The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

a question for one of the mods

<< < (200/215) > >>

duvva 💅:
I was thinking about next seasons pre match threads earlier and this also got me thinking about post match.

Not so much in what we the pre match writers do, but I wondered about closing all players threads at KO and not re-opening them until the next day?

This would help keep all discussion relating to the match in one place including player performances.

Once the initial post match thread calms down, we’re more likely to get considered opinions, thoughts etc which could improve the player threads and avoid some of the mud slinging and back and forth that currently makes them no go areas for some posters on here.

I know closing threads is probably a bit of a ball ache for mods but I think some of the match day Comms also have the ability.

Just an idea. Might be worth a trial, see how it works?

Kenny's Jacket:

--- Quote from: duvva 💅 on April 24, 2024, 12:28:56 pm ---I was thinking about next seasons pre match threads earlier and this also got me thinking about post match.

Not so much in what we the pre match writers do, but I wondered about closing all players threads at KO and not re-opening them until the next day?

This would help keep all discussion relating to the match in one place including player performances.

Once the initial post match thread calms down, we’re more likely to get considered opinions, thoughts etc which could improve the player threads and avoid some of the mud slinging and back and forth that currently makes them no go areas for some posters on here.

I know closing threads is probably a bit of a ball ache for mods but I think some of the match day Comms also have the ability.

--- End quote ---

Ill second that fwiw

and as the season nears its end once again thank the pre-match thread writers, the RAWK commentary team and the lovely Jason for their contributions

oh and the mods of course  ;D

John C:

--- Quote from: duvva 💅 on April 24, 2024, 12:28:56 pm ---Not so much in what we the pre match writers do, but I wondered about closing all players threads at KO and not re-opening them until the next day?

--- End quote ---
Might be a good idea actually mate.
Just before I was made a Mod, very nearly 10 years ago, most player threads were actually banned because they were toxic.

We'll probably have a discussion about it.

Barneylfc∗:

--- Quote from: duvva 💅 on April 24, 2024, 12:28:56 pm ---I was thinking about next seasons pre match threads earlier and this also got me thinking about post match.

--- End quote ---

Good idea this.

The fixtures threads I post every week should probably be locked too. The same few posters nearly every game use them to post about our game while it's in play. Could just ban those fuckers though  :D

Claire.:
I hate the player threads, I'd rather we just had a thread for a topic, easier to read and well, delete when someone has a meltdown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version