Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1338238 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: VAR! Huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing... ?
« Reply #5520 on: November 21, 2019, 12:58:44 pm »
You know what this thread needs? A scoreboard above it. How many times VAR has won us a game, a point or a penalty, versus pens points and games lost on the same. We could then say, at the end of the season, VAR was this or that for LFC in 19/20.  My suspicion is that already it has suited us better, but will let the stats have last word quite happily.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #5521 on: November 23, 2019, 04:01:13 pm »
Man City fan: So, I see you've turned into VAR FC, that's why you're favourites to win the league now.
Me: Yeah, that's true. I called it at the beginning of the season. VAR is here to stay for another 500 years, so if we are VAR FC we are going to win the league 500 times in the next 500 years. You better go and watch Gilli Danda, there's no video assistant referees in that sport.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5522 on: November 23, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »
LiVARpool.... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Jaz

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5523 on: November 23, 2019, 05:45:02 pm »
You know what this thread needs? A scoreboard above it. How many times VAR has won us a game, a point or a penalty, versus pens points and games lost on the same. We could then say, at the end of the season, VAR was this or that for LFC in 19/20.  My suspicion is that already it has suited us better, but will let the stats have last word quite happily.

A post I did way back which is now out of date now by one matchday:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3988620/premier-league-without-var-man-city-reduce-liverpools-lead

"Liverpool have surged clear at the top, and believe it or not VAR has not been working in Jurgen Klopp's favour with overturns having no effect on their points tally. Liverpool are given a victory at Manchester United (drew 1-1) and a draw at Chelsea (won 2-1), which even themselves out. Maybe the title isn't going to be won in the VAR room."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5524 on: November 23, 2019, 06:09:50 pm »
^^^ Don't turn this into a Greek tragedy - a beautiful Hypothesis murdered by an ugly Fact.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5525 on: November 23, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »
Man City fan: So, I see you've turned into VAR FC, that's why you're favourites to win the league now.
Me: Yeah, that's true. I called it at the beginning of the season. VAR is here to stay for another 500 years, so if we are VAR FC we are going to win the league 500 times in the next 500 years. You better go and watch Gilli Danda, there's no video assistant referees in that sport.

VARCity Blues.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5527 on: November 23, 2019, 06:35:39 pm »
A post I did way back which is now out of date now by one matchday:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3988620/premier-league-without-var-man-city-reduce-liverpools-lead

"Liverpool have surged clear at the top, and believe it or not VAR has not been working in Jurgen Klopp's favour with overturns having no effect on their points tally. Liverpool are given a victory at Manchester United (drew 1-1) and a draw at Chelsea (won 2-1), which even themselves out. Maybe the title isn't going to be won in the VAR room."

This is currently wrong, as firstly it doesn't count today's game so we are already in the positive points column again.
Secondly, it doesn't count Man City's lost points, which is also important to us in the title race.
Thirdly, a count like this is never accurate cos VAR can make a decisive judgment in the first 5 minutes (or any point in the game) then how can you judge the rest of the match when the VAR universe has already been changed...
Also, there are cases where VAR makes a decision, but in the old system the ref might've made the same decision as well - but some people tend to count that as a VAR decision anyway.
It's also like that the other way around, for example with City visiting us nearly everyone says VAR benefited us but in reality, VAR just backed up what hte ref would have decided anyway... so VAR had no effect on those decisions.
Ultimately, one can't say VAR has zero effect, it obviously not only effects a match after a VAR decision is made, but it also psychologically effects how players perform from the start of the game... Don't believe the complicated science? Well, it obviously effects how players tackle and cheat on the pitch. So, a Ferguson kick the opposition off the field technique would be less successful with VAR. You say, with VAR we can get away with yellow card, tactical fouls. True. But many of those Scholes and Keane tackles were red card tackles.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5529 on: November 23, 2019, 07:23:13 pm »
Goal disallowed for City now. That has an effect on the goal difference, if you haven't thought about it, oh calculators.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5530 on: November 23, 2019, 07:26:24 pm »
Goal disallowed for City now. That has an effect on the goal difference, if you haven't thought about it, oh calculators.

It was tight.
#JFT97

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #5531 on: November 23, 2019, 10:21:45 pm »

Tbf that sort of offside eos bobbins

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #5532 on: November 23, 2019, 10:29:18 pm »

Cost me a 100/1 double.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5533 on: November 24, 2019, 10:48:48 am »
Cost me a 100/1 double.

Stooped the keeper looking a c*nt, the weak wristed tart.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5534 on: November 26, 2019, 01:21:34 pm »
Mike Dean is to ref the derby with Martin Atkinson on VAR apparently so the dream team right there. Putting their incompetence to one side, how can a Tranmere fan from the Wirral get this game? His family are reds apparently so there’s a fair bit of fewm about this selection.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5535 on: November 26, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »
Mike Dean is to ref the derby with Martin Atkinson on VAR apparently so the dream team right there. Putting their incompetence to one side, how can a Tranmere fan from the Wirral get this game? His family are reds apparently so there’s a fair bit of fewm about this selection.

He was given the derby a few years ago. If I remember correctly, he was so terrified of having to send someone off (probably afraid of being accused of bias) that he just let everything go. We won, but I remember most of all being relieved no one got injured.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5536 on: November 26, 2019, 05:59:45 pm »
What the  fuck

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5537 on: November 28, 2019, 06:27:30 am »
I'm quite surprised that this topic hasn't been bumped up on top since the Napoli game...

The goal against us didn't start from a foul, seriously? The guy was looking at Van Dijk all the time, never glanced at the ball; as clear a foul as they get. Then Salah's man-handling by Koulibaly, what the actual fuck?!

VAR supporter here... Fuck VAR!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5538 on: November 28, 2019, 07:14:30 am »
I'm quite surprised that this topic hasn't been bumped up on top since the Napoli game...

The goal against us didn't start from a foul, seriously? The guy was looking at Van Dijk all the time, never glanced at the ball; as clear a foul as they get. Then Salah's man-handling by Koulibaly, what the actual fuck?!

VAR supporter here... Fuck VAR!

The onfield ref was a c*nt last night, so to expect the VAR refs to be any better was a waste of time. As the comms said, Mo should have just gone down and the ref gives it, staying on your feet doesn't mean its not a foul :butt :butt :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5539 on: November 30, 2019, 11:41:06 pm »
Missed another handball in a goal today (first southampton goal). Huge error rate in the easiest call to interpret.

For those saying the technology is fine, VAR people themselves told MOTD that they didn't get hold of an angle for ten minutes.

Hawkeye and the british broadcasters aren't free of blame, just because we know english refs are bad too

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5540 on: November 30, 2019, 11:58:28 pm »

How would you know? We play to the final whistle and our mentality monsters just keep going.

Say VAR chalks a goal off for the opposition and we win 1-0, playing out the last fifteen minutes comfortably, bringing on defensive players to close things out. You would claim that’s a win for VAR.

But if the goal stood do you really believe this Liverpool team would not respond and try to get a winner? Would we make the same defensive subs or would we bring on attackers to get the winning goal?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5541 on: December 1, 2019, 11:47:03 am »
So how come that Brighton goal was allowed to stand? Putting aside the fact that Atkinson had no business whistling when Adrian was still setting up his wall (otherwise no goalkeeper would ever be able to set up a wall knowing the ref could whistle at any time), their players were all over our wall, and the rules clearly state they're not allowed within a yard of the wall. Another case of the VAR not knowing basic rules of the game?

They measure offside by armpits, but they miss this by half a yard.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2019, 11:52:06 am by BoRed »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5542 on: December 1, 2019, 11:10:38 pm »
Got to love the inconsistency in detail with what VAR considers. Saved penalties are retaken when players from both teams have encroached, but apparently a goal scored with a player closer to the wall than they should be isnt even checked. Same too with goals scored from bad set piece decisions. Luckily for us we didn't concede from some of the hilariously corners given against us earlier this season.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5543 on: December 2, 2019, 10:03:36 am »
Think that retaken penalty yesterday was the final straw for me. I've gone from fully behind VAR's introduction to completely against it in a matter of months. And I know it's nothing to do with the actually idea of VAR but the horrific utilisation of it by the Premier League so far this season.

Armpits can be offside, penalty saves overturned because someone's foot is over a line .2 of a second too early. Get to absolute fuck.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5544 on: December 3, 2019, 05:06:20 am »
It's really hard to determine when a fart is offside... You can draw lines, but the picture is always fuzzy.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5545 on: December 3, 2019, 08:03:25 am »
If we were doing better than before , it would just show how many poor decisions were going against us.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5546 on: December 3, 2019, 12:07:55 pm »
It's really hard to determine when a fart is offside... You can draw lines, but the picture is always fuzzy.

Doesn't pass the smell test?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5547 on: December 4, 2019, 11:10:15 pm »
In our favour today big time. I think next season as long as they stick with it var will get a lot better

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5548 on: December 4, 2019, 11:14:20 pm »
In our favour today big time. I think next season as long as they stick with it var will get a lot better

Was it?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: December 4, 2019, 11:17:28 pm »
Was it?

TAA 'stamp', VVD pen. Robertson was a bit naughty as well on Davies.

Swings and roundabouts. Next week it could fcuk us over. We have bad decisions against us this season which bar should have cleared up
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 11:19:07 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5550 on: December 4, 2019, 11:19:25 pm »
TAA stamp, VVD pen. Robertson was a bit naughty as well.

Swings and roundabouts. Next week it could fcuk us over.

What VVD pen? TAA got a yellow for it, so did Davies who did the exact same thing. Everyone was being a bit naughty.

Offline carraggeriise

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5551 on: December 4, 2019, 11:21:00 pm »
What VVD pen? TAA got a yellow for it, so did Davies who did the exact same thing. Everyone was being a bit naughty.

Mate if you didn’t know like many other don’t here this fellas under cover

Go and have a look st him in motd thread now and then basically his entire portfolio of posts

Instant Karmas gonna get you

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5552 on: December 4, 2019, 11:24:02 pm »
That penalty they gave Evans for Leicester ;D

Just imagine how many more penalties we'd have this season is Salah was white british

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5553 on: December 4, 2019, 11:24:06 pm »
TAA 'stamp', VVD pen. Robertson was a bit naughty as well on Davies.

Swings and roundabouts. Next week it could fcuk us over. We have bad decisions against us this season which bar should have cleared up

For fucks sake he’s at it again how the fuck has he managed to evade the mods for so long

It’s unbelievable.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5554 on: December 4, 2019, 11:24:24 pm »
Mate if you didn’t know like many other don’t here this fellas under cover

Go and have a look st him in motd thread now and then basically his entire portfolio of posts

This is fucking boring now for real

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5555 on: December 4, 2019, 11:26:17 pm »
This is fucking boring now for real

You can Say that again

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5556 on: December 4, 2019, 11:26:41 pm »
For fucks sake he’s at it again how the fuck has he managed to evade the mods for so long

It’s unbelievable.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5557 on: December 4, 2019, 11:27:05 pm »
VAR back to its best today. Not overturning a Vardy dive despite it being a clear penalty, then allowing Leicester to actually have a penalty for god knows what.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5558 on: December 4, 2019, 11:27:26 pm »
I'm sorry you feel this way.

Your going to be my first blocked poster in 15 years

Congrats

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5559 on: December 4, 2019, 11:29:36 pm »
Your going to be my first blocked poster in 15 years

Congrats

Thank you. Now I won't have to take your insults anymore