Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273331 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #4360 on: July 7, 2020, 02:43:17 pm »
I don’t think talk of him going to the Euros is that silly. We’re hardly spoiled for choice for striking options. In another season’s time God knows what old man Kane will be looking like and potentially Greenwood looks better than Rashford. Has Vardy retired already?

It’s like people saying Fowler could make Euro 96 back in the end of 94/95. Granted Robbie was banging 30 goals a season in at that point, not a measly 15.

I don't know, he's just been playing for their first team this season and has scored a few goals (some in the Europa League against weaker opposition). Is that enough to talk about him having an international cap? I don't think it is.

If he continues this form into this season I can see it but it's not too far away from Curtis Jones being talked about as playing for England which would be equally as ridiculous.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4361 on: July 7, 2020, 02:47:50 pm »
I don't know, he's just been playing for their first team this season and has scored a few goals (some in the Europa League against weaker opposition). Is that enough to talk about him having an international cap? I don't think it is.

If he continues this form into this season I can see it but it's not too far away from Curtis Jones being talked about as playing for England which would be equally as ridiculous.
England's midfield is awful Curtis Jones could easily make the England squad if he plays like has done for the next year.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4362 on: July 7, 2020, 03:34:57 pm »

Greenwood has done far more this season than Curtis Jones to be fair, it’s more akin to people talking about Foden getting a call up which is reasonable.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4363 on: July 7, 2020, 03:35:32 pm »

Which forwards are in the squad currently? We seem blessed with wide men in theee man attack and less so strikers but he’d be competing with Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Sir ‘Arold...then who? Wasn’t so long ago Solanke was getting a cap! Or Callum Wilson. Is he worse than Hudson-Odoi?

I don’t want to get too involved as I’ve barely seen him play and there’s enough praising him to the heavens but if he has a repeat season next year, given who he plays for and the media hype you can be sure he’ll be in with a good chance of making the squad.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4364 on: July 7, 2020, 03:43:26 pm »
There's nothing wrong with praising players, but one always needs to remember that classic tale The Salutatory Case of Adnan Januzaj or that old Broadway hit Whatever Happened To Frederico Macheda?

He is far more like Sterling than Januzaj. Anyone who has watched our youth teams and saw Greenwood’s games against us is not surprised, he was scoring free kicks with his weaker right foot against us, I think he also scored a hat trick. He’s a special talent, nothing more to it, and unless he has a major injury he isn’t going to fail, only going to get better and better. When you see players like TAA Fowler Owen Rooney you just know they will go on to be special players, they are already assured and confident beyond their years even before their late teens, so far Greenwood has taken to senior men’s football like he has to the u 18’s and u23’s, he can shoot with both feet, can dribble, has pace, the full works basically.

On a larger point the England generations that comprise of Sancho Foden Hudson Odoi Brewster was a very very special group and I expect most of these players to make a big impact on senior football, the year below them contains Greenwood Jones Anjorin Louie Sibley and Saka and they seem nearly as talented, these two year groups are very special in regards to English football, two of the best year groups England has produced in years and years.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 03:51:49 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4365 on: July 7, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »
He is far more like Sterling than Januzaj. Anyone who has watched our youth teams and saw Greenwood’s games against us is not surprised, he was scoring free kicks with his weaker right foot against us, I think he also scored a hat trick. He’s a special talent, nothing more to it, and unless he has a major injury he isn’t going to fail, only going to get better and better. When you see players like TAA Fowler Owen Rooney you just know they will go on to be special players, they are already assured and confident beyond the years even before their late teens, so far Greenwood has taken to senior men’s football like he has to the u 18’s and u23’s, he can shoot with both feet, can dribble, has pace, the full works basically.

On a larger point the England generations that comprise of Sancho Foden Hudson Odoi Brewster was a very very special group and I expect most of these players to make a big impact on senior football, the year below them contains Greenwood Jones Anjorin Louie Sibley and Saka and they seem nearly as talented, these two year groups are very special in regards to English football, two of the best year groups England has produced in years and years.

Greenwoods form is the reason why the Sancho deal is looking a tad less likely now than it was 2 months ago. Last I heard he was desperate to leave BVB but that was 2 months ago and things can change.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4366 on: July 7, 2020, 03:57:09 pm »
England's midfield is awful Curtis Jones could easily make the England squad if he plays like has done for the next year.

Maybe if he continues his form, I don't think he'll play enough games for us next season unless we we have huge injury problems.

Greenwood has done far more this season than Curtis Jones to be fair, it’s more akin to people talking about Foden getting a call up which is reasonable.

I don't think he has done 'far more' really.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4367 on: July 7, 2020, 03:59:22 pm »
Greenwoods form is the reason why the Sancho deal is looking a tad less likely now than it was 2 months ago. Last I heard he was desperate to leave BVB but that was 2 months ago and things can change.

I would love Sancho to come here, Sancho Jones Gomez TAA Brewster would be an incredible English core.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4368 on: July 7, 2020, 04:00:26 pm »
Which forwards are in the squad currently? We seem blessed with wide men in theee man attack and less so strikers but he’d be competing with Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Sir ‘Arold...then who? Wasn’t so long ago Solanke was getting a cap! Or Callum Wilson. Is he worse than Hudson-Odoi?

I don’t want to get too involved as I’ve barely seen him play and there’s enough praising him to the heavens but if he has a repeat season next year, given who he plays for and the media hype you can be sure he’ll be in with a good chance of making the squad.

Good point about Solanke. I do agree that if he has a strong season next year then fair enough, right now though, I think it's too early. It's not really a reflection on him, more the attitude that it all a player has to do is play well for a few games and they're being talked as an England player. I guess it's just more a preference that I'd rather a player have more than that to get international caps.

I'd also say Ings is is far more deserving than any other English striker of playing for England, and that includes Harry Kane at present.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4369 on: July 7, 2020, 04:01:33 pm »
I would love Sancho to come here, Sancho Jones Gomez TAA Brewster would be an incredible English core.

Me too but the only way that happens is if he stays at BVB another season, Doesn't sign an extension and we grab him next summer. You never know.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4370 on: July 8, 2020, 11:12:54 pm »
Manchester United have never got this many points in a 38 game PL season.  We have 4 games left.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4371 on: July 9, 2020, 01:24:14 am »
Manchester United have never got this many points in a 38 game PL season.  We have 4 games left.
sshh, haven't you heard?, they are back, and even better than before, our new records won't stand for long 😂😂

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #4372 on: July 9, 2020, 02:16:13 am »
Apparently Firmino is shite and offers nothing. They acting billy big bollix again. Be funny when it all goes to shit again.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4373 on: July 9, 2020, 02:46:41 am »
Apparently Firmino is shite and offers nothing. They acting billy big bollix again. Be funny when it all goes to shit again.
yes he's shite, wouldn't get in their front 3. As long as they think Bobby and the rest of our team are shite I'm happy 😁

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4374 on: July 9, 2020, 02:50:11 am »
yes he's shite, wouldn't get in their front 3. As long as they think Bobby and the rest of our team are shite I'm happy 😁

Best keeper
Best RB
Best CB
Best midfield
Best front three

I guess Gomez and Robbo are worth 37 points on their own, crazy.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4375 on: July 9, 2020, 02:54:47 am »
Best keeper
Best RB
Best CB
Best midfield
Best front three

I guess Gomez and Robbo are worth 37 points on their own, crazy.
fuck, that's not good,worrying times 🤣🤣

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4376 on: July 9, 2020, 03:14:04 am »
Anyway, just in case there's some mancs here,  :wavesay hello to the champions 🤣🤣

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4377 on: July 9, 2020, 06:36:20 am »
What’s that? “It’s our year, next year” oh how the tables have turned!

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4378 on: July 9, 2020, 09:58:16 am »
I’m enjoying the «Rank the English talent» thread on Red Cafe.

Greenwood is a generational talent already. Wan-Bissaka world class.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4379 on: July 9, 2020, 10:02:54 am »
I’m enjoying the «Rank the English talent» thread on Red Cafe.

Greenwood is a generational talent already. Wan-Bissaka world class.

World class at fucking up and losing the ball
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4380 on: July 9, 2020, 10:26:51 am »
We probably need to stop mocking Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. It’s unlikely but you honestly never know if they might at some point clock onto how shit they are.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4383 on: July 9, 2020, 12:11:37 pm »
sorry, that's been taken down, try this instead:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/07/04/video-wan-bissakas-comical-attempt-at-ronaldo-esque-back-heel/

Nothing to see here, he immediately recovered and made the pass. Played for, something only the true greats can do.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #4384 on: July 9, 2020, 12:13:08 pm »
Give them the title already...  ;D

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4385 on: July 9, 2020, 01:50:19 pm »
Apparently Foden has commented that Greenwood is the best finisher he has ever seen and better than even Aguero.
I haven't really seen Greenwood play - so how good is he really? How does Brewster compare with him for example?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4386 on: July 9, 2020, 02:34:25 pm »
Apparently Foden has commented that Greenwood is the best finisher he has ever seen and better than even Aguero.
I haven't really seen Greenwood play - so how good is he really? How does Brewster compare with him for example?

:lmao

Aguero is the best in this league by a country mile. Oh Maxi, why didn't you convince him.....

Not seen a lot of Greenwood, but does have a good shot on him. Both his goals v Bournemouth would have been saved by a competent keeper however.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4387 on: July 9, 2020, 02:42:24 pm »
"I think Maguire goes home every day and tells his wife: ‘I screw up, but I earn so much. They really believe I’m good.’ I really think so, he laughs at everyone." :lmao

https://www.goal.com/en-cm/news/maguire-goes-home-tells-his-wife-he-screws-up-but-still-earns-so-/1ofktkjqspmlf1nvm5ckkxqoz7

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4388 on: July 9, 2020, 02:50:23 pm »
The same Curtis Jones who's never started a league game? I know this is the Manc humour thread but let's not go overboard.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4389 on: July 9, 2020, 02:54:03 pm »
The same Curtis Jones who's never started a league game? I know this is the Manc humour thread but let's not go overboard.

Agreed, lets leave the overhyping nonsense to them.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4390 on: July 9, 2020, 02:54:03 pm »
"I think Maguire goes home every day and tells his wife: ‘I screw up, but I earn so much. They really believe I’m good.’ I really think so, he laughs at everyone." :lmao

https://www.goal.com/en-cm/news/maguire-goes-home-tells-his-wife-he-screws-up-but-still-earns-so-/1ofktkjqspmlf1nvm5ckkxqoz7

Haha, that's brilliant! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #4391 on: July 9, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »

Not the right thread for this but I'd definitely take Ake here as a Lovren replacement.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4392 on: July 9, 2020, 03:29:18 pm »
Not the right thread for this but I'd definitely take Ake here as a Lovren replacement.

Me too, although would he want to sit on the bench?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4393 on: July 9, 2020, 06:03:43 pm »
Me too, although would he want to sit on the bench?

What if we bought him a La-Z-Boy?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4394 on: July 9, 2020, 06:12:48 pm »
The best finisher under Fur Jism?

Rossi.

Or so he said.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4395 on: July 9, 2020, 07:18:50 pm »
Fucking deluded this lot well and truly.

Apprentice sparky on site earlier saying 'next years definitely their year' so I ask if the turnaround is going to happen all because they have signed one half decent player. He comes back with 'well Barca only have Messi so they are a one man team so why not us, they have Messi, we have Bruno' [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #4396 on: July 9, 2020, 07:20:18 pm »

The same Curtis Jones that is trying to get a game for the European and English champions. At United he would get a lot more game time.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4397 on: July 9, 2020, 07:50:52 pm »
Funny how they’re not going on about Fred or McTominay being stars of the future anymore. Did I see Matic is signing a 3 year deal?! Greenwood looks like a player, but I think it’s fair to say it’s based on a small sample size. Their other forwards are all patchy / inconsistent on the whole, same goes for Pogba. Still a long way to go before they can get anywhere near 80+ points in my opinion. Glorious to see them talking about next year being theirs.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4398 on: July 9, 2020, 07:55:14 pm »
I think they and people in general overrate young players. You just never know. It’s like with the ones we have now: Elliot, Jones, Williams, Brewster etc. All of them seems good enough to be good and possibly great PL players, but you will never know how good. Surprised if all of them make it to the very top. For every Trent, there’s also an Ibe or a Januzaj.

Greenwood looks a good prospect and very good finisher, but it’s still early.

The thought that Aaron Van Bissaka is «world class», I don’t know how they’ve reached that conclusion.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4399 on: July 9, 2020, 08:13:59 pm »
Fucking deluded this lot well and truly.

Apprentice sparky on site earlier saying 'next years definitely their year' so I ask if the turnaround is going to happen all because they have signed one half decent player. He comes back with 'well Barca only have Messi so they are a one man team so why not us, they have Messi, we have Bruno' [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And they are letting him loose with wiring?  :o