Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 234760 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2019, 07:45:56 pm »
I want us to be all over them, like fucking rabid dogs. Robbo and Trent bombing left and right, fucking smash them lads...

We can have both.  ;D 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2019, 07:48:37 pm »
Why does this have to be so long away?

To give them (Spurs) half a fucking chance.

They're utter shite.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2019, 07:49:49 pm »
For those of you who keep stats: when was the last time we won a trophy with a relatively easy final? The 2012 LC final went to penalties, the 06 FA Cup had *that* Gerrard goal and also went to penalties, and obviously we know what happened in Istanbul.

I'm just asking 'cause... I'd rather this one be hassle-free. We turn up, 2 or 3 goals up to nil, trophy won. No last minute dramas, no extra time, no penalty shoot-out, nothing of the sort. Just a confident win. Is that too much to ask? ;D

SPOILER ALERT: probably yes. We never do things the easy way :P

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2019, 07:51:48 pm »
For those of you who keep stats: when was the last time we won a trophy with a relatively easy final? The 2012 LC final went to penalties, the 06 FA Cup had *that* Gerrard goal and also went to penalties, and obviously we know what happened in Istanbul.

I'm just asking 'cause... I'd rather this one be hassle-free. We turn up, 2 or 3 goals up to nil, trophy won. No last minute dramas, no extra time, no penalty shoot-out, nothing of the sort. Just a confident win. Is that too much to ask? ;D

SPOILER ALERT: probably yes. We never do things the easy way :P

Someone earlier mentioned the 2003 League Cup final, we beat United 2-0.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:43 pm »
You can see the burning desire and determination in our players to win and I hope we have everything going our way on the night and they get a reward for the incredible hard work and determination they have put in.

ONE LAST PUSH RED MEN!

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:54 pm »

ooohhh, thanks for replying!

and even that win was an outlier, considering how the trophies in the Treble Season were won ;D

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 12, 2019, 07:56:34 pm »
I wont survive not winning the CL now. :/

that is an option also... however look at the big picture.. we are among the best two teams in world atm and we are going nowhere.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #527 on: May 12, 2019, 08:00:58 pm »

I can't think of too many apart from Everton in 86, and then we came back from a goal down to win 3-1, maybe Sunderland in 92 which was 2-0 and was a grim match but a stroll in the end for us or Borussia in 77

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: May 12, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »
I want to smash them so bad they regret even making the final. This is the European Cup, this is our domain, fuck off Spurs
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #529 on: May 12, 2019, 08:12:34 pm »
Just remain focused and win this for our Manager.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: May 12, 2019, 08:13:06 pm »
Cup final so no firm favourites.

Spurs might think an English team is less daunting and they have nothing to lose together with momentum but 3 weeks takes that away.

For us statically this past 5 months we are far better team than them both in the prem and CL, more finals, more match winners, better defence and I suspect we are sharper.

We really have to be clinical and get in there early.

Nervous already!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: May 12, 2019, 08:16:59 pm »
We got to impose ourselves from the get go start well and be cllinical imo must take the lead

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: May 12, 2019, 08:17:18 pm »
So we can rest. They look knackered.

This. The absolute balls on our players today after the effort they put in Tuesday they where spent and yet gave it everything for the win. The rest is going to do them the world of good.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: May 12, 2019, 08:40:35 pm »
I just wanna say......20 days from now, We will be the talk of the whole world  and man city fans will be f**king jealous of us. Can't wait.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: May 12, 2019, 08:42:26 pm »

Spurs might think an English team is less daunting and they have nothing to lose together with momentum but 3 weeks takes that away.

For us statically this past 5 months we are far better team than them both in the prem and CL, more finals, more match winners, better defence and I suspect we are sharper.

Nervous already!

People keep making the mistake of thinking this is an "All English" final.  It isn't.

Spurs aren't facing an English side.  They're facing a European one.  One of the most feared on the continent.

Yes, anything can happen in a knockout and I'm not going to insult Spurs by suggesting they don't deserve to be in the final - they do.  But like I said - they're not facing Barcelona in a dead rubber group match.  Away goals wont save them this time.  It's about as level a playing field as you could hope for.

That said, I just want a comfortable win in normal time.  No more nail biters!

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #535 on: May 12, 2019, 08:44:24 pm »

Nervous already!

Que?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #536 on: May 12, 2019, 08:47:09 pm »
We can now focus 100% on this game,  hopefully we will have a full squad to train in the next 2-3 weeks and choose from on the night.  A really tough game awaits, let's hope our experience of finals over  the past 4 years helps the lads, we know the ground will be 80% covered in Red so no need to worry about what is going on in the stands.  Getting down to the football, well no predictions from me just yet, that will come later taking out the emotion of this season and our league performance & position (as it will count for nothing in Madrid) we have 1 team standing between  us and our 6th European Cup, and I would fancy  this manager and team, these fans against any  team in the world. But it isn't just  any  team is it?
(insert Mr. Ferguson's "Lads Its Tottenham") but it's a team we know well and there is no way after the hurt of last season & this season that we are going  to let  these rock up in Madrid and snatch our destiny from us are we? 
A huge night awaits and each man will need to sweat blood for this, but aswel as the application the quality needs to be there.  Just be clinical please reds , that's all i ask.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:49:07 pm by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: May 12, 2019, 08:49:04 pm »
I just wanna say......20 days from now, We will be the talk of the whole world  and man city fans will be f**king jealous of us. Can't wait.

Man City fans have been jealous of us for a long time.  What sort of fans are more interested in singing about us than their own team when they win the league?   Don’t think East Manchester understands Europe, long may it continue.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: May 12, 2019, 08:49:43 pm »
Yeah coz it’s on plate 😕 talk like this on here makes me laugh. We are derserved favourites but it’s 90 minutes of football anything can happen. I’m confident myself and we should beat them but form is nothing in this.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: May 12, 2019, 08:49:44 pm »
Man City fans have been jealous of us for a long time.  What sort of fans are more interested in singing about us than their own team when they win the league?   Don’t think East Manchester understands Europe, long may it continue.
what  were they singing today?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: May 12, 2019, 08:51:09 pm »

Being mentioned in this thread - this is the closest Man City have ever been to a European Cup final. ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #541 on: May 12, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »
I haven't wanted a trophy more.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #542 on: May 12, 2019, 09:10:16 pm »
What are we going to do for 3 weeks? Anyone know what the plan is? I’ve read there will be another camp in Tenerife or somewhere.
YWNA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2019, 09:13:56 pm »
What are we going to do for 3 weeks? Anyone know what the plan is? I’ve read there will be another camp in Tenerife or somewhere.

At this point after this season, I need to go to Tenerife myself, I'm exhausted

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2019, 09:14:03 pm »
Just avoid complacency.  Barca thought they had it won - let's not end up like them!

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2019, 09:23:46 pm »
Just avoid complacency.  Barca thought they had it won - let's not end up like them!

These lads aren't complacent they've shown that all year long

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »

Not a chance we're complacent with Spurs, they routinely cause us issues in the league, the lads will be wary, but we're better than them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2019, 09:28:20 pm »

Too right Nick. We have three weeks of being back to our angriest selves for the final. Let's go again Reds.

Also think about poor Tepid stuck at a cricket match instead of commentating on the game.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2019, 09:28:39 pm »

Same here now. After Kiev, then the disappointment today, I badly want this one. The smart people out there in the football fan and media world have been saying just how good we have been and rightly giving us credit, but the bellends still talk total and utter shite, shite that needs rammed right down their bakes.
Seems an eternity away like, but I hope we perform to our max and tear Spurs a new one.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:06 pm »
It's coming home!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:14 pm »

They are in next two days then off for four days.

Then warm weather training and in Madrid a few days before.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: May 12, 2019, 09:52:32 pm »
If we win the champions league, is this our greatest ever team? 97 points and champions of Europe.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: May 12, 2019, 10:25:33 pm »
BREAKING: Madrid police have raised concerns that Tottenham fans may take flares to the stadium on 1st June.

Because that’s what they wore the last time they were in a European final.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: May 12, 2019, 10:39:30 pm »
The excitement levels are already off the radar for this one. Keep telling myself to stay out of the thread for a week but can't resist.  Cant take another CL loss Milan 07, Kiev last year, starting to think i should stay away from Madrid.  My record,  been 3 won 1.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: May 12, 2019, 10:44:25 pm »
We are a good side and so are they. But I have seen enough of us this season. if we become angry and determined, we will want to win all our 1v1 battles. When Spurs become angry/frustrated. They will get yellow and red cards. I am confident of this

Online unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #555 on: May 12, 2019, 10:52:30 pm »
Absolutely can't wait for this.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: May 12, 2019, 11:03:22 pm »
The drive in the lads to win this after today will be ridiculous.   !!
Agreed.

I take nothing away from Spurs. They did really well to get here. I respect them a ton. They have a fantastic manager. And they will of course be striving 100% to win the final.

But our boys will be insanely driven to win it. The disappointment of last year. The confidence instilled in them by the success of this year, followed by losing the PL on the final day. And lastly, they love Klopp and want to kill this ridiculous notion that he can't win a final anymore. They'll run through brick walls for him to win this trophy.

We are better than Tottenham, more experienced than them, with more reason to win it. The only way Spurs beat us is with a fluke red card/penalty or some freakish goal.

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #557 on: May 12, 2019, 11:06:41 pm »
Sorry Spurs but we lost the EL final in 2016 and CL final last year, we are fucking winning it in Madrid.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: May 12, 2019, 11:12:17 pm »
The desire is incredibly strong, we got to fight one more time and get it done. We have all the motivation in the world and the talent and ability now we have to perform one last time

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: May 12, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »
What's the news on Firmino? Need every swinging dick back for this one.