Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4567408 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Fat Orange Nixon
« Reply #42080 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:01 pm »
US 'to quit UN human rights council'

The US is set to pull out of the United Nations Human Rights Council, unnamed UN officials say.

The US UN envoy Nikki Haley and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo are set make the announcement later on Tuesday.

Ms Haley last year accused the council of "chronic anti-Israel bias" and said the US was reviewing its membership.

Formed in 2006, the council has been criticised for allowing countries with questionable human rights records to be members.

UN officials have not commented on the expected US announcement. "We will wait to hear the details of that decision before commenting further," said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric.

The reported move comes amid intense criticism over the Trump administration's policy of separating child migrants from their parents at the US-Mexico border.

UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad called the policy "unconscionable".

Meanwhile the campaign group Human Rights Watch criticised President Trump's human rights policy as "one-dimensional".

"The UN Human Rights Council has played an important role in such countries as North Korea, Syria, Myanmar and South Sudan, but all Trump seems to care about is defending Israel," said HRW executive director Kenneth Roth.

What is the UN Human Rights Council?
Created in 2006 to replace the UN's Human Rights Commission, which was widely discredited for electing member states with questionable track records on human rights
All of the 47 members are elected for three-year terms
The council aims to shine a spotlight on rights abuses by adopting resolutions but has faced similar criticism to the commission
In 2013, human rights groups complained when China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Algeria and Vietnam were elected to the body
The US only joined in 2009 under President Barack Obama. It is midway through its current term

In her first address to the council a year ago, Ms Haley said it was "hard to accept" that resolutions had been passed against Israel yet none had been considered for Venezuela, which at the time saw dozens of protesters killed during political turmoil.

"It is essential that this council address its chronic anti-Israel bias if it is to have any credibility," she said.

Israel is the only country that is subject to a permanent standing agenda item, meaning its treatment of the Palestinians is regularly scrutinised.

Leaving the council would would be the latest rejection by the US of multilateral efforts, including the Paris climate agreement and the Iran nuclear deal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/44537372

This is getting beyond a joke. Seriously someone just send them all into space. Let the aliens decide what they want to do with this vile ignorant garbage piece of a shithole government.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #42081 on: June 19, 2018, 08:37:52 pm »
Sessions:- This isn't exactly the same as one of the worst things that happened in the history of our species.

"Fundamentally, we are enforcing the law"

Weren't the nazi's enforcing the law at the time also?

And ‘work makes free’, sounds a rather noble sentiment in another context than above the gates of a concentration camp.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #42082 on: June 19, 2018, 08:42:22 pm »
Looks like he going up the trade war with China, they are saying he wants a list of goods he can put a 10% tariff on to cost China $200b.

China have said they will do the same to the USA.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #42083 on: June 19, 2018, 08:46:34 pm »

Ms Haley said it was "hard to accept" that resolutions had been passed against Israel yet none had been considered for Venezuela,
Some classic whataboutism there.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42084 on: June 19, 2018, 08:48:16 pm »
Looks like he going up the trade war with China, they are saying he wants a list of goods he can put a 10% tariff on to cost China $200b.

China have said they will do the same to the USA.

He is playing a dangerous game.

Why pharmaceuticals could be the prescription for trade warfare that truly hurts America

Article is talking about the Canadians but there's nothing stopping the Chinese from doing the same.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #42085 on: June 19, 2018, 08:50:06 pm »

And ‘work makes free’, sounds a rather noble sentiment in another context than above the gates of a concentration camp.
The way he handled questions on Japanese internment camps was a warning sign for this. It was pointed out at the time too so people cannot claim there was no warning for these.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42086 on: June 19, 2018, 08:51:24 pm »
Doesn’t China hold most of the US debt?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42087 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:57 pm »

Nothing they can do about those bonds though,suppose they could sell them but what would be the point of that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42088 on: June 19, 2018, 08:53:12 pm »

Thats the nuclear option, quite literally.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42089 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:37 pm »
Just been watching a vid in the Trump video thread.

One particular segment from Morning Joe.

He really is the spouter of newspeak.

Every word that comes from him is a twisting of the truth, a deflection, or an out and out lie.

Absolutely nothing he says (outside of his cult) has any credibility, for anyone with half a brain.

It's actually quite disturbing, and frightening.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42090 on: June 19, 2018, 09:17:38 pm »
Just been watching a vid in the Trump video thread.

One particular segment from Morning Joe.

He really is the spouter of newspeak.

Every word that comes from him is a twisting of the truth, a deflection, or an out and out lie.

Absolutely nothing he says (outside of his cult) has any credibility, for anyone with half a brain.

It's actually quite disturbing, and frightening.

He is a real estate salesman, that’s a double negative as far as BS artist goes.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42091 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
US President Donald Trump has defended his policy of splitting up families entering the US illegally, defying a growing chorus of condemnation.

Speaking at a business convention, Mr Trump said children had to be taken away if their parents were jailed for illegally crossing the US border.

The president had earlier sparked outrage for tweeting that undocumented immigrants would "infest" the US.

Mexico's foreign minister has called the US policy "cruel and inhuman".

Mr Trump is meeting Republican lawmakers later to discuss a bill that proposes to curb the policy.

"I don't want children taken away from parents," Mr Trump said. "When you prosecute the parents for coming in illegally - which should happen - you have to take the children away."

Meanwhile, Mr Trump faced criticism for his choice of language on Tuesday after tweeting that immigrants threatened "to pour into and infest our Country".

What are migrants' countries of origin saying?

Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray Caso said on Tuesday that the separation of children from parents at the US border was "cruel and inhuman", and clearly violated human rights.

The Salvadoran foreign ministry issued a statement on Monday saying the US policy was "exposing children to extremely adverse conditions".

Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez said: "Our position is that families should not be separated."

A lawyer defending the detained immigrants tells the Boston Globe that several of her clients had been told by Border Patrol agents that their children were being taken to be bathed - a tactic that has drawn further comparisons to the Holocaust.

As the hours passed the mothers began to realise their children were not going to be immediately returned, according to lawyer Azalea Aleman-Bendiks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44538110

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42092 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:59 pm »
Pretty much exactly this.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #42093 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:35 pm »
In her first address to the council a year ago, Ms Haley said it was "hard to accept" that resolutions had been passed against Israel yet none had been considered for Venezuela, which at the time saw dozens of protesters killed during political turmoil.

"It is essential that this council address its chronic anti-Israel bias if it is to have any credibility," she said.

Israel is the only country that is subject to a permanent standing agenda item, meaning its treatment of the Palestinians is regularly scrutinised.

Leaving the council would would be the latest rejection by the US of multilateral efforts, including the Paris climate agreement and the Iran nuclear deal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/44537372

This is getting beyond a joke. Seriously someone just send them all into space. Let the aliens decide what they want to do with this vile ignorant garbage piece of a shithole government.

That's what Space Force is for

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42094 on: June 19, 2018, 10:23:13 pm »
This is not funny anymore.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #42095 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:25 pm »
There is nothing to understand or sympathise with if its reasons like abortion though. You cannot reason with people like that.

The argument that abortion is wrong is simple to understand and so should be easy to argue against.
This sentence is not provable

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42096 on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:12 pm »

Definitely. He has done and said some stupid things but the decision with migrants is without doubt the worst.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42097 on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:59 pm »
Hopefully this leads to renewed pressure on Theresa May to cancel his UK visit.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42098 on: June 19, 2018, 10:48:38 pm »
The argument that abortion is wrong is simple to understand and so should be easy to argue against.

Its easy to argue against but a bit harder to make someone change their mind.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42099 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:15 pm »

I almost started arguing with him, but it would have turned into WW3 and wrecked our working relationship.

Part of the problem imo.  Don't need to challenge or argue with them, but you do need to call them out on it. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42100 on: June 19, 2018, 11:03:19 pm »

When was it funny?

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #42101 on: June 19, 2018, 11:23:13 pm »

Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Bill Nelson were denied access to the Homestead Temporary Shelter For Unaccompanied Children when they went to visit today.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #42102 on: June 20, 2018, 12:00:09 am »
Debbie can fuck off.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42103 on: June 20, 2018, 01:27:55 am »
In truth, this is the sort of thing I imagine (and hope) would turn them off Trump, her mum definitely, knowing her. And, as I said, it wasn't Trump they are in favour of, they are fully cognizant of the fact he's a shitty human being and were never remotely part of the MAGA crowd, it was the fact he said he'd let individual states determine their own abortion laws that swung it, apparently.

But you can verify their position now - you don't have to imagine and hope. If they are standing besides Trump on the migrant children issue then they are morally reprehensible.

I do not believe that the office of the presidency has any influence over states rights. With abortion, the one thing that Trump did was to pull federal funding from foreign aid programs if they even discussed abortion.

People who support Trump will find any excuse to cover up their moral delinquency even if the excuse is not rooted in reality.

I can't reconcile supporting a man who has forced his mistresses to get abortions if abortion is your do or die issue.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42104 on: June 20, 2018, 01:28:29 am »

It never was. America elected this guy knowing who he was.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42105 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:31 am »
Definitely. He has done and said some stupid things but the decision with migrants is without doubt the worst.

What do you mean? He already wants to kick out productive people born in America. He did that and blamed Democrats. This is not new. It just is more televisable. No less cruel and mean.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:33:20 am by Giono »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42106 on: June 20, 2018, 06:22:52 am »
I'd say we should maybe reach out because, currently, it's the right that is in power on both sides of the Atlantic, and it's worth doing whatever we can to ensure they get voted out at the earliest opportunity. Or we could just snipe mindless vitriol in their general direction. I do that myself most days if I'm honest and yeah, it's weirdly satisfying and cathartic, but sometimes I stop and think "what the fuck am I actually achieving here?" although it normally doesn't last long and then I go right back to laughing at/being appalled by the wannabe fascists whining about the MSM and how we need to Free Tommy. It's not very productive though.
I agree. And, like you, I too sometimes - counterproductively - find it cathartic to give a piece of mind to those supporting Trump, Brexit, or some other obviously stupid or vile position. But if they are - as some of those posting this thread suggest - irredeemable, and not worth the effort of attempting to engage them in a meaningful discussion, then we all are lost. Nothing will change. I see this as a potential self-fulfilling prophesy. It is only through dialogue that we can possibly hope to change things. Yeah, we can punch and bloody noses, but that only tends to entrench the views of those we wish to change.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42107 on: June 20, 2018, 08:25:42 am »
Hopefully this leads to renewed pressure on Theresa May to cancel his UK visit.

She needs him. She and her cabinet started down the road to isolate itself from the Europe and now she needs a Big Brother to cozy up to for trade and protection. There`s a new Axis forming and our government has chosen which side it wants to be on.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42108 on: June 20, 2018, 09:34:21 am »

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:35:59 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42109 on: June 20, 2018, 09:43:03 am »
I watched the first five minutes of this.  It was too scary to watch anymore.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YyPaWMYA6CQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YyPaWMYA6CQ</a>

"Casa Padre".  Lovely name for a detention centre.

Journalists are refused entry.  Where Journalists are allowed in, photographs are not allowed; only government issued images.  Journalists are not allowed to talk to the children.

Nobody seems to know where many of the girls and babies are.

Donald Trump is using babies as leverage for his God Damned Wall.

Just call him The Monster in the White House and be done with it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #42110 on: June 20, 2018, 09:47:00 am »
They get worse with each passing day.....

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1009225287756902402

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #42111 on: June 20, 2018, 09:58:09 am »

I agree - it's utterly disgusting. Watching Kristen Nielsen defending the separation policy is making me feel physically sick. They are all fucking liars and all as bad as Trump.

Utter scum the lot of them.

And going back to the argument about not all Trump voters being 'deplorable'... Fuck that. You voted for this shite you take full responsibility. Trump, Bannon, Miller, Sessions, Kelly, Huckabee-Sanders and the fucking rest of them.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42112 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:33 am »
Oh and Nielsen - if it's essential that the law is enforced:

Trump administration tells court it won't defend key provisions of the Affordable Care Act

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/trump-admin-aca/index.html
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42113 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:00 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trump can not and is not going to initiate any kind of nationwide anti abortion legislation? 

So really if people are voting for him based solely on him being supposedly anti abortion (yeah, right) then they're pretty much pissing in the wind because voting for Trump wont change anything?

To the people it matters to, abortion might be a dumpster truck worth of shit.  But with Trump you're facing that off against a mountain of shit.  People who vote for Trump are complicit in traumatising the lives of thousands of people.

There are people on these very boards who have gone through trauma and abuse.  Look at those kids.  You think something like this isn't going to leave its mark on those children?  They'll carry this forever.  As will the parents.

What happens when somebody dies in custody?  It will happen eventually.  For that matter, how many of those kids have had vaccines?  What if measles gets loose in there?  What kind of medical facilities do these camps have?

EDIT: I meant people ARE complicit.  Accidentally typed "not complicit".  Have amended my post.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:06:57 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42114 on: June 20, 2018, 10:44:15 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trump can not and is not going to initiate any kind of nationwide anti abortion legislation? 

So really if people are voting for him based solely on him being supposedly anti abortion (yeah, right) then they're pretty much pissing in the wind because voting for Trump wont change anything?

To the people it matters to, abortion might be a dumpster truck worth of shit.  But with Trump you're facing that off against a mountain of shit.  People who vote for Trump are not complicit in traumatising the lives of thousands of people.

There are people on these very boards who have gone through trauma and abuse.  Look at those kids.  You think something like this isn't going to leave its mark on those children?  They'll carry this forever.  As will the parents.

What happens when somebody dies in custody?  It will happen eventually.  For that matter, how many of those kids have had vaccines?  What if measles gets loose in there?  What kind of medical facilities do these camps have?

Voting for Trump is changing things on abortion already - not with immediate effect but in the long term. Conservative appointments to the Supreme Court and other lower courts will ultimately overturn Roe v Wade. Trump's administration has already shown that they will simply stop enforcing pro-choice legislation and will de-fund programmes that they object to.

Of course Trump isn't really anti-abortion but being pro-life has never stopped pro-lifers paying for abortions when it suits them, the same as pro-family champions will happily have affairs, and the most vehement opponents of gay rights are so often caught out having homosexual relationships. 'Christian values' tend to correlate closely with hypocrisy. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42115 on: June 20, 2018, 11:30:30 am »

In a perfect world, the Ex-Presidents should turn up at that facility as a group and unannounced and insist on immediate entry and inspection and then make a joint statement that this is not the American way, it's not American values, and this stinking rotten and frankly evil Administration should immediately rescind these measures.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42116 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:29 am »
Aye, that’s the great thing about following the bible. It’s full of so many contradictions, and open to so many interpretations (literal, allegorical, etc), you can use it to ‘justify’ whatever shitty thing you wish to do.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #42117 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:48 am »
Are people here aware UK home office has been separating children from parents for years?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/aug/18/immigration.immigrationandpublicservices

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34191606

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/27/children-parents-asylum-seekers-cedars-centre-barnardos

*this is not saying I agree with the policy

I actually agree with Arny on this 100%

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42118 on: June 20, 2018, 11:40:28 am »
Are people here aware UK home office has been separating children from parents for years?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/aug/18/immigration.immigrationandpublicservices

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34191606

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/27/children-parents-asylum-seekers-cedars-centre-barnardos

*this is not saying I agree with the policy

I actually agree with Arny on this 100%

The first link talks of two isolated incidents where the parents were reunited with their kids.

The second one bears no relation as it’s about legal immigration based on income rules, where one parent comes over leaving their spouse and children behind as they are not earning the threshold.

The third link talks about parents being kept from their children for 72 hours before their flights. Barnardos even explain that there are legitimate reasons, such as a parent being a danger to their kid.

Every case, kids are reunited after a short time and often for legitimate reasons or an isolated case of incompetence.

What’s happening in the US is a planned policy where thousands of children are being taken, and with the former head of ICE saying that a large number of those will never be reunited with their parents.   

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #42119 on: June 20, 2018, 11:42:35 am »
The first link talks of two isolated incidents where the parents were reunited with their kids.

The second one bears no relation as it’s about legal immigration based on income rules, where one parent comes over leaving their spouse and children behind as they are not earning the threshold.

The third link talks about parents being kept from their children for 72 hours before their flights. Barnardos even explain that there are legitimate reasons, such as a parent being a danger to their kid.

Every case, kids are reunited after a short time and often for legitimate reasons or an isolated case of incompetence.

What’s happening in the US is a planned policy where thousands of children are being taken, and with the former head of ICE saying that a large number of those will never be reunited with their parents.
Taking a child away for one second is wrong enough, the idea that this is somehow a new invention though is strange
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.