Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888248 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #6680 on: August 20, 2019, 11:40:36 am »
His pelvis has left the building. Uh hu hu

Thagooberrybuch layzangelm
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6681 on: August 20, 2019, 12:23:12 pm »
So frustrating seeing him injured again, he's had some wretched luck since he came here.

His country didn't help matters this Summer playing him when he wasn't fit in the African Nations Cup.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6682 on: August 20, 2019, 12:42:19 pm »
It seems like 4 - 5 week fit and then 4 - 5 week out.

Frustrating as every time he's about to peak he's injured again.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6683 on: August 20, 2019, 12:45:56 pm »
I'm more disappointed for the lad than frustrated at him, not like he can help getting knocks and injuries!

He'll be mighty frustrated however, as I've no doubt he'd love to put a string of games together and become an increasing part of the match day first 11.

Let's hope for Naby he can find some consistent fitness and really have the opportunity to show what he is clearly capable of.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: August 20, 2019, 01:34:51 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6685 on: August 20, 2019, 01:36:28 pm »

Prob wasn't worth requoting yourself.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: August 20, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »
Prob wasn't worth requoting yourself.

Am I wrong though? He seems to be weak as piss.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #6687 on: August 20, 2019, 01:40:23 pm »

He's already played more games, scored more goals and shown more brilliance than Aquilani. So yeah, you are wrong.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6688 on: August 20, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »
The new Aquilani.

Maybe the new Gerrard?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6689 on: August 20, 2019, 01:48:12 pm »

Aquilani had a long term injury when we decided to buy him, and then never really got fit after that, playing just 18 games in his 1 season here.

Whilst Keita has had a stop start first season, he's already played (1550 mins vs 900 mins) & contributed more.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6690 on: August 20, 2019, 01:55:38 pm »

Yes, you are wrong.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6691 on: August 20, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »

You are. Aquilani has been plagued by injuries all of his career. In his 16 year career he's got 450 appearances. Keita has 200 in 6 years.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6692 on: August 20, 2019, 02:01:20 pm »
Depends whose piss you're talking about.  My piss in like Gennaro Gattuso.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6693 on: August 20, 2019, 02:10:31 pm »
Yeah, he's really not weak as piss. He had a decent season all things considered, and then was incredibly mismanaged by the national team.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6694 on: August 20, 2019, 02:13:30 pm »

Yep. And then you amusingly quoted yourself to remind us all (when some might have thought you were being ironic first time round)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: August 20, 2019, 02:20:03 pm »
He needed to refuse to play for Guinea. He was never fit to play. Absolutely ridiculous and the Guinea coach is to blame as well.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6696 on: August 20, 2019, 02:25:15 pm »
Yeah you are wrong, and a little bellendy quoting yourself about an injured player too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: August 20, 2019, 02:27:13 pm »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: August 20, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »
He needed to refuse to play for Guinea. He was never fit to play. Absolutely ridiculous and the Guinea coach is to blame as well.

It's massively not that simple though is it.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6699 on: August 20, 2019, 02:39:20 pm »
It's massively not that simple though is it.

I know the national team have power and all that. But surely if you categorically tell them you aren't fit then that should be enough.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6700 on: August 20, 2019, 02:42:18 pm »
I know the national team have power and all that. But surely if you categorically tell them you aren't fit then that should be enough.

But we've had the same thing with England haven't we. Refusing to play for your country when you've been pronounced fit is a massive deal and going to be big in the national news. I don't know Naby, or know loads about his personality, but he certainly doesn't seem arrogant or massively outgoing enough to do that sort of thing. And - as far as I can recall - he wasn't able to categorically tell them he wasn't fit because he was technically 'fit', it wasn't like his leg was hanging off, he just needed taking much, much more care of and managing and they clearly didn't do that.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #6701 on: August 20, 2019, 02:55:02 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49381615

I can only hope that was for the ill treatment of our Naby, but it is likely unrelated. It was clear he was only looking out for his own short-term interests though, and certainly not Naby's, Liverpool's, or even Guinea's given he's arguably the greatest player they've produced (forgive me Titi) and he was happy to run him into the ground for a competition they were never going to win.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: August 20, 2019, 02:59:21 pm »
Depends whose piss you're talking about.  My piss in like Gennaro Gattuso.

Mine is like prime Javier Mascherano.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: August 20, 2019, 03:35:35 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49381615

I can only hope that was for the ill treatment of our Naby, but it is likely unrelated. It was clear he was only looking out for his own short-term interests though, and certainly not Naby's, Liverpool's, or even Guinea's given he's arguably the greatest player they've produced (forgive me Titi) and he was happy to run him into the ground for a competition they were never going to win.
The ethical code includes playing injured players. They're liable for Keita's salary if he's injured on national duty - I imagine quite a large sum for them to find.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6704 on: August 20, 2019, 04:06:39 pm »
People need to accept that he will take a while to get properly fit.

These groin/hip things are always really niggly to come back from. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AfRiKaN ScOusE

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6705 on: August 20, 2019, 09:40:52 pm »
Maybe Bayern felt that this was on the cards hence the reason why they pulled out. I still have faith in the fella and will prove the doubters wrong.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6706 on: August 20, 2019, 10:19:57 pm »
Maybe Bayern felt that this was on the cards hence the reason why they pulled out. I still have faith in the fella and will prove the doubters wrong.
They didn’t pull out.  We beat them to him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6707 on: August 20, 2019, 11:51:53 pm »
Not available for the weekend and could be out for a while according to Klopp.

stick a fork in him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6708 on: August 21, 2019, 12:45:44 am »
stick a fork in him

How the hell is he supposed to get better if you do that? That will just extend his recovery time.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #6709 on: August 21, 2019, 02:33:56 am »
Hopefully "a while" is not too long.

If you look at his injury history, he's missed 244 days in the last 4 seasons (excluding the current season), which works out to 61 days a year. Last year he only missed 11 games through injury, and that's including the big injury he got at the end.

That's about 2 months, or roughly 10-20 games missed a season, assuming that injury time includes getting back up to match fitness.

If he keeps that up, it's not too bad. We have plenty of depth at midfield to afford him missing 10 or 20 games a season, assuming he does what he has the ability to do in the other 40-50.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #6710 on: August 21, 2019, 05:37:03 am »
Massive overreactions in here on his easily refuted supposed injury proneness. Its normal for midfielders to pick up the odd injury here and there, if you can get 40-50 games out of him a season that is more than enough when you have a group of 6 CMs rotated to cover 3 positions (with the odd 4231 game thrown in from time to time where you only need 2 of them).

Keďta will be boss as fuck when he is back fit so everyone watch yourselves or you will be made to look quite silly.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: August 21, 2019, 05:54:19 am »
We need to be patient. Still a very young player. He just needs to work hard, stay confident, learn everything he can and then when he comes back into the scene, take the opportunity with both hands. He's a top player and I'm sure that he will show that before the season is done.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: August 23, 2019, 01:45:35 pm »
Klopp with no exact date but says a couple of weeks before he's ready, says he's doing well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 01:47:23 pm by deFacto »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: August 23, 2019, 04:53:51 pm »
Klopp with no exact date but says a couple of weeks before he's ready, says he's doing well.

After the international break then as we kind of expected.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6714 on: August 24, 2019, 07:53:20 am »
After the international break then as we kind of expected.

If we can get to the break with full points it’s a big step
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #6715 on: September 17, 2019, 10:46:52 am »
I wonder if we have another Jamie Redknapp on our hands.
Kill the humourless

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6716 on: September 17, 2019, 10:49:04 am »

Tad dramatic.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: September 17, 2019, 11:02:52 am »

Naby's father is a fackin' wheeler and dealer?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6718 on: September 17, 2019, 11:34:26 am »
Redknapp was made of glass. Keita has just been badly let down and fucked over by his national team.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #6719 on: September 17, 2019, 02:07:37 pm »
I love how Klopp mentions Keita in his presser - 'Keita is coming'.