Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly Q&A  (Read 298219 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Spirit of Shankly Q&A
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2010, 08:15:29 am »
I've got a question Graham, How many people who are regular matchgoers/seasies would it take for SOS to reconsider there stance on a match boycott of say just a stand or a block?

It has to be recognised that any boycott comes from the mmebers not the Management Committee.

My personal opinion is you'd need maybe 10 or 15% of the ground to be involved to even start to make a difference. And that would have to be at a game that it could be identified as a boycott, not a choice due to the fixture.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i joined about a month ago in the wake of Rafa getting the boot and bringing mme to boiling point but are you meant to get a pack or something in the post? Ive got nothing to prove im a member other than recieving a few emails from SOS from time to time.

Cheers
Football is a lie

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2010, 09:13:45 pm »
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i joined about a month ago in the wake of Rafa getting the boot and bringing mme to boiling point but are you meant to get a pack or something in the post? Ive got nothing to prove im a member other than recieving a few emails from SOS from time to time.

Cheers

You will receive a SOS badge and a SOS member card :)

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

Cheers

Badge and Card as said above. The e-mails show you are getting processed. Packs are sent out in monthly batches and usually take 4-6 weeks, but obviously the extra demand recently may stretch that a little.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2010, 10:56:12 pm »
Badge and Card as said above.
Still waiting for my badge :P ;) (yes, I've emailed. Twice :D )

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2010, 09:03:15 am »
Join yesterday  :)
YNWA

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 26, 2010, 06:56:06 pm »
Badge and Card as said above. The e-mails show you are getting processed. Packs are sent out in monthly batches and usually take 4-6 weeks, but obviously the extra demand recently may stretch that a little.

Yeah, i suspected yous had been quite busy recently. Cheers.
Football is a lie

Offline LCDP

• Still In The Closet.
  • Legacy Fan
  • in search of Narnia!
« Reply #287 on: June 30, 2010, 10:44:10 am »
Apologies if this has been asked before lads but Big Red Richie posted this as an idea with regards to the fans official shirt thread. What are the chances of this happening?
Obviously we can pin SOS badges to the shirt but with this it could provide a more permanent solution to those that would like to have it.

Any of the SOS heirarchy looking in ?  ?  ?

Here's an idea.   
Very much the same idea as the champions league starball patches that you can get added to a shirt in the clubshop( yeah, yeah, I know....pre buycott).

How about SOS getting something organised for someone to reproduce /manufacture their badge/logo in a cloth badge, with the glue/adhesive on the reverse so anyone who  wants an SOS badge added to this forthcoming shirt can purchse one and iron on/ heat treat it themselves, to the shirt.

I also think it may be a useful item for future purchase as well, as not everyone wants a full on SOS Tshirt, but something a little bit smaller or more subtle.

Come on guys, you know it makes sense.

Those of us old enough to remember having cloth Liverpool badges back in the day of the 1970s will get on to it straight away.    ala     LFC RULE OK  :thumbup

Oh. The memories.

Anyway.   Now back on topic.................. the shirt !
Join Betfair, enter this referral code: AQFHMVNPL and enjoy some free money, Simples!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 30, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before lads but Big Red Richie posted this as an idea with regards to the fans official shirt thread. What are the chances of this happening?
Obviously we can pin SOS badges to the shirt but with this it could provide a more permanent solution to those that would like to have it.

Needs to be put to Sam at marketing@spiritofshankly.com
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »
I sent off to become a member over a month ago not had my card,i have been put on the mailing list so i know things are in hand.what i would like is my  shankly top any chance i could have by the 4th ha ha,anyway lads i no your all running around trying to get it all done.by the way is the rally on the 4th disabled friendly i can walk but i would need a place to sit "i have a Foldaway Chair,if its a problem i will give it a miss as its a bit late in the day now to spring it on to the organizers all the very best and thanks to the members who have been in S O S from day one. :wave
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: July 1, 2010, 01:01:17 am »
I sent off to become a member over a month ago not had my card,i have been put on the mailing list so i know things are in hand.what i would like is my  shankly top any chance i could have by the 4th ha ha,anyway lads i no your all running around trying to get it all done.by the way is the rally on the 4th disabled friendly i can walk but i would need a place to sit "i have a Foldaway Chair,if its a problem i will give it a miss as its a bit late in the day now to spring it on to the organizers all the very best and thanks to the members who have been in S O S from day one. :wave

The main area is cobbled but email me at secretary@spiritofshankly.com and I'll box off somewhere decent for you.

Same goes for anyone else disabled or needing any specific needs. Everyone will be made welcome.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #291 on: July 1, 2010, 02:38:46 pm »
The main area is cobbled but email me at secretary@spiritofshankly.com and I'll box off somewhere decent for you.

Same goes for anyone else disabled or needing any specific needs. Everyone will be made welcome.

Thank you Graham i will email you
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #292 on: July 2, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »
Dunno if this is a Pi** Take but a poster on .tv asking for someone from SOS says he's got Info for you. Posters takin mick out of him somethin ruthless..

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=180998     ???

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: July 2, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »
Dunno if this is a Pi** Take but a poster on .tv asking for someone from SOS says he's got Info for you. Posters takin mick out of him somethin ruthless..

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=180998     ???

I don't post on there

secretary@spiritofshankly.com
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #294 on: July 2, 2010, 02:12:15 pm »
I don't post on there

secretary@spiritofshankly.com

Thanks Graham, someone over there has put him in contact with James Mckenna as far as I can tell.....

Offline saint1969

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: July 7, 2010, 01:37:22 pm »
IS there anyone organising things from Northern Ireland?
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: July 7, 2010, 02:01:52 pm »
IS there anyone organising things from Northern Ireland?

There's been some interest but nothing concrete yet.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: July 7, 2010, 11:04:23 pm »
Unless i've missed a trick, have SOS thought about having a members forum / discussion table / open talk tab on their website?

I recognise that SOS would not want to take people from other supporting forums and have limited time on their hands to manage such an idea, however could some of the good people help?

The reason i make the suggestion is because, all the SOS members are fragmented and have signed up through information given on the street, outside the ground, on other forums (such as this one) etc - to co-ordinate efforts would it not help to have a central point of conversation for the Union where everybody can discuss opportunities and generally get to know each other better building a real harmony amongst fellow members?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #298 on: July 7, 2010, 11:47:47 pm »
Unless i've missed a trick, have SOS thought about having a members forum / discussion table / open talk tab on their website?

I recognise that SOS would not want to take people from other supporting forums and have limited time on their hands to manage such an idea, however could some of the good people help?

The reason i make the suggestion is because, all the SOS members are fragmented and have signed up through information given on the street, outside the ground, on other forums (such as this one) etc - to co-ordinate efforts would it not help to have a central point of conversation for the Union where everybody can discuss opportunities and generally get to know each other better building a real harmony amongst fellow members?

Not everyone wants to use a forum. It would take massive amounts of time to moderate amongst other reasons. A webchat every now and again might be the best option, but would still require more time and revamp of website. We are working on the latter.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: July 8, 2010, 12:23:59 am »
Not everyone wants to use a forum. It would take massive amounts of time to moderate amongst other reasons. A webchat every now and again might be the best option, but would still require more time and revamp of website. We are working on the latter.

Thanks for the feedback Paul, as mentioned in my post i understand the difficulties you would encounter. I just felt a point of discussion with fellow members would stir up good motivation and ideas.

Should you require any help along the way, let me know. I'm an operations manager within an AV and IT company (thus computer literate) so should need any help, just let me know.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Rod118

• Main Stander
  • Join the Union - http://www.spiritofshankly.com/jo
    • Northern Ireland Branch - Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #300 on: July 9, 2010, 11:17:29 am »
Currently trying to start a Northern Ireland Branch - See below email from Peter Hooton to all NI Members: -

Dear Member, 

I am writing to you as we have been contacted by Rodney Doherty who is a fellow Northern Irish member who is keen to set up a Spirit of Shankly Northern Ireland branch.

He has been in touch with us and we are giving him as much backing and support that we can to make this a reality. He is based in Belfast (BT14) but the branch would be open to all in the BT postcodes (we have around 220 members covered in those areas).

We have not released any of your information to him but if you would like to email him at rodneydoherty@fastmail.fm you can confirm whether you would be keen to get involved.

Information about how branches work can be found at http://www.spiritofshankly.com/documents/LSU_Constitution.pdf (sections 5.9 to 5.45).

It would be brilliant if we could create a Northern Ireland branch as to do so will give you a greater say and involvement in Union affairs.

All the best

Peter Hooton,
UK Supporters' Liaison

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2010, 10:39:07 pm »
Is there any online version of the Credit union leaflet that has been produced recently?

Can't seem to find anything on the website.

Cheers

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »
Is there any online version of the Credit union leaflet that has been produced recently?

Can't seem to find anything on the website.

Cheers

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Spirit-Of-Shankly-_-Our-Independence-Day.html

Near the bottom
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:00 pm »
Nice one.

Offline YorkieT

• Main Stander
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2010, 08:32:32 pm »
Joined friday.. but haven't heard anything back yet like a membership number etc.

This normal?

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:17 pm »
Joined friday.. but haven't heard anything back yet like a membership number etc.

This normal?

Yep. Takes around 4-6 weeks usually for membership pack to arrive. You should have received paypal confirmation if you joined online.

You can check your membership number here http://www.spiritofshankly.com/whats-my-membership-number.html

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2010, 10:06:27 pm »
Got the membership pack today. Nice one lads.

Also - super work with the new line of Purslow questioning. Hope Lfc.tv don't drop the ball on it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2010, 05:15:00 pm »
any news on when t-shirts will be made available again?

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/t-shirts.html
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »

they don't do them in your size big man ;)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2010, 06:09:01 am »
they don't do them in your size big man ;)

well i've got your hand-me-downs :P

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »

may as well join in ;D

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2010, 12:03:15 pm »
I took a look at the SOS site and couldn't find anything on their views on staying at Anfield and regenerating it (which is my preference) or a new stadium.

What exactly is the SOS stance and if there is information on the official site, where is it exactly?

Cheers.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2010, 12:35:19 pm »
I took a look at the SOS site and couldn't find anything on their views on staying at Anfield and regenerating it (which is my preference) or a new stadium.

What exactly is the SOS stance and if there is information on the official site, where is it exactly?

Cheers.

If you read the News items on the site you will see our support for the Football Quarter which sees us stay at a refurbished Anfield.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2010, 12:48:30 pm »
If you read the News items on the site you will see our support for the Football Quarter which sees us stay at a refurbished Anfield.

It can work with a new stadium as well, which have to mention that.

Football Quarter information here.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/football-quarter.html

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:26 pm »
^ Cheers
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2010, 12:54:47 pm »

i swear we are being ignored ;D

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #318 on: July 24, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »
i swear we are being ignored ;D

We will get them out as soon as we can. Matter of as quick as we can get them in stock. Last two times  (initial online sale and 4th July Rally) they sold out very very quick. Going to order much bigger number of stock this time.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2010, 10:53:16 pm »
We will get them out as soon as we can. Matter of as quick as we can get them in stock. Last two times  (initial online sale and 4th July Rally) they sold out very very quick. Going to order much bigger number of stock this time.

Cheers Paul.