Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 265833 times)

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
Even 7 months after it happened I still can't believe it really happened.
It's like Istanbul even 15 years after the game I still can't believe we actually won  ;D
Only Liverpool Football Club can produce magical nights like this no other club in the world comes close.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Talksport had a programme on tonight looking back at our CL run last season and also looking back on our season to date. It helped a boring drive home to pass a bit more quickly.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/25/liverpool-barcelona-tottenham-ajax-champions-league

The night before the Barcelona game had brought another note of drama, Vincent Kompany punting the ball past Kasper Schmeichel at the Etihad Stadium to give Manchester City a narrow but decisive-looking Premier League win.
This probably made our season last year. If City had drawn that Leicester game leaving us needing just a win at home to Wolves would we have really fielded as strong a side against Barca and invested such effort?
It meant that we went through to win Number 6 and just postponed the League title for a year :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:34:25 am by free_at_last »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
This probably made our season last year. If City had drawn that Leicester game leaving us needing just a win at home to Wolves would we have really fielded as strong a side against Barca and invested such effort?
It meant that we went through to win Number 6 and just postponed the League titile for a year :)

I think we would have gone for both. Don’t forget they had nearly a month off at the end of the season.
And remember we beat Barca with Mo and Bobby sitting out, and Robbo off at 1/2 time
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Gini was a man on a mission when he came on. 'Angry Gini'.
Unstoppable.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Don't really see how Trent was "acting" for the fourth goal. He wanted to leave to ball for Shaqiri and just realised that none of their players were ready for the corner. So he acted quickly and took it. It was great awareness, but I seriously doubt there was any acting involved...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Don't really see how Trent was "acting" for the fourth goal. He wanted to leave to ball for Shaqiri and just realised that none of their players were ready for the corner. So he acted quickly and took it. It was great awareness, but I seriously doubt there was any acting involved...

Nah wasn't acting at all, just incredibly fast awareness.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
MATCHDAY: Inside FC Barcelona, Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bgk2-Vlx6Fb3sM4V-oDC2rnyoaOtnHF9/view

The first 30mins of this episode is heaven for any LFC supporter, enjoy. ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Valverde finally admitting we broke them.  :D

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.

I would be bloody angry if a video like that was made at our club before a big match. The interviews... all it did was to get the Barca players thinking about how big, bad and "complicated" Anfield is to play at as an away team. Anfield is pretty intimidating itself without club, media and production crew constantly reminding the players of it days before they even arrive. Really stupid move, this. There is enough for the players to deal with without the club sabotaging team mentality for a few quid.

(and John Malkovich. W. T. F.  :lmao :lmao)
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Valverde finally admitting we broke them.  :D

Spanish Tony Morley
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Malkovich sounded like a guy doing a Malkovich impression. I loved the little slo mos to emphasise that we somehow were really dirty.

Incredible to see how much we broke them and how important the fans are on those big nights. They were 3-0 down mentally at half time.

Also, despite being the GOAT, Messi’s team talks are pretty uninspiring.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Couthino and Suarez knew exactly what was coming 2nd half.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

I'll watch this in full later in the week but the opening shots of the clerics in the monastery is like the intro of a horror film where the Catholic Church is preparing to fight the Devil Incaranate, in all his pomp and glory.

Welcome to Anfield.

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
Thanks for sharing.....love Shakira’s kids....speaking the obvious at the most intense times...!!!

★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Was buzzing like fuck for days after this, was pure heaven from start to finish.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
I'll watch this in full later in the week but the opening shots of the clerics in the monastery is like the intro of a horror film where the Catholic Church is preparing to fight the Devil Incaranate, in all his pomp and glory.

Welcome to Anfield.

Reminded me of that "Welcome to hell, my arse" banner at Galatasaray
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Also, despite being the GOAT, Messi’s team talks are pretty uninspiring.

"Hey guys, remember the Roma game where we fucked it up? Yeah. Remember that. Don't wanna do that again. Keep that in your minds"

Cheers Leo.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
That Inside Barca episode is glorious  ;D

These fly on the wall docs seem to be popping up everywhere now, was we the first to do one? I know Klopp wouldn’t allow it but id love us to do another one.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Don't Spurs have one as well? We beat Man City in the Champions League when they had theirs, beat Barca last season for theirs, beat Spurs last season in the Final, although I think their documentary only starts this season?

Basically if you agree to one of these, Liverpool will beat you in the Champions League
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
The fact that the team talk was halted because Alba was so distraught was incredible.
They were winning 1-3 at half time yet they were shitting bricks.
For me, the look on Suarez and Phil’s faces was the best. They both had the look of men who had “seen how this movie ends”. They knew what was coming and they didn’t know how to tell the rest of their team.
Also the fact that “Leo was screwed up for days” afterwards.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
Their constant talk about not fucking up again was the wrong way to go. They needed to target a positive, instead of avoiding a negative.

It's like constantly telling yourself not to think about elephants. That's all you'll end up thinking about.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Barcelona were broken at half time at just 1-0 down. The early goal really got to them and the memory of Roma seems to have really spooked them.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

These fly on the wall docs seem to be popping up everywhere now, was we the first to do one? I know Klopp wouldn’t allow it but id love us to do another one.

Think Klopp is right not to do it. Cant see an upside really.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think Klopp is right not to do it. Cant see an upside really.
Having seen Shakiri so devastated makes me now feel bad for Barca, to be honest. Just a little (quite little) bit, mind.  ;D
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Having seen Shakiri so devastated makes me now feel bad for Barca, to be honest. Just a little (quite little) bit, mind.  ;D
Madness showing the dressing room though. Glad to know Klopp will absolutely never allow this with us!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
I want to face Barcelona again in the CL this season. I honestly think it'd end about 7-2 on aggregate.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Glorious, glorious moment. One for the ages.

And the fact that Mo arrived wearing this shirt made it even sweeter. No Salah? No Firmino? No Robbo for the second half?

No problem.

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ib96h14d7ab995l/Sem-Final_-_2nd_leg_-_Liverpool_vs_Barcelona_-_07052019_RUSSIAN_1080i.torrent/file

I used this one. Hopefully it still works.

This is a download and not a stream - correct?  If I download it, will I need something to play it with?  I'm on a mac with only whatever video player came on it.

Many thanks!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This is a download and not a stream - correct?  If I download it, will I need something to play it with?  I'm on a mac with only whatever video player came on it.

Many thanks!
Just start downloading, press stop and it then gives you an option toplay... it did for me anyway..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Many thanks!

QuickTime player should just open it if you double click on the file.
Macs are video friendly. 

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
The fact that the team talk was halted because Alba was so distraught was incredible.
They were winning 1-3 at half time yet they were shitting bricks.
For me, the look on Suarez and Phil’s faces was the best. They both had the look of men who had “seen how this movie ends”. They knew what was coming and they didn’t know how to tell the rest of their team.
Also the fact that “Leo was screwed up for days” afterwards.

Haha it's incredible, from the weeping Alba unable to speak for the tears as he sobs into his towel, to the kip on the Barca players faces as they go out to face the full force of Anfield in the second half - like soldiers in the WW1 trenches about to go over the top knowing they face certain death.

Some great lines too...

'The moment of hymn gives you goosebumps'

'This is the toughest atmosphere I've seen in years. I've never seen this in my life'

'Son of a mother. Wijnaldum has just scored Liverpool's second '

'Jordi are you ok ?'  :lmao :lmao

And one not so great line...

'they call them the red devils' (get tae fuck priests  :o  ;D )

Oh and the hilarious moment when John Malkovic first pipes up, sounding like one of those joke computer generated voice commentaries people do on twitter.  ;D

My favourite moment though was the camera moving up Back Rockfield towards the Kop - ok the ground looks slightly different nowadays but it was the exact same view I got when I saw Anfield for the first time ever, over 50 years ago. The greatest, most beautiful sight imaginable; in all my life it's one that's never been topped

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha

Gold. As if John Malkovich didn’t have enough problems with John Cusack inside his head, it seems we’ve set up shop as well.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Seem to remember City did one of these fly on the wall docs back in the 80s, only shown in the North West region, then Sheffield United did one early 90s, then there was that club for a fiver[Leyton Orient]one, but yep, they're 10 a penny at the mo, Leeds have done one, Sunderland, City again
#Sausages

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Anfield - the Keyser Soze of football stadia.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

It seemed in our destiny a freak result would be thrust upon us. Imagine that kind of programme and our incredible pre match build up and the game petered out into an uneventful 1-1 draw. Something special was meant to be that night, the type of thing only us at Anfield can pull off!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wasn't a bad game was it? Considering the amount of quilts we have in our support though I expect most waited until the final whistle before celebrating. Just to be sure.

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
Just start downloading, press stop and it then gives you an option toplay... it did for me anyway..

Thanks for your help everyone but I think the link might be dead - when I clicked I just got a 43KB document

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Wasn't a bad game was it? Considering the amount of quilts we have in our support though I expect most waited until the final whistle before celebrating. Just to be sure.
You can't celebrate anything these days.

Incase VAR steps in and pisses on your chips.  :P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
You can't celebrate anything these days.

Incase VAR steps in and pisses on your chips.  :P

Varination?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...