Author Topic: In Rodgers I trust.  (Read 10717 times)

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In Rodgers I trust.
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »
A display of support for our manager during a difficult period. We all stood by him last season so I hope those that did will continue to do so through the thick as well as the thin.

If this thread survives the lock button, then please use it as a vehicle to support Brendan; one of the best young managers around.

Neil D's banner...
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
Re: In Rodgers I trust.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 04:35:05 pm »
This thread is a feather and certain members are the wind.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:38:35 pm »
We are a team in transition,only problem we have is having the balls to make the difficult decisions.

The players will still pick up their massive wages whether they play shite or not.

The first thing we expect as fans & supporters is for the players to put in a shift & show the desire & determination-the fucking gutsy displays.

When that first hurdle is swerved..you are on the slippery slope to getting fucked over.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 04:42:56 pm »
Houllier went on a run of 6 points from 12 games. We finished 5th that season and 4th the next.
Rodgers is currently on 8 points from 9.

Perspective.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »
I trust brendan, he is manager of liverpool football club, that should be enough. For every red on Merseyside Brendan should be untouchable.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 04:50:13 pm »
I trust him ....I trust him to make the necessary decisions and stop pandering to people .....he deserves support because of what he brought us so close to last season and that is worth the backing alone .....the guy is having a tough time but tough times don't need short minded jibes ....he will get it right sooner rather than later ....YNWA BRENDAN RODGERS

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »
I can't trust a manager who doesn't trust his own players when they perform better and then get dropped for blue eye's. Sorry.

Here's a thought if you don't trust the manager why not stay out of this thread, that has been put up to back him?

He has some hard decisions ahead of him, but I believe he can still change things around. Be brave and bold Brendan.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »
Houllier went on a run of 6 points from 12 games. We finished 5th that season and 4th the next.
Rodgers is currently on 8 points from 9.

Perspective.

Also, Chelsea and Manchester City weren't contenders and usually didn't occupy places in the top four.

Perspective.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »
Next month is absolutely crucial starting on Wednesday night.   IF we scrape through the CL group phase and get past Bournemouth in the LC as well as picking up a couple of wins from Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland with a result at OT then things will look promising especially if Sturridge is finally nearing fitness.  On the other hand we could face a nightmare 8 days with a dead rubber against Basle, a spanking at OT and humiliation at Bournemouth.  Fans NEED to get behind the manager.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:05:34 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 05:02:31 pm »
The fact this thread even exists, or needs to, 12 league games after coming so close to the title is a sad indictment of football today.

Belief, support, dignity.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 05:02:49 pm »

You guys!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »
I want the best manager available for the club & at the moment I believe this is Rodgers.

Trust has little to do with it & personally its pretty fluid with managers unless they have achieved great things with the club.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 05:04:27 pm »
Support the team, now! Support the boss manager we have, now! We are Liverpool, we back our managers (apart from whoppers like hodge)

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »
The fact this thread even exists, or needs to, 12 league games after coming so close to the title is a sad indictment of football today.

Belief, support, dignity.

Spot on mate.

To the people who've contributed very poorly to this thread, I stated in the op that it was started as a vehicle for people to post their support for the manager. If you don't want to do that then no problem, but please take your negative comments elsewhere.  :wave
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline EasyRider

• Narrow Minded. Doesn't get it. Probably never will
  • Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »
Giving managers too long that have clearly run out of ideas since 1990. The Liverpool Way.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 05:06:09 pm »
Spot on mate.

To the people who've contributed very poorly to this thread, I stated in the op that it was started as a vehicle for people to post their support for the manager. If you don't want to do that then no problem, but please take your negative comments elsewhere.  :wave

Ok i'll remove mine.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »
Its getting hard. We are so freckin near the relegation zone.

Since this is a positive thread....here is why I am still optimistic. We still have a more than decent squad. A competent manager will be able to get more from these players (even without Sturridge).

The ball is in Rodger's court.....does he want to be known as a competent manager or does he want to pander to a few senior players (and a landlord) and seal his fate as someone who is only good enough to manage a small team.

I still think Rodger is capable. But he has to act now. Get the balance of the team right and pick the players who will make the team tick. I have made my point over Gerrard as a DM. I have made my point over playing with a  lone striker. (And many here have made similar points).

Rodger has to know....We fans will support him if he ditches the non-performers. So he has to grow some balls and do the right thing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:09:43 pm by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »
I want to support him, I really do but it is like desperately holding on to one hand of someone who is falling from a cliff and worse, when that someone himself jumped in first place.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »
Ok i'll remove mine.

Cheers mate. You're fully entitled to your opinion but this thread pretty much is exactly what it says on the tin  :P

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »
He needs help. Now. He looks lost and needs direction and a helping hand and I don't think he's getting it. Meulensteens' comments hit the nail on the head and he must act quickly. He needs someone now who can help him and challenge him before it's too late. The same tactics and mistakes are being made every week, someone who could challenge Rodgers might just be what's required.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:46 pm »
Deserves the whole season.

However, he needs to drop his favourites. Everyone including the players know who they are. Tighten the ship before it sinks.

And dont buy no more shit anymore. If you need help identifying whos shit ask us. Majority of the fans knew we needed a GK, CB, DM and striker. 120 million should of got top class talent for that, from top teams. Have belief we dont need to always shop at lowly clubs.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »
I don't understand him anymore.
That's all really.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »
He needs to change things quickly now....stop starting with his favourites(Lovren, Gerrard, Johnson and Skrtel) and start picking an XI which can play as a team. Just get till January with a chance at the 4th spot and the try and kick on from there with hopefully Sturridge returning and a new striker in the books

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 05:24:22 pm »
Deserves the whole season.

However, he needs to drop his favourites. Everyone including the players know who they are. Tighten the ship before it sinks.

And dont buy no more shit anymore. If you need help identifying whos shit ask us. Majority of the fans knew we needed a GK, CB, DM and striker. 120 million should of got top class talent for that, from top teams. Have belief we dont need to always shop at lowly clubs.

I've mostly thought that until now. But now is the first time that I'm starting to actually question it.

Why? Based on just last season? It could go both ways. You could argue that Rodgers deserves the whole season based on what he and the team managed to achieve last season. But we've also fallen so so far away from that, and so does he really deserve a whole season if things continue as they are, and after being the main culprit for our regression in such a short amount of time?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »
I don't understand him anymore.
That's all really.

Seriously this thread has been done to support the manager. If you don't agree just refrain from posting on it. It really isn't difficult.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »
He needs help. Now. He looks lost and needs direction and a helping hand and I don't think he's getting it. Meulensteens' comments hit the nail on the head and he must act quickly. He needs someone now who can help him and challenge him before it's too late. The same tactics and mistakes are being made every week, someone who could challenge Rodgers might just be what's required.

Losing games should be the biggest 'challenger' there is.

We all get tested sooner or later in our jobs, this is Brendan's time. As someone mentioned, support for the manager shouldn't even need saying after last season's work, but such is the manic nature of football these days that I suspect many on here wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked after the champions league game. Compared to how it was in the 90s under Evans, then later Ged....it's insane. Sure we would grumble about every thing under the sun after a poor result, but you can almost feel a tension here where every game the manager doesn't lead us to a draw or win is grounds for questioning his suitability. Almost feels like a Latin mentality.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »
Well intentioned as this topic is, it is also an open invitation to the snides amongst us. It will inevitably mutate into discussion about the manager's future.  We don't do that on RAWK midseason.