Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers is our manager  (Read 13643 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers is our manager
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2014, 01:25:21 pm »
So you'd have Roy Hodgson or Colin Wanker as our manager as long as we where winning would you?

If Hodgson won every game he was in charge of us and we was top of the league do you think FSG would of booted him? Get real. I wanna see my club win, with nice attractive stuff if possible but I'm not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face. I'd rather win 38 games on the spin doing it ugly with a dick in charge than lose every single match but trying to play the right way with a nice fella at the helm.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »
I don't give a Fuck who the manager is, as long as we are winning.

I don't believe this. I'd imagine a few us wouldn't be happy with a manager who had our players diving around, coplaining Anfield is too quiet and referring to himself as the Special One.

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline georgiejones

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2014, 01:27:54 pm »
People are like tea bags ,you only know how weak or strong they are when they're in hot water.Right now our manager is in hot water,we need a manager who can handle the pressure and turn this around.If he can't do that then unfortunately he is not the right man for the job,if he comes through this and turns it around then we know we've got a special man in charge of our team.
I hope he does it especially after last season.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2014, 01:28:45 pm »
I don't believe this. I'd imagine a few us wouldn't be happy with a manager who had our players diving around, coplaining Anfield is too quiet and referring to himself as the Special One.

You must have missed all the 'spanish dives' last year as brendan so eloquently put it!  :-X

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »
If Hodgson won every game he was in charge of us and we was top of the league do you think FSG would of booted him? Get real. I wanna see my club win, with nice attractive stuff if possible but I'm not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face. I'd rather win 38 games on the spin doing it ugly with a dick in charge than lose every single match but trying to play the right way with a nice fella at the helm.

I wouldn't want a cock like that anywhere near my club, no matter how good a manager he was thanks very much. It still narks me that he was ever our manager in the first place the disrespectful c*nt! >:(

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2014, 01:30:30 pm »
You must have missed all the 'spanish dives' last year as brendan so eloquently put it!  :-X

You know what i mean.

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2014, 01:31:57 pm »
people trying to make him a victim, but in fact the victims are we fans
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2014, 01:33:30 pm »
How does anybody know this? Some Twatter ITK speak?  Or did somebody from the club come out and say "well he wasn't what we wanted but... "....  Why would they give BR an ultimatum which involves spending money on Balotelli when he is anything -but- a sure thing? The lad has been through about five clubs by the time he's 23?  If anything this should be the point where he said "I know what I want, and it is a quick, pacey striker to stretch teams" - then he can get as much slack as he needs from FSG because he made clear that footballing matters and not moneyball drive the club now. 

But lets be fair, Balotelli wasn't a moneyball signing, he's massively hyped, arguably overpriced, flashes of brilliance but usually shite and lazy. Even Mourinho, who despite being a total c*nt is a fantastic man manager, said he wasn't manageable - what sort of scout links that player to the club without the knowledge of the baggage?  The only way that happens is if Rodgers comes out and says he will take him,  and that Rodgers thinks he just needed a move to LFC to work with him to "fix him".  I do get the whole supporting the manager thing, and I do think it'll be daft if you lot sack him because - realistically, if Ranieri is the replacement you'd best not touch that - but that doesn't make him immune to criticism either for blowing 120m and failing to integrate seemingly any of the players.   For all this talk of Man Utd spending 250m in the summer, not -one- of those players started the Old Trafford game, that was last season's team, effectively.
Ballotelli was a classic moneyball signing,  effectively under valued, and still at an age were he could improve.
The problem is that moneyball only looks at stats, human attributes come way down the list.. The only other striker that under valued using moneyball was Suarez and guess what, the same could be said of him with regard to the human element.
Yesterday interestingly, he looked like he was buying in to the team ethic.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

Nobody is the "victim". There should never be a "victim" when it comes to a Liverpool manager.

There should be every single person on the same page, pulling in the same direction.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2014, 01:38:54 pm »

Please, stop.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:33 pm »
I wouldn't want a cock like that anywhere near my club, no matter how good a manager he was thanks very much. It still narks me that he was ever our manager in the first place the disrespectful c*nt! >:(

If he was good at what he did you wouldn't hate him. Just like Suarez.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
You know what i mean.

Wasn't that when di matteo stood in as manager?
Anyway not that it matters, but there are far moreworthwhile accusations to make at mourinho rather than the players diving, cos' every team has serial offenders, lets focus on mourinho being a prize c*nt for example.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

True words. This isn't Roy of the rovers.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »

Bingo. Anyone saying Mourinho or Hodgson wouldn't be loved by the fans here if he brought success is kidding themselves.  Suarez was a horrible cheating twat but he was our horrible cheating twat.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »
The particular newspaper reporting it as exclusive was, it's fair to say, very worrying. I appreciate some will say that that newspaper has diabolical relationship with the truth, and indeed they do,- but even they wouldn't run that story without a source, and there's since been no denials of it. The idea that a source of any kind in our dressing room was speaking to them is fucking horrendous.
Well in one interview Brendan said after the Palace game questions where asked and Lovern was then dropped so i would say the story was spot on, too much of our business is in the press these days and it has to stop ,ranks need to be closed and a team spirit needs to be built up , too many individuals trying to feather their own nest and not playing for the team.
Ex players sticking the boot in is not helping, how shit utd where last season none of their ex players where lining up to stick the boot in.
Sky and the rags done my fucking head in yesterday, you would swear we where playing Madrid again, utd where fucking shit and still won ,i think thats what hurt the most we should of still scored 6 or 7 easily ,they where noting special just more clinical and and blind linesman didnt help

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:31 pm »
Ballotelli was a classic moneyball signing,  effectively under valued, and still at an age were he could improve.
The problem is that moneyball only looks at stats, human attributes come way down the list.. The only other striker that under valued using moneyball was Suarez and guess what, the same could be said of him with regard to the human element.
Yesterday interestingly, he looked like he was buying in to the team ethic.

You clearly no absolutely nothing about Moneyball.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2014, 01:54:04 pm »

Hodgsons a c*nt. I'll never forgive him for the way he had a pop at the fan base in the days of H & G. And for that reason alone, yes I would fucking hate him.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:34 pm »
Bingo. Anyone saying Mourinho or Hodgson wouldn't be loved by the fans here if he brought success is kidding themselves.

After what Hodgson said about our fan base who protested about H & G. No I wouldn't.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2014, 01:56:50 pm »
In one. When you break down what Suarez actually did while he was here - convicted of racism, bit 2x opponents, repeatedly dived, sindey hair pulls, did an interview about being desperate to leave and sign for a direct rival - and did we give a fuck when he clacked in goal after goal? Did we fuck.

Suarez was not convicted of racism.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »

Spanish penalties.

Pertaining to the subject, Brendan Rodgers is our manager and I believe he deserves the time to put things right. We were so close to winning the league last year. Has he not earned at least this season?

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »
Fancying this nobody, is he quick.
It couldn't possibly have been 'nobody' in any case, that makes no sense! Surely he would have been offered balotelli at 16m and 90k wages or someone of the same value and wages etc...??

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »
he needs a bit of luck, get Sturridge back and shut all the bad-moaners up.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »
Bingo. Anyone saying Mourinho or Hodgson wouldn't be loved by the fans here if he brought success is kidding themselves.  Suarez was a horrible cheating twat but he was our horrible cheating twat.

Maybe.

But I think the point is it's always better if they are genuinely nice men who try to play the game right and have the clubs best interests at heart. That, for me, is Brendan and buys him some slack. And is why he should never, ever be compared to Roy f*cking Hodgson.

Most of that not aimed at you mate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2014, 02:02:30 pm »
It couldn't possibly have been 'nobody' in any case, that makes no sense! Surely he would have been offered balotelli at 16m and 90k wages or someone of the same value and wages etc...??

Like who? I think your forgetting how flawed our transfer policy appears to be.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »
In one. When you break down what Suarez actually did while he was here - convicted of racism, bit 2x opponents, repeatedly dived, sindey hair pulls, did an interview about being desperate to leave and sign for a direct rival - and did we give a fuck when he clacked in goal after goal? Did we fuck.

Of course.

I don't defend what Suarez did, but I think what you said is important. We won't accept everything, but it's a performance based environment. We want and we need players who deliver. And I love that I've experienced Suarez at the club. Because he's given me a new point of reference. That's what a world class player looks like. Forget the 15 goals/season stuff. You're world class when you sniff around 30. You're a top class striker when you hit 20+. If we want to win the title, we need at least one of them. There are few of them out there. If it means we need to go for a player who isn't the nicest player on the planet, so be it. We can have our preferences, but we need to secure the right quality. Even if it doesn't mean perfect press all the time.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »
Whinging about a manager's decision making on a fucking internet forum and verbally abusing someone stood 5 yards away from you after nearly two decades of loyal service are fucking worlds apart.
of course.
all I'm saying is, this weekend we have an opportunity to get behind the team and manager.  if we go behind we should show solidarity

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
You clearly no absolutely nothing about Moneyball.
Educate me then.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
Let's not go there, but you know full well what I was talking about nonetheless. The point being - Suarez at someone else's club? A c*nt. Playing for liverpool? A hero.

That's the way it works, when you're boss at football.

I'm sorry but I still wouldn't want a manager at our club who direspected the fans the way he did, no matter how good a manager he was.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »
It's a fact. I'm not in any way attached to moneyball, but that's what the owners wanted when they came here. They're not going to be paying £35-50m for superstars with 250 grand pw. No chance. But they haven't injected their own plans into the club. So we're stuck with a plan which, unfortunately, isn't suited to the backroom staff we have at the club. We're still buying a plethora of cheap signings who are poorly scouted and don't have any sort of impact on the team - and Rodgers isn't really a yes man who will readily integrate every purchase. Something has to give. Either the owners will abandon the vision, or they will have to make some big changes. And they won't abandon moneyball.

Moneyball may be a new invention in the way stats were used. But it's not a new idea. I mean, 10 years ago we thought we'd signed two superstars in FSP and ALT. What we did was we tried to sign young talent before they went to someone else. And we signed Gary Mac, an older pro who had something to offer, on a free. We can go further back. People have always tried to find undervalued players.

Rodgers would try and do the same, with or without people who refer to Moneyball.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »
I thought the players reaction - to what was an obvious offside - was depressing as well. They didn't even seem arsed that they'd been swindled out of a goal, just resigned to it.
That is whole season mate , no fight no spirit no one bollocking the shit decisions ,our players are just excepting everything, look at utd yesterday the granny shagger was never out of the refs ear ,when a player was breaking fast they ended up on the deck and the yellow card was taken, Velencia should have ended up on his arse for the first goal. I think it just sums up the team at the moment just going through the motions and excepting everything, Brendan needs to get the pressing going again and get aggression and fight into this team.Teams just have it too handy these days , you play Liverpool the only thing you should be coming away with is a cup of tea and a good hiding.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »
While I don't disagree in theory, in practice Suarez showed a huge amount of disrespect to the fans that stood by him when he tried to force a move through to arsenal. A huge, huge amount of public disrespect, it was worse than just handing in a transfer request - he was publicly pleading and dragging the club through  the mud.

I'm trying to remember how much I was thinking about that when his 4th against norwich went in....

But we could go on all day, so I'll finish with the age old line - History is written by the winners.

I'm sorry we'll just have to agree to disagree. You might be able to accept any old c*nt as our manager in the name of winning but I couldn't.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »
Ex players sticking the boot in is not helping, how shit utd where last season none of their ex players where lining up to stick the boot in.

I'm sure they cracked at some point. Didn't Scholes blow his top after a CL game?

Here come the same dickheads who forced Rafa out.

Fans since 05

Do Purslow and Broughton post on here? The plot thickens....

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »
He also basically told the world last night that the dressing room is a mess. Each to their own.
How so? Didn't see it?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »
Here come the same dickheads who forced Rafa out.

Fans since 05

I'm going to start by saying that I don't want Rodgers sacked.

However, I don't think comparison to the Benitez situation is correct or even relevant. While I agree we should be offering our manager support this is slightly different than when Benitez was under pressure from a section of our fans. Benitez had way more credit in the bank than Rodgers does at this stage.  Mainly due to winning trophies and continued CL participation but also due to the success he had previously at Valencia. He also put his job on the line to expose Hicks and Gillet. My gut feeling is that Rodgers isn't going to get such strong backing that Rafa had in 2009-10.

Based on my conversations (real-life not internet forums) with Liverpool fans my impression is that the majority of fans don't want him sacked. Though at this stage I almost get the feeling that most fans think it is inevitable. Either during this season or come the end of the season. The same fans would have backed Rafa to hilt in this situation.

That's where I am at the moment. Almost a resignation that's things are coming to a head unless there is a dramatic upsurge in our fortunes soon.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:37 pm »
Rodgers' has gained a reputation of being an excellent motivator and harnessing potential from youth players. He has demonstrated that he can translate his training ground discipline to implementing positive tactics during a game. He has also demonstrated time and again that he knows what it is to be a Liverpool manager and knows the proud history of the club.

That was only a few months ago. The missing piece is not Suarez or Sturridge alone. The missing piece is the motivation for all the squad players to play in the World Cup. Flanno, Henderson, Johnson, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lucas, Mignolet, etc. etc. had an an end goal towards the end of the season. A perfect storm if you will. What started out as "trying to" qualify for Champions League turned into a serious attempt at the Premier League.

Now Brendan Rodgers was not to blame for overachieving last term and should take a lot of credit for fostering the environment for such free-flowing football.

All things considered, his recruitment class of 2014 is very good. Every single player recruited is a good signing. Unfortunately, the entire English squad, Lovren, and Balotelli had a World Cup to forget. The new squad has not had time to recover from the effects of the World Cup. Where I put the blame on Rodgers is his inability to motivate the team or set up formation and tactics that will suit players in form. It almost seems like Rodgers is an EXCELLENT coach on the training ground, but still a MEDIOCRE manager at a big club.

What I find very troubling is his history of losing patience with players too soon or making signing (even he loses patience with).

FIRST YEAR:
(1) Not Retaining/Loaning Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll
(2) Buying Borini - losing patience after ONLY one season!

SECOND YEAR:
(1) Removing/Loaning Downing, Suso, Reina
(2) Buying Aspas - losing patience after ONLY one season!

THIRD YEAR:
(1) Removing/Loaning Agger, Ibe

That debacle over starting line-up for Real Madrid & Chelsea just proves that he is NOT ready to manage a Champions League team. The fact is that he is learning on the job (or I hope he is). We could either remove him and place a Champions League pedigree manager, or what is more useful, we stick with him, support him and let him learn and recover from this start. In reality, nothing has changed from the start of the season:
(1) FSG were NEVER expecting to win the Champions League.
(2) FSG were NEVER expecting to win the Premier League this season.
(3) FSG were expecting to win a domestic cup competition - STILL POSSIBLE
(4) FSG were expecting to qualify for Champions League - STILL POSSIBLE

If Liverpool win the League Cup/FA Cup and then qualify for next season's Champions League, we will have met ALL the goals of this season. In the process, give Brendan a dose of humility, he clearly needs given his cringe-worthy performances every time a mic is placed in his vicinity.

do you have any professional experience to back up your cringeworthy opinions?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »
Please just stop. This is not a discussion, it is a series of interconnected whines and moans. The few worthwhile posts have a natural home in other topics.