Author Topic: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?  (Read 43139 times)

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2022, 12:05:37 am »
I’ve just got back from Protaras in Cyprus, a real nice place full of couples young and old. Weather was great and low season so really chilled.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2022, 06:52:05 am »
Decided not to come back to Turkey next October, going back to Paphos instead. Place here is lovely but we like to go out and about and prefer sitting down for meals rather than the madhouse of all inclusive. We've had A la carte last 3 nights, so that has made a difference. Cyprus also has the water park still open, the local one to Side has closed for winter already, so that's great for the kids. Finally not having to get up at fucking 7am to get a sunbed will be ace, although it is nice to lie and watch the sun rise while drinking my mor coffee . Place is rammed with Germans but it's the fucking English who are the problem.

My waistline will be happy to, lost 9 lbs before we flew out, reckon I've put on a stone in the week the amount I've eaten and drank
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 06:56:31 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2022, 12:30:56 pm »
Hoping for a week in may next year. Problem is the Mrs isn't really a sit around a pool type person.so was thinking maybe a Greek island that's easy enough to get around with plenty of different places to visit during the day. Can see it being a disaster as I'm happy chilling out with a book by the pool 🤣🤣 somewhere with maybe some nice villages to visit or places of interest ruins etc historical places ...I've actually no idea so any help would be appreciated doesn't have to be a Greek island mind.that is just what popped into my head
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2022, 12:40:04 pm »
Hoping for a week in may next year. Problem is the Mrs isn't really a sit around a pool type person.so was thinking maybe a Greek island that's easy enough to get around with plenty of different places to visit during the day. Can see it being a disaster as I'm happy chilling out with a book by the pool 🤣🤣 somewhere with maybe some nice villages to visit or places of interest ruins etc historical places ...I've actually no idea so any help would be appreciated doesn't have to be a Greek island mind.that is just what popped into my head

Croatia is great for a bit of sunbathing and also exploring. Also still reasonably cheap. Might not be quite as warm as Greece in May though, depends how hot you like it. Otherwise somewhere in italy?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2022, 12:59:46 pm »
Lindos on Rhodes. I haven’t had a warm destination holiday in about 6 years, haven’t been to Rhodes in 25. Anyone been lately? I expect it will be toasty. Just want to sit by the sea, cold beverages to hand & read my books & go out to the lovely roof top restaurants in the evening.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2022, 10:47:02 pm »
Croatia is great for a bit of sunbathing and also exploring. Also still reasonably cheap. Might not be quite as warm as Greece in May though, depends how hot you like it. Otherwise somewhere in italy?

Cheers for that mate. Suggested it to the Mrs and it's somewhere she's fancied for some time.a lot of people in her work suggested it to her .I'm slightly unaware of  the best places to stay mind! I know it is quite diverse .was thinking either split or dubrovnik.wr will have some downtime.and I would like a bit of nightlife for one or two evenings out other than just restaurants
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2022, 03:55:04 pm »
This time next week we'll be on the plane to Vietnam for our honeymoon, it's been a long time coming.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2022, 04:26:48 pm »
This time next week we'll be on the plane to Vietnam for our honeymoon, it's been a long time coming.

Brilliant - hope you have a fantastic time
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2022, 04:45:53 pm »
Cheers for that mate. Suggested it to the Mrs and it's somewhere she's fancied for some time.a lot of people in her work suggested it to her .I'm slightly unaware of  the best places to stay mind! I know it is quite diverse .was thinking either split or dubrovnik.wr will have some downtime.and I would like a bit of nightlife for one or two evenings out other than just restaurants
Definitely recommend Dubrovnik. A lot to see and do and there’s also the smaller fishing town of Cavtat to explore which is lovely.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2022, 04:52:13 pm »

Lovely.  8)

I hope you both have a fantastic time.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2022, 04:58:11 pm »
Planning a trip to Bogota in January for a week. Wife wants to meet her new niece.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2022, 05:21:43 pm »
I'm not doing all inclusive again, I've put on 16lbs in a week ffs. I'm a greedy twat, I can't stop picking and just go mad trying different stuff all day long and Baileys Iced coffee was too nice not to drink all day.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2022, 05:43:36 pm »
I'm not doing all inclusive again, I've put on 16lbs in a week ffs. I'm a greedy twat, I can't stop picking and just go mad trying different stuff all day long and Baileys Iced coffee was too nice not to drink all day.

I know. Mrs Rob sent me her phone footage...

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2022, 05:57:15 pm »
I know. Mrs Rob sent me her phone footage...

The fucking bitch, I told her to delete that.

On the water slide yesterday, as I started off the life guard said Tsunami, cheeky twat

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2022, 06:25:44 pm »

On the water slide yesterday, as I started off the life guard said Tsunami, cheeky twat

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2022, 08:00:56 pm »

He was just a Newcastle fan, don’t worry about it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2022, 10:36:24 pm »

Would also recommend Croatia. As was mentioned Cavtat is a great spot and not too far to pop to Dubrovnik.  If staying in or around Dubrovnik stay in Babin Kuk.  Lots of hotels and local bus takes you into the old town of Dubrovnik.

Halfway up the coast is Split and some good coastal villages dotted around it to stay in.

Further north I’d recommend Rovinj if you can get a flight to Pula.  It’s close to Italy and can do a day trip to Venice

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2022, 12:16:09 am »
Would also recommend Croatia. As was mentioned Cavtat is a great spot and not too far to pop to Dubrovnik.  If staying in or around Dubrovnik stay in Babin Kuk.  Lots of hotels and local bus takes you into the old town of Dubrovnik.

Halfway up the coast is Split and some good coastal villages dotted around it to stay in.

Further north I’d recommend Rovinj if you can get a flight to Pula.  It’s close to Italy and can do a day trip to Venice

Yeah I'd agree with any of that. You can't go wrong wherever you pick really, it's all stunning. Can easily do day trips to some of the islands too, especially from Split or Dubrovnik. If you're close enough, there's an inland trip to the Plitvice national park as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2022, 02:39:12 am »
Bottom of the garden for us again. 

When you don't work and live in a beautiful place, with peace and quiet all around you there's no need to go away.

We might go to my sister's for a couple of days and a change of scene but only if her crazy neighbour and her 3 uncontrollable staffy dogs have moved out.
I've lived 45 years on Anglesey Debs and although it's a picturesque place to live there is no way in hell it substitutes for going abroad once in a while 😂

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2022, 08:50:35 am »
I've lived 45 years on Anglesey Debs and although it's a picturesque place to live there is no way in hell it substitutes for going abroad once in a while 😂

2001 was the last time I went abroad and that was a 2wk camping and kayaking holiday in the Pyrenees.

We don't like the heat or people or noisey busy places so don't even go on holiday in the UK during the summer months.

I'd be a hermit if I could 😂

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2022, 11:05:40 pm »
2001 was the last time I went abroad and that was a 2wk camping and kayaking holiday in the Pyrenees.

We don't like the heat or people or noisey busy places so don't even go on holiday in the UK during the summer months.

I'd be a hermit if I could 😂
Haha fair enough, you've definitely picked a good place to live then. Out of interest where do you live here? I'm in Beaumaris.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2022, 05:14:36 am »
Didn't see one for the upcoming year.

Been looking at Oman for March 2023. Need a break just for sun and relaxation (wherever we go it'll be first trip abroad since lockdowns).

Anyone been?

You planned ahead for next year?

Oman is an amazing place for a unique road trip with the mix of stunning coastlines, wadis/oasis, desert and mountains. Definitely would recommend hiring a car and just going with the flow instead of focusing on the beach resorts. It is incredibly easy to drive around and the roads are not busy at all. Message if you need any specific info.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 6, 2022, 10:56:20 am »
Extra Bank Holiday announced in early May.

Booked flights when slightly under the influence last night to take advantage before the prices shoot up.

Flying into Genoa and out of Pisa nine days apart. Planning on hiring a car and doing a Ligurian coastal road trip.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 6, 2022, 11:19:58 am »
Haha fair enough, you've definitely picked a good place to live then. Out of interest where do you live here? I'm in Beaumaris.

Beautiful place but far too busy for us 😂

We're Dulas but not in the village.

We're up on the hill overlooking the estuary, surrounded by fields of sheep 👍

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 6, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »
Wasn't going to ago anywhere next but thought fuck it, why not. What's the point just working all the time and paying bills. Not sure where yet but most likely Turkiye or Greece.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 6, 2022, 01:07:04 pm »
The schools have announced the holidays for 2024, the two schools my kids are in are on seperate weeks ffs :no  Basically means no holidays for us in 2024

Wasn't going to ago anywhere next but thought fuck it, why not. What's the point just working all the time and paying bills. Not sure where yet but most likely Turkiye or Greece.

That's our attitude, enjoy life while you can

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 7, 2022, 07:27:08 pm »
Trying to do 12 (very budget) trips next year (including football ones) - i.e. one a month, ideally in new locations. Only one 'bigger' trip (Tokyo) with rest mainly being 3-4 day trips at most (over the weekend, or stretching 'working from home').

Have quite a lot of AMEX, Avios and Virgin points I've accumulated through a bunch of bonus and referral deals over the past 6-7 years so been looking at trying to maximise the use of those where possible.

My list of places in consideration. The first few are the priority and then we'll see how far points/money take me.
Tokyo
Stockholm
Tirana
Athens
Cairo
Oslo
Berlin
Split
Warsaw
Istanbul (:D)
Dublin

not really an ideal time to decide to do this when prices are so high everywhere and the costs at home just keep going up... but who knows when that might get fixed. trying to cut back on domestic aways etc for now.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 07:28:40 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 7, 2022, 09:27:35 pm »
Oman is an amazing place for a unique road trip with the mix of stunning coastlines, wadis/oasis, desert and mountains. Definitely would recommend hiring a car and just going with the flow instead of focusing on the beach resorts. It is incredibly easy to drive around and the roads are not busy at all. Message if you need any specific info.
:thumbsup

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 9, 2022, 04:30:06 am »
Back to the UK in July for a wedding! I haven’t been back since Christmas of 2018 so gonna load up on Greggs and good chocolate.

Eyeing up a cruise too for April. We were going to do a Christmas cruise but the price increases are too much to stomach compared to the rest of the year.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 9, 2022, 02:05:05 pm »
Beautiful place but far too busy for us 😂

We're Dulas but not in the village.

We're up on the hill overlooking the estuary, surrounded by fields of sheep 👍
I've tiled a fair few houses /barn conversions looking over that estuary for the Pickerings. Nice place and definitely quiet 😉

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 9, 2022, 02:28:15 pm »
I've tiled a fair few houses /barn conversions looking over that estuary for the Pickerings. Nice place and definitely quiet 😉

You've probably done ours then mate as we're in a Pickering's house 👍

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71 on: November 9, 2022, 02:36:15 pm »

Ronnie?

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 9, 2022, 08:36:50 pm »
You've probably done ours then mate as we're in a Pickering's house 👍
If it's good work that'll be mine, if not then that was the other tiler 👀👀👀

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 9, 2022, 08:39:29 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2022, 10:29:38 am »
Getting fucked about by TUI at the minute. Was trying to choose our seats for our February holiday, error on the website. Few phone calls last week got told they'd ring us, missed call over the weekend. Spoke to them this morning, flights have been cancelled. Been offered the Tuesday for flights, not ideal as it means kids miss a couple of days of school, and the hotel is on a stop sale, the manager has done an override, but now need the hotel to confirm.

Might just fuck them off, get a full refund and book elsewhere, but we had a two story duplex booked, AI and near to Siam Park/Fanabe/Cristianos, so it was ideal.

Never booking with TUI again.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2022, 10:52:36 am »
They're shite, heard some horror stories about them. They are always super expensive as well, not sure why people go with them. Much cheaper to book a package elsewhere.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2022, 12:28:35 pm »
They're shite, heard some horror stories about them. They are always super expensive as well, not sure why people go with them. Much cheaper to book a package elsewhere.

We booked with them for Crete this May just gone as they were actiually cheap, but got fucked over due to them using Swissport, so lost 2 days, the £3k compo helped though ;D

Tenerife was only because we'd booked to go to Mexico with them and with the shootings on the beach in Cancun we cancelled that and had no choice but to rebook with them. We've just booked a new place in Tenerife with EasyJet and will now cancel the TUI one, they're promised us a full refund as it is them who has cancelled.

You're right though, they are a lot more expensive than everyone else.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2022, 02:06:44 pm »
Going st anton skiing with the lads I usually go with. Had the holiday delayed the past 2 years so can't wait for that.

Then taking my mates who don't normally ski to mayrhofen for my stag. Least it will give me a chance to take it easier on the slopes being hungover. Just need to get a few of them to the chill factor before to learn how to stop a bit.

Then honeymoon will be a night in dubai, followed by 2 weeks in Japan and 5 nights in the Maldives.

Already booked osaka and kyoto, but for anyone that's been. Better to book a night close to Mt fuji or just do a day trip from Tokyo?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2022, 02:10:26 pm »

Hvar is in-between both split and dubrovnik, well worth a few days. The boat between dubrovnik and split stops at the port there so it'd easy to get to

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2022, 09:24:39 pm »
Phuket for two weeks in June. The beginning of the holiday does incorporate a marathon for her and a half for me.

After that we've got a few ideas of islands to visit and day trips. We've gone a little big on the hotel, it's adults only (no not like that, perverts) so fingers crossed a little peace and quiet on the relaxing days