Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12298962 times)

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #102440 on: November 21, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »
Just spotted Dal Varesanovic has left and joined Sarajevo.  Probably because he only played a handful of times in the 2 seasons at U18s.  Actually, that’s probably an exaggeration.  Sorry it never worked out for him, but at least he leaves young enough to build a career elsewhere.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #102441 on: November 22, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »
Nat Phillips, Neco Williams, and most interestingly, Leighton Clarkson on the bench for tonight's game.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #102442 on: November 24, 2020, 12:50:21 pm »
"Paul Glatzel and Joe Hardy are set to be sidelined for several weeks after suffering ankle ligament injuries."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/417018-paul-glatzel-and-joe-hardy-injury-update

Glatzel doesn't seem to have any luck.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #102443 on: November 24, 2020, 01:12:15 pm »
"Paul Glatzel and Joe Hardy are set to be sidelined for several weeks after suffering ankle ligament injuries."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/417018-paul-glatzel-and-joe-hardy-injury-update

Glatzel doesn't seem to have any luck.

Both were extremely unlucky, especially as it an awful challenge on Hardy. I wonder if Stewart will move up and be reunited with Fidel O'Rourke.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102444 on: November 26, 2020, 08:40:23 pm »
Finally got round to watching theu18s vs Leeds highlights and Stewart again seemed to just dominate. Backheel assist for Frauendorf's goal was ridiculous. Not sure if he was already there, but saw he was added to the Champions League squad as well. Wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing training with the first team like Cain and Clarkson. Maybe on the bench in the CL if we qualify before the last game?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102445 on: November 26, 2020, 09:23:01 pm »
I’ve just got around to watching the U23s match v Port Vale.  I know Billy K hasn’t played many matches but he had a really bad day at the office in my view.    Very slow at getting back when ball given away (to the point of looking like a snail and was being overtaken by others in a worse starting position), gave the ball away in bad positions himself, and slack marking.   While he is training up, I think he is a long way from the first team squad proper.  I’m not saying he’s rubbish, or no chance of making it.  Just that he did look to be well off the pace in that match from the highlights, and needs many more games to learn before he can be relied on at senior level.  Perhaps a bit like Sepp when he arrived, who trained with the firsts but dropped down to play.  Sepp seems to now be training with the U23s but has certainly improved since the first half of last year. 

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102446 on: November 28, 2020, 10:31:40 pm »
Appears he want any better in today's U23 game - https://twitter.com/RowdenJRSG/status/1332682771001716737

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102447 on: November 29, 2020, 10:17:31 am »
Yeah the u23s got a bit of a hammering yesterday. Looks like Stewart has been moved up with them though alongside Morton

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102448 on: November 29, 2020, 01:43:38 pm »
Yeah the u23s got a bit of a hammering yesterday. Looks like Stewart has been moved up with them though alongside Morton

Stewart’s chance has probably come early given the injuries to Glatzel and Hardy.   But no doubt he deserves it.    Fidel gets some minutes on rotation but rarely starts. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102449 on: November 30, 2020, 12:12:36 pm »
Another odd choice of time for the u18s. Playing Tuesday night so there's not going to be any live coverage.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102450 on: December 1, 2020, 06:40:44 pm »
Premier League statement on entry requirements for overseas players post Brexit: "The number of overseas U21 players a club can sign will be limited to three in the Jan transfer window and six per season. Clubs will not be able to sign overseas players until they are 18."

All new signings from European Union nations will require a work permit that will be allocated on a points-based system. Big news

Ed Aarons, Guardian.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102451 on: December 1, 2020, 06:46:10 pm »
If that's the same for English players going abroad that's a much worse deal for the FA than Premier League clubs in terms of youth development.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102452 on: December 1, 2020, 07:06:11 pm »
Interesting (perhaps) that Billy has dropped back down to the U18s in their match tonight v Burnley. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102453 on: December 1, 2020, 07:34:37 pm »
And Billy scores, that’ll do him some good.  Also Cannonier.  2-0

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #102454 on: December 1, 2020, 08:31:35 pm »
Premier League statement on entry requirements for overseas players post Brexit: "The number of overseas U21 players a club can sign will be limited to three in the Jan transfer window and six per season. Clubs will not be able to sign overseas players until they are 18."

All new signings from European Union nations will require a work permit that will be allocated on a points-based system. Big news

Ed Aarons, Guardian.

However

tariq panja@tariqpanja
Some clubs can get around this by partnering with smaller foreign teams and particularly those that are part of multi club models. Could sign players under 18 and those that don’t immediately meet criteria.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #102455 on: December 1, 2020, 10:45:12 pm »
We’re bringing through a fuckload of quality kids right now.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102456 on: December 5, 2020, 10:38:38 am »
The under 18’s are taking on Man United at 11.00am.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102457 on: December 5, 2020, 10:50:31 am »
However

tariq panja@tariqpanja
Some clubs can get around this by partnering with smaller foreign teams and particularly those that are part of multi club models. Could sign players under 18 and those that don’t immediately meet criteria.

But if the youth players come in later to UK  after they turn 18, then they do not qualify for local homegrown player status. Which means less European players at English clubs.

English clubs will start doing what Barca & Real do - bring in the whole family when the kids are teenagers. But a lot more risky and expensive punt on getting the talent into the local club youth system.

It could mean smaller international talent at English clubs eventually

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102458 on: December 5, 2020, 11:01:00 am »
How many foreign born players actually have home grown status for clubs? It must make up a tiny amount of the overall number of registered players. I just can't see that being too big of an issue for clubs to put them off the multi-club development model of that's the way it goes.

U18s are on lfctv against Manchester United. Kickoff 1130.

Team:
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1335170802472333312?s=19

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102459 on: December 5, 2020, 11:03:45 am »
Looks like Stewart with dovetail between the under 18's and 23's this season. It will be a test this game as United have some good form themselves so far.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102460 on: December 5, 2020, 11:15:25 am »
U23s not playing this weekend, unless an unadvertised game, so Stewart can drop back down.  Amazed to see Blair back on the bench.  Assumed the injury earlier this year was a really serious one. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102461 on: December 5, 2020, 11:41:42 am »
We had all the early play yet United nick the lead with their first attack.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102462 on: December 5, 2020, 11:59:43 am »
United getting away with every challenge as usual. We should have had a corner before after their goalie touched the ball but got nothing. We are playing much better in the last ten minutes, need to get Frauendorf on the ball more, he always looks dangerous. Corness was unlucky with a freekick which hit the crossbar.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 12:26:17 pm by Jillc Bell Rock »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102463 on: December 5, 2020, 12:17:48 pm »
United go 2 up, another smash and grab by the jammy arses. But we are making hard work of it on ourselves.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102464 on: December 5, 2020, 12:18:19 pm »
I’ll actually be quite glad when Billy goes off at half time.  I rather think he needs to stop training with the firsts because he doesn’t look like he’s really really trying and really concentrating on who he is meant to be marking. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102465 on: December 5, 2020, 12:19:12 pm »
Playing better overall than we did Vs City, but still looks like it'll end up in a similar result

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102466 on: December 5, 2020, 12:19:47 pm »
I’ll actually be quite glad when Billy goes off at half time.  I rather think he needs to stop training with the firsts because he doesn’t look like he’s really really trying and really concentrating on who he is meant to be marking.

I have to be honest about this, but whenever I have seen him, he has rarely impressed me. I know Klopp seems to have a lot of hope for him but at this level he just doesn't do things well enough.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102467 on: December 5, 2020, 12:20:28 pm »
Yeah he's really not played well at all in the academy matches so far this year.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102468 on: December 5, 2020, 12:21:37 pm »
Playing better overall than we did Vs City, but still looks like it'll end up in a similar result

If we improve our final ball, we could do a lot better, that has been our main failing in this game. We have got in good positions but either the last ball doesn't reach us or its wildly overhit.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102469 on: December 5, 2020, 12:45:39 pm »
2-1 Stewart from a fantastic Tyler Morton pass.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102470 on: December 5, 2020, 12:47:04 pm »
What a goal from Stewart. Would love to see him going with the first team vs midtjylland

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102471 on: December 5, 2020, 12:50:11 pm »
Get in!! 2-2 Tyler Morton after the United goalie let go of the ball.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102472 on: December 5, 2020, 12:51:00 pm »
Wow. Keeper drops a Corness corner and tapped in 2-2. Charlie Adam wishes his set pieces were as good

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #102473 on: December 5, 2020, 12:54:39 pm »
Well in lads!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102474 on: December 5, 2020, 12:57:42 pm »
I didn't realise Frauendorf was so young only 16 and he can already play in multiple positions. He's had a really good second half and was one of the better ones in the first as well.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #102475 on: December 5, 2020, 12:58:59 pm »
I didn't realise Frauendorf was so young only 16 and he can already play in multiple positions. He's had a really good second half and was one of the better ones in the first as well.

2-3 good comeback by the young reds!!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102476 on: December 5, 2020, 12:59:20 pm »
Stewart again, he just can't miss in this form.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #102477 on: December 5, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »
3-3  :(

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102478 on: December 5, 2020, 01:07:33 pm »
3-3  :(

Its such an open game it could be anything. I think the game ended up 4-3 to us last season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #102479 on: December 5, 2020, 01:09:43 pm »
Get Layton Stewart playing in the week  ;D

Surprised he isn't playing U23 games given his excellent scoring record at U18s level
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.