Author Topic: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?  (Read 43219 times)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
Re: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« Reply #120 on: January 3, 2023, 09:40:08 am »
Portavadie Loch Fyne for a few nights in March. Looks beautiful and I have never been to the west coast of Scotland.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g2243528-d2243529-Reviews-Portavadie_Loch_Fyne-Portavadie_Cowal_Peninsula_Argyll_and_Bute_Scotland.html

Likely have a week or so in August after an appointment in Glasgow, was tempted to try go all way to Islay but interested in this now cheers!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 3, 2023, 09:44:00 am »
Any recommendations for a week/ten days in Croatia? Looking for a pool and beach holiday there and never been.

Booking Tenerife at some point too.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #122 on: January 3, 2023, 10:20:06 am »
Did Easter in Tenerife last year. Going to risk the April weather in Portugal this year. Last time we managed to go there, pre-covid, we got excellent weather. Got flights booked but still undecided on hotels. Any recommendations for kid friendly places from Lagos to Vilamoura are welcome

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 3, 2023, 10:29:40 am »
Did Easter in Tenerife last year. Going to risk the April weather in Portugal this year. Last time we managed to go there, pre-covid, we got excellent weather. Got flights booked but still undecided on hotels. Any recommendations for kid friendly places from Lagos to Vilamoura are welcome

We went here in 2008 (the lad was only 9 weeks old) and are going back in 2024, the kids will be 15 and 13 by then.

https://www.alfagar.com/alfagar-alto-da-colina.html
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #124 on: January 3, 2023, 04:27:57 pm »
I don't think Boston is going to be any cheaper really. The exchange rate has fucked us for trips to the US. Everything is very, very expensive compared to a couple of years ago (they're having their own issues with inflation as well). Having said that, New York has loads and loads of stuff to do for free (moreso than Boston), and also lots of "cheap eats" etc as well.

Yeah. We recently went to Boston and while it's probably cheaper than NYC, it still can be pricey compared to Canadian cities like Toronto or Montreal, or some Midwestern U.S. cities.  But the missus and I found out a few years ago when going to Chicago that the U.S. isn't as cheap as it used to be, especially for meals and snacks.

Like with a lot of North American cities like Toronto, hotels can be very expensive. Although in Boston's case, they are cheaper in the winter, but costly once spring hits. Also a lot of U.S. hotels tend to now charge a separate "resort/facility fee" that covers things that used to be free like wi-fi and bottled water.

That said Boston has plenty of free or low cost activities. Walking the Freedom Trail is free. You can pay to go into some of the locations. For example, we went into Paul Revere's House for a break from the rain, but it is was definitely nor worth the time to go in. If you go on the weekend, you can get a Weekender commuter rail pass for $10 per person, which is separate from the 7 Day Charlie card, which allows unlimited travel for the weekend on the commuter rail system. That would enable trips to places like Salem at a small discount from the regular fare.

A surprising amount of Boston's activities are outside, so the weather may be a factor. Boston feels like a big town and a lot of the tourist sites are close together, so a lot of it is walkable. Also the public transit is hit or miss. There are a lot of stations close together, particularly if you stay near Faneuil Hall, but some of the lines are much slower than others (we found the Red line to Harvard to be surprisingly very slow; the Orange and Green lines moved quite quickly). Depending on what someone wants to do and the weather, Boston is definitely doable in two full days with a third to go somewhere like Salem.

The biggest recommend for Boston would be the Italian restaurants in the North End, which are fantastic; some of the best can be found in the side streets along Hanover Street where the bulk of the restaurants are. We were also surprised at how early a lot of the restaurants were turning people away from the rest of the evening (5pm on a Friday) because of reservations.

« Last Edit: January 4, 2023, 01:13:45 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 3, 2023, 04:50:31 pm »
Which one are you looking at?
Amavi in Paphos.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #126 on: January 3, 2023, 04:56:22 pm »
We had booked to go to the Dordogne via Vrbo but that was because my brother and his wife were coming - they are now getting divorced (perhaps the thought of 2 weeks with me in france caused it ?) so it doesn`t make sense to hire somewhere bigger.

Had a re think and anyway, for years I had promised my daughter that I would take her to Paris one day. Now booked 5 nights for my wife and daughter in May. My daughter is beyond excited about it.  I will let them wander and they can deposit me outside a cafe with my books.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 3, 2023, 05:57:57 pm »
Amavi in Paphos.

Lovely.

We walked past that most days, we were staying at the Aliathon and used to walk along the path on the beach. We watched the footy at the Crocodile pub just down the road from there
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 3, 2023, 08:57:06 pm »
Lovely.

We walked past that most days, we were staying at the Aliathon and used to walk along the path on the beach. We watched the footy at the Crocodile pub just down the road from there
Looks good from what you've seen?

Ah there are places to go locally for food and drink (walking distance)?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 3, 2023, 09:34:34 pm »
Looks good from what you've seen?

Ah there are places to go locally for food and drink (walking distance)?

It did from the outside yes, looked very nice..

Turn right out of the hotel and its a short walk to a couple of sports bars and pubs, the Pegasus and Crocodile and a few restaurants as well, turn left and its a 5/10 minute walk into the centre. There's a restaurant called Viva Cyprus just along on the other side of the road, its about £12 for the set menu and it was bloody good, we ate there twice. Flintstones bar was good, decent prices and the free popcorn every time you got a drink made the kids happy.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: January 3, 2023, 10:21:13 pm »
Sardinia in June for me.  Never been so hopeful it doesn’t disappoint.  As long as the weather behaves is the main thing.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 3, 2023, 10:29:47 pm »
Any recommendations for a week/ten days in Croatia? Looking for a pool and beach holiday there and never been.

Posted earlier in this thread re Croatia.  Plenty of choices depending on which airport you fly into.  Cavtat or Babin Kuk if flying into Dubrovnik.  If it’s Split then resorts like Makarska will suffice.  The northern airport is Pula with resorts inc Rovinj and Porec.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #132 on: January 4, 2023, 02:07:55 am »
Sardinia in June for me.  Never been so hopeful it doesn’t disappoint.  As long as the weather behaves is the main thing.
We went in 2019. It was lovely. September if I recall correctly, and the weather was great.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #133 on: January 4, 2023, 09:13:28 am »
Carried too much holiday into this year so I’m having a week off in February to use some up.

My partner and I have in the past 5 years done Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Budapest, Bratislava, Tallinn, Krakow, Vienna, Hamburg, Copenhagen etc so are feeling a touch uninspired when it comes to Euro City breaks. We’re going to Palermo and Southern Italy potentially in May, any other shouts?

3 nights, cheapish, lots of stuff to do and good tours etc.

The alternative is that we go for one or two big nights in the UK with a nice meal and hotel. Looked at Ludlow and the Cotswolds so far but there’s often more value going abroad. Done the lakes loads as it’s only 2 hours away. Any other ideas taking into account Feb weather in the UK? We love a hike and a country pub.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 4, 2023, 09:24:09 am »
Lisbon ticks all the boxes for a three day trip. Good value, great food and drink, lots to do (plenty on foot) and generally excellent weather nearly year-round.

If you've already been there, another couple of good ones are Bilbao (weather a bit dodgy earlier in the year) and Valencia.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #135 on: January 4, 2023, 09:27:53 am »
Carried too much holiday into this year so I’m having a week off in February to use some up.

My partner and I have in the past 5 years done Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Budapest, Bratislava, Tallinn, Krakow, Vienna, Hamburg, Copenhagen etc so are feeling a touch uninspired when it comes to Euro City breaks. We’re going to Palermo and Southern Italy potentially in May, any other shouts?

The alternative is that we go for one or two big nights in the UK with a nice meal and hotel. Looked at Ludlow and the Cotswolds so far but there’s often more value going abroad. Done the lakes loads as it’s only 2 hours away. Any other ideas taking into account Feb weather in the UK? We love a hike and a country pub.

BA had/has a flights and hotel deal for NY in January/Feb :)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 4, 2023, 09:56:31 am »

You can't beat the Peak District for good walks and country pubs mate.

You've got Chatsworth where you can walk through the grounds and along the River Derwent. 

Bakewell, again with lovely walks, fabulous shops and obviously Bakewell Tarts. 

Castleton with Mam Tor and Blue John Caverns.

Matlock and Matlock Bath with the Heights of Abraham.

Carsington Water which is a Severn Trent reservoir with an interactive centre, restaurants, shops where you can either walk round or hire bikes.

Then you've Kinder Scout, Stannage Edge, Padley Gorge.

You're also not far away from Sheffield where you can enjoy a city evening, maybe book a show at The Lyceum or Crucible.

You could even do it by train straight through from Liverpool, then there are trains that take you into all the small villages in the Hope Valley. 

Hope, Hathersage, Bamford, Grindleford where you can walk to and around Ladybower Reservoir or up Padley George from Grindleford.  There's a great pub at the top of the Gorge called Fox House.

Your only issue might be the weather but it's a good option for both a City and Country break.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #137 on: January 4, 2023, 10:09:24 am »
Brought back memories of school trips and being dragged in a 10 mile walk round Castleton by my uncle when I was about 8 there!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 4, 2023, 10:14:38 am »
Brought back memories of school trips and being dragged in a 10 mile walk round Castleton by my uncle when I was about 8 there!

It made me a bit nostalgic too mate.  We'd do any of these walks on a weekend whenever the weather allowed.

Picnicking at the side of the Derwent at Chatsworth with the kids during the summer hols was always great and watching Barn Owls hunting just a few meters from us at Carsington Water was mesmerising.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 4, 2023, 03:16:40 pm »

TSC has already mentioned them a couple of times but Rovinj and Cavtat are wonderful resort towns in Croatia.

Rovinj is in the north and can get extremely busy because it's easily accessible by car for those driving down from central Europe. It's beautiful though and very Italian looking because of it's historic ties to Venice.

Cavtat is the southernmost Croatia resort, sitting about 12 miles south of Dubrovnik and only half an hour away from the border with Montenegro. Again it's very picturesque and straddles two small bays. Added bonus is you can get to Dubrovnik by regular water taxi in about 30 minutes, if you want a change of scenery

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #140 on: January 4, 2023, 03:19:28 pm »
Portavadie Loch Fyne for a few nights in March. Looks beautiful and I have never been to the west coast of Scotland.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g2243528-d2243529-Reviews-Portavadie_Loch_Fyne-Portavadie_Cowal_Peninsula_Argyll_and_Bute_Scotland.html

We got the ferry from there to Tarbert in 2021. Hell of a journey to get there - but with some staggeringly beautiful scenery.

The plan was to have a long weekend somewhere hottish (were looking Menorca or Majorca) at the end of June, then across the Brittany for the main holiday in the summer. But having to find an extra £400+ a month for the mortgage has killed that idea off.

Now just doing Brittany - but travelling a day early so we go overnight Portsmouth to Caen, then drive to the outskirts of Paris (the chaos caused by 1cm of snow last month meant our long weekend split between Paris and Disneyland Paris lost almost all the Paris element, and we want to go back and see it properly) to stay a night there after getting the RER into the city. Then drive across to Brittany.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 4, 2023, 04:46:52 pm »
Started looking for flights for our summer holiday this year. Argentina tickled my fancy but they're coming in at over a grand from Manchester. Had anyone ever been? If so, would you mind sharing how much you paid for your flights so I can get a baseline?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 4, 2023, 05:12:29 pm »
Started looking for flights for our summer holiday this year. Argentina tickled my fancy but they're coming in at over a grand from Manchester. Had anyone ever been? If so, would you mind sharing how much you paid for your flights so I can get a baseline?

Don't hire this car if you're over there:

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 5, 2023, 07:47:15 am »
We got the ferry from there to Tarbert in 2021. Hell of a journey to get there - but with some staggeringly beautiful scenery.

Yeah really looking forward to it. The ferry and scenery that is. Not the 6 hour drive. Hoping to get some really nice seafood and also do some fishing myself.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #144 on: January 5, 2023, 09:18:32 am »
Yeah really looking forward to it. The ferry and scenery that is. Not the 6 hour drive. Hoping to get some really nice seafood and also do some fishing myself.

6 hours Dave? Pah! That’s just a commute.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 5, 2023, 10:09:27 am »

You can now fly to Reykjavik from Liverpool in the winter, service stops between mid May and September. Not cheapish but would a lot different to your other destinations

Went a few years ago, amazing country. Didnt fly in or out so cant help with prices but their currency is quite unstable at the moment which could be affecting things.

Online CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: January 5, 2023, 10:51:29 am »

Marrakesh was great. Real assault on the senses stuff but dirt cheap when yo are there. Contrast between the old city and new in terms of architecture and attitudes of people was really interesting. We also went for a day walk in the Atlas mountains via a Berber village which was a lot of fun and not too demanding! We thought we had fucked it when we got there for the morning and everyone else was in walking boots etc and we had shorts and flip flops on but all turned out fine in the end!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 5, 2023, 07:13:41 pm »
Marrakesh and Istanbul are both perfect for a few days getaway. Loads to do and see, great food and doesn't break the bank.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #148 on: January 5, 2023, 07:44:24 pm »
2 weeks in the Far East Cambodia, Malaysia, Borneo trek and finish off in Singapore, can’t wait for some heat and humidity.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 5, 2023, 09:45:47 pm »
It did from the outside yes, looked very nice..

Turn right out of the hotel and its a short walk to a couple of sports bars and pubs, the Pegasus and Crocodile and a few restaurants as well, turn left and its a 5/10 minute walk into the centre. There's a restaurant called Viva Cyprus just along on the other side of the road, its about £12 for the set menu and it was bloody good, we ate there twice. Flintstones bar was good, decent prices and the free popcorn every time you got a drink made the kids happy.
Great stuff!

Thinking of going in March now mid to end of it.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2023, 03:49:17 pm »
Looking for some help folks. Sick of reading TripAdvisor reviews. Mostly fake.

Looking for a hottish getaway in mid to late May. Me, the missus and her two kids (8 and 11). We only got together during lockdown so I'm a noob at family resort holidays.

Looking for a good all-inclusive. Beach. Water slides for the kids. Decent entertainment (Football, table tennis, pool, darts etc).

Best I've seen so far within budget (Around £3k) would be this one https://www.rixos.com/en/hotel-resort/rixos-premium-seagate

Any recommendations welcome!
Ye wha la.

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2023, 04:07:02 pm »
2 weeks in the Far East Cambodia, Malaysia, Borneo trek and finish off in Singapore, can’t wait for some heat and humidity.

That's a lot to do in two weeks given the remoteness of eastern Cambodia and the amount of international flights! What does your itinerary look like?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2023, 04:13:37 pm »
Looking for some help folks. Sick of reading TripAdvisor reviews. Mostly fake.

Looking for a hottish getaway in mid to late May. Me, the missus and her two kids (8 and 11). We only got together during lockdown so I'm a noob at family resort holidays.

Looking for a good all-inclusive. Beach. Water slides for the kids. Decent entertainment (Football, table tennis, pool, darts etc).

Best I've seen so far within budget (Around £3k) would be this one https://www.rixos.com/en/hotel-resort/rixos-premium-seagate

Any recommendations welcome!

There's a Rixos at Lara Beach (a purpose-built resort outside of Antalya, Turkey). Quite a few 5* hotels lined along the beach with much the same facilities. You may be able to get a better price? (I don't know, it's a few years since we went to Lara)

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2023, 03:55:19 pm »
Anyone been campervaning before? How comfortable is it?

Plan for the honeymoon is a 3 week road trip round colorado, yellowstone and moab. To keep costs down thinking of going campervan instead of car and hotels. Only worry is 3 weeks in a van will be cramped. Might have a few nights in hotels still

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2023, 05:34:09 pm »
Anyone been campervaning before? How comfortable is it?

Plan for the honeymoon is a 3 week road trip round colorado, yellowstone and moab. To keep costs down thinking of going campervan instead of car and hotels. Only worry is 3 weeks in a van will be cramped. Might have a few nights in hotels still

We are actually having the same considerations regarding our trip in New Zealand in february. Can anyone recommend camper van'ing? What are does and donts? Also can anybody recommend any good rental companies in New Zealand for campers? :-)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2023, 05:41:41 pm »
If the campervan’s rocking, don’t come a-knocking.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2023, 05:55:22 pm »
Anyone know much about Tenerife? Looking to go in a few weeks for five nights with a mate. Wondering where the best spot to stay is? We don't want to stay in the really British touristy area. Much rather be somewhere more authentic with locals etc. We can always pop into the busy tourist bit if we fancy it. Also anything that you really have to do/see when over there? Cheers in advance.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2023, 06:10:25 pm »
Anyone know much about Tenerife? Looking to go in a few weeks for five nights with a mate. Wondering where the best spot to stay is? We don't want to stay in the really British touristy area. Much rather be somewhere more authentic with locals etc. We can always pop into the busy tourist bit if we fancy it. Also anything that you really have to do/see when over there? Cheers in advance.

Still not done this, but go up Mount Teide, or as Kesey on here will tell you, get the ferry over to La Gomera.If you are into water parks, Siam Park is down near Americas.

I've only ever stayed in Callao Salvaje and Puerta Del Santiago/Los Gigantes. They're both nice but very quiet. We've gone through Adeje town, its the other side of the TF1 motorway from Las Americas and that area and that looks lovely, very Spanish. That would be a worth a look as its only a short journey into Fanabe/Torviscas/Americas/Cristianos

5 weeks is school holidays btw, so it'll be a lot more expensive. We fly out 13th Feb

Offline Careca9

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2023, 07:56:22 pm »
Might be a controversial shout but best beaches in Europe for me are found in Sardinia - if you can and have time book a car and drive around inland Sardinia as well  amazing hilly country, Costa smeralda (emerald coast) up north of the island is where the high flyers go but it is worth a look as it is very beautiful, extremely pricey though In that area but rest of Sardinia is very reasonable

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2023, 10:12:00 pm »
Might be a controversial shout but best beaches in Europe for me are found in Sardinia - if you can and have time book a car and drive around inland Sardinia as well  amazing hilly country, Costa smeralda (emerald coast) up north of the island is where the high flyers go but it is worth a look as it is very beautiful, extremely pricey though In that area but rest of Sardinia is very reasonable
Not controversial for me. We thought the same when we went. Mrs Spion even prefers the beaches there to the Caribbean.

A sample :-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wlqwVRFlG9w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wlqwVRFlG9w</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xKvwwo5wwSE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xKvwwo5wwSE</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.