Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422596 times)

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #24680 on: March 8, 2019, 12:40:45 pm »
This is a real thing

Then again, child labour laws are probably slacker in Abu Dhabi.

I've heard from a championship coach that Man City are actively scouting at 2-3yrs old!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24681 on: March 8, 2019, 01:00:34 pm »
I've heard from a championship coach that Man City are actively scouting at 2-3yrs old!

What next,ultrasound scouts?

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24682 on: March 8, 2019, 01:03:05 pm »

Conception watching/marking out of 10.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24683 on: March 8, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »
Would you not wait for rival clubs to "jump on board" first? You appear to be jumping the gun based on hearsay. I don't see any rival clubs accusing man city of anything, yet.

Let's wait and see before you start getting your knickers in a twist shall we.
theyll be doing this behind closed doors for how which is right and brief friendly journos

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #24684 on: March 8, 2019, 01:08:51 pm »

They’ll start breeding players, take Aguero’s jizz and an egg from one of the Man City ladies team...
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #24685 on: March 8, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »
Conception watching/marking out of 10.
Man City have even been monitoring the twinkle in my eye.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #24686 on: March 8, 2019, 01:18:41 pm »
They’ll start breeding players, take Aguero’s jizz and an egg from one of the Man City ladies team...

Who needs an academy? They can just clone Messi.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24687 on: March 8, 2019, 01:49:35 pm »
Aguero's kid boy has Diego Maradona as a granddad.  This is like the Sadler's Wells of football breeding.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #24688 on: March 8, 2019, 01:52:41 pm »
Aguero's kid boy has Diego Maradona as a granddad.

And Messi as his godfather if I remember right.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24689 on: March 8, 2019, 02:52:22 pm »
Aguero's kid boy has Diego Maradona as a granddad.  This is like the Sadler's Wells of football breeding.
Stud fees. A way of paying them more away from the main wage bill.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24690 on: March 8, 2019, 03:47:29 pm »
Indeed, alleged violations apparently require alignment on actions to take before anything has been judged/proven.  Being accused of something equates to guilt - to hell with due process
That Ted Bundy fella, the deluge of accusations only brought about due to mountains of evidence, poor Ted and poor Man City, doing their best as a wholesome family club to defeat the Cabal, using only the best underhanded tactics known to man, as well as some they've invented themselves.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24691 on: March 8, 2019, 04:26:53 pm »
City being investigated for FFP breaches by UEFA, FIFA, FA and Premier League now it appears.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47501423

Let's be honest and say what we are all thinking - none of this matters to me as a Liverpool fan unless there is a points deduction. They could fine them £200m and it wouldn't matter. They could try enforce a transfer ban and City would just appeal it to delay it for a window and do their shopping early. I guess UEFA technically could ban them from European Competition which is the only other way to actually hurt them right?

But there is no precedent for this that I know of so who can guess if any action will even be taken by any of the bodies, I suspect not unless the so-called dark forces of the established clubs (Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juve, Utd and I guess LFC) can get enough traction behind the scenes.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24692 on: March 8, 2019, 04:27:51 pm »
Money makes the world go round. The right people in the right places will have their off shore bank balances given a new lease of life and all will be good in planet City. Thus always the way. 
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24693 on: March 8, 2019, 04:31:45 pm »
City being investigated for FFP breaches by UEFA, FIFA, FA and Premier League now it appears.

Let's be honest and say what we are all thinking - none of this matters to me as a Liverpool fan unless there is a points deduction. They could fine them £200m and it wouldn't matter. They could try enforce a transfer ban and City would just appeal it to delay it for a window and do their shopping early. I guess UEFA technically could ban them from European Competition which is the only other way to actually hurt them right?

But there is no precedent for this that I know of so who can guess if any action will even be taken by any of the bodies, I suspect not unless the so-called dark forces of the established clubs (Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juve, Utd and I guess LFC) can get enough traction behind the scenes.

The only thing that would hurt them is a points deduction at seasons end to put them outside the champions league places for the following season and that's never going to happen when they have endless amounts of cash to bribe people. I can't stand everything about them or PSG.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #24694 on: March 8, 2019, 04:45:54 pm »

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24695 on: March 8, 2019, 04:47:32 pm »

Preventing them from continuing to take the piss matters to us, regardless of any punishment for previous infringements.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #24696 on: March 8, 2019, 04:49:45 pm »
Nothing will happen. A slap on the wrist and a fine that doesn't mean anything.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24697 on: March 8, 2019, 04:50:01 pm »
Apparently Watford may take City to arbitration for the 'loss of opportunity' regarding the Sancho sale, and they have written to the FA.

From the Times (but you have to register to read the whole thing).
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/watford-could-seek-compensation-from-manchester-city-over-jadon-sancho-deal-787j0vr9j

"Watford could take Manchester City to arbitration for a “loss of opportunity” regarding the sale of Jadon Sancho following allegations that City made an illegal payment to his family. The Times understands that the club have written to the FA asking to be kept informed about its investigation into whether City made payments to Sancho’s family and his agent, Emeka Obasi, before the then 14-year-old left Watford’s academy to move to the Etihad Stadium four years ago."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24698 on: March 8, 2019, 04:56:41 pm »
Apparently Watford may take City to arbitration for the 'loss of opportunity' regarding the Sancho sale, and they have written to the FA.

From the Times (but you have to register to read the whole thing).
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/watford-could-seek-compensation-from-manchester-city-over-jadon-sancho-deal-787j0vr9j

"Watford could take Manchester City to arbitration for a “loss of opportunity” regarding the sale of Jadon Sancho following allegations that City made an illegal payment to his family. The Times understands that the club have written to the FA asking to be kept informed about its investigation into whether City made payments to Sancho’s family and his agent, Emeka Obasi, before the then 14-year-old left Watford’s academy to move to the Etihad Stadium four years ago."

Watford could take Manchester City to arbitration for a “loss of opportunity” regarding the sale of Jadon Sancho following allegations that City made an illegal payment to his family. The Times understands that the club have written to the FA asking to be kept informed about its investigation into whether City made payments to Sancho’s family and his agent, Emeka Obasi, before the then 14-year-old left Watford’s academy to move to the Etihad Stadium four years ago.

Watford have not made an independent complaint to the FA, but have asked to be kept abreast of developments and any conclusion as the outcome could materially affect them. If City’s alleged illegal payments are proven they would constitute a multiple breach of FA rules, which may have cost Watford tens of millions of pounds. The club are reserving the right to take City to arbitration. Both FA and Fifa rules state that agents are not allowed to represent players until the year in which they turn 16, while it is prohibited to make any financial inducement to a young player’s family. Section K of the FA Rules provides that any dispute between two or more “participants” shall automatically be referred to and resolved by arbitration under the FA Rules. The revelation of Watford’s letter may increase tensions in the boardroom when the two clubs meet at the Etihad Stadium tomorrow.

Watford received just £200,000 in compensation when Sancho joined City in 2015 as part of a set tariff determined by the Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan — £25,000 for each year he spent at the club’s Category 2 academy — but he is now valued at over £100 million. The 18-year-old left City for Borussia Dortmund for £8 million in 2017 and after making a huge impact in the Bundesliga has established himself in Gareth Southgate’s England squad, with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain both considering making a bid for him this summer.

Watford are prepared to take City to arbitration if it is proven that Sancho’s decision to leave them was influenced by an unlawful payment from another club. The Times yesterday revealed the existence of City’s internal document from 2014 proposing to make a payment of £225,000 to the player’s family for “family support”. It is not known whether the payment was made. German magazine Der Spiegel have previously alleged that City paid Sancho’s agent, Obasi, £200,000 connected to the move, but tried to conceal the payment as an agreement for him to work for the club as a scout.

The FA has confirmed they are investigating the allegations, but declined to comment on Watford’s letter. City refused to comment on the specifics of the Sancho case, but issued a statement yesterday saying that accusations of financial irregularities were “entirely false”.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24699 on: March 8, 2019, 04:58:50 pm »
Bluemoon is hilarious right now

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24700 on: March 8, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »
It won't happen obviously because they'll get a fine and maybe at worst a transfer ban, but if they got a points deduction you'd need to find a way to hook the fume up to the national grid as it'd keep britain running on clean fume energy for decades.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #24701 on: March 8, 2019, 05:12:05 pm »
its all a conspiracy for rotten scousers to win the league i am sure
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24702 on: March 8, 2019, 05:51:00 pm »
Reading Blue Moon you'd think the (potential) investigation into their persistent rule breaking and fraud was some sort of affront to the spirit of fair play, as loathe as I would be to Liverpool winning any title due to deducting points from them, it's the only punishment that would actually "punish" them, as it were, a fine is nothing, same goes for a transfer ban, as they'd exhaust every evenue of appeal, all the while throwing hundreds of millions at their squad, make a Juventus style example of them.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24703 on: March 8, 2019, 06:02:09 pm »

From what I've seen of that place, it's mostly Chad from Wyoming, who has supported the mighty blues for the past 2 years, and is fully convinced everything is an evil sinister conspiracy against his beloved team.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24704 on: March 8, 2019, 06:10:39 pm »
Reading Blue Moon you'd think the (potential) investigation into their persistent rule breaking and fraud was some sort of affront to the spirit of fair play, as loathe as I would be to Liverpool winning any title due to deducting points from them, it's the only punishment that would actually "punish" them, as it were, a fine is nothing, same goes for a transfer ban, as they'd exhaust every evenue of appeal, all the while throwing hundreds of millions at their squad, make a Juventus style example of them.

Normally I'd be uncomfortable too, but this lot have been taking the piss since day one. 2011, they were (and still are) a small club with fuck all trophies, yet Etihad sponsored them to the tune of £400 million, doubling the worlds highest sponsorship deal at the time. Without shit like that they wouldn't have been able to build the squad they have now.

Fuck em.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #24705 on: March 8, 2019, 06:31:53 pm »
Normally I'd be uncomfortable too, but this lot have been taking the piss since day one. 2011, they were (and still are) a small club with fuck all trophies, yet Etihad sponsored them to the tune of £400 million, doubling the worlds highest sponsorship deal at the time. Without shit like that they wouldn't have been able to build the squad they have now.

Fuck em.
It really is that blatant. Any type of punishment has to be of consequence. I don't think the owners would bat an eyelid at a £200M fine. Great to have seen this being looked in to by the premier league at the very least though after the dialogues on here yesterday. Is there any lobby opportunity here of any sort for the general fan of fair played football I wonder?.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #24706 on: March 8, 2019, 06:43:33 pm »
huh? Aguero will be remembered for that goal alone if nothing else. When are we going to get another goal in stoppage time that decides the league?

May 12th?
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24707 on: March 8, 2019, 06:46:00 pm »
Bluemoon can fuck off. They won't get a points deduction at all and just a shit fine that they'll be able to pay piss easy as they fill their stadium so often etc...

I was speaking to a Man Utd fan and a City fan the other day in work about transfers. They moaned about how much we have spent the past few years (completely ignoring net spend.) I challenged him to even think of the last player City sold and how much. Couldn't
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24708 on: March 8, 2019, 06:48:49 pm »
In any other sport in the world, if you're caught cheating you get titles stripped.

They have a huge edge on teams by not playing by the rules, this edge had led them to the title last year, and probably this year.

Whats the difference between financial doping and actual doping? Because in any other sport if you're court doping you'll get your titles stripped.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24709 on: March 8, 2019, 07:00:56 pm »
Nothing will happen to them, they’ll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. It’s just the associations looking for more money. Then they’ll do it again and again and continue to pay off the fines.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #24710 on: March 8, 2019, 07:06:56 pm »
This forum is full of paranoid users whenever United play, spouting conspiracy theories. It's somewhat embarrassing.

This City case however is genuine cheating. No ifs or buts. Anyone who says otherwise is either delusional or can't read.

Nothing of note will come of any of this though. There will be a very, very minor punishment and it won't be mentioned when they lift their next trophy.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24711 on: March 8, 2019, 07:11:54 pm »
I think they'll get far more than a fine if found guilty, they have to, they've already had that once and continued to cheat. Though it's just if they have the balls to find them guilty and take on some pretty powerful people in the process.

If found guilty in regard to the CL and domestically then the only outcome should be an enormous CL ban, at least 10 years plus and all domestic trophies for the period of cheating taken away and them relegated.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24712 on: March 8, 2019, 07:13:51 pm »
I think they'll get far more than a fine if found guilty, they have to, they've already had that once and continued to cheat. Though it's just if they have the balls to find them guilty and take on some pretty powerful people in the process.

If found guilty in regard to the CL and domestically then the only outcome should be an enormous CL ban, at least 10 years plus and all domestic trophies for the period of cheating taken away and them relegated.

Great,that would put us on 20 premiership titles!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24713 on: March 8, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »

10 years :lmao.

Bloody hell, I wouldn’t want you as a judge if I went to trial. You’d have the black cap on before the case had stated ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24714 on: March 8, 2019, 07:17:47 pm »
10 years :lmao.

Bloody hell, I wouldn’t want you as a judge if I went to trial. You’d have the black cap on before the case had stated ;D

;D Skenderbeu got a 10 year ban for match fixing. Don't see why these should be any different for an offence that has had a far, far greater impact on football.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #24715 on: March 8, 2019, 07:18:47 pm »
A 10 point deduction for the next 3 seasons.

No European football for the next 3 seasons.

Transfer window ban for the next 3 transfer seasons.

That should about do it.. :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24716 on: March 8, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »
;D Skenderbeu got a 10 year ban for match fixing. Don't see why these should be any different for an offence that has had a far, far greater impact on football.
I think this is less serious.

I think it’s utterly wrong, but it’s not the same scale as match fixing.  But deliberately conspiring to mislead the authorities must be dealt with harshly.

It won’t be of course.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24717 on: March 8, 2019, 07:19:59 pm »
A 10 point deduction for the next 3 seasons.

No European football for the next 3 seasons.

Transfer window ban for the next 3 transfer seasons.

That should about do it.. :wave

Hahaha :lmao

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #24718 on: March 8, 2019, 07:34:23 pm »
If they get a slap on the wrist and fine then the Premier League need investigating themselves

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24719 on: March 8, 2019, 07:38:08 pm »
If they get a slap on the wrist and fine then the Premier League need investigating themselves
could end up being a precursor to a super league so they’d be smart not to shit out, let City off the hook and the fans of the top clubs will push for that