Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 265410 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Is Barcelona still waiting for the corner kick to be taken?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
No idea who this is but.. ;D

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Just caught the first leg on telly again - man, we were unlucky, Barca so snide and so smug at being 3 clear....little did they know what was to come.

Fuck me, no wonder they were shattered after the 2nd leg.

No opposition will be looking forward to Anfield

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Just caught the first leg on telly again - man, we were unlucky, Barca so snide and so smug at being 3 clear....little did they know what was to come.

I never watched the first leg at all at the time, I read all about how unlucky we where, the brilliance of Messi's goal, our missed sitters etc. So I never wanted to see it, though I was curious to see how right people where!

After our amazing demolition job in the 2nd Leg, and watching it a thousand time from every angle on Telly, I then watched the 1st leg, in the knowledge we where safely through!

Everybody was spot on including TAW, we where unlucky, it was as fluke result. I could watch Messi's goal in peace and with admiration knowing if meant fuck all etc.

As for that 2nd leg, I am still in awe of our achievement, psychologically, teams will come to Anfield like when they went to OT when Man U where at their peak. In other, we have fuck all chance of winning, let's hold on for dear life for a draw, let's just hope it's a cricket score etc.

You know where they are coming from, realistically, if we can do that to Barca without 2 of best attackers, what chance to lesser sides have at Anfield!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Never have I been more certain of a win than I was after that first leg.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Never have I been more certain of a win than I was after that first leg.

A win overall?

It's odd I was too, I am always super positive, I put a post on here saying 4-0, but in the back of my mind I thought to go through it would have to 3-0 and pens or 5-1. Either way, I was convinced we would pull it off!

The defiant optimism from some quarters was strange, it was balanced out by the realistic view we had no chance. Obviously the pessimistic brigade spoke for themselves!

But in all my years following the Reds, I have never known any game to divide opinion so much on our chances of success, it was bizarre to see fans with such expectations  poles apart.

I think that's why this game will never be forgotten, the shock value alone, whatever your expectations will live long in the memory!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
A win overall?

It's odd I was too, I am always super positive, I put a post on here saying 4-0, but in the back of my mind I thought to go through it would have to 3-0 and pens or 5-1. Either way, I was convinced we would pull it off!

The defiant optimism from some quarters was strange, it was balanced out by the realistic view we had no chance. Obviously the pessimistic brigade spoke for themselves!

But in all my years following the Reds, I have never known any game to divide opinion so much on our chances of success, it was bizarre to see fans with such expectations  poles apart.

I think that's why this game will never be forgotten, the shock value alone, whatever your expectations will live long in the memory!

Yes,a win overall, I was confident we could overturn it having thought that  Mo and Bobby would be ready for the return leg. Once it came clear that neither one of them would play, I was con't confident of us progressing but I knew we would play well and beat them even so.

But yes during that first leg, I was convinced we would smash them in the return leg at the time, I have yet to see a side dominate them like we did at the Camp Nou

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is this thread going to last for another season?
Believer

Offline Chakri

• Main Stander

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Is this thread going to last for another season?
I certainly hope so. I love it. 😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Fuck me, no wonder they were shattered after the 2nd leg.

No opposition will be looking forward to Anfield

What's best is that so many teams/fans/pundits etc will be praying that that's as good as we get; they'll be pushing the narrative that we've peaked.

Looking forward to proving them wrong.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Are we still talking about this....unbearable ;)
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Are we still talking about this....unbearable ;)

I know, we should stop living in the past, I mean we've just beaten Bradford 3-1 so beating an under strength Barcelona - Dembele was missing - isn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
 ;D
I know, we should stop living in the past, I mean we've just beaten Bradford 3-1 so beating an under strength Barcelona - Dembele was missing - isn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

I think we should keep the thread going until the next time we meet Barcelona. By the way am feeling in a predictive mood today. Was watching the Wimbledon final today with my sis and I told her if Federer lost his match points he would go on to lose the match. Also told her if the 5th went to a tie break he would lose cuz he's not so great with them anymore. She's a massive Federer fan. I support Nadal but I feel bad for her and all the people who love Federer.

Anyway, while my predictions are coming true let me take this opportunity to say we will win all the trophies in our path this season, including the Charity Shield, Super Cup, the World Club thingy-bob, the Premier League, that other league cup with the sponsor's name, the FA Cup and then the Champions League in Istanbul in May 2020.

That's when we'll really earn our nickname: The Unbearables.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:18:40 pm by Morgana »

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
Doesn’t get much better than this. NY bar full of Barca fans and one lone Lfc supporter.
The smile on his face at the end sums it up.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLIg-lO4jE

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I certainly hope so. I love it. 😁

Same.

One of Anfield’s greatest European nights, if not the best ever. I know we keep re-writing history on European nights at Anfield but it will be hard to top that for a long time.
YWNA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
I think this is the epitome (so far) of what defines a European night at Anfield.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
No idea who this is but.. ;D

i think thats the manager of manchester city. Can't be sure though.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

i think thats the manager of manchester city. Can't be sure though.

White-hot Med fashion model, rather... Cardiganola...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I haven’t watched it since the night. I’ll be giving both legs a watch, in order, to whet my appetite for the coming season.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I haven’t watched it since the night. I’ll be giving both legs a watch, in order, to whet my appetite for the coming season.

I read that as 'I haven't watched it since last night'. And I would have been absolutely ok with that statement.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I read that as 'I haven't watched it since last night'. And I would have been absolutely ok with that statement.

I thought the same !

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
How many teams have ever put in a better performance? We all know what cards we were dealt going into the second leg, has anybody else done anything like this recently / ever?

I was born around the time Capello’s Milan sent Cruyff and his, much favoured, adopted band of c*nts packing. I can’t think of any other comparable performances though. Istanbul was more miraculous, as was Barca’s own miracle. But I think they were both ‘lucky’, ‘unexpected’, etc. Both LFC 2005 and the Catalans had the rub of the green. PSG were robbed by a ref and Milan were facing 12 men men plus Fowler himself.

Barca don’t get any caveats for this though. 3-0 down and when our 97 point league season was rendered futile on the prior day by a freak winner. Big balls

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
How many teams have ever put in a better performance? We all know what cards we were dealt going into the second leg, has anybody else done anything like this recently / ever?

I think Deportivo v Milan must come close. Milan were defending champions at the time, won the first leg 4-1, only to lose 4-0 in the second. It was pretty much the same team we beat in Istanbul.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/apr/08/match.championsleague1

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched it again, because why not. What. A. Game. We won it, too. Would you believe? Four-nil, Origi, a Gini brace, Origi again. Bloody hell!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched it again, because why not. What. A. Game. We won it, too. Would you believe? Four-nil, Origi, a Gini brace, Origi again. Bloody hell!
I've watched it five times now, and the result never changes, must be true then. Should I watch it the sixth time?

Six times, there's something in that number...
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Doesn’t get much better than this. NY bar full of Barca fans and one lone Lfc supporter.
The smile on his face at the end sums it up.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLIg-lO4jE
;D ;D .. thanks for that..

i found this one funny... only 5 mins (spanish)  4 mates in spain, 1 Barca fan & 3 real Madrid (adopted LFC for this game)...  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOcbDyaNJMk

For anyone not seen the 'LFCTV Comms video'... Aldo & Steve Hunter.. Classic  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEpLtePJm0
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
Watched again tonight. After about the first time this week.
Trent’s corner doesn’t happen in Sunday league football it’s almost SO shit defending as it is brilliant because you don’t expect it at this level.
Playing in goal is a great example of this, it feels harder playing against shit players because you have no idea where they are going to or trying to put the ball.
Trent has tried something that Sunday league would bat away with ease and it’s only elite level that assume they have the time to set, this is what’s we do from a set piece (3-0 down you should revert to the basics even more)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Watched again tonight. After about the first time this week.
Trent’s corner doesn’t happen in Sunday league football it’s almost SO shit defending as it is brilliant because you don’t expect it at this level.
Playing in goal is a great example of this, it feels harder playing against shit players because you have no idea where they are going to or trying to put the ball.
Trent has tried something that Sunday league would bat away with ease and it’s only elite level that assume they have the time to set, this is what’s we do from a set piece (3-0 down you should revert to the basics even more)

Bang on! ;D

So amateur from Barca to switch off. And that's an insult to amateur players. But again, for me, shows that the basics are all that matter, whether you play for Barcelona or Lamb and Flag FC. 
Better looking than Samie.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
Bang on! ;D

So amateur from Barca to switch off. And that's an insult to amateur players. But again, for me, shows that the basics are all that matter, whether you play for Barcelona or Lamb and Flag FC. 

Explains the obsession with Speedos, innit?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Bang on! ;D

We had psychologically ruined them.

They were afraid, like condemned men on death row. They knew the execution was coming, so psychologically they were resigned to their fate.

As each goal went in they knew how this was going to end.

They were bewildered, fearful, fatalistic, and their heads were down.

We broke them

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
Bang on! ;D

I could not believe it myself that Barca - a top team allowed us to do that

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
I could not believe it myself that Barca - a top team allowed us to do that
To be fair, as has been mentioned, it very, very rarely happens. Trent was operating on another level at that moment.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
We had psychologically ruined them.

They were afraid, like condemned men on death row. They knew the execution was coming, so psychologically they were resigned to their fate.

As each goal went in they knew how this was going to end.

They were bewildered, fearful, fatalistic, and their heads were down.

We broke them

100%, Stussy. Not even Inter under Mourinho got them that low.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Explains the obsession with Speedos, innit?

That speaks for itself, my friend. No explanations needed.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
100%, Stussy. Not even Inter under Mourinho got them that low.

They had excuses, some mildly legitimate, when they lost to Inter.

They got shelled against us.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
They had excuses, some mildly legitimate, when they lost to Inter.

They got shelled against us.

"Messed up que un club"

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Remember Klopp saying at the start of the season we need to be like Rocky? Turns out it applied more to the Champions League than the league

Get clobbered at the start (in this case the first leg), have all the odds stacked against you, and you come back and win anyway. Classic Rocky.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."