Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 663213 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6600 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:52 pm »
I might be?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6601 on: June 20, 2020, 10:52:13 pm »
Anyone watching this?

Just switched it on cheers for the heads up!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6602 on: June 20, 2020, 10:56:02 pm »
Maupay was a very good signing for Brighton. Liked the look of him in the Championship. Think he's one of only a few players worth looking at from any of these clubs facing relegation
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6603 on: June 20, 2020, 10:56:02 pm »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6604 on: June 20, 2020, 11:02:20 pm »
Maupay was a very good signing for Brighton. Liked the look of him in the Championship. Think he's one of only a few players worth looking at from any of these clubs facing relegation

Loved his little comment there about Guendouzi's lack of "humility".  :D But to be fair I can understand why the Arsenal players wanted to beat his arse at the end there. Injures their goalie only to score an injury time winner. (I know he didn't injure Leno on purpose but still...)

On another note, can I just say how pleased I am to see the players celebrating goals together. Socially distant celebrations like elbow bumps are a bit sad. Bring on the man love tomorrow at Goodison!

Raul Jimenez looks like the quintessential Real Madrid player. Would be surprised if Wolves holds onto him for another season.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:05:27 pm by Morgana »

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #6605 on: June 20, 2020, 11:16:34 pm »
Rodgers always looks like the most dehydrated man in the world.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #6606 on: June 20, 2020, 11:47:21 pm »
just watched the second penalty given for utd last night, moss was looking right at it don't know how he gives that

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6607 on: June 20, 2020, 11:54:30 pm »
just watched the second penalty given for utd last night, moss was looking right at it don't know how he gives that

Where’s Andy to explain why?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6608 on: June 21, 2020, 12:30:03 am »
Love that Jimenez, with 14 goals, has broken the record for the most premier league goals for Wolves (they have had 5 years in the PL). Shame about John Richards, Derek Dougan, Bobby Gould, Hugh Curran, Kenny Hibbert, Ray Crawford, Dennis Westcott and 11 others since 1945 who have bettered that and have been airbrushed from history (Steve Bull never managed his goals in the top flight)

Cue Liverpool's first ever title

#footballexistedbefore1992
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:47:33 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #6609 on: June 21, 2020, 12:35:36 am »
Ian "they've got to play better than that" Wright and Alan "he's got to save that/score that" Shearer were on top form.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #6610 on: June 21, 2020, 02:13:14 am »
Where’s Andy to explain why?
I  miss Andy

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #6611 on: June 21, 2020, 02:27:20 am »
love that wolves won today, playing proper football and a class manager

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #6612 on: June 21, 2020, 02:41:18 am »
Love that Jimenez, with 14 goals, has broken the record for the most premier league goals for Wolves (they have had 5 years in the PL). Shame about John Richards, Derek Dougan, Bobby Gould, Hugh Curran, Kenny Hibbert, Ray Crawford, Dennis Westcott and 11 others since 1945 who have bettered that and have been airbrushed from history (Steve Bull never managed his goals in the top flight)

Cue Liverpool's first ever title

#footballexistedbefore1992
This, the problem I have with this is that these people, leineker etc. should know better they are around long enough to know, but didn't even acknowledge past achievements. I don't mean to dilute wolves achievements at the moment by the way I think they are a fantastic team

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6613 on: June 27, 2020, 01:06:17 am »
Be worth watching next season if only for the intro, with Hendo lifting the trophy. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6614 on: July 4, 2020, 11:39:45 pm »
Watching tonight’s highlights really brought home the fact that many PL teams/players did not come out of lockdown in the best shape.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #6615 on: July 5, 2020, 10:34:35 pm »
Micah Richards. There is no escape

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6616 on: July 5, 2020, 10:36:46 pm »
He's on TV and Radio, basically evrey outlet that covers Premier League footie.  ;D

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6617 on: July 5, 2020, 10:38:59 pm »
He's the new Robbie Savage fuck me I think he's on all 900 channels on sky  :o

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6618 on: July 5, 2020, 10:45:36 pm »
Commentator trying to find some contact between Naby and their diver. Its truly embarrassing how some of these players act.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6619 on: July 5, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »
Micah Richards is the new benchmark for shit pundits.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6620 on: July 5, 2020, 10:54:36 pm »
I never thought I'd say this but I think Micah Richards has overtaken Jermaine Jenas for being the most bland and annoying and everywhere you turn pundit around. Do they share an agent by any chance?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6621 on: July 5, 2020, 11:21:53 pm »
Not happy, was looking forward to seeing Hasenhüttl in his gloves, very disappointed. Strange he wasn't wearing them considering, how appropriate they are in the current climate.
 :(

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6622 on: July 5, 2020, 11:23:54 pm »
"A couple of times, Joe Hart bailed me out many times"

Why cant we just have a program with Gabby?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6623 on: July 5, 2020, 11:32:54 pm »
Commentator trying to find some contact between Naby and their diver. Its truly embarrassing how some of these players act.

The Villa player clearly cheated.....yet somehow a Liverpool player might have touched himfor some reason. Free pass given to a cheat and even worse, a feeble attempt to justify it.
 ::)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6624 on: July 8, 2020, 11:41:48 pm »
Why on earth have Newcastle got a black away kit? Bonkers.

Nice that the City crowd are trying to lift their players after the Premier League disappointment. Liveliest they've sounded all season.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6625 on: July 12, 2020, 12:12:18 am »
Crowd noise is irritating but having booing as well, no need.

Norwich got booed off on TV after they were relegated, I doubt even their fans would have done that in reality.

I can think of only one ground where not having the sound of booing would be incongruous
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6626 on: July 12, 2020, 12:50:12 am »
They said they were going to look at our pen, but didn't have time. They all said it was a pen.

So, basically they could have made time for it, as it was the most contentious thing of our game and should have given us a win. Bit of a worrying trend, to be honest. Since the restart, we've been getting fucked every which way, as VAR and the refs have a bit of a day off in our games. That better not continue on into next season as a way to cool our jets and make the league closer, and thus more interesting to the neutral, because the way its going, we're going to absolutely spank the fuck out of it again next season.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6627 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:43 am »
It is going to continue into the next year, you can count on it. ‘Support the underdog’ screenplay will be written by referees every week. Our main players are already labeled as cheats, so don’t expect penalties.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: July 12, 2020, 11:53:45 am »
It is going to continue into the next year, you can count on it. ‘Support the underdog’ screenplay will be written by referees every week. Our main players are already labeled as cheats, so don’t expect penalties.

I agree. They wont want a repeat of this year, that's for sure.  They'll do their best to fuck us over every which way they can.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6629 on: July 12, 2020, 12:14:11 pm »
We’ll see I guess.

There’s no doubt the further ahead we’ve been, the more refs seem to be of the mind ‘they don’t need penalties so we won’t give them any’. I’ll take that every season if we’re this far ahead. If it starts costing us important games next season then we really need to be less nice as a club and start calling it out.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6630 on: July 12, 2020, 11:13:54 pm »
Not a word about Grealish diving. I'm so shocked.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: July 12, 2020, 11:15:06 pm »

It's always the same when it comes to the English lads. They never got called out for their persistent diving.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6632 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:00 pm »
Absolutely mad how Leicester lost their heads there. They'll be desperate for city's ban to be upheld
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6633 on: July 13, 2020, 10:58:00 am »

Anything said about how that overturned penalty was remarkably similar to the one United got given?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6634 on: July 23, 2020, 12:25:35 am »
See Chelsea played well tonight, that other team they were playing weren't bad.

BTW Who calculated the expected goals, Roman Abrahamovitch? 1.2 odd vs 2.5 was ridiculous.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6635 on: July 23, 2020, 09:34:53 am »
See Chelsea played well tonight, that other team they were playing weren't bad.

BTW Who calculated the expected goals, Roman Abrahamovitch? 1.2 odd vs 2.5 was ridiculous.

https://understat.com/match/12006

The Giroud and Abraham goals had very high xG

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #6636 on: July 26, 2020, 11:00:42 pm »
The two penalties in the Arsenal Watford game were interesting to say the least.

Arsenal's was given for I guess the fact that the defender barged Lacazette in the air, so ok, probably.
Then Watford's was after the forward played the shot and was kicked afterwards again ok, just about.

Then, next game, you watch Baines take out a Bournemouth player after connecting with the ball first, scissoring him and nothing...... the old adage "he gets the ball first" was used...

They really have to sort out VAR next year, its so inconsistently applied, if you play through the player after the ball is it a pen?

If the Ars-wat game is the standard for penalties then we have been short changed this season by about 15 pens at a minimum, its just woefully inconsistent. Even looking at last week and Mo being body checked, its maddening.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6637 on: July 26, 2020, 11:05:06 pm »
We have two in the mix for goal of the season here. Need to be in agreement who we vote for. :D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6638 on: July 26, 2020, 11:08:50 pm »
KDB will be crying if he don’t win.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6639 on: July 26, 2020, 11:11:14 pm »
Can't believe Jordan Ayew vs. West Ham isn't included in the Goal of the Season nominees there, my personal goal of the season by a country mile.