The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Youth and Under 23 Thread

<< < (21387/21433) > >>

Draex:

--- Quote from: Fromola on March  1, 2024, 09:54:15 am ---Hopefully we can really go in for a few highly rated teenagers in the summer again. It's obviously a no-brainer as a model, and for producing your HG quota, but the Academy sells itself at the moment. Players will be desperate to come here.

--- End quote ---

Archie Gray would cost a bomb but if Leeds don't get promoted we should try for him, he's class.

Fromola:

--- Quote from: Draex on March  1, 2024, 09:56:09 am ---Archie Gray would cost a bomb but if Leeds don't get promoted we should try for him, he's class.

--- End quote ---

Would be happy to go for him or have got Wharton from Blackburn, but I think once players are established in the first team somewhere they'll expect regular first team football straight away and the transfer fee gets inflated. Probably why Bellingham chose Dortmund at the time as he was promised he'd play every week.

Key is getting players before they break through somewhere like Clark, Mcconnell, Doak and Nyoni.

dutchkop:

--- Quote from: Fromola on March  1, 2024, 10:21:58 am ---Would be happy to go for him or have got Wharton from Blackburn, but I think once players are established in the first team somewhere they'll expect regular first team football straight away and the transfer fee gets inflated. Probably why Bellingham chose Dortmund at the time as he was promised he'd play every week.

Key is getting players before they break through somewhere like Clark, Mcconnell, Doak and Nyoni.

--- End quote ---

I think it is a mixture of both.. getting a few in young and then a few that have more potential to get close to first team football.

this group is unique.. interesting to see how many can become first team regulars.

I think our preparation and ability to close this young talent is extraordinary.. reading interviews with Lee Clarke.. 4/5 clubs agreed fees and we apparently impressed the player (& father) about how much we knew about Bobby Clarke.. and that and working with Klopp closed the deal.

Hopefully the next manager has similar power of persuasion... I totally agree that the academy sells itself at the moment.. and having all players together and giving youth a chance will pay off in the end .

it allows us to get  some real quality in specific roles.

The clearance of players last summer has created such an opportunity and platform for young and others to come ...

phil236849:
New manager will have a big squad to make decisions on! If itís Xabi, is athleticism key?

Boston Bosox:
Liverpool Under 21 Side To Face Aston Villa

Mrozek , Miles , Rhys Williams , Nallo , Scanlon , McConnell , Pilling , Nyoni , Gordon , Musialowski , Koumas
Subs
Davidson , Kelly , Pinnington , Morrison Kone Doherty

Kick Off 2 PM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version