Author Topic: Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers 30.1.2010  (Read 8215 times)

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers 30.1.2010
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:06:55 pm »
V

Bolton Wanderers

Major Honours
FA Cup Winners: 1923, 1926, 1929, 1958
Runner up: 1894, 1904, 1953
Division One Champions: 1997
Division Two Champions: 1909, 1978
Division Three Champions: 1973
Division One Play-off winners: 1995, 2001
League Cup Runner up: 1995, 2004

Well we've gone past the halfway mark in the season, and its been topsy-turvy to say the least.
Nobody could have predicted how this season has gone, not just for us but for everyone.

Out of the title race.
Struggling to make fourth?

Our opponents this weekend are Bolton, who themselves have had their critics; have recently had a change of manager who has given them a breath of life in an otherwise, miserable season. With good performances against Arsenal, and a win against north-west neighbours Burnley, things are looking up for Bolton.
As for us? Things are not looking as bad as they were. Good performances against Stoke and Tottenham, and a good result against the latter, it looked like we turned a corner. However after Tuesday it seems were up to our old tricks. Nevertheless, unbeaten in our last four league games; we've hit a bit of 'form'. 3 points on Saturday would put us back on track for Champions League qualification so lets hope for the best.

Many thanks to those who answered the questions on the Bolton forums 'the-wanderer.co.uk' and 'boltonbanter.com'.

Enjoy.

What are your feelings on the season so far?

Lord Kangana: Owen Coyle
Sprout: It's not the position, it's the lack of hope that something will improve.  Actually, with Coyle now in charge, hope is what we now have.  It's too soon for anything more but it's a big step up from before Christmas.
Worthy4England: I'll forget the first half of it and look forward to the second half.
tony cunninghams willy: Coming to terms with the First Division again. Frank Worthington is on fire and is bound to win the Golden Boot

Are you confident you can escape relegation?

H.Pedersen: Honestly, I'm not entirely confident. It doesn't look like we'll be making any big moves in this window
and I'm not sure our back line is strong enough, despite Megson spending £8 million there this summer.
tony cunninghams willy: Absolutely. Ian Greaves is working wonders and Worthington and Gowling's goals will be enough to secure safety
TKIZ!: Yes

You've recently had a change in manager. Firstly, what was the problem with the old manager and what do you make of the new man in the job?

tony cunninghams willy: What are you on about? Ian Greaves will be here for years to come.
Worthy4England: Negative football, no rapport with the supporters, some mystifying team picks in games we needed to win at home. New man - still wait and see for me.
le god: a)he was shit
            b)he's great

What do you make of whats happenings at Liverpool this season?

tony cunninghams willy: Excellent, looking like you could win lots of silverware.
TKIZ!: Slightly embarrassed for you, you have a good couple of players but Rafa likes signing mediocre ones
TANGODANCER: A lot of digruntled Scousers? We've been telling you about "Benitez Adoremus" for long enough.
as: You sold your soul to the yankee devil, and now you're in danger of being an also-ran. If you didn't have so many glory-hunting fans I'd have sympathy

Best player(s) this season?

tony cunninghams willy: Frank Worthington
H. Pedersen: Cahill is our leading scorer, but given the lack of clean sheets I can't in good conscience name a central defender. I'll have to go with Klasnic. Lee Chung-Yong has been the surprise of the season.
hallz: Klasnic for his goals if not necessarily his work ethic. SKD always gives his all and Lee has promising spells. Gary Cahill continues to impress.
ohhsammysammy: Gary Cahill even though he has been shaky in some games. Ivan Klasnic is our other star of the season.

Any particularly bad player(s) this season?

melbourne dave: Zat Knight, McCann
Catte Strophe: McCann
Worthy4England: Knight's had a bit of a mare, but seems to have more confidence with Coyle in charge. Don't think Rickett's has offered us much defensively. Taylor isn't pulling his weight either

Any highlights from previous meetings between the two clubs?

David Lee's Hair: I'll always remember the League Cup final as a memorable moment as it was at the beginning of our rise to prominence so to speak, and the FA Cup 3rd Round replay at Anfield when David Lee tore you apart.
Verbal: Beating your lot 3-2 in the Carling Cup, at Anfield. Last minute penalty from Youri, yes.
Harry Genshaw: Sorry to go on about it but the 2 cup games in 1993 defined a turning point in our history.  The 1995 League Cup Final was a great day out too, pity for us it had to be one of those occasions when McManaman played to his full potential.
as: Campo's header, Speedo's free kick, Stevie 'I don't dive' Gerrard stamping on Nolan

If you could recommend one player from your team to join our club, who would it be?

David Lee's Hair: I'd rather you had none of them.... but probably Cahill. Carragher has gone and I'm not convinced by any other defender you have being any good.
mofgimmers: I'd recommend you take Gavin McCann for £20million.
le god: Urm none of them would get in your team;
hallz: Cahill has genuine top 4 credentials. If i was to be facetious, I would suggest that youre no longer a top 4 club and then the answer would be Shittu!

Vice-versa, what player would you want from our team?

Lord Kangana: The press . F*ck me, you've been over-rated for years.
Bigzippy: Whos the blonde lad that plays upfront?
hallz: Want - Torres.
Want with a sense of reality - Hmmm just looked at your squad list and for the first time in as long as i can remember I cant see many there that inspire me to "want" them. Don't know if you have an up and coming creative midfielder that may welcome a loan move?
H. Pedersen: Gerrard, duh.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

TANGODANCER: "Owen Coyle". No explanation needed.
tony cunninghams willy: You're going home in a St Johns Ambulance
Sprout: "I've Got Chickens" is my fave for the surrealism but you can't beat the sheer force of "we're the one and only wanderers" when it gets going.
Harry Genshaw: "We've got chickens in our back yard and we feed them Indian corn"  used to be sung at Burnden in the 70's.  No, I don't know either.

Where do you think both clubs will finish at the end of the season?

Worthy4England: 16th and 5th - I'll leave you to guess which way round.
as: You - top 6
Us - bottom 6
pfk505: You: 5th Us: 17th
Billy Bradshaw: Liverpool - 6th -- Bolton 14th/15th.

How do you think you'll set up against us?

tony cunninghams willy: Roy Greaves will man mark Jimmy Case out of the game. Willie Morgan will run rings round Alan Kennedy and Frank Worthington will make mincemeat of Alan Hansen.
mofgimmers: We'll no doubt try to hit you on the break.
le god: 4-5-1
Sprout: I've not seen enough of Coyle's style to know.  We won't sit back and soak it up though.

Score predictions?

TANGODANCER:
3-1 to us.
Sprout: Very, very difficult.  Too many unknowns on both sides.  A good Liverpool will beat any Bolton.  A good Bolton could beat a bad Liverpool.  The problem for both sets of fans at the moment is neither of us know what to expect from our own team.
Worthy4England: 3-1 to Liverpool
David Lee's Hair: Close with possibly one side edging it late as neither team know how to defend
melbourne dave: 3-1 scousers way.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers 30.1.2010
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:20:26 pm »
Thanks Conor there are some very surreal answers in there!

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:05 pm »
What a bunch of typical bellend bolton tits
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:39 pm »
Anyone else think the Bolton crest looks like a couple of sperm?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 07:38:48 pm »
Bolton hey, scuzzhole, full of small time gobshites. Lived up to their classy rep.

Offline 4footballsake

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:22 pm »
"The problem for both sets of fans at the moment is neither of us know what to expect from our own team."

Spot on.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »

They don't like us much eh? ;D

Nice one Conor.

87:13

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:17:01 pm »
Good read, some great answers, some sarcy answers.
Seem like good enough lads though and yeah, that is spot on about not knowing what to expect from our teams.
Cheers for taking the time to do that conor!

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:42 pm »
Cheers for the effort.

Cocks to a man them.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »
Cheers Conor.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 09:18:53 pm »
Thanks for the effore Connor

To the bolton lads......if you're reading .....get your tongue out of your sisters arse you inbred twats
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:27 pm »
Vice-versa, what player would you want from our team?
Lord Kangana: The press. F*ck me, you've been over-rated for years.

Yeah, the media just LOVE us. ::)

Score predictions?
Sprout: Very, very difficult.  Too many unknowns on both sides.  A good Liverpool will beat any Bolton.  A good Bolton could beat a bad Liverpool.  The problem for both sets of fans at the moment is neither of us know what to expect from our own team.

Sums things up pretty well.

Thanks for posting - some very bizarre answers all in all, what a strange bunch.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »
Some bizzare answers there. If Rafa reads this he might start using them in his post match interviews. I can just see it now....

Media: "What did you think of your teams performance Rafa?"

Rafa: "We've got chickens in our backyard and we feed them Indian corn!!"

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:29 pm »
Haha...that was stupid.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 01:00:25 am »
erm.. yeah. thanks for the effort there Connor. Not quite sure what to make of some of the answers there.. downright bizzarre some of them!! definitely the oddest Spying Kop of the season so far!

Owen Coyle.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:18 am »
Thanks for that Conor, but fuck me, you had to put up with some right weirdos there. They almost make Mancs look coherent and articulate.

I've got a mate who's a Bolton fan who's a sound lad and knows his football, but I'm just confused by this lot (I know, doesn't take much...)

Hopefully we can batter them by a good few goals on Saturday. I do like Coyle though, cracking manager.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 07:52:29 am »
nice one to make the effort connor but there is some shit in there. a couple of decent replies but wtf. are they all inbred? not a top 4 team?  lets wait and see when we actually have a fully fit team where it all ends.should still twat these gobshites :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:52 am »
Couple of those replies just make me want us to twat them even more, and will make it all the sweeter when we do.  :no
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 08:01:36 am »
are they all inbred? not a top 4 team?
Don't think any other team's fans see us finishing in the top 4 , think most Spyin' Kop's have been the same for a while ......... Yes they are inbreds .

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 08:25:44 am »
Cheers Conor for the effort. Bizarre...

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:33 am »
Thanks Conor.

They come across as.. uhm, well.. an odd lot.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 09:43:25 am »
What a bunch of typical bellend bolton tits
Cheers ConorYNWA, good work.
Pity you had to encounter what blert said.

I really hope we batter them bastards, and they go down.

Offline tadders

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 09:48:25 am »
Couple of those replies just make me want us to twat them even more, and will make it all the sweeter when we do.  :no

I think we have to redefine the definition of 'twat them' to be something like

We will put as many defensive players of the pitch, stifle the entire game, hoof the ball up front and hope that we get a lucky rebound and scrape it 1-0
Pick your best players in the same formation and pass to a red shirt - 18 League titles.
Rotation, resting, zonal marking, dropping off, high tempo,  holding midfielders - ?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 10:38:29 am »
Good job, shame about the answers. That Frank Worthington thing wasn't funny the first time.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:34 am »
Thanks for that Conor, but fuck me, you had to put up with some right weirdos there. They almost make Mancs look coherent and articulate.

Bear in mind mate that Bolton is in Greater Manchester ( think) and as such that makes em half breeds no?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:16 am »
Some bad blerts on there.

Typical died blonde fringed, greasy-faced, inbred tits.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 10:52:47 am »
Rafa is looking at video's of Bolton as we speak and is planning how to stop them..

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »
Seems they expect a tonking, lets not disappoint them.
Doubters to Believers

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »
fucking nobheads the lot of them

Offline bwfcdan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:08 pm »
Deary me your a miserable lot... It's called taking the piss...
We keep chickens in our back yard, we feed them on indian corn!!

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 01:21:15 pm »
Rafa is looking at video's of Bolton as we speak and is planning how to stop them..

what the fuck has that post got to do with this thread? Can't you stop being such a negative twat for just 1 second of your life?
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »
That Lord Kangana makes me think of the Matt Damon puppet in Team America.
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off