Author Topic: Living in London  (Read 168314 times)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Living in London
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:40:00 pm »
Going to have to do this permanently fairly soon it seems, near the Kings Cross area. Heading there temporarily for a bit as well quite soon.

Any good boozers, bedsits about?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:03:04 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Living in London
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:50:34 pm »
Plenty of brasses about around Kings Cross, that's for sure.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:04:09 pm »
The Fellow

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/37/37566/Fellow/Camden

is a lot less horrible than most pubs near railway stations.

Why Kings Cross?
Justice for the 96!

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:02 pm »
Kings cross ain't all that bad i live about a 10 minute walk from there, you used to get ropey skagged up looking brasses outside the station day and night but there are loads of coppers there now so they hide away i guess.
It's also fairly central so you can get home really easy at all hours so you don't have to confine your drinking to kings cross. i used to drink in this place called the lincoln lounge along there because i was working in the guardian building just along the road, it's a strange boozer for london, dead friendly staff and a real local feel to it even though it's in the center of town, even thought it was a bit fruity at first but turns out it's just not as cold as some pubs down here.
Also there's a dance college right next door, which is nice as some of them get jobs behind the bar!

As for brasses, i'll get researching for you and report back  :)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »
Kings Cross is a shithole.

Come live in the suburbs and get the met line in.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 02:16:01 pm »

Come live in the suburbs and get the met line in.

The Met Line is Beelzebub's personal transport. West of Baker Street the carriages bounce. The undulations of the track must be close to the resonant frequency of the suspension or some such. Anyway, the "bounce" has an emetic effect. It's the most unpleasant train to travel on hungover. And I have been hungover on all of the tube lines.

The Northern Line and Piccadilly line are much more pleasant travelling, even if the Northern Line northbound does pass through some of the most concentrated twattiness in the capital.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:39 pm »
How come you're moving to London, for your sports journalism career?
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Online Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:18:04 pm »
Kings Cross is better now than it used to be.  Used to do shift work at the old York Road station on York Way many years ago and back then the place was crawling with hookers.  I mean proper skaggy 2 bob ones.  We'd sometimes pop out in the early hours to get the days papers and it wasn't uncommon for them to invite you to "fuck me please?!".  Er, not in a million years thanks you flea-ridden vermin!

I even remember there was a pimp that used to operate from an ice-cream van.  You'd hear the chimes and look out onto Goods Way (famous of the chief of the DPP getting caught trying to pick up a hooker ;D) and there'd be all these women crowded round.  Sure they all could've been buying a flake 99....but at 3am....in the middle of January?!!?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »
Sure they all could've been buying a flake 99....but at 3am....in the middle of January?!!?
With your reputation?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:33 pm »
yes move to the suburbs, take the northern line :D loads of hot chicks at all hours
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 02:25:42 pm »
L6, are you definitely going to be near Kings X or is it just an idea? Where are the offices?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:00 pm »
central line is the best. hate the met line, very slow as well as the reasons above.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 02:54:01 pm »
central line is the best. hate the met line, very slow as well as the reasons above.
gotta agree with the slowness, im on the northern line, and find that if i go from wembley to moorgate it will take me longer then from where i am to moorgate despite the distance being shorter from wembley.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:49 pm »
With your reputation?

They must be absolutely stark raving bonkers! Daisy, daddy's home! ;D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 06:17:58 pm »

Id argue West London (Hounslow, Southall, Hayes) has the highest concentration of Liverpool fans in London if that counts.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 06:22:08 pm »
Living in London? Three words of advice -

Don't do it.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline George Costanza

• Main Stander
  • "I am not for everyone."
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 06:28:38 pm »
yes move to the suburbs, take the northern line :D loads of hot chicks at all hours

Second this.
"OUR manager"

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 06:52:18 pm »
Living in London? Three words of advice -

Don't do it.

Not much choice, really.

I will be working at Kings Cross so any commute would be sound as well, as long as it isn't too rough.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 06:53:51 pm »
are you moving cos of me?
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »
Some decent boozers in and around KX. The Angel ain't too far away, or Camden.

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »
Forgot to say, The Flying Scotsman (about 2 mins from KX) is probably a cross between what you're looking for (strippers + ale).

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:05 pm »
Not much choice, really.

I will be working at Kings Cross so any commute would be sound as well, as long as it isn't too rough.
How much will you be charging for a blowie?

Were you on University Challenge?
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »
nope, Eggheads

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 07:00:27 pm »
nope, Eggheads
Oh well I doubt he is moving because of you.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 07:01:54 pm »
Forget all this commuting baloney, do as I do, live centrally, and walk everywhere (keeps the waistline slimmer as you take advantage of the thousands of boozers in London!)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

Moving in spite of you babe.  :(

Ta for all the answers so far. Exciting in a way. Prob won't be till Easter onwards though permanently.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 07:03:59 pm »
what job did you get?

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 07:15:42 pm »
Moving in spite of you babe.  :(

Ta for all the answers so far. Exciting in a way. Prob won't be till Easter onwards though permanently.

L6, nothing's permanent, circumstances and opportunities change on an on-going basis, so who knows how it all turns out, and what happens in the future.

In my case, my parents emigrated when I was young, and once I "flew the nest" at 18, I never lived in the same home for more than 3 years.  Now, at the ripe age of mid-50's, I've lived in 8 countries & 14 cities.

Some people like the "familiarity" of living in the community they were born in, others like the broadening exposure of new places & faces.  I hope your move ends up being rewarding & fulfilling for you....good luck!

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 07:20:51 pm »
Kris, go to Whitechapel instead and murder the brasses. You'll get your own statue in Madame Tussauds.
The ones on Commercial Street would give the Kings X ones a run for their money. (shudder)

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 07:25:11 pm »

Correct. Stinks of rat piss.

The place is fuckin dogturd, especially at night full of drunks, weirdos and prossies.

Better to move out a bit in north London somewhere classier, maybe towards Hampstead and Golders Green if you've got a few bob to spare. The only downside is you'll have to put up with lots of Arsenal and Spurs gobshites at that end.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 07:32:20 pm »
Correct. Stinks of rat piss.

The place is fuckin dogturd, especially at night full of drunks, weirdos and prossies.

Better to move out a bit in north London somewhere classier, maybe towards Hampstead and Golders Green if you've got a few bob to spare. The only downside is you'll have to put up with lots of Arsenal and Spurs gobshites at that end.
Golders Green? With a few bob to spare? Shomer f***ing shabbos...

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 07:49:14 pm »
London is fine to live in, except for the polution, the traffic, the cost, the people, particularly the people, it would much better without cockernees.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
London is fine to live in, except for the polution, the traffic, the cost, the people, particularly the people, it would much better without cockernees.

None where I live, all out-of-towners/foreigners.  See the occasional Chelsea fan though, unfortunately.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:55 pm »
London is great. You will love it.

Although, its probably the worse place to be if your feeling low or unhappy because the constant noise, people and rush will compound it will make you detest every part of it, as apposed to other parts of the country.

So basically, remain happy forever and you will be fine.

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:39 pm »
London is, like everywhere, what you make of it. The ingredients to have a great time are there. Lots to do and contrary to popular belief, a lot of the good stuff is free.

Having spent some time up north, I see how some of you would complain about the people down here... they are generally colder and more uptight.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 08:16:18 pm »
For a city of such size, I wouldn't classify London as "polluted", especially if you don't live too centrally - if you, say, head out West along the Thames, it's nice and fresh.
And "cockneys" are easily avoided - I don't seem to even seem encounter that many c*ntish ones at my week end football.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:12 pm »
London is great. You will love it.

Although, its probably the worse place to be if your feeling low or unhappy because the constant noise, people and rush will compound it will make you detest every part of it, as apposed to other parts of the country.

So basically, remain happy forever and you will be fine.

We've got a depot in Walthamstow, it's a shithole like quite a few areas of London, some nice places though but in the main polluted by wankers who don't have any manners whatsover.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »
And "cockneys" are easily avoided - I don't seem to even seem encounter that many c*ntish ones at my week end football.

Living in Kings Cross, your not really going to meet many cockneys, let alone many londoners.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 08:21:00 pm »
Most people in London are foreigners or english people from outside london.

True cockneys are a dying breed.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 08:22:12 pm »
Most people in London are foreigners or english people from outside london.

True cockneys are a dying breed.

Thank god!