Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371344 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3680 on: April 27, 2022, 12:48:43 am »
Just a casual reminder that if anyone wants to see examples of how the Original Trilogy was made (the skill, dedication and craft of all those involved) you can't go wrong with these:-

http://vimeo.com/32442801

http://vimeo.com/36158111

http://vimeo.com/36474256

^ all done by the very talented Jamie Benning.

Jamie has branched out into making all sorts of interviews, docs & shorts - all free to watch at his superb https://filmumentaries.com website (also https://twitter.com/jamieswb):-

https://vimeo.com/290893295

https://vimeo.com/205756737

https://vimeo.com/158529672

Jamie has also gone into podcasting - and has managed to get some amazing people in film (including many who worked on the Original Trilogy films) on his channel for a chat:-

Lorne Peterson, Giles Terera, Tim Rose, Paul Hirsch, Kevin Pike, Dan Lanigan, Team Jabba The Hutt (Dave Barclay, Toby Philpott and John Coppinger), Charles de Lauzirika, Kenneth George Godwin, Sylvain Despretz, Jonathan Rinzler, Marty Brenneis, Paul Blake, Ben Dimmock, Martin Meunier, Mark Mangini, Nilo Rodis-Jamero, Charles de Lauzirika and Bruce Wright, Joe Alves, Gavin Rothery, Pat McClung, Ivor Powell, Madelyn Most, Peter Macdonald, Helen O’Hara, Jim Maxwell, Jon Lefkovitz, Roger Christian, Dan Perri, Walter Murch (twice), John Patrick Shanley, Gabriel Hardman, Colin Goudie, Sean Barton, Mark Mangini and Theo Green, Howard Kazanjian, $3M Dune Book Sale (Frank Pavich, Soby and Dan Lanigan), Jay Glennie, John Walsh, Paul Franklin, Craig Barron, Garrett Brown, John Spira, and… Jamie himself - interviewed by Dan Lanigan.

There have been 50 episodes so far - and matte painter and art director Michael Pangrazio should be the 51st episode (www.imdb.com/name/nm0659443).

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-filmumentaries-podcast/id1522552119 or www.spreaker.com/show/the-filmumentaries-podcast

^ All for free - though there is a patreon is anyone fancies chipping in a quid a month (or more) - www.patreon.com/jamiebenning 

If anyone wants to increase their understanding of the craft and history from some of the iconic, pioneering and award-winning filmmaking for then this is well worth a listen too. Or just sit back and listen to some great legendary talents talk about their work and contributions to Star Wars (especially the Original Trilogy) - and some fun stories along the way.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 02:45:35 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3681 on: May 4, 2022, 02:23:32 pm »

'Obi-Wan Kenobi | Official Trailer | Disney+' - from the official Star Wars youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Yh_6_zItPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Yh_6_zItPU</a>

Starts on Friday 27th May.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2022, 04:03:51 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3682 on: May 7, 2022, 04:05:37 pm »

'Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett | Disney+' - 1 minute trailer (the full 60 minute program is available now on Disney+):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Sy5IsHN1XrA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Sy5IsHN1XrA</a>

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3683 on: May 7, 2022, 04:42:45 pm »
'Obi-Wan Kenobi | Official Trailer | Disney+' - from the official Star Wars youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Yh_6_zItPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Yh_6_zItPU</a>

Starts on Friday 27th May.

"Like you trained his father?"

Oof
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3684 on: May 23, 2022, 01:58:51 pm »
'Colin Cantwell, Star Wars designer behind the X-Wing and Death Star dies aged 90' (and the Y-Wing, Blockade Runner, TIE Fighter, & Star Destroyer):-

The creator behind several iconic Star Wars ships also worked on 2001: A Space Odyssey and assisted in broadcasting the 1969 moon landing

www.theguardian.com/film/2022/may/23/colin-cantwell-star-wars-designer-behind-the-x-wing-and-death-star-dies-aged-90

& https://kitbashed.com/blog/colin-cantwells-concept-art & www.originalprop.com/blog/2014/11/13/colin-cantwell-video-interviews-star-wars-prototype-models-nasa

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61547986

www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-music-tv/rip-star-wars-designer-colin-cantwell

Edit: a beautiful and informative piece on one of his many designs: 'A Star Wars ship story: The Arrestor Cruiser' - www.patreon.com/posts/66927172

^ from the superb https://twitter.com/TheSpaceshipper

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 04:51:39 pm by oojason »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: May 26, 2022, 01:39:14 pm »
Kenobi drops tomorrow, do we have high hopes?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3686 on: May 26, 2022, 03:02:07 pm »
Kenobi drops tomorrow, do we have high hopes?

I'm as cynical as they come when it comes to Disney's overall handling of Star Wars. And I have zero interest in the prequels and never rewatched them after a first viewing (though that's little to do with Kenobi/McGregor).

And yet, I'm quietly feeling good about this, based on nothing more than seeing the trailer. The recent SW TV output has been mostly positive, although it's worth noting that as far as I can tell, this show is nothing to do with Dave Filoni. It's set in an era that is slowly being fleshed out - the Empire's early years. Familiar enough to have all the classics - Stormtroopers, TIEs, walkers, but removed enough from the OT to be interesting. Rebels and the Fallen Jedi game have delved a bit into it, so it's high time to get it into live action.

My main concern is how Vader comes across. I was hoping he'd only briefly cameo in it, but if so then why make a big deal about Christensen's casting?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3687 on: May 26, 2022, 03:09:43 pm »
I love me some vader but he and kenobi shouldn't be meeting between ep3 and ep4.

I'm obviously going to watch it regardless and as long as it is good I won't really care.

Online Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3688 on: May 26, 2022, 03:44:49 pm »
I think they are pretty much basing a Kenobi vs Vader duel that we will see in the show on some of the dialogue from 'A New Hope' which suggested they'd encountered eachother more recently than the duel we eventually saw on Mustafar.

''He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil''

''You should not have come back''

''I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...''
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3689 on: May 26, 2022, 05:27:34 pm »
It's an interesting decision for sure.

Especially when Dave Filoni must've spent years tieing himself in knots on the clone wars not having Anakin and Grevious directly confront each other due to a single line that's said when they meet in Revenge of The Sith.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3690 on: May 26, 2022, 05:47:47 pm »
I think they are pretty much basing a Kenobi vs Vader duel that we will see in the show on some of the dialogue from 'A New Hope' which suggested they'd encountered eachother more recently than the duel we eventually saw on Mustafar.

''He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil''

''You should not have come back''

''I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...''

I remember Vader's line in RotJ where Luke is trying to reason with him, "Obi-Wan once thought as you do..." So I'm expecting Kenobi to try and reason with Vader at some point in their encounter(s).

I think it will also resolve the issue of why Obi-Wan calls him "Darth" in ANH. Clearly it's some form of mockery that shows Obi-Wan has given up on him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3691 on: May 26, 2022, 05:49:11 pm »
I'm personally of the opinion that not everything that was said in films 40 years ago needs to be "explained"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3692 on: May 26, 2022, 06:42:56 pm »
I'm personally of the opinion that not everything that was said in films 40 years ago needs to be "explained"
Yes. Totally agree.   But in the flip side for those that have better memories than me, if things don't for up, the break in continuity will be jarring. I don't suppose it has to be a fine line though.
Excited about Kenobi personally.  Not because I know any thing about it. But I love Star wars stuff.

Ps for those in the Midlands , there's supposedly a huge toy collection on show at a museum in Northampton.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3693 on: May 26, 2022, 10:20:35 pm »
Teaser trailer for the Andor series. Not a series I thought needed to be made, but it actually looks decent.

https://youtu.be/j5UX1Adanis
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:24:19 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3694 on: May 27, 2022, 12:12:17 am »

I am also of that opinion. But I reckon the show will seek to do so for continuity.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3695 on: May 27, 2022, 01:52:29 am »
Teaser trailer for the Andor series. Not a series I thought needed to be made, but it actually looks decent.

https://youtu.be/j5UX1Adanis

Honestly looks better than anything they've chucked out over recent years.
:D

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3696 on: May 27, 2022, 07:02:13 am »
and yeah I really liked the andor trailer too. they also showed a teaser for mando s3 which is out in february

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3697 on: May 27, 2022, 07:58:32 am »
its goooooood
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3698 on: May 27, 2022, 12:42:53 pm »
Obi-Wan episode 1 and 2 was surprisingly good
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3699 on: May 27, 2022, 12:56:10 pm »
just watched the 2 episodes that dropped.

I wasn’t sure what I was expecting. I’ll be watching the next episode for sure. I’ll probably wait a week and watch 2 together rather than a single episode

The one thing I don’t like and its the same with The Mandalorian is the length of the credits. 6 minutes of credits. Just when you think you’re going to get a decent size episode you have to remember to remove 6 minutes
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3700 on: May 27, 2022, 02:36:41 pm »
Huh. Mixed bag for me. Seems to be a nostalgia trip for Prequel fans (so far) - with nods to the OT thrown in...

The productions levels so far... seem to be quite poor, surprisingly poor.

Spoiler
'The Purge' scenes were better than ROTS for sure! :) Yet I found The Inquisitors to be fairly awful - stiff, bad acting from all three of them, and the characters are seemingly inept... when catching the Jedi in the bar, the sister goes to kill him only to be stopped by the Grand Inquisitor's force power mid-swing. Yet the lightsaber is cutting into the Jedi's shoulder... so why doesn’t he just move out the way and run off? He continues to stands there and only runs off when the Grand Inquisitor's force pushes her away. And then he gets away so easily... with the other 'inquisitor' just standing there... doing nothing.

The rooftop scenes with the sister... looked awful - some poor cinematography and execution there. Later on at the end of the episode... the sister tells Kenobi that Anakin is still alive. But hang on... how does she know that Obi-wan thinks Anakin is dead? This seemed to be a scene existing simply to get to a part of the story where Ewan can do some good 'shocked' acting for an end of episode 'climax' (and he does act it well - however contrived the scene was).

^ Obi Wan’s realisation that Anakin is still alive... should have been a big part of the series early on... and really could have been handled and executed so much better.

Found it a bit strange that Ben decided to dress exactly like a Jedi does when he is persuaded to go and look for Leia... knowing the Inquisitors and Empire would be looking for him. He doesn't even wear the same non-Jedi outfit that he is wearing on Tatooine ;D

Leia scenes were quality, except for the forest parts - they simply didn't feel 'Star Wars' at all. Young actress playing Leia was good too. The scene with Ben seeing Leia, and her spirit... reminding him of Padme... was well executed. The actors and scenes with Uncle Owen and Bail were elevating too - hope we see more of them...

I'll continue on with it - but my hopes are not high... they should be for this series. Afterall, this is an eagerly anticipated Star Wars story that has been waiting to be told for years; and the plot is solid, yet the execution is anything but...

(My hopes remain far higher for the Andor series coming in August).
[close]

Hope the rest of you enjoyed the first two episodes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 04:24:31 pm by oojason »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3701 on: May 27, 2022, 08:54:47 pm »
I thought it was very underwhelming I guess like Marvel it seems to be coming at you all the time and it's all starting to feel like more of the same

TV by numbers
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3702 on: May 27, 2022, 09:42:08 pm »
Enjoyed the first two but the trio of Inquisitors were awful. The lead womans acting was just bad, it took me out of the shoelw every time she was on screen

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3703 on: May 28, 2022, 10:41:44 am »
Well... at least you can now jettison the need for new Star Wars fans to ever watch the prequels, you can just watch Obi-Wan's first 4 minutes instead. Didn't see Jar Jar in there though!

I'm okay with it so far. I don't have huge expectations for Star Wars any more, so as long as it feels like it fits into the lore, and expands the galaxy a little bit, it's fine. Not everything can be a home run.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3704 on: May 28, 2022, 10:48:25 am »
well I enjoyed it anyway. though who knew someone with such little legs could be so quick?

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3705 on: May 28, 2022, 10:50:20 am »
I'm just reading up on the movie situations - didn't realise that Rogue Squadron had been pushed back into the void. Creative differences between Jenkins and Lucasfilm apparently. How many writer/directors has this happened to now? I think Rise of Skywalker and Solo, and Rogue One required extensive reshoots. You never hear about it with the Marvel movies. It's hard to believe such a huge investment for Disney is being this badly bungled from both a creative and production standpoint, and everyone at Lucasfilm is still in post.

Anyway, Waititi's movie is now supposed to be released late next year, which seems ambitious for a Star Wars movie that doesn't seem to be in production yet. We'll see.

Still waiting on news on Rian's trilogy guys, I know a few in here were adamant a couple of years ago it was definitely happening.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3706 on: May 28, 2022, 11:00:41 am »
Surely it’s better to get it right?

For me, Rogue one was well well worth the wait.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3707 on: May 28, 2022, 11:38:33 am »
Surely it’s better to get it right?

Will they be getting it right though? Feel like movies that go through 'development hell' don't often come out the other side as masterpieces. I guess I'm just frustrated watching the potential for a Star Wars movie universe to rival Marvel's output being flushed away by incompetence at the top of Lucasfilm, and nobody seemingly being held accountable.

The TV stuff has been mostly positive, which is great - I was always a fan of how the books etc expanded the galaxy. But the cornerstones of the franchise are the big blockbuster movies, and so far they've managed one decent one in nearly a decade, to go along with a failure of a trilogy (whatever your feelings on any of the individual movies, there's no argument to be made that the sequels work as an overall story) and an aborted start to a potential 'underworld' series that nobody ever seems to talk about outside of one scene to do with a character's name.

In addition to this, there have been a series of loudly-trumpeted projects that then get quietly delayed or shelved.

And yet Disney seem apparently happy enough as long as the movies stay profitable, despite so little critical acclaim and some public basket-casery in the boardroom. Star Wars is currently the Man Utd of the cinema world.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3708 on: May 28, 2022, 02:04:53 pm »
Next Star Wars fleem to be directed by Taika Waititi

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3709 on: May 28, 2022, 02:11:28 pm »

Bloody hell. It will either be a stupendous work of genius or a catastrophic work of genius. ;D

Popcorn's Art

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3710 on: May 28, 2022, 02:22:57 pm »
Bloody hell. It will either be a stupendous work of genius or a catastrophic work of genius. ;D
haha was thinking exactly the same. Hope he doesn’t go too comedy with it.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3711 on: May 28, 2022, 03:45:15 pm »
I hate myself for still watching these spin-offs/movies. Utter shite.
And a testament to how shit the prequels were, I was bored halfway through a 4-minute catch-up of the three of them.
Seriously, the should have stopped after empire.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3712 on: May 28, 2022, 04:06:06 pm »

Is it a one off spin off film?

Or the start of a new series films?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3713 on: May 28, 2022, 04:07:54 pm »
Is it a one off spin off film?

Or the start of a new series films?
Not sure mate. Saw it on Twitter. Was basically what I posted that the tweet said with the head of Star Wars/ Disneys name mentioned. I’ll have a look

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3714 on: May 28, 2022, 04:10:47 pm »
Eyar….

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-movies-kathleen-kennedy-celebration-interview/

Kathleen Kennedy on the future of Star Wars movies: "We need to create a whole new saga"
By Jack Shepherd published 1 day ago

Exclusive: We catch up with Star Wars boss Kathleen Kennedy for a debrief on the future of the movies and TV shows
A lot of new content was showcased at Lucasfilm's major Star Wars Celebration panel. We saw the first official trailer for Andor, got a glimpse of The Mandalorian season 3 (read a description of the trailer here), and a new Disney Plus series from Spider-Man director Jon Watts was confirmed. However, there was no update on the current state of the Star Wars movies.

Following the presentation, we met with Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy to discuss what's going on with those new Star Wars movies, with Kennedy confirming that Taika Waititi's movie will be next, although there's no release date set in place. Here's our quick Q&A with the producer

Kathleen Kennedy: That's correct.

Is that aiming for 2023?

Yeah. Well, not 2023, but late 2023.

The December 2023 release date?

We haven't locked anything in.

The future of the movies is still in movement?

Of course, they've been in movement all along. As we leave the saga, we have all this great, exciting work happening on the television side that informs so much about where we're going. We want to be very intentional about that. And we have great talent that we're working with – people who care so deeply about what the next iteration of Star Wars is and about getting people back into movie theatres, so we can really come out with a bang. That's important to us.

Do you think that is a hesitancy perhaps in exploring past the Skywalker Saga?

No hesitancy.

So that's very much on your mind?

Oh, yes. We need to create a whole new saga. That takes a lot. There's a lot of conversation around that

Obi-Wan's coming out next, and there's been such love for the prequels. Will there be more of exploring that era ahead?

That's exactly what we're doing with John Favreau and Dave Filoni and Jon Watts, especially Dave's new show Ahsoka. We realize there's kind of been a pattern of a new generation coming along. All the kids of the kids end up loving the prequels and their parents loved the original movies, and now we have the sequels, not very long ago, there'll be a whole generation attached to that. It's always important in Star Wars because it's one story that we carry forward. That's the way we look at this. It's a persistent story that goes on and on. And sometimes we can look back and other times we can look forward. And that's the way we look at it as we talk about what those new projects might be, whether it's TV, a movie, and eventually a game. So many of the people in the audience, they're there, now they're moving from one to the next at Disneyland, in the parks, you want to have that relate to the experiences you're having on TV or in the movies or so though. It becomes a very broad subject.

There were some quotes before this from yourself implying that we won't see any more characters recast with younger actors.

I never say never. It's certainly not something that we're doing with any intention right now. We're still talking about Lando with Donald Glover, for instance, but I don't think we would intentionally just look back at some of the characters like Luke and Leia and whatnot and decide arbitrarily to do a story. There would have to be a really strong reason why.

And finally, is there a future for Solo?

There's always a future for Solo!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3715 on: May 29, 2022, 11:58:23 am »
Well, Obi-wan is a bit meh, isn’t it?

There’s a scene with the grand inquisitor at the start that unintentionally reminded me of the Bwian scene in life of Brian. That made me laugh, I suppose.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3716 on: May 29, 2022, 12:15:13 pm »
Worst chase scenes ever :D kid running at like 2 mph

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3717 on: May 29, 2022, 12:53:35 pm »
Worst chase scenes ever :D kid running at like 2 mph
The 2 fellas behind her, the way they were running. :lmao

Daft c*nt Was running like Dick Van Dyke doin the dance to Step in Time in Mary Poppins with his dickhead mate ;D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: May 29, 2022, 01:13:39 pm »
You have to wonder how that is the best idea they could have come up with for that scene :D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #3719 on: May 29, 2022, 01:31:58 pm »
You have to wonder how that is the best idea they could have come up with for that scene :D
haha just remembered her sliding under the tree branch on her knees. It was like something outta twilight when the 3 vampires are passing through at the baseball match