Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 111256 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #760 on: June 12, 2018, 05:23:42 pm »
Big for Smash bros that.

Every charactee who has been in a Smash Bros game in the past, is in this one.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/hacker-warns-you-not-to-pirate-nintendo-switch-games/

“In the Game Card case, Nintendo can detect whether or not the user connecting has data from a Nintendo-authorized Game Card for the correct title. This solves the 3DS-era issue of Game Card header data being shared between games. Additionally, there’s a fair amount of other, unknown (encrypted) data in a certificate being uploaded — and certificates are also linked to Nintendo Accounts when gold points are redeemed. Sharing of certificates should be fairly detectable, for Nintendo."

“In the digital game case, Nintendo actually perfectly prevents online piracy here. Tickets cannot be forged, and Nintendo can verify that the device ID in the ticket matches the device ID for the client cert connecting (banning on a mismatch), as well as that the account ID for the ticket matches the Nintendo Account authorizing to log in. Users who pirate games definitionally cannot have well-signed tickets for their consoles, and thus cannot connect online without getting an immediate ban – this is exactly how I would have implemented authorization for digital games, if I were them.”   

Sounds like Nintendo have the switch locked down pretty well.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: June 21, 2018, 10:48:20 am »
I've got a question.

I'll be getting a Switch for me (and my lad) at Christmas.

Splatoon 2 is on sale at the moment and it looks like a good price - Nintendo famously keep their software prices high, so I can't imagine a better deal happening, and also I'd like to spread the cost a bit by getting bits and pieces now.

Problem is, its a digital E3 sale they have on. I have all the Nintendo accounts set up from the Wii U already, but how would it work if I were to buy this now? would it sit in my account waiting to be downloaded which I could then do at Christmas when I get the console?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: June 21, 2018, 02:46:11 pm »
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: June 22, 2018, 10:37:50 am »
Until they don't.

They don't even now. All that Ninty can do at the moment is see rooted devices playing online games. They can't stop people playing rooted devices if you stay offline with it or just don't compete online.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: June 22, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »
They don't even now. All that Ninty can do at the moment is see rooted devices playing online games. They can't stop people playing rooted devices if you stay offline with it or just don't compete online.

Yeah the online component isn't an issue for me. Ideally I'd (allegedly) play Zelda and the second tier Mario titles for free, pay for the games I really enjoy and never, ever go online, so piracy works perfectly for me haha
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »
Oh and if anyone hasn't played it, then get Golf Story, belter of a game!

I know this is an old post, but just picked it up on a small discount. What a great little game this is, haven't played anything else on the Switch in days. Perfect to pick up and play for 15 minutes during half time of the WC matches.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2018, 05:46:36 pm »
I've got a question.

I'll be getting a Switch for me (and my lad) at Christmas.

Splatoon 2 is on sale at the moment and it looks like a good price - Nintendo famously keep their software prices high, so I can't imagine a better deal happening, and also I'd like to spread the cost a bit by getting bits and pieces now.

Problem is, its a digital E3 sale they have on. I have all the Nintendo accounts set up from the Wii U already, but how would it work if I were to buy this now? would it sit in my account waiting to be downloaded which I could then do at Christmas when I get the console?

How are you seeing splatoon on sale without being logged onto the switch eShop?

To answer your question it should be find as when you get a switch you create a nintendo account but you link the nnid. This means your eShop balance is merged across all devices and I assume have all the purchases made with that nnid

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2018, 06:22:47 pm »
The fucking reflection room on Mario tennis.

If ever there was a level made by satan himself, this is it!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:04 am »
How are you seeing splatoon on sale without being logged onto the switch eShop?

To answer your question it should be find as when you get a switch you create a nintendo account but you link the nnid. This means your eShop balance is merged across all devices and I assume have all the purchases made with that nnid

Thanks for the response mate.

I could see the sale as I'm on the Nintendo mailing list and they sent me a link to it.

Think its finished now but I'll keep in mind if there's any future sales.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: June 26, 2018, 09:17:55 am »
Thanks for the response mate.

I could see the sale as I'm on the Nintendo mailing list and they sent me a link to it.

Think its finished now but I'll keep in mind if there's any future sales.

The sale is on til the end of the month I think however the games on sale have changed and I don’t know whether there will be another change again before the sale ends but currently Mario Rabbids has replaced Splatoon 2 as the ‘big name’ game on sale.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: June 26, 2018, 11:07:31 am »
Splatoon 2 will definitely be on sale between now and Christmas again if you don't want to take the risk

The other thing about Switch games is that they always look new as they're essentially a DVD case and an SD card. You could easily buy it cheap second hand and no one know it wasn't new.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #772 on: July 1, 2018, 06:58:19 am »
I've just had my first go on a switch . Super Mario odyssey, just wow!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #773 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:38 pm »
Looking to sell my Switch. I'm not sure about RAWK's rules with regards to that, am I allowed to ask around for interest?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: November 23, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »
Any help? Not being tech minded, I bought an Anker Powercore - https://www.anker.com/store/powercore-20100/A1271012

And realised it doesn't have a USB-C port. So, can I get a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the Nintendo Switch or will it mess it up?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: November 23, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »
Any help? Not being tech minded, I bought an Anker Powercore - https://www.anker.com/store/powercore-20100/A1271012

And realised it doesn't have a USB-C port. So, can I get a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the Nintendo Switch or will it mess it up?

I've got a Ravpower Power Bank similar to that and I bought a USB-A to C to go with it - It's just super handy for loads of situations. I also bought a high amp car lighter so I can charge it quickly on journeys (also you can play and charge at almost full speed).

Remember, buy a good cable, because a cheap one won't carry the same amount of power and you'll only charge at the rating of the cable and not the power bank.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: November 23, 2018, 04:46:19 pm »
I've got a Ravpower Power Bank similar to that and I bought a USB-A to C to go with it - It's just super handy for loads of situations. I also bought a high amp car lighter so I can charge it quickly on journeys (also you can play and charge at almost full speed).

Remember, buy a good cable, because a cheap one won't carry the same amount of power and you'll only charge at the rating of the cable and not the power bank.

Thanks mate, thought I needed to return it but will just shop around for the best cable.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #777 on: November 24, 2018, 05:54:08 pm »
Anyone else got Pokemon Lets Go?  Got it for the nolstagia as it is basically Red/Blue with good graphics.  Enjoying trying to catch all 151 again.
XBL: Flash6289

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: November 25, 2018, 08:50:33 am »
Anyone else got Pokemon Lets Go?  Got it for the nolstagia as it is basically Red/Blue with good graphics.  Enjoying trying to catch all 151 again.

Didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am, it's really well made, a bit easier than the originals, but the world is stunning. Love how you can now see Pokemon spawning around you, hopefully they keep it for the next generation game, don't know how I'll be able to go back...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 6, 2018, 08:43:41 pm »
Smash Bros getting rave reviews across the board.

I’m getting it for Christmas and having never played one before I’m looking forward to it!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 7, 2018, 12:15:59 am »
Smash Bros getting rave reviews across the board.

I’m getting it for Christmas and having never played one before I’m looking forward to it!

Downloading smash at the moment, Nintendo's servers must be getting hammered with people getting this because I've never had it go so slowly.

I have played every version of smash going back to the N64 and I remain absolutely shite at it but it looks too much fun to not get

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 7, 2018, 10:27:33 am »
Buying it later, not played one since the Gamecube I loved the original on N64!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #782 on: December 7, 2018, 10:28:34 am »
First DLC character for Smash is to be Joker from Persona 5, which really excites me! I've had to hold off on buying Smash for release but I'll pick it up once Joker is available.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 7, 2018, 10:36:01 am »
The mechanics of Smash have always looked really odd to my untrained eye. I've got an Argos voucher burning a hole in my pocket so I'll maybe have to pick it up - given the amount of people that love it, and the seemingly compelling single-player content.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 26, 2018, 07:39:52 am »
Got Smash yesterday, never played one before and had a go late last night and it’s tremendous!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: December 26, 2018, 10:53:51 am »
Got one for Xmas with Mario kart! Yet to play it as I’m awaiting a period of peace and quiet to be allowed to do so 😂

Looking to get one or two more games - can someone tell me the difference between the different versions of Super Mario Odyssey? I’ve had a look online but can’t see much on it. Basically it’s 40-50 in the shops but I’ve found the standard version for a tenner on Amazon.... any ideas why there’s such a difference in people ice?

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 26, 2018, 12:04:40 pm »
How the heck do you set up two player on smash bros. Nephew's going wild lol.

Tried everything. Do you need two sets of the nunchucks? It says push in the shoulder buttons but it does nothing.

Is it in the settings? Any help greatly appreciated as them arguing over whos turn it is is getting nasty lol

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: December 26, 2018, 12:40:32 pm »
How the heck do you set up two player on smash bros. Nephew's going wild lol.

Tried everything. Do you need two sets of the nunchucks? It says push in the shoulder buttons but it does nothing.

Is it in the settings? Any help greatly appreciated as them arguing over whos turn it is is getting nasty lol

Apologies if this sounds like I’m statating the obvious but as it’s Boxing Day there’s a chance you got the console as an xmas present and therefore haven’t used it much...

Anyway, the two bits that sit on the side of the main unit obviously can come off, you can then attach the two bits which come with the console with the string on to them, and you end up with two separate controllers. You should then be able to press both of the shoulder buttons on each individual controller to activate them.

The video below shows you how to do that.

https://youtu.be/AsLHB6v34jY
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 12:44:12 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: January 18, 2019, 01:56:10 pm »
Is the Switch worth getting and are there any decent deals about?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: January 18, 2019, 02:29:53 pm »
I've got every major console every made, apart from a PS4 and a Virtual Boy (and yes, that means Atari 2600, ST, Amiga, NES, SNES, Master System etc etc etc up to modern day - even got a CDI and a broken Neo Geo), at one point had over 1,300 games - so I've got some form on this - and I've honestly never played with a console more than I've played the Switch (I'll have played more SNES, but average hours per year and the Switch is right up there). I've put hundreds of hours into Mario Kart and Skyrim and Mario Odyssey and BOTW. But I've also put nearly as much time in to the great Indies on the system like of Hollow Knight, Master Blaster, Mr Shifty, Retro City Rampage, etc

As I'm basically an old git who doesn't live alone in a man cave anymore, epic gaming sessions are fleeting, but being able to have the Switch on the sofa and play some Skyrim or a couple of races on Mario Kart is a pretty decent compromise, whilst the missus is smashing through whatever her current Netflix obsession is. Honestly love it and I'll buy the next iteration as soon as that comes out too.

I agree with all of this but why haven’t you got a PS4?!  :o

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:26 pm »
I've got every major console every made, apart from a PS4 and a Virtual Boy (and yes, that means Atari 2600, ST, Amiga, NES, SNES, Master System etc etc etc up to modern day - even got a CDI and a broken Neo Geo), at one point had over 1,300 games - so I've got some form on this - and I've honestly never played with a console more than I've played the Switch (I'll have played more SNES, but average hours per year and the Switch is right up there). I've put hundreds of hours into Mario Kart and Skyrim and Mario Odyssey and BOTW. But I've also put nearly as much time in to the great Indies on the system like of Hollow Knight, Master Blaster, Mr Shifty, Retro City Rampage, etc

As I'm basically an old git who doesn't live alone in a man cave anymore, epic gaming sessions are fleeting, but being able to have the Switch on the sofa and play some Skyrim or a couple of races on Mario Kart is a pretty decent compromise, whilst the missus is smashing through whatever her current Netflix obsession is. Honestly love it and I'll buy the next iteration as soon as that comes out too.

Pretty much sold it to me!

So it can be used as handheld? The main issue I have is the wife not allowing me to use the TV all the time!
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: January 18, 2019, 02:35:54 pm »
So it can be used as handheld? The main issue I have is the wife not allowing me to use the TV all the time!

Yup. And not just in the house, anywhere.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #792 on: January 18, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »
I saw a decent deal yesterday, giz a few minutes and I’ll dig it up.

Finally got around to ordering Smash and Mario Tennis before, along with Mario Bros U.
AHA!

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #793 on: January 18, 2019, 02:46:56 pm »
Actually, scratch that, I misread it, thought it was a Neon with Mario Kart and Pokemon for £299. But it was only one of the two.
AHA!

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 18, 2019, 02:47:02 pm »
Long story short, I had all the other consoles when I met the missus years ago. She is basically fully anti-gaming and prefers weird pursuits like art, hiking, talking and books.

When we moved in to the new place we couldn't have a dish installed because it's listed, so I convinced her to let us get a current gen console so we could run Sky Go on it. At the time (about 3 yr ago) there was a ridiculous deal on at Argos, which was some kind of price glitch, so we got the console, an extra controller, Gears of War & GTA V for £160 ;D Sold the controller and GOW and basically only paid about £80 for the whole system... She'd have actually killed me if I got another console. I had to ditch about 650-700 games when we moved too as part of the peace talks.

Eww!  ;D

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #795 on: January 18, 2019, 02:49:26 pm »
with SNES functionality coming in a month or two.
Is that definite? Saw something about SNES games datamined the other day. Been holding off the online until it had something more substantial.
AHA!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: January 18, 2019, 03:56:36 pm »
Long story short, I had all the other consoles when I met the missus years ago. She is basically fully anti-gaming and prefers weird pursuits like art, hiking, talking and books.

When we moved in to the new place we couldn't have a dish installed because it's listed, so I convinced her to let us get a current gen console so we could run Sky Go on it. At the time (about 3 yr ago) there was a ridiculous deal on at Argos, which was some kind of price glitch, so we got the console, an extra controller, Gears of War & GTA V for £160 ;D Sold the controller and GOW and basically only paid about £80 for the whole system... She'd have actually killed me if I got another console. I had to ditch about 650-700 games when we moved too as part of the peace talks.

Makes perfect sense now! Although you have missed out on some absolute masterpieces  ;)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: January 18, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »
Buy it, you won't regret it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 18, 2019, 04:55:10 pm »
The way I always look at a console before i buy it is will the software make it worthwhile. Whether that's what games ar there at launch or later down the line etc and the Switch is definately a worthwhile purchase. The games I've owned for the Switch are Mario Oddysey, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Zelda BOTW, Rayman, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Stardew Valley. So not a whole lot but each are worth playing even if a few might be available on different platforms, the portability gives it another dimension. For me it's a great alternative to the PS4 or Xbox, Nintendo has always appealed to me because there games are so easy to jump in and out of, you don't always want that marathon session, sometimes you want just an hour or so and the Switch is ideal for that too.

Get the wireless controller though.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:11 pm »
I purchased one!