Author Topic: Anfield Pitch  (Read 86786 times)

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
Re: Anfield Pitch
« Reply #160 on: March 9, 2015, 02:30:43 pm »
Only 50% serious, but I wonder if this could be part of the reason why we appear to be so good away.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 9, 2015, 02:38:22 pm »
Only 50% serious, but I wonder if this could be part of the reason why we appear to be so good away.

I think it's more to do with the fact that especially in the first half of the season we struggled to break teams down, and away from home they're more likely to attack us rather than going for the draw
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2015, 09:42:52 pm »
Just watched Bayern v Shaktar; the condition of the playing surface looks like it's the first game of the season. Considering 2 teams play at the Alianz, the grass looks brilliant.     How about trying to find out what particular seed/grass is planted. ?
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline AustrianRed

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2015, 09:55:48 pm »
Just watched Bayern v Shaktar; the condition of the playing surface looks like it's the first game of the season. Considering 2 teams play at the Alianz, the grass looks brilliant.     How about trying to find out what particular seed/grass is planted. ?
Allianz Stadium uses the hybrid grass-solution, Liverpool will do with the new pitch. All pitches at melwood where done with hybrid grass last year.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »
Allianz Stadium uses the hybrid grass-solution, Liverpool will do with the new pitch. All pitches at melwood where done with hybrid grass last year.
Anfield is already hybrid grass.
Seen us win everything

Offline sirrogerhunt

• Main Stander
  • Sir Roger in his prime
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2015, 11:21:42 pm »
When I walked past Melwood earlier today they were tearing up one of the training pitches and removing all the top soil.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2015, 11:26:06 pm »

If memory serves me correctly Alliance arena has a portable pitch. They can wheel the entire pitch out of the stadium.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:08 pm »
Anfield is already hybrid grass.
At the moment it's a hybrid of nylon and sand.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2015, 11:50:16 pm »
At the moment it's a hybrid of nylon and sand.

You stole my line. Fucker.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2015, 04:33:47 am »
If memory serves me correctly Alliance arena has a portable pitch. They can wheel the entire pitch out of the stadium.

I don't believe so. They have the same Desso Grassmaster we have but it's newer. 3% artificial sewn into the surface. The Veltins arena pitch is retractable (as is the Sapporo Dome and the big NFL stadium in Phoenix, Arizona) but I don't think Allianz is.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2015, 06:16:37 am »

I don't believe so. They have the same Desso Grassmaster we have but it's newer. 3% artificial sewn into the surface. The Veltins arena pitch is retractable (as is the Sapporo Dome and the big NFL stadium in Phoenix, Arizona) but I don't think Allianz is.

You're right, I knew I'd seen a bit of a doco with a pitch being rolled out in Germany. But only caught it flicking channels. Must have been Veltins, incidentally how is that working for them?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2015, 07:41:12 pm »
You're right, I knew I'd seen a bit of a doco with a pitch being rolled out in Germany. But only caught it flicking channels. Must have been Veltins, incidentally how is that working for them?

Toni Kroos thinks it's shite.

Goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcelo helped the reigning champion to a vital away win in the first leg of the round-of-16 tie, yet Kroos was not impressed by the conditions in Gelsenkirchen.“It was difficult and that was partially down to the state of the pitch," the Germany international told Sky. "It should not be an excuse, but the pitch was a catastrophe.”

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2015/02/18/9058622/kroos-schalke-pitch-a-catastrophe

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2015, 09:02:17 pm »
You stole my line. Fucker.

Haha.  Have you said it before or did I snipe you?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:54 am »
The fact we have more away games than home games left this season may actually be a help rather than a hindrance.

Offline AustrianRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2015, 11:01:19 am »
No, Allianz' pitch is not portable! Veltins Arena has a retrectable pitch system.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »

Haha.  Have you said it before or did I snipe you?

Sniped. Headshot :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #176 on: April 9, 2015, 10:04:10 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #177 on: April 9, 2015, 11:35:41 pm »
After playing on last night's disgrace,they'll be pretty glad to get back to anfield. All jokes aside,this is good news. The pitch is already 4 years past it's ten year life span.
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2015, 12:06:01 am »
The pitch is definitely going to be reseeded this summer apparently.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/04/exclusive-liverpool-confirm-anfield-pitch-improvements-will-take-place-this-summer/
It's been reseeded before hasn't it?  Isn't that just confirmation of a band-aid solution to a gaping wound and sounds like the full replacement pitch/irrigation system we need isn't going to happen?

Don't see this as good news to be honest.

My natural cynicism probably isn't helped by that article reading like a press release.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2015, 03:14:45 pm »
No new pitch next season. So much for Brendan thinking we're getting a new pitch then, I wonder how he took the news.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-new-pitch-liverpool-fc-9028018

Liverpool FC will not get a new pitch this summer – despite Brendan Rodgers’ complaints about the state of the Anfield playing surface.

However, the Reds will be able to carry out significant maintenance work to the existing pitch and club officials are confident it will be in much better condition for the 2015/16 season.

Last month it emerged that Liverpool’s plans to make improvements would be hampered by building work on the £100million redevelopment of the Main Stand which will add 8,500 extra seats to Anfield’s capacity.

Fears that contractors Carillion would need to place cranes on the pitch during June have now been eased and that means the pitch can be reseeded during the off-season.

But it will only be when building work is completed in the summer of 2016 that the pitch is ripped up and Liverpool finally get the new surface and new drainage system that Rodgers believes they desperately need.

Both the manager and the players have regularly complained this season that the state of the pitch slows down and hampers their passing game.

The current pitch is a ‘Desso GrassMaster’ – a combination of natural grass and artificial fibres. Some 20 million artificial grass fibres are injected 20cm deep and cover about 3% of the surface.

The natural grass roots intertwine with the artificial turf fibres and the result is a pitch that can take three times as much football as a normal, natural grass pitch. You don’t get clumps of turf being dislodged. The company’s list of clients also includes Wembley, Manchester City and Arsenal.

Liverpool are getting two new ‘Desso’ pitches installed at their Melwood training ground but sorting out Anfield has proved more problematic.

The current drainage and irrigation system dates back to 1998 and there is no state of the art sprinkler system.

Issues with Anfield’s previous natural grass pitch during Gerard Houllier’s reign back in the 1999/2000 season led to the club teaming up with ‘Desso’ in 2001.

Each summer since then extensive work has been carried out, with the natural grass removed and the surface reseeded. But industry experts says a pitch which was given around a 10-year life span is now 14-years-old.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »
No new pitch next season. So much for Brendan thinking we're getting a new pitch then, I wonder how he took the news.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-new-pitch-liverpool-fc-9028018

What a fucking joke this is.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »
What a fucking joke this is.

Presuming the cause is down to the fact the Main is being expanded, what option is there?

Hopefully the groundsmen can preempt what happened this season and put some measures in place for next season to deal with it and then it can all get sorted the summer after once the stand is fully done.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »
Presuming the cause is down to the fact the Main is being expanded, what option is there?

Hopefully the groundsmen can preempt what happened this season and put some measures in place for next season to deal with it and then it can all get sorted the summer after once the stand is fully done.

Doubt it Craig, tickets at 20 quid we won't be able to afford it.........
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2015, 04:03:08 pm »
Shillers gonna shill.

Remember kids, business before football. The deterioration of the 15 year old pitch with a 10 year life span has come as a shock to all of us.

Here's what Ged had to say a couple of years back of what usually happens every year.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/how-anfield-is-being-prepared-for-2013-14

..."We started work on the pitch on June 1," explained Ged. "Every year, like most clubs, we strip the pitch.

"We have a machine called a Koro - and that removes all the grass from the field. But first we spray the turf, four or five days before the last of the close-season events, and that makes the grass slowly die off.

"It goes very yellow. The Koro machine then strips the dead grass out. What remains underneath is something called the 'Desso Grassmaster'. This is a system - already in place - which weaves strands of grass into the pitch.

"It acts as reinforcement. So when the grass grows, the roots below the ground wrap themselves around plastic and have a firm hold there to reinforce the turf. That's why you don't see large clumps or divots, which roll up the grass...

..."We've had this system in place for 15 years. It was completed in 1998 - we're ready to replace that when we can afford it in the next couple of years.

The 9th richest club in the world couldn't even afford a new pitch. Maybe we should have a whip-round?

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2015, 04:06:46 pm »

There isn't an option. However, that doesn't excuse the neglect leading to this point. I'm sure Rodgers will be delighted.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:02 pm »
Shillers gonna shill.

Remember kids, business before football. The deterioration of the 15 year old pitch with a 10 year life span has come as a shock to all of us.

"We need a bigger capacity"

New Main Stand gets built which means a new pitch can't be laid.

"Business before football, why the hell are they building a new stand when we need a new pitch"

:butt

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »
"We need a bigger capacity"

New Main Stand gets built which means a new pitch can't be laid.

"Business before football, why the hell are they building a new stand when we need a new pitch"

:butt

It should have been replaced when its ten years were up, though.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »
Are we fucking skint? A top Premier League club that can't afford a new pitch.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »
Are we fucking skint? A top Premier League club that can't afford a new pitch.

Doesn't seem as though it's a question of finances, just time during the summer months.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »
Where does it say we can't afford it? I agree it's piss taking but it is what it is and should've been dug up years ago.  Where 4 years over its' 10 year life span.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2015, 04:27:21 pm »
Should have been done ages ago. Band aid.

Hopefully doesn't cut up next year again.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2015, 10:36:24 pm »
Jesus. That centre circle is getting worse by the week.

During the Newcastle game, it was like watching players trying to trap a bouncing bomb.  >:(

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2015, 10:54:51 pm »
Guess that's what happens when the decision makers at your club are 1000s of miles away, with a small outpost in London.

Unable to see issues until they are slap bang in your face
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2015, 10:56:04 pm »
Guess that's what happens when the decision makers at your club are 1000s of miles away, with a small outpost in London

And a huge 'outpost' in Liverpool.

Actually thought the pitch looked better than it has done for a while last night. Far from great like.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2015, 11:06:16 pm »
And a huge 'outpost' in Liverpool.

Actually thought the pitch looked better than it has done for a while last night. Far from great like.

We hadn't played on it in a while though.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »
We hadn't played on it in a while though.

Yeah I know that will of helped massively, just saying it looked better.

Hopefully, and it's obviously not the best option, they can use what they learned this year and try to prevent it next season until it can be redone after the building work.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
theres no game on it for the next 2.5 weeks

then another 2 then its finished for the season

im sure it will be in decent nick for two games. then we can sort something out in the summer.

the panic and outrage here is getting ridiculous as the new shirt thread whinging

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »
theres no game on it for the next 2.5 weeks

then another 2 then its finished for the season

im sure it will be in decent nick for two games. then we can sort something out in the summer.

the panic and outrage here is getting ridiculous as the new shirt thread whinging

Considering we play ball on the ground football and what the pitch has looked like the last couple of games and that rodgers himself has commented on it multiple times , I don't think its unfair that people are having a whinge and are concerned that it's not being relaid.

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »
Wasn't there an article on here,I think,saying it WOULD be sorted in the summer? If not on here,then I definitely read it on A forum. Hopefully it's true. Regardless of our style,it's 14years old and was only supposed to last 10.
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2015, 01:50:25 pm »
But it's not going to be sorted in the summer.  That's why people are annoyed about the situation.

So where you see whinging, some of us see a shit situation of our own making, which could impact our success on the pitch.

Hardly the same as arguing about shirt designs.