Author Topic: The Dead Actors Tribute Thread  (Read 29425 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Dead Actors Tribute Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 9, 2021, 10:35:26 am »
Not actor related, but Lionel Blair passed away last week. Think he was 92.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 9, 2021, 10:43:05 am »
Just came on to post about the passing of Dean Stockwell

Agree about Quantum Leap.  Was great fun to watch back in the day and Stockwell's character "Al" was memeorable

Just looking at his movie credits and the list of heavyweight directors he has worked with is impressive.  Coppola, Lumet, Altman, Hopper and Lynch to name but a few.

RIP

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #42 on: November 9, 2021, 11:02:34 am »
Just came on to post about the passing of Dean Stockwell

Agree about Quantum Leap.  Was great fun to watch back in the day and Stockwell's character "Al" was memeorable

Just looking at his movie credits and the list of heavyweight directors he has worked with is impressive.  Coppola, Lumet, Altman, Hopper and Lynch to name but a few.

RIP
He was a kid actor also. This is him with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra in Anchors Aweigh.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #43 on: November 9, 2021, 11:37:29 am »
Weird, I was just talking about Quantum Leap the other day. One of the few shows I would like to see a remake/update of. If you had a similar-aged lead character then they could jump between 1975 and now. Whilst possible, Sam didn't often leap to the late 70s or 80s so a lot of those events wouldn't have been done in the original series.

Anyway RIP Dean. Quite a distinctive looking guy, I remember him popping up in all sorts of shows in the 90s.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 9, 2021, 12:26:41 pm »
I came here to post about dean stockwell too. Quantum leap was one of my favourite shows growing up, and Dean stockwell appeared in a few other films and tv series from my childhood. Loved watching him. He wasn't well at all these last few years.. been a big quantum leap fan and like many others we were hoping for a reboot or something similar to make up for the unfinished feeling from the last episode but knew it wouldnt happen.

RIP Dean - really respected by other Hollywood greats.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: November 9, 2021, 12:48:41 pm »
He was brilliant in Quantum Leap and in Battlestar Galactica.

RIP.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 9, 2021, 01:09:37 pm »
Just watched Paris, Texas last week. RIP

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #47 on: November 9, 2021, 02:50:20 pm »

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 9, 2021, 05:33:04 pm »
Sad to hear about Dean Stockwell. I also loved his role in Quantum Leap. He also was Doctor Yueh in the original Dune and a weapons dealer in Beverly Hills Cop 2. But his best role was indeed Al in Quantum Leap. The button mashing cigar smoking side-kick.

RIP Dean RIP

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 9, 2021, 07:08:52 pm »
Sad to hear about Dean Stockwell. I also loved his role in Quantum Leap. He also was Doctor Yueh in the original Dune and a weapons dealer in Beverly Hills Cop 2. But his best role was indeed Al in Quantum Leap. The button mashing cigar smoking side-kick.

RIP Dean RIP

I first encountered him in Dune. He's such a versatile actor, was absolutely chilling as Cavil in BSG. Was also excellent in the Langoliers. Did a lot of voice acting too - played grown up Tim Drake in Batman Forever: Return of the Joker.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2021, 11:57:17 am »
Not an actor, but iconic gothic author Ann Rice has passed away at 80. Creator of the vampire Lestat and the Mayfair Witches. A big loss to the genre.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2021, 07:35:48 pm »
Betty White has passed away at 99, a few days before her 100th birthday. RIP

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2021, 07:56:38 pm »
Betty White has passed away at 99, a few days before her 100th birthday. RIP

Shame that she didn't reach a ton but she certainly made the most of her time here.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2021, 09:22:11 pm »
RIP Betty White

Here she is in her prime on the Golden Girls, teaching a very young Jenny Lewis (later of Rilo Kiley fame) a valuable life lesson

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aAbiZOfbURU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aAbiZOfbURU</a>

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 1, 2022, 12:54:19 am »
Shame that she didn't reach a ton but she certainly made the most of her time here.

Clearly People magazine tempted fate and jinxed her:

https://people.com/tv/betty-white-reveals-her-secrets-to-long-happy-life-at-100-exclusive/

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2022, 08:56:41 pm »
I loved watching her on The Golden Girls.

RIP Betty

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #56 on: January 7, 2022, 03:25:07 pm »
Sidney Poitier has died aged 94.  Legend isn't enough of a word to describe him.  Probably the last of the old Hollywood actors from the Golden Age.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i6n8VyqaCQ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i6n8VyqaCQ4</a>

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 7, 2022, 03:43:11 pm »
oh no not Sidney Poitier.

You're right Ray, legend doesn't come close. He paved the way for so many black actors who were inspired by him and followed in his footsteps.

And a man who just exuded charm and class on screen. A screen presence if you will.

Sad news to start the year.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 7, 2022, 03:47:13 pm »
He was a pioneer, a thoroughly nice human being and, though not above all else, an absolutely incredible actor.

If you can hold your own against Spencer Tracy, you have some talent. His career either side of that role was stellar.

May he rest.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #59 on: January 7, 2022, 03:49:49 pm »
RIP Sidney Potter (thanks to Grandad OFAH)

94 is one hell of an age to get to, first black person to win an Oscar.  He will be one that is talked about for years to come
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #60 on: January 7, 2022, 03:57:01 pm »
Wow. Can't be many major stars of that era of Hollywood left now. RIP.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 7, 2022, 03:58:26 pm »
Another gone from my childhood/teenage years 😔

RIP

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #62 on: January 7, 2022, 03:58:28 pm »
RIP

Some classic Sidney Poitier films: In the Heat of the Night, A Raisin in the Sun, The Defiant Ones, Buck and the Preacher, Pressure Point

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63 on: January 7, 2022, 05:20:39 pm »
RIP

Some classic Sidney Poitier films: In the Heat of the Night, A Raisin in the Sun, The Defiant Ones, Buck and the Preacher, Pressure Point

Don't forget 'To Sir With Love'. ;D

'In the heat of the night' is one of my favourite films. And what about 'Guess who's coming to dinner'?

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #64 on: January 7, 2022, 07:08:51 pm »
Don't forget 'To Sir With Love'. ;D

'In the heat of the night' is one of my favourite films. And what about 'Guess who's coming to dinner'?
All 3 released in the same year, 1967.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 7, 2022, 07:18:23 pm »
What a legend Poitier, a trailblazer and some iconic roles and memorable scenes at a time when America was seeing going Black Power/Civil Rights movement growing.

What an iconic scene this is in the Greenhouse.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2UrB8TI5El4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2UrB8TI5El4</a>

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 7, 2022, 07:36:56 pm »
RIP Sidney Potter (thanks to Grandad OFAH)

94 is one hell of an age to get to, first black person to win an Oscar.  He will be one that is talked about for years to come

I think he was the first black man to win an Oscar right? And first black person in a leading role?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 7, 2022, 10:34:27 pm »
I think he was the first black man to win an Oscar right? And first black person in a leading role?

Yes. Did many things first.

People really need to watch 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' a game changer is portraying an interracial couple.

The Spencer Tracey speech and the Poitier's response to Tracey on what he hoped his children might become are superb.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2022, 02:11:24 am »
RIP Bob Saget

Quite a shock, he was 65

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2022, 02:24:50 am »
RIP

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:59 pm »
Damn, crying shame, both Saget and Poitier. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #71 on: February 2, 2022, 05:07:13 pm »
RIP Monica Vitti

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2022, 07:26:55 pm »
I just saw that Anna Karen, who older members might remember as playing Olive in 'On The Buses', has died aged 85 in a house fire. She was also in EastEnders too.

I used to love On The Buses.

RIP Anna.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2022, 07:38:47 pm »
I just saw that Anna Karen, who older members might remember as playing Olive in 'On The Buses', has died aged 85 in a house fire. She was also in EastEnders too.

I used to love On The Buses.

RIP Anna.

We still do 😂

RIP Anna

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2022, 10:30:12 pm »
We still do 😂

RIP Anna

Yep, it's still good today. We sometimes catch on late night telly. Classic stuff.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2022, 01:27:20 am »
On the Buses is... problematic today. One of the movies has a plot where women dare to think they can drive buses and the men are actually cast as the heroes of the piece for fighting back. If you can separate the jokes from the politics then fair play (much of the Carry On series is in the same boat).

That said, what a horrible way to go. When I saw she'd passed in her 80s I assumed natural causes. Awful stuff.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2022, 01:44:52 pm »
Aww RIP.  Grind it out until your 85 then pass away in such horrible circumstances :(

On the Buses is....Funny as fook even today.  Won't be long before they wont even be allowed to put in on the box anymore.  Mores the pity.

Arthur referring to Olive as a "stupid great lump" as she scoffs a jar of pickled onions in bed is legendary. :)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2022, 11:21:44 am »
Not an Actor but The Amazing Johnathan has died, known as a magician and prankster, he made a documentary a couple of years back about him dying, no one believed it. Guess he wasn't lying :/ RIP

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/amazing-johnathan-edward-szeles-death-cause-tributes-b2021709.html

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2022, 09:24:44 pm »
William Hurt has died

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2022, 10:24:54 pm »
Incredible actor. Huge loss.