Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432345 times)

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #16200 on: May 29, 2017, 09:11:35 pm »
This guy will win jack in England.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #16201 on: May 29, 2017, 10:44:07 pm »
This guy will win jack in England.

I highly doubt he'll even win that.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16202 on: May 29, 2017, 11:01:21 pm »
Yet your post is to a Benfica supporter.  ;D

I think he knows about the league and players better than you do.

exactly, it's not like I have a comission in Benfica deals.... for me all these players would stay at Benfica for all their carreer.
I'm just saying, that from a "benfiquista" point of view I donīt think we have lost anything with the trade Oblak-Ederson... and then Ederson has that goal kick that I've never seen before in a keeper... despite that I donīt see how that will suit Guardiola's style.

I'm also curious to see who will be the next Benfica keeper, donīt think that Julio Cesar is capable of do the task now after these 2.

Also you will hear a lot about Lindelof and Nelson Semedo these days... I would rank Nelson Semedo way higher if i had to bet in one to succeed... Mendes will do all he can to sell both of them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:09:50 pm by theartist »

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16203 on: May 29, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16204 on: May 29, 2017, 11:11:11 pm »
exactly, it's not like I have a comission in Benfica deals.... for me all these players would stay at Benfica for all their carreer.
I'm just saying, that from a "benfiquista" point of view I donīt think we have lost anything with the trade Oblak-Ederson... and then Ederson has that goal kick that I've never seen before in a keeper... despite that I donīt see how that will suit Guardiola's style.

I'm also curious to see who will be the next Benfica keeper, donīt think that Julio Cesar is capable of do the taks now.

Also you will hear a lot about Lindelof and Nelson Semedo these days... I would rank Nelson Semedo way higher if i had to bet in one to succeed.

As someone who watches Portuguese football, how highly do you rate William Carvalho. City have been linked with him. He's been linked with a premier league move for about 5 years now. Always to Arsenal, for some reason we never made the move and now city are linked.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16205 on: May 29, 2017, 11:22:57 pm »
As someone who watches Portuguese football, how highly do you rate William Carvalho. City have been linked with him. He's been linked with a premier league move for about 5 years now. Always to Arsenal, for some reason we never made the move and now city are linked.

I'm from Benfica and maybe will be seen as biased in my response, but I'm not sure what is the problem with William... Sometimes he seems a beast but then his form drop and he looks like a banal player for the major part os the season, without any speed or pace and lack of will.
I just donīt understand if he is lacking another competitive stimule that he could get outside Sporting and in the premier or if it is that, in fact, he isnīt really that good. Comparing to the last defensive midfielders that left Portugal I would rank him below Matic and Fernando... and a bit above Javi Garcia. He is 25 now. Donīt think he would made that of an. impact in any top team from premier.

Also it's not easy to be sure of how a defensive player from a top team from Portugal will perform in another context because I donīt know if you guys realize but portuguese teams are masters of cattenacio and other not so noble forms to try and keep a nill-nill... so a small team playing agains Benfica, Porto or Sporting is sometimes 95% of the time defending... in some matches until they suffer the 1st goal they wonīt even try to attack.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:26:57 pm by theartist »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16206 on: May 30, 2017, 12:28:13 am »
I agree with those saying that if City do indeed buy all the players who are alleged to be on their list, and then don't win the league, that Guardiola will get blamed for it. (Incidentally, he will get blamed in a way that Mourinho didn't after assembling the most expensive team in the history of football, but that's a digression for another time.)

But isn't Guardiola at City a different thing than Guardiola at Barca or Bayern, simply because at City he is just another shiny new toy as part of the collection of shiny new toys that have been gathered there since the day Robinho arrived, thinking he was being transferred to United? I think it lessens the man to have gone there and I'm sure part of him feels that this is far less his project than was that triumphant Barca team he brought through with 9 local academy graduates or whatever it was. That team was the opposite of the Galacticos over in Madrid, but now he has become a Galactico himself. He will realise that as a shiny new toy of the owners he is much more replaceable than he was at his previous clubs, especially Barca. "This toy is no longer shiny or new, get me a new one."

The players will know this too. As shiny new toys together, Guardiola is more their peer at Man City rather than their boss.

His task for next season is to take a bunch of toys and make a team out of them. To do so, he will have to ruffle feathers, and that's harder when he is more like the players' peer. Why should they take this treatment from a peer?

I guess what I'm saying in a roundabout way is that I won't be surprised to see Guardiola's City fail next year because football isn't just about which team is the shiniest and newest, and that includes the manager.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16207 on: May 30, 2017, 12:53:09 am »
I'm sure he will be succesful next season, but he'll gain little respect doing it, which is ironic, cos apparently this was the job where he was actually going to be proved worthy of the reputation. But spending a shit ton of money on premier talent, knowing you can blow pretty much all but 1 or 2 other teams out of the water regards wages and transfer fees, isn't exactly the way to go about proving that! But hey, I guess he's cool with it, he's known for a while he ws going to City and what they are about.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16208 on: May 30, 2017, 10:31:37 am »
Of course, but i find the faux outrage that is common on this forum and others laughable. We are the ninth richest club in the world and spend millions every summer. We are part of the "problem".

Anyone who expresses any 'outrage' over City's spending, would criticse us spending close to 100M on Van Dijk and Keita as well then ?

They spend because they can. Simple as. Its why we've expanded our stadium, go to the other side of the world after a gruelling season just to play a meaningless friendly and are discussing naming rights to our stadium. We have to compete with these clubs and the way we do it would be much more satisfying as we wouldn't be spending a sheikh or russian oligarch's money, but our own. Spending big, while being self sustainable. And make no mistake, we will be spending huge money. So if you guys see it as a problem, we are a part of it. Stop being self righteous over something we are doing ourselves.

As for Pep, again, money isn't a guarantee for success, as Maureen's marauders just proved. He has to play them in a system, with players who fit the setup. The amount of money spent is no different to what other top managers (including Klopp) will be doing. Why should he deprive himself of the oppotunity to sign the very best, just to show up meaningless criticism like "he can't do it without spending big". Absolute rubbish. He is one of the great managers in the world because of his football. He entertains.

But but how dare he doesn't say no to all that money available? Why doesn't he stand around watching other teams spend money this summer? Why doesn't he do a FM and play the kids or never join City in the first place? Why didn't he keep all the liabilities at the full back position and prove his worth with them?

PS: Guardiola is not only one of the best because of the football his teams provide. It's also because of the trophies he's won and bettering lots of the players he has at disposal. He did it at Barca and he did it at Bayern.
Yes, he got a break with his first job but once he was in and proved his worth while he could have easily sunk though, there was no looking back.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16209 on: May 30, 2017, 10:36:19 am »
I cannot believe that fans think that managers like Guardiola should just stand around, watch other sides spend money so that they can claim some moral or ideological victory and get respect.

City and Guardiola want to win. They are backing their manager and are going for it. Fair play to them and I would hope we would do the same.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16210 on: May 30, 2017, 10:46:53 am »
I cannot believe that fans think that managers like Guardiola should just stand around, watch other sides spend money so that they can claim some moral or ideological victory and get respect.

City and Guardiola want to win. They are backing their manager and are going for it. Fair play to them and I would hope we would do the same.

No doubt. What is he supposed to do, not improve the team?  He took over an ageing Man City squad that needs work, which means players need to be bought. 

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16211 on: May 30, 2017, 11:02:43 am »
No doubt. What is he supposed to do, not improve the team?  He took over an ageing Man City squad that needs work, which means players need to be bought.
True, but he is being incredibly wasteful with the talent he has available. For instance replacing a Ģ20m goalkeeper the next summer with a Ģ45m goalkeeper. Signing another attacking midfielder for Ģ60m when they are well stocked in that position. Supposedly letting one of the most talent young players in Europe leave.

He's hardly utilising the talent at his disposal in a way the supposedly best manager in the world should be.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16212 on: May 30, 2017, 11:16:15 am »
True, but he is being incredibly wasteful with the talent he has available. For instance replacing a Ģ20m goalkeeper the next summer with a Ģ45m goalkeeper. Signing another attacking midfielder for Ģ60m when they are well stocked in that position. Supposedly letting one of the most talent young players in Europe leave.

He's hardly utilising the talent at his disposal in a way the supposedly best manager in the world should be.

He signed a keeper who performed well below what was expected. Its not the first expensive player who doesn't work out and needs replacing.  It happens.

Are they well stocked with better players?  Silva I see operating on the right but will play narrow which may see Sterling missing out.  Sterling to leave? Not sure about that but it will provide more options.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16213 on: May 30, 2017, 11:39:27 am »

Bravo was terrible, so he is moving on. It makes sense when you are City to keep going until you sign the right player.

Bernardo Silva looks a top player and David Silva is getting on. They have acted to replace him in good time rather than do what they have done which is keep an aging set of players for too long.

Its clear they are doing this to win.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16214 on: May 30, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »

Gabriel Jesus, painting walls, barefooted before the 2014 WC. These Brazilians really do keep the romance alive.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16215 on: May 30, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »

but Liverpool can't do the same. I can't believe you actually think they can do what City are doing.

And nope, don't expect him to stand around. I just find a bit of an irony that this was the job where he was going to prove himself to some people who like to downplay his achievements for taking the easy job at Bayern.   Yet, it'll do nothing of the sort. After he's done with City, he'll still get called out, for taking a job this time where he can basically spend what he wants to build a team.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16216 on: May 30, 2017, 04:12:28 pm »
but Liverpool can't do the same. I can't believe you actually think they can do what City are doing.

And nope, don't expect him to stand around. I just find a bit of an irony that this was the job where he was going to prove himself to some people who like to downplay his achievements for taking the easy job at Bayern.   Yet, it'll do nothing of the sort. After he's done with City, he'll still get called out, for taking a job this time where he can basically spend what he wants to build a team.

We havent even done part of what City have done. We have hardly spent anything of note for the past few years.

He wasnt put in a job to try to fortify his legacy. He was brought in to win, whatever the cost.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16217 on: May 30, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »
We havent even done part of what City have done. We have hardly spent anything of note for the past few years.

He wasnt put in a job to try to fortify his legacy. He was brought in to win, whatever the cost.

We've spent plenty, we've just recouped a lot.

They don't need to, so they just farm players out regardless of how much money they're on, or just let players sit around and play a few games a season. Lets not pretend we haven't spent a lot of money too just to push an agenda.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16218 on: May 30, 2017, 04:24:42 pm »
We've spent plenty, we've just recouped a lot.

They don't need to, so they just farm players out regardless of how much money they're on, or just let players sit around and play a few games a season. Lets not pretend we haven't spent a lot of money too just to push an agenda.

We have spent on the back of making money so we havent had to delve deep into any pockets. Maybe we need to sell to spend again?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16219 on: May 30, 2017, 04:59:10 pm »
We have spent on the back of making money so we havent had to delve deep into any pockets. Maybe we need to sell to spend again?

We'll find out won't we, come the end of August. Not now.

I understand the worries and concerns, but the wailing from some (and that's not aimed at you particularly, by the way) when we're not even out of May, is ridiculous.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16220 on: May 30, 2017, 05:03:25 pm »
Lets not pretend we haven't spent a lot of money too just to push an agenda.
That agenda being up until recently, "we have no idea what we're doing".
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16221 on: May 30, 2017, 06:54:42 pm »

It's crazy, they think Guardiola should keep playing Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernando, Toure etc. until the day they retire. All the while they wouldn't want any of these guys playing for their clubs.

ManCity squad is fairly old. It's one thing if Guardiola was freezing out the likes of Shaw and Martial, young players, these are old players who weren't even good enough in their best days (except Toure). Nowadays, these are Arbeloa equivalents, who incidentally has done nothing after he left Madrid.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16222 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:56 pm »

OK, pray tell how exactly is he supposed to utilize what he has including those he is letting go? Please, show a formation and team that is supposed to win trophies. Just write down the names.

Also, you seem to be very liberal with numbers. Is he really buying a goalkeeper for 45m pounds? Or did you just decide to add 10-15m to exaggerate your point?

Bayern Munich have a fantastic squad. What are they going to do this summer? Right, they are going to spend. They already spent big. They bought Renato Sanchez last summer and they were well stocked in midfield. Didn't stop them.
Real Madrid bought a teenager who has almost no pro career so far for 30-45m depending on the sources. They aren't even going to use him for next 2 years. They also had a 120m bid for Mbappe rejected. Yet, their squad is probably the best in the world. Aren't they well stocked in midfield and in attack? Why aren't their using what they have.
Barca have world best attack, a huge number of players in the team, but what is Valverde going to do? Correct, spend.

You better deal with the realities of modern football. I thought by now people understood how it works.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16223 on: May 30, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »
Its hilarious though. Guardiola haters were/are adamant that unless he wins Champions League with City, it is not success. Yet, they seemingly expect him to win CL with Kolarov or Sagna as a right back, Clichy or Kolarov as a left back, Otamendi, Mangala and Stones in defense, Toure, Fernandino and Fernando in midfield. They also think that Hart should have been in goal, not Bravo. So from what I understand, they expect the team below to win CL in 2018:

Hart
 Zabaleta     Mangala/Kompany Stones/Otamendi   Kolarov
                     Fernandinho-Toure

This is hilarious, there is absolutely 0 logic in that.

Online Achilles Heel

• Son of Thetis and Peleus, King of the Myrmidons. Possibly a hick from the Styx.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16224 on: May 30, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
I've posted this before but the big money signings since the start of 15/16 (Otamendi aside) are all young and all to be moulded the Guardiola way in a team and squad that will look radically different next year:

Gabriel Jesus - 19
Sane - 20
Sterling - 22
Stones - 22
KDB - 25 (the same age as Firmino)

Then the "academy" players most likely to feature:

Ihenacho - 20 ( been with City 3 years)
Aleix Garcia - 19 (been with City 18 months)
and I'd bet big that at least 1 more academy player will break through next year and hopefully more

There are 6 over 30s out of contract and on their way  in 5 months time:
Navas
Yaya
Zaba
Clichy
Sagna
Caballero

Other over 30s apart from keepers:
Fernandinho (31)
Kolarov (31)
Silva (31)
Kompany (30)
Nolito (30)
Of those 5 Kolarov stinks the place out and Kompany, sadly, looks as if he might be finished. Nolito started really well this season but of favour/homesick.   Fernandinho has been/is great and is stupidly fit. Contrary to what a few on here say Silva has had an excellent season IMO, adapted with ease to Pep's way and he has got 2 1/2 years left on his contract.

Under 30's (now) with contracts to 2019 and beyond:
Aguero
Gundogan
Fernando
Otamendi
Delph
Of those 5 Aguero is obviously top notch (albeit doesn't look right at the mo) and Gundogan is quality if fit but looking tough with injury for him. Fernando and Delph are both dispensible albeit might stay as squad players due length of their contracts. Otamendi polarises opinion - I think he is great. So do whoscored where he "statistically" the highest ranked defender in the EPL this season and actually in the overall top 10 which includes 3 Liverpool players.

Overall a big switch from an old team to a young team next season.

I'm quoting myself from a post in January which lists most of the squad.  4 months down the line and not much has changed although it does like YaYa is getting an extension but on a highly reduced wage.
This was always going to be a big summer for incoming players

Online Achilles Heel

• Son of Thetis and Peleus, King of the Myrmidons. Possibly a hick from the Styx.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16225 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »
It's crazy, they think Guardiola should keep playing Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernando, Toure etc. until the day they retire. All the while they wouldn't want any of these guys playing for their clubs.

ManCity squad is fairly old. It's one thing if Guardiola was freezing out the likes of Shaw and Martial, young players, these are old players who weren't even good enough in their best days (except Toure). Nowadays, these are Arbeloa equivalents, who incidentally has done nothing after he left Madrid.

Zaba not good enough? :)   He was a fundamental part to the title wins in 11/12 and 13/14. In fact he played more than any other City player in 13/14 and probably the best RB in the league

To a lesser extent Clichy, he played about 50 times in those 2 title winning seasons.

The problem with both of them is that they are both well past their best.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16226 on: May 30, 2017, 07:38:20 pm »
yeah Zaba was one of the best fullbacks in the league in his prime
Iīll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16227 on: May 30, 2017, 10:00:56 pm »
City will have a big summer until FFP truly works, or their owners gets bored / sent to prison. Sure some summers might be bigger than others. But they will spend Ģ150m+ every season.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16228 on: May 30, 2017, 10:13:42 pm »
Its hilarious though. Guardiola haters were/are adamant that unless he wins Champions League with City, it is not success. Yet, they seemingly expect him to win CL with Kolarov or Sagna as a right back, Clichy or Kolarov as a left back, Otamendi, Mangala and Stones in defense, Toure, Fernandino and Fernando in midfield. They also think that Hart should have been in goal, not Bravo. So from what I understand, they expect the team below to win CL in 2018:

Hart
 Zabaleta     Mangala/Kompany Stones/Otamendi   Kolarov
                     Fernandinho-Toure

This is hilarious, there is absolutely 0 logic in that.

Rafa won one with Djimi Traore left back, Steve Finnan right back, Riise on left wing, Kewell and Baros as our 2 forwards. He's better than Pep though  8)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #16229 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43:51 pm »
1. Liverpool
2. Spurs
3. Arsenal
4. Leicester
5. Man City
6. Chelsea
7. United

I'll take that. Not like it's gonna happen though ;D you'd probably get odds of 5000/1 for that.

Yeah cos you know United will be 6th.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16230 on: May 30, 2017, 11:23:24 pm »

Gabriel Jesus, painting walls, barefooted before the 2014 WC. These Brazilians really do keep the romance alive.

Sorry to inform you but that is a road, not a wall. I hope this hasn't turned your world upside down (or on it's side?)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16231 on: May 30, 2017, 11:28:20 pm »

That's Pep and Txiki's fault though. It's well known he was signing players ready for Pep, and they knew many months before last summer that Pep was joining. They could have done something about it prior to this summer, and they could have done something about it during the summer (as they did with Bravo and Stones). My heart bleeds for the poor mites

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #16232 on: May 31, 2017, 12:22:38 am »
Did i dream Leicester winning the League with the likes of Jamie Vardy, Robert Huth, Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Drinkwater ?

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #16233 on: May 31, 2017, 01:09:43 am »
Ederson, Walker, Bonucci, Mendy, Silva, Sanchez?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16234 on: May 31, 2017, 01:36:56 am »

So far, they have signed only 1 of those players.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16235 on: May 31, 2017, 03:00:01 am »
I'm quoting myself from a post in January which lists most of the squad.  4 months down the line and not much has changed although it does like YaYa is getting an extension but on a highly reduced wage.
This was always going to be a big summer for incoming players

Your section on academy players is incredibly optimistic. Iheanacho is getting sold and Aleix Garcia has made one league appearance since January, and of course neither of them is an actual academy graduate. I can't see anyone breaking through, even Patrick Roberts (also not an academy player but maybe an "academy" player) who looked like a possibility now has added competition from Silva and, potentially, Sanchez.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16236 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:11 am »

There isn't any room for Sanchez there unless Aguero leaves, surely? I appreciate Iheanacho will leave but Jesus, Aguero, Sanchez, Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane would be too much to keep happy? That is assuming Silva and Bernardo will take one of two/three midfield positions with Gundogan and Fernando?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16237 on: May 31, 2017, 11:32:19 am »
There isn't any room for Sanchez there unless Aguero leaves, surely? I appreciate Iheanacho will leave but Jesus, Aguero, Sanchez, Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane would be too much to keep happy? That is assuming Silva and Bernardo will take one of two/three midfield positions with Gundogan and Fernando?

They will want a front 3 so Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Sanchez would rotate those positions and De Bruyne, David Silva, Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan would rotate the midfield positions.

Apparently he wants another midfielder as well. How you keep all those players happy i don't know.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16238 on: May 31, 2017, 11:42:33 am »
You play them in the League Cup.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16239 on: May 31, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »
They will want a front 3 so Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Sanchez would rotate those positions and De Bruyne, David Silva, Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan would rotate the midfield positions.

Apparently he wants another midfielder as well. How you keep all those players happy i don't know.

Theyve each got 300 thousand reasons a week to be happy