Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 122810 times)

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ligue 1
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:07:03 pm »
Monaco vs PSG in the supercup tonight..

Looking forward to seeing Youri Tielemans linking up with Kylian M'bappe. Dani Alves expected to start for PSG.

Monaco have been pretty much gutted with Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy joining City for around Ł90m, Bakayoko joined Chelsea for Ł34m. Incoming Tielemans of course, Terence Kongolo a centreback from Feyenoord who I have no idea about and Soualiho Meite has been signed from Zulte Waregem with the intention of replacing Bakayoko.

PSG have signed Yuri Berchiche from Real Sociedad to play at leftback, Dani Alves in on a free from Juve. Sirigu left on a free to Torino, Maxwell retired and highly rated Jean-Kévin Augustin was bizarrely allowed to leave for a fee of 11m to RB Leipzig, you'd have thought a loan deal would have made more sense for PSG. He'll probably be in Les Bleus World Cup squad in 2022.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:10:07 pm by John C »
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ligue 1 17/18
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:33:35 pm »
Monaco were leading 1-0 at HT but now PSG are 2-1 up, Dani Alves is playing as a winger and scored, Rabiot put them into the lead.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U1qPGHoQdGU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U1qPGHoQdGU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RP1ep2SDCYc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RP1ep2SDCYc</a>
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 12:40:38 pm by ggcc14 »

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:26:17 pm »
I am just happy Alves choose PSG instead of Man City.Would have been an incredible signing for Guardiola particularly if he as seems intended to play with back 3 and wing backs a lot.

Still the best right back in the world imo.
Barcelona were really insane to let him go.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:58:00 pm »
Stresses me out when my youtube videos don't embed.. Dani Alves and Sibide goal's were quality.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2017, 05:22:28 pm »
Such a shame that Monaco squad has been blown apart. Inevitable, but still. Shame.

ASM have made some very good signings though. Tielemans would complement Fabinho just fine and Lemar seems to be staying. Plus they've just signed Diakhaby who , though not at the level of Mbappe, is a very exciting talent nonetheless. They'll most certainly retain Falcao and invest in a good midfielder plus another attacker and they should be fine.

Fuck PSG and this whole Neymar horseshit.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2017, 10:39:38 pm »
Neymar statement:

stuario con ídolos como Messi, Valdés, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Piqué, B...
See more
A Sportsman's life is moving for challenges. Some are taxes, others are the fruit of our decisions to maintain the light that illuminates our career, which is intense but short.

Barcelona has been more than a challenge, it has been my dream as a child. He played with those cracks in the video game. I arrived at catalunya at age 21, full of challenges. I remember my first days at the club, sharing the costumes with idols like Messi, valdés, Xavi, Iniesta, puyol, and others with the expectation of playing in a club that is "more than a club". the FC Barcelona It's a nation representing Catalonia!

I had the honor to act with the greatest athlete I've ever seen in my life and I'm sure I won't see another better, Leo Messi became my partner, friend inside and out of play. Proud to play with you. I love you!

I formed an attack with Messi and Luis Suarez that has been left for the story. I've conquered everything a sportsman can conquer. I've lived unforgettable moments! I live in a city that's more than a city, it's a country. I love Barcelona and catalonia.

But a sportsman (me) needs challenges.

And for the second time in my life, I'm going to be opposing my dad.
Dad, I understand and respect your opinion, but my decision is made, I ask you to support me as you always have.

Barcelona and catalonia will always be in my heart but I need new challenges.
I have accepted the PSG-Paris Saint-Germain proposal to search for new conquests and help the club achieve the titles that the hobby awaits. I have been presented with a bold career plan and I look ready for this challenge.

I appreciate the love of the wonderful hobby blaugrana and everything I've learned with the athletes I've shared costumes with.
I also feel in my heart that the time has come to leave. The PSG will be my new home for the next few years and I will work to honor the trust they deposit in my football. I count a lot with everyone's support. Amateurs who have been with me since 2009, of my friends, of the professionals who accompany me and my family, who have suffered a lot from problems that have occurred in this period of my career and which today deserve peace.

It's a difficult decision, but taken with the maturity of my 25 years.
FC Barcelona, thanks for everything!
PSG, I'm coming!
May God bless us and protect us!

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 4, 2017, 12:39:18 pm »
Neymar unveiling press conference LIVE:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YVAonXAtZas" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YVAonXAtZas</a>

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2017, 12:50:48 pm »
Say's he would like to play tomorrow and he is ready, he's going to bring so many more spectators to Ligue 1..

Neymar will wear number 10, says leaving was most difficult decisions he's made and he told Pique not to share that picture with the caption he was staying as he was still undecided.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 01:11:46 pm by ggcc14 »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2017, 01:17:24 pm »
Watching Neymar press conference

Sure side stepping who paid the €222m fee

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 4, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »
Never seen such an outpouring of emotion from teammates as the Barca lot with Neymar leaving, seem's he made a big impression on them and is a really good guy. Very well spoken in his press conference too

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 4, 2017, 07:19:51 pm »
Mbappe starts with #10. Lemar in the starting lineup too.

Good team against Toulouse.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 4, 2017, 07:21:51 pm »
Tielemans on the bench is a shame but some competitive league football great, god it's been a long wait.  ;D

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 4, 2017, 07:23:46 pm »
Monaco's starting XI is still quite strong and can trouble the best sides but there's not a lot of proven quality on the bench. Tielemans is a talent obviously but I know almost nothing about the likes of Saint Maximin, Carrillo and Diakhaby.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 07:25:22 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 4, 2017, 07:53:08 pm »
Toulouse take the lead. Great corner routine if they planned it that way.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: August 4, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »
Im off to Marseille v Dijon on Sunday , be interesting to see how Marseille get on this season new owner and who wants to return them to the glory days

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 4, 2017, 08:14:30 pm »
1-1 brilliant corner by Moutinho, a player we should be looking at. Jemerson with the headed goal.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 4, 2017, 09:38:22 pm »
Monaco ended up winning 3-2 coming back from behind twice. Looked solid and while they newcomers will take time to gel, they will be interesting to watch again.

Can see PSG winning the league, but Monaco is the best of the rest and will probably finish 2nd comfortably, hope they do well in the CL as well.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 5, 2017, 01:47:10 pm »
Monaco have to improve their defense. They'll be fine in midfield with Tielemans already showing he'd be boss in the cameo last night and Diakhaby is ready to step up if Mbappe leaves.

Seri linked with PSG btw. Its going the Bayern way, this.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 6, 2017, 10:56:37 am »
Brilliant start by Mariano Diaz yesterday. Looks a worthy successor to Benzema and Lacazette's #9 at Lyon. Fekir was great as captain too. Expect Lyon to do well this season.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #20 on: August 6, 2017, 03:29:38 pm »
Lille are going to be a great side to watch this season with Bielsa in charge.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 7, 2017, 11:38:26 am »
Never seen such an outpouring of emotion from teammates as the Barca lot with Neymar leaving, seem's he made a big impression on them and is a really good guy. Very well spoken in his press conference too

You mean he isn't this money driven egotistical guy who only thinks about #1 with him and Messi not getting on?

The way some of the media have painted this move its been all about Neymar wanting to be the star man and Messi is the reason for him leaving.

Marseille won 3-0 although Dijon are bang average, expecting OM to compete for the 3rd Champions League spot with Lille and Lyon.

OM are the one club I want to see do well.  A big club who should be regularly in the top 3 in France but always manage to press the self destruct button.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2017, 11:39:56 am »
That is partly the reason, it's obvious Neymar wants to be considered the best in the world and he does need to do that in another team to get his credit imo.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2017, 01:55:18 pm »
You mean he isn't this money driven egotistical guy who only thinks about #1 with him and Messi not getting on?

The way some of the media have painted this move its been all about Neymar wanting to be the star man and Messi is the reason for him leaving.

OM are the one club I want to see do well.  A big club who should be regularly in the top 3 in France but always manage to press the self destruct button.

He wouldn't have left Barca for PSG if PSG were offering the money he was on at Barcelona, lets be honest.

He quite clearly went for the money.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 7, 2017, 02:46:01 pm »
Neymar just want to be Neymar again. Fake humble & being a team player must grate after a while.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 7, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »
He wouldn't have left Barca for PSG if PSG were offering the money he was on at Barcelona, lets be honest.

He quite clearly went for the money.

I don't think its any different from 99% of players.  How many would turn down the deal Neymar was offered?  The huge majority of players would of done exactly the same thing.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 7, 2017, 06:14:05 pm »
Monaco sign Ghezaal on a free. Though he was really out of order with Lyon, running his contract down, he's still very young and full of raw talent.

Be prepared for him having a stormer of a season and being sold for a huge amount in a couple of years.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 09:49:52 pm »
Mariano Diaz on the scoresheet again.

He's going to be immense this season.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 07:59:51 pm »
45 mins of Neymar debut then over to el classico

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 08:11:26 pm »
Falcao is a brilliant striker when on song. Stunning goal today.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 08:17:34 pm »
why didn't Mbappe play?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:32 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 08:23:11 pm »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »
That Guingamp lad must have gone huge on PSG and was getting nervous.  ;D

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »
why didn't Mbappe play?

Jardim says it was a 'decision of the club' to leave Mbappe on the bench today. Quite clear he is off.

Monaco still the most exciting team in the league, with Lyon a close second.

Cavani scores the second for PSG, with a great ball by Neymar.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »
Neymar goallll!

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
PSG win, 0-3.

Impressions after first GW, Ligue 1 looks even more competitive, despite PSG's antics in the transfer market. Monaco and Lyon brilliant. Nice will do well to keep hold of Seri.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
Can see PSG winning the Champions League this season. Not many sides come close to their first eleven, Dani Alves in particular is a clever bit of business.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 10:05:40 pm »
Can see PSG winning the Champions League this season. Not many sides come close to their first eleven, Dani Alves in particular is a clever bit of business.

No chance. They don't have the midfield dominance nor the consistent defense for winning the CL. Plus, still not convinced Emery is taking them in the right direction.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 01:35:03 pm »
Nice will do well to keep hold of Seri.

Guardian says we want to buy him.

Now, I might be biased, as I did not see much of RB Leipzig last year, but I saw a lot of Jean Michel Seri and trust me, he's absoluteky sensational. Almost Veratti like, with a bit more flair.