Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426163 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32320 on: August 11, 2019, 06:25:43 pm »
The gritty streets of Salford today

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32321 on: August 11, 2019, 06:31:18 pm »
Might as well just wrap this up now, title is theirs. Ole is a god amongst men.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32322 on: August 11, 2019, 06:33:36 pm »
Turning corners since 2013
They are navigating a triacontakaioctagon this year.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32323 on: August 11, 2019, 06:35:10 pm »

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32324 on: August 11, 2019, 06:41:07 pm »
Shit they're back aren't they? May as well give up lads, Ole's back at the wheel.

Also, SuperFrank will be joining Ole in the dole queue in November.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32325 on: August 11, 2019, 06:42:07 pm »
Utd set to have a brilliant season then, as long as every team they play camps out in their half and lets them counterattack into an empty defensive area for 90 minutes.

This times infinity
They were by far the worse team until the second and their midfield is just atrocious. Weird watching players like Pereira and McTominay as first choice man united players

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32326 on: August 11, 2019, 06:47:54 pm »
Europa League
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32327 on: August 11, 2019, 06:49:06 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32328 on: August 11, 2019, 06:54:01 pm »
It was all there today,

Mentaliteh
Physicaliteh
Technical abiliteh
Pashun
Squad harmoneh

I read this in the voice of Vera Duckworth....works a treat!!
YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32329 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
Ball should have been kicked out of play for their 4th and still haven't seen a decent replay for their 3rd. Is he deffo on?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:58:32 pm by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32330 on: August 11, 2019, 06:57:03 pm »
I read this in the voice of Vera Duckworth....works a treat!!

Orville makes it perfect
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32331 on: August 11, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »
Ball should have been kicked out of play for their 4th and still haven't seen a decent replay for their 3rd. Are we sure he was on?

Yeah miles on to be fair
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32332 on: August 11, 2019, 07:00:22 pm »
Yeah miles on to be fair

Fair enough. Gotta fancy our chances of getting at least the same on Wednesday with their defence
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #32333 on: August 11, 2019, 07:03:22 pm »
I was worried that they were gonna continue with their awful spell towards the end of the last season and then go on to fire Ole but now it really looks encouraging that he may just be good enough to be around that 4th spot and avoid getting fired for almost entire season which would be a perfect scenario.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32334 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:13 pm »
I was worried that they were gonna continue with their awful spell towards the end of the last season and then go on to fire Ole but now it really looks encouraging that he may just be good enough to be around that 4th spot and avoid getting fired for almost entire season which would be a perfect scenario.

It wouldn't be surprising if Wolves beat them next week despite their win today.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32335 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:37 pm »
The swaggah is back!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32336 on: August 11, 2019, 07:09:37 pm »
God I love this.

It’s been just over 18 months since they were last back and now they’re back again.

How do they do it? 

May as well give them the league now to be honest.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32338 on: August 11, 2019, 07:11:40 pm »
God I love this.

It’s been just over 18 months since they were last back and now they’re back again.

How do they do it? 

May as well give them the league now to be honest.

18 months?  ;D

Try about 5.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32339 on: August 11, 2019, 07:18:02 pm »
Chelsea had most possession
Most shots
Most shots on targets
Most corners....

Manchester United weren’t very good at football, but caught them on the sucker punch..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #32340 on: August 11, 2019, 07:52:22 pm »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #32341 on: August 11, 2019, 07:56:08 pm »
Has Cantona climbed out of his whole & posted on here yet??  :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32342 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:08 pm »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.

He is garbage. Good enough cross to Martial for the goal (with terrible marking) - but he's terrible. You should keep playing him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32343 on: August 11, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »
You’re good on the break though...but utterly crap elsewhere...

I’ve always thought your defensive problems were more to do with your midfield than anything else

Two of them are no where near good enough, and the other one?  The other one just looks on a different level at times and then at other times looks like it’s all beneath him...

Beanz
W

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32344 on: August 11, 2019, 09:09:31 pm »
Notwithstanding the scoreline, quite a few really good signs

AWB the anti-Trent in attack. When we play if those two ever touch the universe will end.

Pogba, moody and listless as ever, only springs into action at 4-0 for the opportunity to pad his stats, starts calling for the ball and waving his arms about angrily.

General midfield: championship level.

Captain Beefheart: Seems somehow even slower in red, and 100% with terrible header placement. Clearly worth just more than VVD Yoshida, just about.

Luke ate all the pies: huffing after 10 mins. Not seen after 20.

The crowd: From exuberant to groaning in 15 mins, then ecstatic certain title winners on a quick double against the run of play. This lot will be ripping everyone new ones before Sept is out.

Shaping up to be another excellent season
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32345 on: August 11, 2019, 09:49:04 pm »
Paul Pogba to RMC: “I always feel good when I play football. I am doing what I love, it is my job. I will give my all each time I’m on a green pitch. Now, we know, words have been spoken. The future will decide it all. We’re still at this question mark.”
Pogba still wanting to leave
W

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32346 on: August 11, 2019, 10:09:29 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #32347 on: August 11, 2019, 10:11:30 pm »
"Maguire looks like a steal, an absolute bargin"  ;D bassaka is the best right back in the League too. They were up against two young lads that played championship football last season.  ;D thought they were poor today.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32348 on: August 11, 2019, 10:29:05 pm »
Darling you got to let me know
Would you watch my fashion show?
If I pass to number nine
Will it get shinned over the line
So you got to let me know

It's always beanz beanz beanz
People think that I'm in my teens
Sent out on loans but now I'm back
The lynchpin of Man U's attack
Well come on, and let me know...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32349 on: August 11, 2019, 10:44:53 pm »
Darling you got to let me know
If I pass to number nine
Will it get shinned over the line
So you got to let me know

It's always beanz beanz beanz
People think that I'm in my teens
Sent out on loans but now I'm back
The lynchpin of Man U's attack
Well come on, and let me know...

Are you pop in disguise?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32350 on: August 11, 2019, 11:16:50 pm »
There was a really really odd comment from Solskjaer after the game....

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

Or am I being unreasonable?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:18:23 pm by Tepid T₂O »
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32351 on: August 11, 2019, 11:18:33 pm »

Yeah, I actually watched the match today as I was in the pub. Both teams were poor, but you’ve got some quick forwards in Martial and Rashford, and a player like Pogba who can pick a proper pass on the break, who punished Chelsea’s poor defending. Fair bit of luck too on the run of the ball. One of those games that looks like an annihilation if you only know the score and didn’t see the game.

I’m hoping Chelsea are this shit on Wednesday and Lampard hasn’t weirdly prioritised a Super Cup over league points...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32352 on: August 11, 2019, 11:38:58 pm »

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

For some situations, no. A typical allardyce, parachuted in as the January window closes, normally to a team with no budget is excellent at finding round holes for his round pegs. Maybe that's what United need....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #32353 on: August 11, 2019, 11:46:46 pm »

It works both ways - you can impose a style and buy the players to fit, or you can have some general principles of play, and adapt the rest to the players you have. Getting caught between the two stools is what catches most English/British managers out
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32354 on: August 12, 2019, 12:03:32 am »

Hes talking about their clothing, music and snapchat accounts.

Keep up, man!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #32355 on: August 12, 2019, 04:01:01 am »
Diverting little tidbit in the Mail (yes, I know) today.

Ed Woodward has encouraged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to start parking in the manager's spot at Manchester United's Carrington training ground.

The Norwegian was reluctant to use the space, given he saw it as 'the gaffer's (Mr. Ferguson's) spot' which he did not feel comfortable with taking.

However, executive vice chairman Woodward, perhaps wary of continued jibes that United live in the past, or perhaps of the radical opinion that the manager should park in the manager's parking space, is keen for the club to move forward and has made his feelings known.

:'(
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #32356 on: August 12, 2019, 04:09:52 am »
Diverting little tidbit in the Mail (yes, I know) today.

:'(

That's why Edwood "Woody" Woodwouldwood gets paid the big bucks. A shrewd move.
We are Liverpool!

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #32357 on: August 12, 2019, 04:15:43 am »
That's why Edwood "Woody" Woodwouldwood gets paid the big bucks. A shrewd move.

It's a results business, and the players probably thought the club hadn't hired a manager to replace Mourinho given that the parking space was invariably empty since last December. They needed to realize that the gnome in the human suit wasn't just there for ornamental purposes and that there was more to him than chirping "We are Man United" in a high-pitched voice.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #32358 on: August 12, 2019, 05:05:50 am »
With all the hullabo about VAR, defenders wrapping 2 arms around and blatant holding is ok I guess as long as it's outside the box because refrees will let it go. This is what the MOM absolute bargain defender and United's shiny new toy did just before the second goal.

Expect.a.lot.of such shithousery against us and commentators going Gaga over solid old school defenders.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32359 on: August 12, 2019, 06:22:29 am »
It works both ways - you can impose a style and buy the players to fit, or you can have some general principles of play, and adapt the rest to the players you have. Getting caught between the two stools is what catches most English/British managers out

but ole isnt british isnt he. thats what makes him special.

he's ole from molde!

got to admin the scoreline flatters them a bit. every counter attack seems to end up in the net. hope it's unsustainable.