Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2766638 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #50400 on: December 20, 2018, 04:38:43 pm »
With the 32nd pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the six time Super Bowl winners the New England Patriots select, A.J Brown, wide receiver Mississippi.

:)

With an obvious high draft position I'd like to see the 49ers go for Dexter Lawrence.  6'5" 350lbs Defensive tackle and a bit of beast by all accounts.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50401 on: December 20, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »
:)

With an obvious high draft position I'd like to see the 49ers go for Dexter Lawrence.  6'5" 350lbs Defensive tackle and a bit of beast by all accounts.
They should target Quinnen Williams, defensive tackle, Alabama.

Aside from Bosa he is the most NFL ready player in this years draft.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50402 on: December 20, 2018, 05:12:51 pm »
DT is the deepest position in this years draft.

9 or 10 will get drafted in the first round, 5/6 of whom will go in the first 15 picks.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #50403 on: December 20, 2018, 05:34:27 pm »
Josh Gordon is having some time away. However long that is.

Clearly one seriously mixed up bloke. I hope he manages to get himself sorted out. 
Real shame for him and us
YNWA

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50404 on: December 20, 2018, 05:47:15 pm »
Real shame for him and us
We will still win the Super Bowl!  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50405 on: December 20, 2018, 05:59:16 pm »
They should target Quinnen Williams, defensive tackle, Alabama.

Aside from Bosa he is the most NFL ready player in this years draft.

If you're reading the 2019 prospect list from top downwards yes

Don't be surprised to see Lawrence go a lot earlier than predicted.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50406 on: December 20, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »
Schefter intimating that whatever this violation of Gordon's previous suspension is, may lead to him announcing his retirement at the end of the season, which suggests that whatever it is, is serious shit.
I don't necessarily think he's done anything worse than before. It's just that (allegedly) he's done drugs AGAIN. The guy's addicted. I don't think he's ever hurt/abused anyone else. He just keeps abusing HIMSELF - taking drugs since 12 years old! Supposedly started because of anxiety issues.

It's a shame. So talented. I hope he gets well. Football comes 2nd.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:08:32 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50407 on: December 20, 2018, 09:06:25 pm »
If you're reading the 2019 prospect list from top downwards yes

Don't be surprised to see Lawrence go a lot earlier than predicted.
Is wrong Pete!

I watch more college football than NFL so I have a very informed opinion  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50408 on: December 21, 2018, 12:12:40 am »
Is wrong Pete!

I watch more college football than NFL so I have a very informed opinion  ;D

Yeah only joking Trev

Your obviously much more informed than me.

Always been into NFL but taking it much more seriously of late.  Loving it. :)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50409 on: December 21, 2018, 12:38:14 am »
I don't necessarily think he's done anything worse than before. It's just that (allegedly) he's done drugs AGAIN. The guy's addicted. I don't think he's ever hurt/abused anyone else. He just keeps abusing HIMSELF - taking drugs since 12 years old! Supposedly started because of anxiety issues.

It's a shame. So talented. I hope he gets well. Football comes 2nd.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25580285/new-england-patriots-receiver-josh-gordon-says-stepping-away-focus-mental-health

yeah he wasn't stepping away - the decision was made for him. Unfortunately he's one of those guys that just can't beat the addiction - at least right now.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50410 on: December 21, 2018, 09:13:19 am »
Yeah only joking Trev

Your obviously much more informed than me.

Always been into NFL but taking it much more seriously of late.  Loving it. :)
It’s a great game and it’s also very good to see the ever increasing interest it pulls in!  :thumbup

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50411 on: December 21, 2018, 12:48:57 pm »
With the 32nd pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the six time Super Bowl winners the New England Patriots select, A.J Brown, wide receiver Mississippi.

What are they going to offer the Raiders to make them give up the Bears' first round pick though?  ;)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50412 on: December 21, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »
What are they going to offer the Raiders to make them give up the Bears' first round pick though?  ;)
The New England Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl  ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50413 on: December 21, 2018, 02:12:33 pm »
The Christmas Eve game is broncos vs raiders. Not sure what anyone did to deserve that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #50414 on: December 21, 2018, 02:23:38 pm »
The Christmas Eve game is broncos vs raiders. Not sure what anyone did to deserve that.

Voted in Trump.  We all get a lump of coal.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50415 on: December 21, 2018, 02:34:05 pm »
This is true love you big majority of the NFL audience loves Trump

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #50416 on: December 21, 2018, 02:39:01 pm »
The New England Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl  ;D

I know you should never write off the Patriots but I am going to write off the Patriots.

As I said last week they are atrocious on the road and they're going to have to beat at least one good team on the road to get to the Superbowl, therefore they won't get there.

Feel free to quote this and make me look stupid on February 4th.
;D ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50417 on: December 21, 2018, 02:42:22 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what do fans of the team do when a franchise relocates like the Raiders are or like the Chargers and Rams have recently? Do they just jib off the NFL? Or do some carry on supporting?

And likewise, do residents of the place the franchise moves to just run with it and start supporting them?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:44:02 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50418 on: December 21, 2018, 02:45:17 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what do fans of the team do when a franchise relocates like the Raiders are or like the Rams have recently? Do they just jib off the NFL? Or do some carry on supporting?

And likewise, do residents of the place the franchise moves to just run with it and start supporting them?

My mate is from St Louis, and he's grown up supporting the Rams whilst they were in St Louis [Rams left LA in '94  and moved to St Louis], but he's continued to support them no that they're in LA.

I imagine if you've supported all of your life you will continue to do so. [see Chargers who were in San Diego since 1961]

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #50419 on: December 21, 2018, 02:58:45 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what do fans of the team do when a franchise relocates like the Raiders are or like the Chargers and Rams have recently? Do they just jib off the NFL? Or do some carry on supporting?

I've been a Rams fan since they were in St Louis but I'm UK based so it's obviously very different for me as it doesn't make much difference at all where the team play.

However the strangest thing for me is the fact the relocation has coincided with us actually playing some good football. I started supporting the Rams in 2008 and didn't know a winning season until last year. We had Fisher in charge, were mainly always bottom in a very strong NFC West and were not an attractive proposition to support. In fact I remember going to the 2012 international series in my Rams jersey and this American couple were trying to get selfies with fans in all 32 different jerseys and they tracked me down and specifically said 'wow, you're the final one we had to get, I didn't think we'd stand any chance of getting a Rams fan in the UK' 

Now they're the LA Rams which already sounds more exciting, we have an awesome young, exciting coach and household name players; Donald, Gurley, Goff playing some of the best football in the league. So in a way it does feel like i support a new team even though it shouldn't

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50420 on: December 21, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »
By the way, I hope you guys are all ready for the Nick Foles playoff run after he sees off the Texans this weekend.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50421 on: December 21, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »
Image being a lifelong Raiders fan and your team suddenly decides to move 600 miles away.

Its a bit mad like.  And we think we are hard done by as footy fans.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50422 on: December 21, 2018, 03:16:27 pm »
I know you should never write off the Patriots but I am going to write off the Patriots.

As I said last week they are atrocious on the road and they're going to have to beat at least one good team on the road to get to the Superbowl, therefore they won't get there.

Feel free to quote this and make me look stupid on February 4th.
;D ;D
Yes but this is the pre-season. When the regular season gets underway the Patriots will beat anyone on the road in the American Football Conference.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50423 on: December 21, 2018, 03:16:28 pm »
By the way, I hope you guys are all ready for the Nick Foles playoff run after he sees off the Texans this weekend.

Bloody hell you've changed your tune :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50424 on: December 21, 2018, 03:20:08 pm »
Bloody hell you've changed your tune :)

I really thought our season was over after the loss to Dallas but then we beat the Rams on the road and the Cowboys get shut out by the Colts and suddenly it's back on. The Vikings have a couple of tough divisional games to finish the season as well so think we can still beat them to the 6th seed.

If we do scrape in then no one is going to want the Foles led Superbowl Champs coming to town. ;D

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50425 on: December 21, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »
Foles > Wentz.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50426 on: December 21, 2018, 03:27:48 pm »
Foles > Wentz.

Foles > Brady+Rodgers+Brees+Manning+Wilson

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50427 on: December 21, 2018, 03:30:07 pm »
Image being a lifelong Raiders fan and your team suddenly decides to move 600 miles away.

This is what I'm getting at. The only thing I can relate it to with football is Wimbledon, and I know 99% of their fans fucked them off straight away.

I also don't get how residents of Las Vegas will now just suddenly start supporting the Raiders. Fair enough you can say you're a fan, but there is no way the passion and commitment can be there in the way that is when supporting a club from childhood. You might go to games but you cannot be affected by the results or performance? At least not for a while anyway. I guess the affinity may grow. Probably when they decide to move somewhere else!

My mate is from St Louis, and he's grown up supporting the Rams whilst they were in St Louis [Rams left LA in '94  and moved to St Louis], but he's continued to support them no that they're in LA.

I imagine if you've supported all of your life you will continue to do so. [see Chargers who were in San Diego since 1961]

If it was me I think it would depend on the circumstances of the move. If the owners have just uprooted for more money or a free stadium then I don't think I would be able to carry on supporting them. If they genuinely had to move to stay afloat, or if the City they were in were messing them about, I may be willing to stick with it.

Knowing how attached I am to Liverpool, it saddens me just thinking about someone who is a lifelong fan of a club having that taken away from them. What the hell would you do with your weekends? Speak to people?!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:33:22 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50428 on: December 21, 2018, 03:35:38 pm »
The raiders have a lot of support throughout all of California and Nevada any I think.

The chargers still apparently get higher TV ratings in San Diego than any other team by a distance.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50429 on: December 21, 2018, 03:39:14 pm »
The Chargers move is a funny one cos they have literally no fans in LA and no stadium now so that move seems to have been a disaster.

Their 11-3 record is really impressive cos they've essentially not had a home game all season.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50430 on: December 21, 2018, 03:43:05 pm »
The Chargers move is a funny one cos they have literally no fans in LA and no stadium now so that move seems to have been a disaster.

Their 11-3 record is really impressive cos they've essentially not had a home game all season.

Yeah Osi and Jason on BBC reckon every game has been like an away game and for some reason it has just worked for them and their style of play :)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50431 on: December 21, 2018, 03:44:15 pm »

They're really fortunate (or smart) that they started being good after moving, had they had a couple of losing seasons it'd be a financial disaster, this way they'll attract fans soon enough, even more so if they manage to outdo the Rams in the playoffs.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50432 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:29 pm »
I'm not sure about that,especially not in the short term. The rams have proper history in LA that the chargers don't have barring about 2 years back in the 60s.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50433 on: December 21, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »

unless it’s a browns to Baltimore to become the ravens type situation, sonics going to okc another us sports example. Those ones are more like Wimbledon going to MK tho

you should talk to a Brooklyn dodgers fan ;)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50434 on: December 21, 2018, 10:37:40 pm »
unless it’s a browns to Baltimore to become the ravens type situation, sonics going to okc another us sports example. Those ones are more like Wimbledon going to MK tho

Not many follow the Colts in Baltimore given the way they left, kind of ironic the Ravens moved to Baltimore in a similar fashion[well without the midnight departure anyway].
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50435 on: December 22, 2018, 03:29:09 am »

The situation they have had in the NHL over the years is fairly crazy too, mostly due to them trying to push hockey further south in many cases:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_and_relocated_National_Hockey_League_teams#/media/File:Nhl_relocation_map_1495x1155.png

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50436 on: December 22, 2018, 08:55:23 am »
Raiders have been trying to get the stadium upgraded, or demolished & rebuilt ever since they moved back to Oakland without success, the Coliseum is one of the worst stadiums in pro sports, i think the raw sewage leak a few years ago was the final straw, apparently the As owner wanted to go to dinner in one of the restaurants at the stadium, only to find out that food service had been halted due to a sewage leak in the kitchen, & there wasn't an event taking place as the As were on the Road, can see why the Raiders want A new stadium but it wasn't going to be built anytime soon in Oakland.
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50437 on: December 22, 2018, 10:30:57 am »
the whole thing of billionaire owners wanting a city to spend public money on a new stadium for them is pretty distateful in the NFL to be honest.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50438 on: December 22, 2018, 01:11:59 pm »
the whole thing of billionaire owners wanting a city to spend public money on a new stadium for them is pretty distateful in the NFL to be honest.

especially distasteful when they cook all the figures to pretend it will be a huge economic boon to the area - when in reality it does more or less nothing apart from line the owners pockets.

$40-45 to PARK the car at the Redskins shithole of a stadium.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #50439 on: December 22, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »
especially distasteful when they cook all the figures to pretend it will be a huge economic boon to the area - when in reality it does more or less nothing apart from line the owners pockets.

And is likely only used for 8 weeks from September to December