Author Topic: James Pearce(Echo) on the transfer committee  (Read 147711 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Pearce(Echo) on the transfer committee
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »
Yeah and something will give soon.

Yeah, that's my view.

Rightly or wrongly, when the shit throwing starts it generally ends up with the manager being sacked.
 :(
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2014, 04:52:19 pm »
I'll take it straight from the horses mouth - oh and both of these were James Pearce articles too.  :) Funny how he could do a total 180 in a matter of months.

Yeah, funny what people are capable of if they want to deflact from their own failure...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2014, 04:52:38 pm »
The first two articles - taking credit for the signings - were exclusives to James Pearce. So it's apparent where this has come from. And if it's apparent to us, it will be apparent to FSG, and to the rest of the transfer committee who he's thrown under the bus.

Sad to see leaks like this. Won't be long now.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:54:59 pm by NealFrom25Yards »

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:10 pm »
Then first two articles - taking credit for the signings - were exclusives to James Pearce. So it's apparent where this has come from. And if it's apparent to is, it will be apparent to FSG, and to the rest of the transfer committee who he's thrown under the bus.

Sad to see leaks like this. Won't be long now.

Exactly.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »
It doesn't sit right with me. Why would FSG spend money on players the manager won't play, players which we will sell off for a loss later on?

Offline dumbo

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »
and Tony Barrett 3 weeks ago

All of these issues would not be such a mounting concern if so many of the first-choice signings that Liverpool have made have not been so counterintuitive. After Rodgers said whereas other teams play with ten men and a goalkeeper his philosophy was “to play with eleven,” Liverpool went and signed Simon Mignolet who has shown no signs of being a sweeper keeper since his arrival.

That signing is the poster child for whatever has gone wrong with our transfer policy.

It should not have been suggested, and when it was suggested... it should have been vetoed.  He's a good keeper, but he's certainly not a keeper that fits any style we're likely to play under Rodgers.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »
This is basically how I feel as well. What a mess.

Sad isn`t it mate? We`ve gone from almost winning the league to a mess on the pitch,in fighting, lots of stuff getting leaked and all within six months.

This almost feels like the Rafa/cancer days, obviously not as bad but there`s a certain feel to it.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »
Konoplyanka, Salah, Costa, Dempsey, Ince, Mkhitiryan, Sigurdsson, Sanchez, Eriksen, Bony, Vorm.

Fucking hell. Regardless what you think of those players individually - there's a lot of them. Probably more we don't know about. All gettable. All failed to secure because of mingebagging over some millions.

Konoplyanka not doing that much
Salah Chelsea looking to offload at a loss
Dempsey fuck me we got away with not signing him
Ince no thanks not exactly looking like a good player now is he
Micky Ryan,  Dortmund not happy might be sold next window
Sigurdsson should have chosen us obviously didnt like Spurs
Sanchez begged Barca to take the lower Arsenal offer do you think he wanted to come here?
Erikson Perhaps i will give you that one
Bony people were full of abuse at the thought of signing him guess its different now?
Vorm paper talk never happening in reality, if he wanted him he would have been signed ahead of Mignolet

so all gettable but frankly who the fuck wants some of em suits a weird agenda though. by the way you forgot the nomad Wiil i am .

you need more research and a better list

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:26 pm »
Well whether or not you believe the source the fact there is now apparently briefings and leaks is the beginning of things going totally pear shaped.  For Cecil and Rafa read Ayre and Rodgers? 

It's all a bit of a mess.  This may be just the start.  Maybe FSG need to look at the mess they created with this set-up and make some changes as it's not working.  A mess on the pitch and now the politics are kicking in off it.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:55 pm »
It doesn't sit right with me. Why would FSG spend money on players the manager won't play, players which we will sell off for a loss later on?

Is a good question.

I mean if Sakho wasn't 'his' signing as has been said, same for Aspas then during the summer, or earlier, questions would of been asked why Rodgers wasn't playing these players and if that is because they weren't his then things would of changed then.

We wouldn't of gone and spent another Ł120m on players which Rodgers would then not play.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »
Exactly, regardless of who is right, it's clear that stuff is getting leaked from all sides as they rush to turn the backlash onto the others.

John Henry needs to get off his arse in Boston, fly over, sit everybody down, and fix the system at this club, because it's incredibly clear that it's not working.

Aye but I don't think you close Pandora's box with a well timed meeting. Once the Press smells blood only 2 things make this disappear. One, we start winning games, get a good performance, have a thrilling comeback, have Balotelli score some worldie, even if he does fuck all else for many games either side. Just something to make the low information consumers think crisis is over.
Or Van Gaal drops his pants and rubs Rafael's face in his balls while shouting at Luke Shaw to scream little piggy scream. Then nobody gives a fuck about us for a while.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »
Nothing story and probably launched by the usual suspects just that this time the manager himself seems to be involved to deflact from his managing mistakes and some players not being good enough anymore despite having their position regardless.

I am glad that this comitee overruled Rodgers if Lallana, Lambert and Lovren were to be his signings with a combined 40m+.

Balotelli was a good signing, it just doesn't suit to some players style and for that their position is in question.

People may flame me but well in FSG, cannot believe that people are so naive to believe every story launched.

The squad is good, very good, excuses are lined up for protecting the wrong people, this time though they are messing with the wrong people.

Your conclusions seem bent on shaping opinion rather than illuminating what is really happening. 

Of course, share your views on FSG's position on how we read the papers.   And thrill us with your acumen of how Balotelli was "a good signing", as if the post-Suarez crapification has all of sudden washed off all sense of context.   

But please do not come in here and shill "naive" tropes designed to protect powerful interests from analysis.  It is pretty clear that Rodgers' supposed to be the fall guy if the TC does not work out.  He is their face.  The only question then is, how much does the face get to put his own people in place....   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »
Konoplyanka not doing that much
Salah Chelsea looking to offload at a loss
Dempsey fuck me we got away with not signing him
Ince no thanks not exactly looking like a good player now is he
Micky Ryan,  Dortmund not happy might be sold next window
Sigurdsson should have chosen us obviously didnt like Spurs
Sanchez begged Barca to take the lower Arsenal offer do you think he wanted to come here?
Erikson Perhaps i will give you that one
Bony people were full of abuse at the thought of signing him guess its different now?
Vorm paper talk never happening in reality, if he wanted him he would have been signed ahead of Mignolet

so all gettable but frankly who the fuck wants some of em suits a weird agenda though. by the way you forgot the nomad Wiil i am .

you need more research and a better list

So basically... Rodgers isn't at fault, but the club isn't at fault either. So what's going wrong, do you think?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
This was how it played out under kenny/comolli wasn't it?

Either Rodgers is kak at identifying players we need , or the transfer committee won't pay for said players. Or both.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »
Is correct mate, and few people need to look at themselves when slating Rodgers. He`s making mistakes, but it now seems alot of whats going on is out of his control.
It would go some way to explain why he continues to play some of these transfers foisted upon him when clearly not working. To make a point to the powers that be perhaps?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2014, 04:58:58 pm »
Aye but I don't think you close Pandora's box with a well timed meeting. Once the Press smells blood only 2 things make this disappear. One, we start winning games, get a good performance, have a thrilling comeback, have Balotelli score some worldie, even if he does fuck all else for many games either side. Just something to make the low information consumers think crisis is over.
Or Van Gaal drops his pants and rubs Rafael's face in his balls while shouting at Luke Shaw to scream little piggy scream. Then nobody gives a fuck about us for a while.

Or shove Ayre's Harley up his arse, sack the rest of the transfer committee and bring in somebody competent to lead the club's direction like nicola cortese
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »
Like everything, you could probably read into it a million ways depending what you're view point is.

Seems like that's pretty much what's happening in this thread. Personally I don't take anything a journalist says as absolute truth, even more so when the manager has said the opposite. The worst thing is that this type of thing will lead to even more stories, like Gerrard being unhappy for example, not exactly what we need right now.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »
I think the Article is spot on though, however maybe Martinez walked because of this and Rodgers accepted it, if so its a case of if make your bed you need to lie in it. Still want Rodgers here for a long time yet maybe we need a better Committee though, perhaps one with Gary Mac on it for example.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »
I cannot believe how naive you guys are.. I reall can't.

This article is launched to protect the wrong people, the squad is alright BECAUSE some people within the club didn' get their will and the comitee overruled them.

Rodgers exluded players for absolutely no reason just to complain that the squad is too weak and he does this together with the captain... no excuse for that, none.

Dirty little game but this time even with the help of the press it won't work to fool the owners.

Will you give it a rest with calling everyone 'naive', as if you know what's really going on - you don't, you know as much as the rest of us (actually, probably less).

'Rodgers exluded players for absolutely no reason just to complain that the squad is too weak' - even by your standards this is nonsensical. Why would he leave players out who could help the team (thereby affecting the teams' performance and risking his own job) just to make a point? Are you trying to say he got all the players he wanted in the summer but still wants to complain that the squad is weak? You're literally making no sense at all.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »
It would go some way to explain why he continues to play some of these transfers foisted upon him when clearly not working. To make a point to the powers that be perhaps?

Who? As apparently he ISN'T playing the ones forced on him.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »
Seems like that's pretty much what's happening in this thread. Personally I don't take anything a journalist says as absolute truth, even more so when the manager has said the opposite. The worst thing is that this type of thing will lead to even more stories, like Gerrard being unhappy for example, not exactly what we need right now.

Yup.

The irony being is a lot of the info that clashes with what Pearce has just said comes from....Pearce himself!!

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:03 pm »
If true, that's brendan being thrown completely under the bus by the tc. In which case he deserves whatever fsg can afford to buy players HE needs in January, and sack the rest of the fucking committee.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »
The transfer committee is shit and failed this summer. This is not news, why are people surprised.

And as for Rodgers not wanting Balotelli, that's all well and good; but going into the season without another striker would've been madness.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »
Yup.

The irony being is a lot of the info that clashes with what Pearce has just said comes from....Pearce himself!!

Pearce is just a puppet like the other "reliable" liverpool journos who spreads whatever message his source at the club wants out there. i imagine right now it's Rodgers or somebody close to Rodgers
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »
Start to look more like the latter days of Roy's days or Alan Pardew's monthly.. .  Media taking camps and throwing leaks and/or made up leaks over the wall. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »
Let me see if I understand this... 

Rodgers spent all summer telling us how the players we've signed were chosen because they "fit what we're trying to do here" and because they have the technical and mental attributes suited to "how I work".  On multiple occasions he cited these as explanations for why our spending spree wasn't like that of Spurs the previous season.  We wouldn't "do a Spurs" he said because the players were handpicked to suit Liverpool. 

Now that shit has hit the fan, and Lovren sized chunks of poo are raining upon us, Rodgers is using the committee as an umbrella. 

Have I got that about right? 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »
Is James Pearce Rodgers' agent or PR spokesman or something?

The whole thing is a sick joke but Rodgers is not without blame. Lovren signing did not make sense at all.

A lot of briefings and buck passing going on at the moment. Where's the accountability within this shitty committee.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »
I'll take it straight from the horses mouth - oh and both of these were James Pearce articles too.  :) Funny how he could do a total 180 in a matter of months. It's almost like somebody wanted the credit when the going was good, and wants none of it when it's not so good.

May 2013
May 2014
Not to mention the quotes thus year about all our signings being 'first choice'. In fact, we apparently 'had our pick'.

Well, Neal, things change over time, don't they.   

Would it be possible to review things you have said in 2013 and put them in today's context and pick them apart?  I suspect so.
The issue is the context ---- a point you seem to be making, but only on one side.

How about Rodgers having to serve as the salesperson of the committee, selling it to the media to only find out they do not know what they are doing (and having to struggle to get the players he wants and knows will be able to play in his system)? 

And for why is this coming out now, well Rodgers does not have that much to lose anymore.  Maybe he already knows his role is to go down with the ship, but if he goes down he wants the soccer world and any future employer to know what is what.

Again, none of us have complete information.  So, lets not do the "gotcha 180" game when maybe there is a perfectly reasonable explanation ---- which you nor I are not designed to ever know. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
I think the Article is spot on though, however maybe Martinez walked because of this and Rodgers accepted it, if so its a case of if make your bed you need to lie in it. Still want Rodgers here for a long time yet maybe we need a better Committee though, perhaps one with Gary Mac on it for example.

Or how about we do it the old fashioned way.

At least then the manager gets to actually shape his own destiny, and can have no qualms if it goes wrong.

Committee's are a load of bollocks mate. Because let's not piss about here, it's Brendan that will get fucked off, and he's definitely feeling the heat if he is indeed 'leaking' stories.
He's mitigating the performance's thus far.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »
We're here again. An absolute mess.

Dunno how we're going to sort this out, but if we hold Rodgers accountable for our performances then Rodgers need to make the decision on players.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:26 pm »
The transfer committee is shit and failed this summer. This is not news, why are people surprised.

And as for Rodgers not wanting Balotelli, that's all well and good; but going into the season without another striker would've been madness.
Going into the final week of the summer window with the option of Balotelli or Eto'o was madness, especially given that we'd privately known that Suarez was probably going since he signed his new contract with explicit exit clause the previous winter.

Offline tboz

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »
I'll take it straight from the horses mouth - oh and both of these were James Pearce articles too.  :) Funny how he could do a total 180 in a matter of months. It's almost like somebody wanted the credit when the going was good, and wants none of it when it's not so good.

May 2013
May 2014
Not to mention the quotes thus year about all our signings being 'first choice'. In fact, we apparently 'had our pick'.

Agree with this.

The problem isn't even with the signings now its more about the squad management and performance levels.

I think the main mistake with the younger signings is they were all signed at once rather than over the two windows without a star player who could make a direct impact.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
If January comes and goes without anyone coming in, that will speak volumes.  Just about 45 days till we know  ;)
Loose the next two and i think we will know sooner,No one on that committee knows fuck all about football bar the manager so ho can they have a say in players we sign, is it a case if they are cheap enough then its ok to sign them Brendan.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:09 pm »
Rodgers refuses to work with a DOF but wants to work with TC

Yeah that makes sense.

Fordy, do you know how every system works before you enter it?   How do you know Rodgers didn't say no to the DoF issue, but that this TC was designed as another mechanism to serve as an informal (DoF)?   

Rodgers has got be the Amazing Kreskin over here?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:51:26 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:09 pm »

Look, what I find really poor is that the manager is the only one who has to face up to the press and the media, if the committee is able to over-rule him on key signings and sign players without his consent then  someone else should be visible, the system only works if we sign players that are suited to our style of play and bring attributes that our team needs, and the people in the committee have to be as accountable as the manager.

We do not need internal politics fucking us up.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:17 pm »
Possibly TM, who knows what the fucks going on. It just all feels very fractured and messy, the management at the club look like there leaking info against each other, team sheets getting leaked, reports of unhappy players.

Why do we do this to ourselves.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »
Really hard to believe this going by some of the comments of those that left.

You mean Agger?  Sahin?  Suarez?  Reina?  Be specific.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:45 pm »
Pearce is just a puppet like the other "reliable" liverpool journos who spreads whatever message his source at the club wants out there. i imagine right now it's Rodgers or somebody close to Rodgers

Exactly. It feels like it's Rodgers who wants to save his name here + bring attention to the TC and get it removed, etc!?

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
'Rodgers exluded players for absolutely no reason just to complain that the squad is too weak' - even by your standards this is nonsensical. Why would he leave players out who could help the team (thereby affecting the teams' performance and risking his own job) just to make a point?

I disagree that he's did it to prove a point - but he has left players out at the team's expense.

Most recently with Borini when he started an out-on-his-feet Lambert 4 times in 2 weeks.

Borini took the news pretty childishly, but illuminatingly, by favouriting anti-Rodgers quotes on Twitter, repeatedly posting that he's fit and ready to play, and getting his girlfriend involved.  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »
Pearce himself, the guy who everyone is so happy to believe now, even reported at the time that Rodgers wasn't lying and the deal wasn't happening and then he suddenly became available.
There's not one thing that has came out Rodgers mouth that has suggested he particularly wanted Balotelli. From the demeanour of that press conference and every one since it was clear that Balotelli's availability was meaningless, Rodgers didn't want him. Him becoming available means the signing was possible but it doesn't mean that Rodgers wanted him in the team.

Fact is, we ended up with him. We wanted him to be a success. In the immediate aftermath when we're working to that success, it would be undermining and unhealthy to suggest that Rodgers ended up with a player he didn't want. Even if it was abundantly clear by everything else that came out.

You can apply this to the 'final say' quotes. No doubt he does have somewhat of a veto, but if the only players the committee put deals in place for are players Rodgers doesn't particularly want, his 'yes'  becomes a bit empty. But he's got to work with those players and try build a winning team.

If yer Ma asked you if you want Dish A or Dish B for your tea but you like neither, you've had the final say but it doesn't mean you like what you ended up with.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:09:28 pm by Bakez0151 »