match finished, and hammered down.

Just a timing thing. Obviously all losing bets are bad ones, but this was worth the risk. I have good contacts in cricket, so if I hear anything of note, I'll put it on here.

You have every right to disregard anything I say, obviously.

thanks for passing on no matter the outcome,
All help is appreciated
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »
Going to have to have a little punt on 'The Buck' - especially with that name!!!

!!!! good luck !!!!
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »
Wild one this 2.05s revelator,100/1,slightly interesting he takes on the odds on fav again, was beaten 30l by him tho..about as wild as it comes
bollocks

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2010, 02:10:41 pm »
Not a huge fan of getting involved in preliminary round matches at the Darts but Michael Mansell @ 4/7 tonight is hard to pass up.

Mansell qualified for tonight by winning the Tom Kirby Memorial Cup where he won the final 6-4 with a 93 average. I've seen the match and Mansell was averaging well over 100 for the first 6/7 legs of it and throwing superbly. He's also reached the semi-final of a PDC Tour Event this year and the semi-final of BDO's Northern Ireland Open last month so he's throwing well. One concern might be the fact that he's playing on stage but the Tom Kirby was played at the World Grand Prix so that shouldn't hold any fears for him.

I know very little about Preston Ridd but the chaps from New Zealand have rarely covered themselves in glory in recent years and his record doesn't show much bar a few local wins so I'm not expecting him to be able to perform at Mansell's level.

4/7 with baldy.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2010, 02:29:52 pm »
I notice Yossi is running again in the last at Southwell. 4 second places on the bounce. Been watching Yossi for a while but luckily not backing it.

Got 'Peter's Gift' and 'The Buck' singles and a double in the next two at Southwell just for shits and giggles.  Any money back off them and i might lob it on Yossi who could go one better today.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2010, 03:09:05 pm »
race not over as i type and the buck pulled up ffs
bollocks

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »
Thats got to be the worse double i have ever done :(

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2010, 02:20:00 am »
Steve Brown is a good bet against Terry Jenkins in the second round of the PDC Worlds.Brown was very impressive against Jelle Klassen,while Jenkins had a minor scare against Joe Cullen.Jenkins should go off heavy odds on,and is well worth a lay on betfair with a view to trading a profit in running.
Kenny Godglish

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2010, 01:52:51 pm »
trying the scorching wind 2.05 l e/w 25/1
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2010, 03:16:32 pm »
Silk slippers, 3.35 18/1 e/w
Irish raider,well backed at southwell tues with fallon up.back to 6f today,different jock up,headgear on may sharpen him up,or so im hoping,
bollocks

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:13 pm »
Not a huge fan of getting involved in preliminary round matches at the Darts but Michael Mansell @ 4/7 tonight is hard to pass up.

Mansell qualified for tonight by winning the Tom Kirby Memorial Cup where he won the final 6-4 with a 93 average. I've seen the match and Mansell was averaging well over 100 for the first 6/7 legs of it and throwing superbly. He's also reached the semi-final of a PDC Tour Event this year and the semi-final of BDO's Northern Ireland Open last month so he's throwing well. One concern might be the fact that he's playing on stage but the Tom Kirby was played at the World Grand Prix so that shouldn't hold any fears for him.

I know very little about Preston Ridd but the chaps from New Zealand have rarely covered themselves in glory in recent years and his record doesn't show much bar a few local wins so I'm not expecting him to be able to perform at Mansell's level.

4/7 with baldy.

Erm ... he lost 4-0.

Kevin McDine tonight @ 5/6. He'll piss it tonight as Bates is shit. That's Barrie Bates who lost all 7 of his single matches during the World Cup and the same Bates who lost 4-0 to McDine here last year. I'll cry if he loses.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2010, 06:52:36 pm »
Sounds a high price given, as you say, Bates is shit. Anything to be noted regarding McDine?

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:18 pm »
It won though the standard was dismal.

McDine's a strange one. He's god awful on the floor and rarely does anything of note though he has a fairly decent record on TV. From memory, I can't recall him getting knocked out in the first round bar at last year's Grand Slam where he failed to advance from the group stages.

Bates was awful at the World Cup and was carried by Webster (who's an attractive bet at 20/1) and he looked awful again last night. Some of the shots at the double would be laughed at in the pub.

A win's a win though I blew some of the money on Caven to win 3-0 at the end.

I can't see past a treble of Caris, Walsh (who's my tournament bet at 100/1 this year) and Priestley tonight. Caris won't be fazed by the stage and will throw in a solid 90 average which will be enough to see off Burger. Walsh is in the form of his life and despite his troubles on TV I'm expecting a run this year and he'll see off Justin Pipe who's had a good year on the floor but struggled on the big stage at the Grand Slam (and I wouldn't put anyone off playing Walsh -1.5 sets). Priestley's Priestley. He's still throwing good arrows and should have enough in the bag to see off Roith who will throw nothing more than a mid 80s average. We'll worry about Dennis in the latter stages but for now I think 4/9 is a very generous price given that his last 6 tournaments read runner-up, last 32, quarter-final, last 16, semi-final and last 16 and include 2 defeats by Whitlock, 1 by Taylor and 1 by Webster.

Prices are shit after Christmas at first glance. Was hoping that Baxter's reputation would see Webster be a touch bigger than 1/2. Lloyd should be shorter than 2/5 in a race to 4 against Hylton. Steve Brown at 5/2 is the only price I can get excited by at the moment.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2010, 10:44:36 am »
No racing on Boxing day,,How odd,
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2010, 10:33:46 am »
More Southwell racing today,,Again,!!  not a happy hunting ground for me but one popped up in the note book,

13.50 DontpaytheFerryman 3/1
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2010, 02:07:34 pm »
nice,,,n  eassyyyy
bollocks

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2010, 02:11:03 pm »
Had that in a win double with Bentley in the next

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »
Had that in a win double with Bentley in the next

That'll do nicely

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »
Well in Phil, popped in here before to see any tips and seen you'd picked Bentley, threw a double with Chelsea tonight. If it comes in I owe you a pint.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »
Well in Phil, popped in here before to see any tips and seen you'd picked Bentley, threw a double with Chelsea tonight. If it comes in I owe you a pint.

Pleasure mate

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:29 pm »
Got this going at the min aswell

GBP 10.00 Double:
1 OPUS DEI @ 1/2 15:00 SOUTHWELL;
4 GENERAL TUFTO @ 13/215:35 SOUTHWELL

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2010, 03:19:40 pm »
Got this going at the min aswell

GBP 10.00 Double:
1 OPUS DEI @ 1/2 15:00 SOUTHWELL;
4 GENERAL TUFTO @ 13/215:35 SOUTHWELL
I'm on the £10 double with minortransgression. Not much value in it though at 5/2.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2010, 01:48:50 am »
Australia to score 350 or more second innings wickets is available to lay at 3.2 (so high because it's been tipped by Ed Hawkins, their cricket tipster). To score 325 or more they're available to lay at 2. I think that's where the value is now.

EDIT: Over 325 now avilable to lay at 1.85. Over 350 layable at 2.3.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:54:08 am by SalisburyRed »

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2010, 11:41:12 am »
That'll do nicely
:thumbup

Id forgotten yesterday why that horse was in my notebook.Was reminded when i went to the pub yesterdayMy mate had bought one of those internet shares in it,About 5%,,F me ,they were celebrating,,,

Due to run New years day,,If i get any news will post it up..

bollocks

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2010, 12:25:22 pm »
I'm going for a Steve Brown +1.5 sets and Wayne Jones double in the Darts this afternoon.

Jones will throw consistent 15 dart legs where as van der Voort will throw the occasional 12 dart leg littered with 18/21 dart legs so I think Jones will be too strong.

I think Brown's going to win but I'm going to play safe and back him to win just the 3 sets. Jenkins wanders off during matches and misses doubles so he'll give Brown chances and Brown has looked incredibly solid on his TV apps and I suspect he'll stay in touch and take advantage of TJ's missed doubles.

Pays 3.48 with Boylesports.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2010, 02:27:59 pm »
going to try vic venturi 33s ew,and in the lexus chase 2.35l
bollocks

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »
:thumbup

Id forgotten yesterday why that horse was in my notebook.Was reminded when i went to the pub yesterdayMy mate had bought one of those internet shares in it,About 5%,,F me ,they were celebrating,,,

Due to run New years day,,If i get any news will post it up..

Nice 1 , let us know

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2010, 02:48:53 pm »
Im a fkn knob aye,,,Rarely bet ffos las,so didnt notice a bloody french horse running there 2.40,and won,,,4/1...gutted,I always notice those,,
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2010, 03:00:31 pm »
Now ive belatedly looked at ffos las ive noticed an ex Prescott horse(winner at 2m) with one of my fav jocks on,Daryl Jacob,Trainer owns the horse so looks a significant booking,or that could be all shite,80/1 ew
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »
oh yeah,,,that wouldve helped !!!
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2010, 03:23:44 pm »
Kings realm showed a little promise,going to watch out for that one,

trying Irish raider No trimmings 3.25l 16/1 ew
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:25 am »
Couple of interesting british raiders over in Ireland for the big handicap,2.30l
Skippers brig ,3rd to poquelin reads well since that has come out and won the A.P Gold cup.Needs to be fully wound up and to jump well in this race.Proven on heavy ground.10s ew

Stormin exit,tipped up by timeform.nice weight,won couple of good handicaps last season..25s ew
Ground a worry

Follow the plan could go well at a huge price in a race with many chances
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2010, 12:25:58 pm »
Profits what its all about Ifsea,
bollocks

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »
Final Drive. Throw it in the memory. Cracking horse.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »
tempted by Anderson now to win the PDC.incredible form against smith just now, 101 average and great finishing
he'll come up against barney in the quaters who'll be hard beat but reproduce that form and hes unstoppable. 4/1 with most bookies,

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 1, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »
Having a gamble on the rugby, Scarlets-Dragons, surely a team who are 1.20 to win shouldn't be 2.37 to win both halves?

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 3, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »
PGA Tournament of Champions. First event of the PGA tour.

Players who kept their hand in over the winter and played in Australia or South Africa tend to do well in this tournament.

Oglivy  had a win and a second in Australia in December. Els had a win in South Africa a couple of weeks ago.

Both ex winners of this tournament with Oglivy defending champion. 

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 3, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »
Rubbish yesterday,Some lazy sunday bets,

12.20e shinrock hill ew 66/1, Pipe castoff but joins another top stable,has won a bumper,

More later

not quite the 100-1 it ended up 2nd last time,,,,4/5 best price

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/lingfield/14:50
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 02:48:20 pm by planet--terror »
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 3, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
nice win ,shite price,,,looks a decent horse,,in the notebook.
bollocks