Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: The Golf Thread
« Last post by paulrazor on Today at 08:05:47 am »
into 4/1 for the masters

favorite, not hard to see why.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Those chants
« Last post by jillcwhomever on Today at 08:04:11 am »
Saying we stopped the chanting after Hillsborough is incorrect and feeds into more of this shite. It stopped early 1988 after a match between liverpool and man utd when the echo and MEN came together to stop the shankly and Munich chants. It started getting booed from then on and stopped pretty soon after. Still sang it in pubs and shouts at games but the crowd as a whole stopped a long time ago. Fuck all to do with Hillsborough.

I heard it once coming back from the Worthington Cup Final on the train in 2001, again it was only a few people not the entire train. Perhaps like then it's young lads trying to seem harder than they are, but it needs wiping out.
I thought Obama was seen as one of the good guys?

“Hates everyone and everything” :D
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Saltashscouse on Today at 07:49:26 am »
Connections
Puzzle #282
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 07:49:00 am »
I don't follow this issue closely at all - I just want the bastards to get flushed asap - so apologies for a dumb question:

could part of the PL's waffling and faffing about on how to deal with the Bitters be related to the EFL saying to them behind the scenes "don't dump that effing mess on us you bastards - you let them piss around for years, so deal with it in your own house!" ?

No, the only reason they're doing anything is to try and show the PL can regulate themselves and don't need independent regulation.

They let Everton take the piss for years and signed off on fraudulent accounts, the PL were entirely complicit in this.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Those chants
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 07:41:12 am »
It’s hard to stop and there will be often isolated incidents. Hopefully the less there is the easier it will be for the police to get on top of it.

Those on our side who do it should know better. They may as well join in on the Hillsborough chants as their actions just lead to the idiots on the other side to believe that it’s ok.

However some of the justification and whataboutery from their side is amazing. One person on Twitter claimed that we had a history of pro IRA chants which was news to me.

I’m sure that we have bellends too but all we can do is to continually call them out. Anyone who gets involved deserves to be arrested as they are basically pissing on the graves of the 97. Don’t use anyone’s grief to be a subject or ridicule, banter or taunting. It’s vile and disgusting and the club has continually reminded people not to participate.

As for the United fans, it seems that hatred of scouse bastards is totally acceptable which is strange in 2024.

United fans just love all this crap, that's the difference. They love the vile chants, they love the whataboutery, they love being as unpleasant and hateful as possible, they love goading people into a reaction. It's how they support, especially against a hated rival. So it's pointless getting into it with them because you'll never win.

Have we got some pondlife who follow us? Of course and they can be vile too - get them gone by all means. But as a general fan culture our fans just want to go and support their team, it's chalk and cheese. Where we as bad as them in the 80s? Probably. But it's 2024, they've not moved on.
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by gazzam1963 on Today at 07:39:33 am »
Wordle 1,004 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by RedG13 on Today at 07:35:12 am »
You sub him off and we lose and people complain why are we subbing one of two best goal threats. Also loads of our lads looked knackered in extra time you can't sub them all. Managers can't win sometimes.
Also the 2 options where McConnell and Danns. So either Elliott back as a forward or Danns who they may be just playing it safe coming back from a concussion also.
I think Klopp wanted him on for Penalties also.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Last post by RedG13 on Today at 07:30:14 am »
I meant it's unlikely he'll get offered another extension at all if it's Edward/Hughes driving the decision, purely because of his age, wages and the amount of running he's done in his time here.

Hopefully he can stay fit in the run in now, having him stretching play down the left would be a big help in a lot of games.
I agree with that
I was never asked this question pre-takeover, weirdly.

What issues, pal? Your club and the rest of the cartel making the league blatantly uncompetitive for everyone else, I assume you’re referring to?

You just let me know if you need anymore rope.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10