Author Topic: Ricky Gervais podcasting  (Read 117700 times)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: Ricky Gervais podcasting
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2009, 06:46:28 pm »
Quite enjoyed the Guides too, maybe a bit of recycled stuff but still good :)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »
Quite enjoyed the Guides too, maybe a bit of recycled stuff but still good :)

There's more coming out I think? 2 more? Seem to be quite spread out in terms of the time between each one compared to the last podcasts though!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2009, 07:09:55 pm »
Guides were good but nothing on their earlier stuff. Karl cracking his arse out whilst washing up has to be a highlight.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 2, 2009, 07:13:41 pm »
Guides were good but nothing on their earlier stuff. Karl cracking his arse out whilst washing up has to be a highlight.

:lmao

I remember that. But he made me crack up in that last Guide. When they were on about what he'd ask Jim to fix for him... after a load of badgering his reply was fucking epic. Laughed for ages  ;D
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #44 on: April 2, 2009, 07:24:20 pm »
the guides are monthly.
They didn't mention the next one tho like they did at the end of previous months

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2009, 07:29:32 pm »
Can anyone remember the episode where Karl thinks he has a tumor on his arse, but turns out to be a chunk of meat or something that hes sat on?

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2009, 07:29:50 pm »

They didn't mention the next one tho like they did at the end of previous months

The Guide To The English is next, it's out April 21st

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2009, 07:31:05 pm »
The Guide To The English is next, it's out April 21st

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Anyone wants a link to download all series plus the odd specials and the guides just let me know :)

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2009, 07:32:21 pm »
Brilliant, thanks for that.

Anyone wants a link to download all series plus the odd specials and the guides just let me know :)

Would that include the original XFM ones? Never been able to get hold of them but heard they're brilliant.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2009, 07:38:29 pm »
Would that include the original XFM ones? Never been able to get hold of them but heard they're brilliant.

Sadly not, just the 5 series, the guides, some video podcasts and a Lipton Promotional CD and NME Test CD too

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2009, 07:48:14 pm »
Got the link for that then please mate, i'll have a look at downloading those extras.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 2, 2009, 08:05:53 pm »
Can anyone remember the episode where Karl thinks he has a tumor on his arse, but turns out to be a chunk of meat or something that hes sat on?

He was telling a story about an old woman who went to the doctor's for a check up, and the doctor though it was a tumor. When she went to the hospital for it to be removed, they realised it was pork chop.

Those XFM shows are the best, easily. The new ones are good, but I was listening to classics like "Hairy Chinese Kid" and "Alien Gives Man A Beard" yesterday on the way to work and was laughing like a maniac.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2009, 08:15:44 pm »
Got the link for that then please mate, i'll have a look at downloading those extras.

Sent you a PM :)

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2009, 08:32:50 pm »
I have all the XFM ones- they're hilarious as well. Easily found on torrents.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #54 on: April 2, 2009, 08:55:38 pm »
Sent you a PM :)
could i have the link please mate?
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline boombap85

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 6 times
« Reply #55 on: April 2, 2009, 09:05:58 pm »
"one day, we'll be able to wake up ... and have a chat with a yoghurt"

I love Karl

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 2, 2009, 09:18:59 pm »

could i have the link please mate?

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Download:List

weird, innit?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #57 on: April 2, 2009, 09:36:06 pm »
Thanks for that, some stuff I haven't got on there :)

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: April 2, 2009, 09:56:28 pm »
Now, where to start..

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #59 on: April 2, 2009, 10:59:04 pm »
Yeah go on TheKid, send us that link!

I'm lost on where these Ricky podcasts are. Got all the 5 series and a load of XFMs but they've done LOADS.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #60 on: April 3, 2009, 12:42:36 am »
All the xfm shows on here minus ads and music!

http://www.rickygervaisshow.com/xfmyears.htm
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »
Just listening to the "Do we need 'em" compilation, where Karl rings experts on certain animals and asks if we need them.
Fucking hilarious!

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 3, 2009, 04:09:26 pm »
Just listening to the "Do we need 'em" compilation, where Karl rings experts on certain animals and asks if we need them.
Fucking hilarious!

XFM ones right? That was brilliant. Especially when he concedes that they do need them after starting off adament that they don't  ;D

There was a funny one where a woman wrote in about a tv segment Karl did for channel 4 (those 3 minute wonder things) basically saying why the hell he was given tv time, Karl's response was hilarious.

He's the funniest person in the UK  ;D

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2009, 04:19:25 pm »
When they were on about what he'd ask Jim to fix for him... after a load of badgering his reply was fucking epic. Laughed for ages  ;D

Fucking brilliant wasn't it - how he just gets exasperated then shouts out what he wanted!! :lmao

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2009, 04:22:06 pm »
Fucking hilarious!

That segment was hilarious, even the jingle was funny.

Then he stopped doin it because he thought there was a conspiracy going round with all the scientists not to get rid of anything

:lmao

genius.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 3, 2009, 04:50:46 pm »
Fucking brilliant wasn't it - how he just gets exasperated then shouts out what he wanted!! :lmao

Yeah- when he gets annoyed we get the funniest quotes  ;D Those 3 work really well together- Gervais and Merchant just taking the piss out of him and producing the funniest shite (because that's just what it is!) ever.

I really liked monkey news as well  ;D Karl's diary... the latest podcasts haven't been as good because of the lack of these segments. There was a movie one as well in which Karl edited himself into film clips- that was funny as well- on the XFM shows again.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 3, 2009, 05:00:55 pm »
I really liked monkey news as well  ;D Karl's diary... the latest podcasts haven't been as good because of the lack of these segments. There was a movie one as well in which Karl edited himself into film clips- that was funny as well- on the XFM shows again.

Oh yeah, Kes was the best. With Ricky laughing like a maniac in the background. "'Squoze' how do you spell that?"

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #67 on: April 6, 2009, 01:16:03 pm »
Listening to the XFM stuff, Karl seems actually quite competent and "with it" :(

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 6, 2009, 01:24:54 pm »
Listening to the XFM stuff, Karl seems actually quite competent and "with it" :(

I think he comes across like that a lot(!) Like he's a little innocent kid- you know when kids come out with some completely simplistic idea that actually they don't mean to be so profound, but it actually is? (You're a teacher you probably know what I mean  ;D) That's Karl at some times. I think anyway   :P

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #69 on: April 6, 2009, 01:27:23 pm »
I dunno, he just seems so much more 'intelligent', making me think he maybe played it up for the podcasts?

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 6, 2009, 01:36:02 pm »
Interesting. Need to relisten to some of the XFM stuff, but I don't remember him being much different? Perhaps at the start, he just had less time on the radio, then they gradually figured out that he was a great character- giving him more opportunity to express his stupidity?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #71 on: April 6, 2009, 04:11:44 pm »
Possibly so. It's when he's having a go at Steve he seems more 'in the real world' :D

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 6, 2009, 05:13:17 pm »
Possibly so. It's when he's having a go at Steve he seems more 'in the real world' :D

Just been listening to one of the XFM ones- but it's a later one, and just hilarious. Karl's doing a monkey news and cuts the show short halfway through because the other 2 are pissing themselves laughing.

I think I'm going to relisten to the whole podcast series' actually.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #73 on: April 6, 2009, 05:15:19 pm »
Have relistened to them a few times recently, can't get enough of Karl!
Gonna have a look for his books too

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 6, 2009, 06:02:05 pm »
I'm relistening to them from series 1 in the car. I need to get the XFM shows on my ipod so can can give them another listen. I seem to remember it was funny listening to Karl blossom from the quiet producer to show stealing buffoon.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 6, 2009, 06:03:39 pm »
Have you seen the video podcasts? They're quite short, but some are pretty funny. Remember the XFM where they popped a champagne cork on Karl's head? That's on one of them  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhQNpw_hhho Loads of them- follow the links through!

This is also hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBlZIXu3Yg&feature=related

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: April 6, 2009, 07:53:49 pm »
I think I'm going to relisten to the whole podcast series' actually.

Just finished doing that, really are superb.

I haven't got a link to it, but Karl did a couple of episodes a few years back with Russel Brand on 6Music i think which were also hilarious. There was only a few episodes though as Karl got pulled because of some contractual problem with doing that and the podcasts.

EDIT: just seen there's a link to it on the pilkipedia link above.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2009, 07:55:32 pm by Operation Hennessey »

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »
Haha, nice one. Will listen to those at some point  ;D

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:35 am »
Did a search n found this thread before starting a new one, anyone given the latest guide to Society a listen?

Bloody hilarious drivel from Karl again. Loved Ricky introducing him as well.  :D

The conversation with the kids, and the wasp and the fucking cricket :lmao
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:25:05 am by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2009, 11:30:29 am »
Did a search n found this thread before starting a new one, anyone given the latest guide to Society a listen?

Bloody hilarious drivel from Karl again. Loved Ricky introducing him as well.  :D

The conversation with the kids, and the wasp and the fucking cricket :lmao

Need to go and find it. Did you get it from anywhere official or just a torrent?