Author Topic: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.  (Read 8319 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »
Hmm, I know your game...

:D

Well to be fair that was before JK posted the rules  ;)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2019, 10:38:58 pm »
I don't think that there's anything that in theory could stop you using your ringer for the 98/99 or 08/09 rounds. I'm not going to ban people from doing it. But I feel that you might waste an opportunity to get some more interesting players in ;D

Right but even without the ringer you have to fulfill those two requirements correct?

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2019, 10:41:26 pm »
Drafters are encouraged to be tactical. Use mind games to convince other players who you're going to pick. Psyche them out. It's up to you. Choose players because you want them, choose players in the likelihood that others will to block them, choose players you don't think others will pick. It's what should make this fun :)

Looking forward to the first round

I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2019, 10:46:54 pm »
Right but even without the ringer you have to fulfill those two requirements correct?

Nah, you don't have to have two players from those years particularly - but the draft is from those two years for the extra CB and CM 1) to add some flavour and 2) to broaden the pools of selection for CBs/CMs given that there are two of each.

So if you end up with 10 players from 2018/2019, one from 98/99 and then for the 08/09 round you decide to pick a CM from 2013/2014, that's your prerogative.

For me it would make more sense to use your ringer for your super sub or a different pick, there are plenty of top CBs in 98/99 and top CMs in 08/09 so I'm not sure why you'd forego these opportunities when by the time you get to super-sub a lot of the PLs best players might have been taken or blocked out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:48:51 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2019, 11:03:19 pm »
So is discussion to stay in here or the other thread?

I’ve posted a few adverts in a few different places, let’s see if anyone bites.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2019, 11:06:13 pm »
So is discussion to stay in here or the other thread?

I’ve posted a few adverts in a few different places, let’s see if anyone bites.

Let's move to the other thread from 1pm tomorrow when the selection begins...

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2019, 11:29:16 pm »
I'll do it on two conditions:

1) Remember I'm in a different time zone

2) Be kind, I've never done one before!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2019, 11:30:03 pm »
I'll do it on two conditions:

1) Remember I'm in a different time zone

2) Be kind, I've never done one before!

HURRAH!

You're in. The timezone shouldn't matter as you'll always have 24 hours to make any pick. And it should be straightforward, no prior experience necessary...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2019, 11:38:22 pm »
HURRAH!

You're in. The timezone shouldn't matter as you'll always have 24 hours to make any pick. And it should be straightforward, no prior experience necessary...

Ok sounds awesome!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2019, 01:21:06 am »
Ok sounds awesome!

I'll buy you a pint or two if I ever come across you in 'Murica for participating in this madness  :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2019, 01:23:22 am »
Nah, you don't have to have two players from those years particularly - but the draft is from those two years for the extra CB and CM 1) to add some flavour and 2) to broaden the pools of selection for CBs/CMs given that there are two of each.

So if you end up with 10 players from 2018/2019, one from 98/99 and then for the 08/09 round you decide to pick a CM from 2013/2014, that's your prerogative.

For me it would make more sense to use your ringer for your super sub or a different pick, there are plenty of top CBs in 98/99 and top CMs in 08/09 so I'm not sure why you'd forego these opportunities when by the time you get to super-sub a lot of the PLs best players might have been taken or blocked out.

So it doesn't have to be those particular years it could be say 2002/2003 and 2004/2005 for the other for instance? Sorry for the questions mate, just want clarification so I don't screw up later.

Btw I wouldn't forego them, just wondering that's all  :)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:08 am »
I'll buy you a pint or two if I ever come across you in 'Murica for participating in this madness  :D

My favourite drafting story - we did a hockey draft once. I was there largely to fill numbers but I knew enough about the sport back then to at least have a rough idea who to pick. The rules were everyone needed a Goaltender and a rookie, and defense goals were worth 2 pts.

The order is set, first on the board. Has the entire NHL at his feet - Prime Crosby, Ovechkin, Mike Green right there.

"Might as well get this out of the way - " and picked his rookie first overall hahaha

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2019, 01:29:58 am »
My favourite drafting story - we did a hockey draft once. I was there largely to fill numbers but I knew enough about the sport back then to at least have a rough idea who to pick. The rules were everyone needed a Goaltender and a rookie, and defense goals were worth 2 pts.

The order is set, first on the board. Has the entire NHL at his feet - Prime Crosby, Ovechkin, Mike Green right there.

"Might as well get this out of the way - " and picked his rookie first overall hahaha

Hahah. Also use this as a warm up for the NFL Fantasy draft that I'll set up in a couple of weeks  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2019, 01:40:24 am »
Hahah. Also use this as a warm up for the NFL Fantasy draft that I'll set up in a couple of weeks  ;D

I'm excited for that one especially

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2019, 06:56:42 am »
Cool, we’ve got 10. Guess the games can begin now!

To be complete honest and upfront, I just wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be picking:

Alisson
Trent
Robertson
Van Dijk
Stam (1998-99)
Kante
Gerrard (2008-09)
Bernardo Silva
Salah
Hazard
Suarez (2013-14)

Son

So now you know, it’s your own faults if you end up with a 2nd tier player from choosing these.

What does everyone think of my team? Should be a strong contender!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2019, 07:00:17 am »
Can I join in? or is it too late now? :(

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2019, 07:47:28 am »
Can I join in? or is it too late now? :(

You’re in as we’ve had one drop out!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2019, 09:14:41 am »
Cool, we’ve got 10. Guess the games can begin now!

To be complete honest and upfront, I just wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be picking:

Alisson
Trent
Robertson
Van Dijk
Stam (1998-99)
Kante
Gerrard (2008-09)
Bernardo Silva
Salah
Hazard
Suarez (2013-14)

Son

So now you know, it’s your own faults if you end up with a 2nd tier player from choosing these.

What does everyone think of my team? Should be a strong contender!

I think the rest of us should all take it in turns to pick one of these players so that he ends up with a League 2 team
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2019, 09:29:33 am »
I think the rest of us should all take it in turns to pick one of these players so that he ends up with a League 2 team

Haha but you wouldn’t want to collude now would you!

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2019, 09:36:37 am »
I won’t say who (in case they haven’t PM’ed everyone), but it appears the fun and games have begun!

Subject: My GK pick

it’s on me ‘ED~~SON’

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2019, 09:40:01 am »
JK, what happens if the same player is picked (but a different season version of each) in the same round?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2019, 09:53:05 am »
JK, what happens if the same player is picked (but a different season version of each) in the same round?

Pick is invalid.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2019, 10:24:07 am »
Pick is invalid.

Same for other rounds too? Say a player is picked from 18/19 - there then can’t be another version of that player picked?

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2019, 10:36:57 am »
You can ignore that, I’ve just read the rules from the other thread :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2019, 11:29:48 am »
So it doesn't have to be those particular years it could be say 2002/2003 and 2004/2005 for the other for instance? Sorry for the questions mate, just want clarification so I don't screw up later.

Btw I wouldn't forego them, just wondering that's all  :)

:wave

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2019, 12:55:05 pm »
:wave

Nope.

The second CB has to be selected from 98/99.
The second CM has to be selected from 08/09.

UNLESS on either occasion you opt to use that pick for your ringer in which case they can be from any season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2019, 12:58:02 pm »
Cheers

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2019, 08:47:55 pm »
Just an idea, but rather than a super sub can we have a round at the end to pick from all the duplicates. Then if you get another duplicate you get a super sub but if not you get the team you had before. What do people think?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:29 pm »
I thought the super sub round was an inside joke? As in, the only super sub ever was Ole from Molde so we’d all duplicate him by default?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2019, 09:07:17 pm »
I thought the super sub round was an inside joke? As in, the only super sub ever was Ole from Molde so we’d all duplicate him by default?

Hahaha.

I really like the comparison that Ole being their manager is like Origi being our manager in 20 years!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »

I've got Davey Fairclough boxed off
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same