Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 441785 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #8920 on: Yesterday at 06:54:16 pm »
Camera work excellent at RAW and felt fresh and new. A ton of great shots in there.

The Punk, Drew and Rollins segment was fantastic as well. Could've watched a whole night of that.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8921 on: Yesterday at 07:12:38 pm »
I'm not watching any of it, obviously, but from the outside in it looks like the story is Cody vs The Rock right now, no?  But they're not fighting one on one?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8922 on: Yesterday at 08:03:34 pm »
The build up for Mania has been brilliant and the Rocks inclusion has no doubt elevated it to a level it couldn’t have achieved otherwise. The only thing I would say is with it being this close to the end why couldn’t Roman just show up to both events consistently for the past month.

I get that he’s essentially part time and seen as a star attraction but surely he needed to be involved more cos he’s in the main event. A Hollywood actor in his 50s has shown him up recently to the extent it comes across like it should be The Rock vs Cody Rhodes at Mania.

I do wonder if he just didn’t want to work any more dates then he contractually has to or maybe the plan was to extract as much out of The Rocks probable final run, and it can’t be done with both appearing too often on the same day.

All that being said, i can’t remember the last time I was this hyped for Wrestlemania.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8923 on: Yesterday at 08:29:00 pm »
Yeah, I've booked Monday off work so I watch this live. Haven't done that in years.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8924 on: Yesterday at 09:43:28 pm »
I'm not watching any of it, obviously, but from the outside in it looks like the story is Cody vs The Rock right now, no?  But they're not fighting one on one?

It has changed a lot in recent times. Currently it’s Cody vs The Final Boss (with Mama Rhodes).

Roman Reigns is no longer involved either, been replaced by a WM28 version of the Miz.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8925 on: Today at 07:29:03 am »
One of the best shots I've seen in wrestling:

https://twitter.com/Noahhskyy/status/1772419306791272540
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8926 on: Today at 08:32:27 am »
WWE's booking of big angles has been on point recently so I'd be surprised if they didn't have a plan around re-elevating Roman ahead of Mania. I think I'm right in saying he's due to be on both remaining Smackdowns and on Raw next week too. But personally I don't think Roman looking like a little bro to Rock is an error... I think it's essential to the story they're telling.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8927 on: Today at 09:55:24 am »
WWE's booking of big angles has been on point recently so I'd be surprised if they didn't have a plan around re-elevating Roman ahead of Mania. I think I'm right in saying he's due to be on both remaining Smackdowns and on Raw next week too. But personally I don't think Roman looking like a little bro to Rock is an error... I think it's essential to the story they're telling.

I don't think the idea of it is an error, but I do think that it could have been hit harder. Roman subtly using Rock's power and influence to avoid matches would be fine, but it is not something that has been done enough on screen in my view. Roman's absence has been felt.

I do worry that they plan on making Roman the superface after his run ends and I don't necessarily see that ending well. They have always seen him as the face of his generation and he finally became that as a heel.