Author Topic: FM10 SPL World Domination Simulation Draft - Discussion thread!  (Read 21851 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: FM10 SPL World Domination Simulation Draft - Discussion thread!
« Reply #280 on: December 2, 2019, 08:29:46 pm »
A creative duo of Diego and Nasri are added to the Green and White revolution. A bit of arrogance and a bit of samba added to the tiki taka and the German steel. Teams really taking shape.

You going with Pep's 2-7-1 formation?  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: December 2, 2019, 08:31:42 pm »
Etoo was still at the peak of his powers and can help carry my team while Hazard and Neymar are developing.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #282 on: December 2, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »
You going with Pep's 2-7-1 formation?  ;D

Yeah. Attack attack attack.

Defending is for squares.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 2, 2019, 08:49:37 pm »

x

Ivanovic      Hummels     x               x

Pirlo 

Modric           Xavi 

x                                                x

Tevez

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #284 on: December 2, 2019, 08:51:22 pm »
I was wondering who'll be the first one to pick a player who's already gone and I hoped it wouldn't be me. Thank god for santa Claus... ;D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #285 on: December 2, 2019, 08:54:25 pm »
I was wondering who'll be the first one to pick a player who's already gone and I hoped it wouldn't be me. Thank god for santa Claus... ;D

He should be lucky the penalty isn't a forced pick of Paul Konchesky, but just a re-do  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 2, 2019, 09:14:02 pm »
Sneijder is a cracker. I considered him, he just doesn’t suit my formation.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 2, 2019, 09:20:29 pm »
There's another player in the same mold that I'm surprised hasn't been picked

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 2, 2019, 09:43:29 pm »
Is it my turn again? Didn't get a PM

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #289 on: December 2, 2019, 09:46:58 pm »
Is it my turn again? Didn't get a PM

Sorry Max, yes.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 2, 2019, 09:50:51 pm »
Sorry Max, yes.

No worries man. Its all good  ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 2, 2019, 09:56:23 pm »
I never played 2010 version much, but in 2012 version Hulk was as good as Messi and Ronaldo. His stats still look decent in this version.

A lot of pace and power up front with Torres and him.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #292 on: December 2, 2019, 09:57:13 pm »
I never played 2010 version much, but in 2012 version Hulk was as good as Messi and Ronaldo. His stats still look decent in this version.

A lot of pace and power up front with Torres and him.

Playing with him as an inside forward in FM10, he's brutal. I was worried about him not fitting in with Agüero and Pato though and being forced to act a winger from the left which would be bothersome. If I coached the team myself, he'd be a shoe-in from the right.
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 2, 2019, 10:00:39 pm »
Playing with him as an inside forward in FM10, he's brutal. I was worried about him not fitting in with Agüero and Pato though and being forced to act a winger from the left which would be bothersome. If I coached the team myself, he'd be a shoe-in from the right.

He is listed as a center forward in-game. He is pretty similar to Torres in style but his long-shots are amazing so he does bring other skills. I also have two very creative midfielders that like to thread through balls, having that raw pace upfront was a must.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #294 on: December 2, 2019, 10:02:43 pm »
He is listed as a center forward in-game. He is pretty similar to Torres in style but his long-shots are amazing so he does bring other skills. I also have two very creative midfielders that like to thread through balls, having that raw pace upfront was a must.

Indeed, it takes a lot of retraining to get him to play as a RW inside, but as a CF inside he also works wonders. The real devastation was when I had him in my three in the 4-2-3-1 in Napoli though. He scored fewer goals than in the front two, but he had playtime. Ronaldo-esque. He doesn't start the game at that level though so it takes good coaching, let's see if Motherwell have that  ;)
Linudden.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #295 on: December 2, 2019, 11:05:43 pm »
Trend will lose his shit if I tell you the truth about Bonucci and Godín on FM10 I'm afraid  ;D

The whole point is that Trend went a year too early on the pair of them! Godín can't head the ball for shit and Bonucci is an average Bari young first-teamer with development potential. I had him at Bari for a season and he was alright but definitely someone I didn't feel could carry that side, plain average. Well, well. Love hurts. At least he has Ramos.

Yes... I lose my shit.

Here is why:  Linudden, you

1.  asked us to research players for the 09-10 season and then 6 or 7 sim years after this
2.  reminded us to be smart and not go for the young ones that will never develop or the olds who retire (ahem Puyol)
3.  knew many of the drafters here are football fans not specific gaming fans --- but it seems insider knowledge is premium
4.  put in some important "field leveling" factors like draft order and 12th person accommodations
5.  but the hidden knowledge or index of player rankings for this year, how much players improve over sim and
6.  a whole host of questions goes unanswered then it leaks out into the forum by accident

Yeah I'm pissed...  I want to change my Bonucci and Godin picks --- and would not have picked Ramos so high nor Vidal -- but you see I am a football coach -- and I try to gain advantage in areas others choose to avoid; so I go out and find the best possible player over the entire period which I point to my team and feel relatively good. 

Yeah I'm pissed because this wastes my time if I do not have the resources or parameters for improvement -- and I do not enjoy playing the "guess-what-I-am-thinking-game" when it comes to world footy.

All that aside, I think you run a pretty fun draft -- and I like you and each drafter here --  very cool. 

It would have been nice to have a draft resource, website or a big list of players to avoid -- so as not to waste our time on drafting bloopers 101 gotcha games.

Done whinging now.  Gone kick somebodies ass and get sent off now.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 12:17:49 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #296 on: December 3, 2019, 12:37:36 am »
If others agree there might be mercy on Bonucci. I don't want people to draft someone by mistake if he broke through 0.5 years later etc. I'd be cool with that, so long as it's the very last pick after the wildcard round.

Godín and Vidal are way better than their peers in Hearts at the moment and are good players for a side top eight in the EPL. Those two are not the end of the world. It was just some banter, mate.

Júlio César and Ramos were top three in their respective positions in the world and Silva was an extremely technical playmaker to build the offensive play around. There's no doubt you should be proud of having them.

As for me, I didn't disclose any information about any player before a draft pick was made. I've also only picked famous players at the time, so it's not like I've done dirty there either. No-one can say Agüero, Pato, Chiellini, Kaká, Diarra, Maicon or Zárate were unknown quantities around back then. Even by the money of that time, their combined value would be close to £260 million.

We've all done picks and I think it's worked well when both the first and last draft picks have managed amazing teams.

I doubt anyone other than you will regret picks but if it's up to just me, you could de-select Bonucci once the draft is almost done  :wave
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 12:43:23 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 3, 2019, 12:43:55 am »

x

Ivanovic      Hummels     Subotic          x

Pirlo 

Modric           Xavi 

Tevez

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #298 on: December 3, 2019, 12:47:30 am »
                          x

Ivanovic      Hummels     Subotic          x

Pirlo 

Modric           Xavi 

Tevez

The Bermuda Triangle in real life  ;D Mowbray was already a pain in the ass to play against with his standard midfield. He did play it quite centrally with three attacking mids however, so make sure your wingers are versatile enough so that they can pass (in effect not be like Lennon or Walcott)! Modric back then was also capable of playing out wide if needed, for your information. I'd recommend at least one versatile player who could partner Tévez if Mowbray would get the boot also.

I'm very strict on not mentioning names though but that's just fair-game info. Anyone can PM and ask me stuff. I'm open for business  :wave
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 12:50:51 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 3, 2019, 12:51:29 am »
The Bermuda Triangle in real life  ;D Mowbray was already a pain in the ass to play against with his standard midfield. He did play it quite centrally with three attacking mids however, so make sure your wingers are versatile enough so that they can pass (in effect not be like Lennon or Walcott)! Modric back then was also capable of playing out wide if needed, for your information. I'd recommend at least one versatile player who could partner Tevez is Mowbray would get the boot also.

I'm very strict on not mentioning names though but that's just fair-game info.

Imagine playin Rondo with those 3  ;D ;D

Cheers, I forgot about his versatility back then.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #300 on: December 3, 2019, 12:52:43 am »
Imagine playin Rondo with those 3  ;D ;D

Cheers, I forgot about his versatility back then.

Imagine a Modric with speedy legs but just as fast a brain? No wonder Spuds beat us  ;D

Either way, KillieRed has sent me his whole drafting short list in a PM so even if he's in some underground bunker in Ayrshire with the dwelling's internet status stuck in 1983, at least his picks will be good for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 12:57:08 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 3, 2019, 01:31:21 am »
If others agree there might be mercy on Bonucci. I don't want people to draft someone by mistake if he broke through 0.5 years later etc. I'd be cool with that, so long as it's the very last pick after the wildcard round.

Godín and Vidal are way better than their peers in Hearts at the moment and are good players for a side top eight in the EPL. Those two are not the end of the world. It was just some banter, mate.

Júlio César and Ramos were top three in their respective positions in the world and Silva was an extremely technical playmaker to build the offensive play around. There's no doubt you should be proud of having them.

As for me, I didn't disclose any information about any player before a draft pick was made. I've also only picked famous players at the time, so it's not like I've done dirty there either. No-one can say Agüero, Pato, Chiellini, Kaká, Diarra, Maicon or Zárate were unknown quantities around back then. Even by the money of that time, their combined value would be close to £260 million.

We've all done picks and I think it's worked well when both the first and last draft picks have managed amazing teams.

I doubt anyone other than you will regret picks but if it's up to just me, you could de-select Bonucci once the draft is almost done  :wave

Fair enough.  Appreciate the thoughtful response - quite considerate.   

And for the record, in no way am I saying you are advantaging yourself in this.  No chance.

And as far as Bonucci, I changed my mind several times and found a few resources that might help me out of this mess --- so I'll take you up on the offer to exchange him at the end of the draft.  Would probably like to do the same with Vidal now that I know what I am dealing with --- but will not be hard done by if that is unable to occur.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 05:08:35 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 3, 2019, 07:05:05 am »
|-|

Sagna Pepe Vidic |-|

|-| Gerrard |-| Di Maria

Higuain Villa

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 3, 2019, 08:15:02 am »
                    Neuer

Richards   ||   Kompany   Marcelo

||        Fernandinho  Toure   ||

Suarez         Alexis

« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 10:41:37 am by KillieRed »

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #304 on: December 3, 2019, 10:30:23 am »
                         X

X      Otamendi     X     Ansaldi

Moutinho Sissoko
Ronaldo                             Mata

Dzeko Balotelli

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #305 on: December 3, 2019, 10:30:52 am »
Better on FM than real life.

I hope anyway ;D

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #306 on: December 3, 2019, 10:31:34 am »
Are we picking 12+ players now then? We're absolutely flying through this so i dont see why not.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #307 on: December 3, 2019, 10:42:59 am »
Are you going to draft managers?

Picking Bale is interesting. He plays anywhere up the left on this one, but mainly a left back.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #308 on: December 3, 2019, 10:48:52 am »
Are we picking 12+ players now then? We're absolutely flying through this so i dont see why not.

12 yes.

How many do you think there should be? A whole bench? Since there are three subs, I'm open to go to 14 if people want to but more than that kind of takes the charm away  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #309 on: December 3, 2019, 10:50:16 am »
Are you going to draft managers?

Picking Bale is interesting. He plays anywhere up the left on this one, but mainly a left back.

We've picked to the existing formations used in the game at the time, so those managers will stay on. That's another variable that makes it essential the smaller clubs go first: the latter simply have managers with higher ratings so the smaller clubs need all the help they can get. The level playing field will only be there after an XI has been picked.
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #310 on: December 3, 2019, 11:30:41 am »
I'd be happy having as many as 14. We will have picked 11 by tonight the rate its going.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #311 on: December 3, 2019, 11:39:21 am »
Whose go is it now?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #312 on: December 3, 2019, 11:43:58 am »
Whose go is it now?

I'll pick and then it's you. Trend has been asleep for one hour so  ;D He's in line to pick when he shows up!
Linudden.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 3, 2019, 11:50:26 am »
Booooooo for picking Evra.... :D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #314 on: December 3, 2019, 11:54:07 am »

"Hellre ökänd än okänd"  ;D

(Rather infamous than unfamous).
Linudden.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 3, 2019, 11:59:12 am »

I`m having t-shirts made up.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 3, 2019, 12:19:39 pm »
I`m having t-shirts made up.

I'll take two. That's how outraged I am...

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 3, 2019, 12:21:18 pm »

;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 3, 2019, 12:24:13 pm »

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 3, 2019, 12:26:07 pm »
I'll never get tired of that gif... :D