Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2091881 times)

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #13120 on: February 14, 2020, 08:49:02 am »
Well done mate. I assume Kop is gone?

nothing in kop atm

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13121 on: February 14, 2020, 08:50:16 am »
That's my point - it should: All databases have a time record of when a connection was made. Any basic queue should take it from that. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to who gets in where with this. It's just totally random. Has anyone from the club explained how the queueing system works at all?

There is no queue at 7.15. The queue starts at 8.15.

The site used to let you in depending on what time you got to the holding page like you're advocating but then dickheads kept on posting about it, the club saw it and changed it to a random queue allocation at 8.15. Don't blame the club, blame the dickheads who bragged about how easy the sales were because they got onto the website at 6am for every bulk sale.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13122 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:43 am »
That's my point - it should: All databases have a time record of when a connection was made. Any basic queue should take it from that. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to who gets in where with this. It's just totally random. Has anyone from the club explained how the queueing system works at all?

But how would that make it better?

Do you not think there a million other people on at 7:15 or before?

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #13123 on: February 14, 2020, 09:12:38 am »
There is no queue at 7.15. The queue starts at 8.15.

The site used to let you in depending on what time you got to the holding page like you're advocating but then dickheads kept on posting about it, the club saw it and changed it to a random queue allocation at 8.15. Don't blame the club, blame the dickheads who bragged about how easy the sales were because they got onto the website at 6am for every bulk sale.
That's easy to mitigate against though - if you have the credits/qualification, then that should be the check done first off. If you have that then who cares what time you get on - it's just a case of getting where you want to sit rather than where you have to. Databases are pretty easy to run that sort of check against.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #13124 on: February 14, 2020, 09:15:24 am »
Pre-login is one of the easiest thing that could implement, beyond me how they haven’t yet

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13125 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:16 am »
That's easy to mitigate against though - if you have the credits/qualification, then that should be the check done first off. If you have that then who cares what time you get on - it's just a case of getting where you want to sit rather than where you have to. Databases are pretty easy to run that sort of check against.

That's a completely different thing to a randomly allocated queue position though and not what your original post was about.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #13126 on: February 14, 2020, 09:30:42 am »
Pre-login is one of the easiest thing that could implement, beyond me how they haven’t yet

Even Everton have it. If you don't have the credits you can't even view the ticket page for that fixture.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #13127 on: February 14, 2020, 09:33:34 am »

I think a random queue allocation is probably the best way to go about it, just that they need to obviously implement some sort of pre login.

If it goes on how early people make a connection then it'll just become ridiculous with everyone loading up the site several hours before the sale

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13128 on: February 14, 2020, 09:36:41 am »
Which bit do you right click on and 'inspect' to see the queue position? Im doing a search for "var timer = setInterval( ()" in the console but its returning nothing.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13129 on: February 14, 2020, 09:39:36 am »
Even Everton have it. If you don't have the credits you can't even view the ticket page for that fixture.
right, it’s just so simple but would be effective to everyone

Offline Winckle

• Main Stander
« Reply #13130 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:40 am »
Which bit do you right click on and 'inspect' to see the queue position? Im doing a search for "var timer = setInterval( ()" in the console but its returning nothing.
Search the inspector for "queueposition".

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13131 on: February 14, 2020, 09:57:47 am »
I wasn’t eligible but I logged on at 9:30 just to see what’s what and it put me in the queue with “less than 20 mins”.

Offline PJJ

• Main Stander
  • We won it 6 times in Madrid
« Reply #13132 on: February 14, 2020, 10:45:42 am »
The website has been a joke since the November sales. Queues even for guaranteed away sales, problems with crashing and I've had difficulty with the drop boxes and payment pages. It's also obvious that tickets are being taken out of the general allocations for both home and away games and being allocated elsewhere. Given the 1000 or so who didn't complete the membership update there should be more tickets.

For all the improvements made in all areas of the club by FSG ticketing remains a disgrace.

This has been a season to remember. We've waited years for a team like this but the continuing contempt shown to supporters is tarnishing it for me sadly.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13133 on: February 14, 2020, 10:53:13 am »
Can someone tell me where the 1000 ticket from the fan update come from?

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #13134 on: February 14, 2020, 10:54:21 am »
Given the 1000 or so who didn't complete the membership update there should be more tickets.

If you compare additional members sales post christmas to pre Christmas then my personal view is it's quite obvious those EXTRA tickets have been put back into member sales. Still a nightmare to get, but that will never change due to the size of the club, not to mention that we are fucking class right about now.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #13135 on: February 14, 2020, 10:58:23 am »
Can someone tell me where the 1000 ticket from the fan update come from?
Think it's all based on the random figures spouted throughout the 'Ticket Touting' post... Although the extra sale that was put on for United did have a fair few hundred tickets up and that was after a small wait... whether it's actually a 1000, only the club know.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13136 on: February 14, 2020, 11:50:20 am »
Its not difficult to be transparent though.

People will complain about most things, but in my working experience you eventually manage expectations by being as honest as possible. The bad feeling is caused because the relationship between fans buying tickets and the ticket office has broken down due to numerous bad experiences with the website, lack of transparency on ticket numbers for finals and now standard games

Offline ORed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13137 on: February 14, 2020, 12:43:15 pm »
This pre log in (should it be introduced) can't come soon enough. Wouldn't surprise me to see queue sizes shrink to a quarter of the size they are now if it was implemented.

Seems daft the amount of money flowing through the club that they can't operate their own efficient website to serve the fans on one of the biggest supporter issues of all - tickets.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #13138 on: February 14, 2020, 12:46:01 pm »
This pre log in (should it be introduced) can't come soon enough. Wouldn't surprise me to see queue sizes shrink to a quarter of the size they are now if it was implemented.

Seems daft the amount of money flowing through the club that they can't operate their own efficient website to serve the fans on one of the biggest supporter issues of all - tickets.

A million times this must meet criteria before joining queue
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #13139 on: February 14, 2020, 12:59:40 pm »
Its not difficult to be transparent though.

People will complain about most things, but in my working experience you eventually manage expectations by being as honest as possible. The bad feeling is caused because the relationship between fans buying tickets and the ticket office has broken down due to numerous bad experiences with the website, lack of transparency on ticket numbers for finals and now standard games

The lack of clarity from the recent members update is a massive PR opportunity missed by the club. It would have been so easy to put the numbers out in the public domain and prevent all the negative spin on what is a positive move by the club.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #13140 on: February 14, 2020, 01:00:57 pm »

Has it been suggested that a pre login is being considered?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13141 on: February 14, 2020, 01:02:08 pm »

Only thing it will do is reduce the time you wait, and even then when you get in the site it will still be fastest finger!

Offline ORed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13142 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:39 pm »
Has it been suggested that a pre login is being considered?

Yeah, I seen on a Q&A about one of the recent bulks someone from the club mentioned they couldn't do it previously for whatever reason but its being looked at as a possibility now.
The reason they couldn't do it related to how much traffic their servers can handle I think. I'm sure it said they use a third party server / data base for the bulks so the site doesn't crash. Not sure how they'd have a third party implement the pre log in but at the moment its a joke.

Offline ORed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13143 on: February 14, 2020, 01:05:05 pm »
Only thing it will do is reduce the time you wait, and even then when you get in the site it will still be fastest finger!

Isn't that the main point? No one can get in because of the ridiculous wait times. Surely everyone would rather get in and have a chance than sit in a queue and have no chance at all.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13144 on: February 14, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »

It's also complete pot luck if you get the dropdown appear when tickets do re-appear on the site. Billions & billions of pounds and the system is complete shite.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13145 on: February 14, 2020, 01:13:24 pm »
Yeah, I seen on a Q&A about one of the recent bulks someone from the club mentioned they couldn't do it previously for whatever reason but its being looked at as a possibility now.
The reason they couldn't do it related to how much traffic their servers can handle I think. I'm sure it said they use a third party server / data base for the bulks so the site doesn't crash. Not sure how they'd have a third party implement the pre log in but at the moment its a joke.

Is it not just as simple as the software doesn't allow it?

The queue page comes before the login page, not the other way round

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13146 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:14 pm »
I know there’s some ticket websites you can’t even get in without an account, the fact any fucker can get on the ticket page at anytime is a problem

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13147 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:21 pm »
Isn't that the main point? No one can get in because of the ridiculous wait times. Surely everyone would rather get in and have a chance than sit in a queue and have no chance at all.

Well, not really

You might wait an hour because there's loads who don't qualify in the queue, but when you get in there's still tickets

Or you wait 15 mins but when you get in there's no tickets because everyone who got in before you qualified and bought them.

Pre logins will not make it easier to get tickets. Not at all.

It will just make queuing times quicker, but what's the point of a quicker queue if there's none when you get in?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13148 on: February 14, 2020, 01:17:35 pm »
I mean another way to reduce the queue time is limit everyone to only one browser.

But again, won't actually make it easier to get a ticket.

There's still as many people who qualify in front of you whether you have pre logins/everyone 1 browser or not.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13149 on: February 14, 2020, 01:20:07 pm »
I mean another way to reduce the queue time is limit everyone to only one browser.

But again, won't actually make it easier to get a ticket.

There's still as many people who qualify in front of you whether you have pre logins/everyone 1 browser or not.
no that’s fair but makes the process quicker for everyone

Offline ORed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13150 on: February 14, 2020, 01:22:01 pm »
Well, not really

You might wait an hour because there's loads who don't qualify in the queue, but when you get in there's still tickets

Or you wait 15 mins but when you get in there's no tickets because everyone who got in before you qualified and bought them.

Pre logins will not make it easier to get tickets. Not at all.

It will just make queuing times quicker, but what's the point of a quicker queue if there's none when you get in?

Appreciate what your saying about actually being able to get a ticket but that wasn't the point I was making in my first comment. I was referring to cutting down queue sizes. Seems ridiculous to have people waiting in queues for over an hour if a pre log in can be implemented.

Referring to your post about whether the website will allow it - I'm not sure. I was just passing on info that come from the club from one of the Q&As I seen recently where the person from the club said its a possibility they will look at.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13151 on: February 14, 2020, 01:23:17 pm »
I may be missing something really obvious, but it wouldn't make the process quicker. If they only let a certain amount of people on the site at once it wouldn't change the point where it sold out anyway, would it? The process gets quicker by more people being able to buy simultaneously as opposed to the maximum time in the queue being reduced, surely?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13152 on: February 14, 2020, 01:26:23 pm »
no that’s fair but makes the process quicker for everyone

Yes absolutely, it needs to happen.

Just saying people will have to find something else to blame then because it won't actually make it easier to get a ticket, just makes the whole process quicker, which obviously they should do.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13153 on: February 14, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »
Appreciate what your saying about actually being able to get a ticket but that wasn't the point I was making in my first comment. I was referring to cutting down queue sizes. Seems ridiculous to have people waiting in queues for over an hour if a pre log in can be implemented.

Referring to your post about whether the website will allow it - I'm not sure. I was just passing on info that come from the club from one of the Q&As I seen recently where the person from the club said its a possibility they will look at.

Fair enough.

Hopefully they listen to people's feedback and sort it out

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13154 on: February 14, 2020, 01:28:47 pm »
I may be missing something really obvious, but it wouldn't make the process quicker. If they only let a certain amount of people on the site at once it wouldn't change the point where it sold out anyway, would it? The process gets quicker by more people being able to buy simultaneously as opposed to the maximum time in the queue being reduced, surely?

But now 50% of the people they let into the site can be timewasters who don't qualify, so with pre login everyone who gets in buys and it sells quicker.

It will mean very little or no bouncebacks though for people who get in later

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13155 on: February 14, 2020, 01:33:55 pm »
I think you're pitching way above with 50%. I think this goes on far less than people think it does but there's no way of knowing I suppose.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13156 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:18 pm »
I think you're pitching way above with 50%. I think this goes on far less than people think it does but there's no way of knowing I suppose.

The amount of bouncebacks suggests there's loads basketing for the fun of it, but i can't for the life of me think why people would do this with their lives.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13157 on: February 14, 2020, 01:45:38 pm »
The way to make it fair and eliminate waiting times for everyone is to make it a ballot.  But the harder the process is, the fewer people are willing to put themselves through it, so for selfish reasons I hope the early starts and massive queues continue.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #13158 on: February 14, 2020, 01:53:47 pm »

Does happen a lot, it's not just odd weirdos doing it for the fun of it. There's Facebook ticketing groups that actively encourage people without criteria to basket for people in a sale and then post it in the group for those with criteria to claim. They do this under the pretense that it makes them a "top red" for helping other "top reds" out when all their doing is just making the lives of a credit hunter a lot easier. Also occasions where the credit hunter will offer their cards out to anyone who baskets for them and lets them have the ticket (sometimes for only half price or even free) as long as they can basket and get the credit.

I got invited into one of these Facebook groups (don't get involved in it obviously, just keep an eye on it out of interest) & it has 7,000 members. I imagine it's not the only group that does this either, say if there's a few more then that's probably a good few thousand people for each sale with dozens of browsers open attempting to basket tickets for randomers on Facebook. It's no surprise the site is the way it is

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13159 on: February 14, 2020, 01:58:00 pm »
The amount of bouncebacks suggests there's loads basketing for the fun of it, but i can't for the life of me think why people would do this with their lives.
hope the site glitches out and let’s them through with the purchase, the amount for UCL games is more than normal league games suggest it goes on quite a bit