Author Topic: Daniel Morgan Murder  (Read 2050 times)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Daniel Morgan Murder
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:22:20 pm »
The Met Police was institutionally corrupt in the way it concealed or denied failings over the unsolved murder of Daniel Morgan, a report says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57484219

Not sure if anyone had followed this but its utterly horrific the way his family have been treated. The corruption and putting the police reputation above the victims (yet again) is all to familiar

I'd recommend the podcast series Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder which is just incredible how it links into big stories over the following decades

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Daniel Morgan Murder
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 02:30:50 pm »
Coincidentally I read a book co authored with his brother a few months ago.

The same level of corruption in South London detectives was vehemently denied by the Met in the Stephen Lawrence investigation - it can only be a coincidence that the investigation into that crime was a deeply flawed, surely?

The private detective agency and its principals then went on to form a mutually evil relationship with Murdoch's papers.

One thing that gave the family hope despite the five failed police investigations was the Hillsborough families battle against similar cover ups and the work of the Hillsborough Panel.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 02:32:16 pm »
The Met Police was institutionally corrupt in the way it concealed or denied failings over the unsolved murder of Daniel Morgan, a report says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57484219

Not sure if anyone had followed this but its utterly horrific the way his family have been treated. The corruption and putting the police reputation above the victims (yet again) is all to familiar

I'd recommend the podcast series Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder which is just incredible how it links into big stories over the following decades

Not followed it as closely as you, but I've read a little. It's terrifying - like all those police dramas you think are OTT actually aren't.

Almost certainly he was murdered by gangland scum hitmen because he'd unearthed concrete evidence of the corruption between police and organised crime, which he was going to expose. Then the corrupt police deliberately sabotaged investigations to save their own crooked arses (with the complicity of those at the top, who were seeking to avoid damaging exposure of the widespread corruption).
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 02:35:03 pm »

Not followed it as closely as you, but I've read a little. It's terrifying - like all those police dramas you think are OTT actually aren't.

Almost certainly he was murdered by gangland scum hitmen because he'd unearthed concrete evidence of the corruption between police and organised crime, which he was going to expose. Then the corrupt police deliberately sabotaged investigations to save their own crooked arses (with the complicity of those at the top, who were seeking to avoid damaging exposure of the widespread corruption).

Not only did the corrupt police sabotage the investigation one of them went on 'Ill health retirement' and promptly took Morgan's job at Southern Investigations.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 02:43:42 pm »
Not only did the corrupt police sabotage the investigation one of them went on 'Ill health retirement' and promptly took Morgan's job at Southern Investigations.

And the straight copper that Morgan had worked with was found a few years later having committed suicide in 'mysterious circumstances'.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 03:23:22 pm »

And the straight copper that Morgan had worked with was found a few years later having committed suicide in 'mysterious circumstances'.

Another 'mystery'.

I always thought it strange how the Met quickly owned up to the institutional racism unearthed in the Lawrence enquiry but strenuously denied the corruption by low ranking detectives cocking up the investigation into the career criminals son.

Was that an ecumenical matter or a simple a Masonic cover up?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 03:31:05 pm »
And the DPP who decided to abandon the trial was... Keir Starmer

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 03:33:01 pm »
Another 'mystery'.

I always thought it strange how the Met quickly owned up to the institutional racism unearthed in the Lawrence enquiry but strenuously denied the corruption by low ranking detectives cocking up the investigation into the career criminals son.

Was that an ecumenical matter or a simple a Masonic cover up?

Well, the BBC article does include this para:

The panel also considered the possible impact of conflicting loyalties between the obligations of police officers who were freemasons and their professional role.

I half expect it'll disappear from the article later, as they will have received an *instruction*

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 03:51:53 pm »
Another strand of the story is the links between the Murdoch media, private detectives and the Police (who'd have believed that?)
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 03:58:17 pm »
Another strand of the story is the links between the Murdoch media, private detectives and the Police (who'd have believed that?)

Yeah, that was investigated at the time of the phone hackings.

There were pitiful punishments arising from that, too.

With the overwhelming level of public support, there was an opportunity to bring in legislation placing the onus on newspapers and publishers to ensure the information they procured had been obtained by legal means - or face prosecution.

Successive governments bottled it.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 04:17:48 pm »

Yes all they way through to Andy Coulson being involved at the top of government in 2011. No wonder Leveson 2 was not implemented

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 07:17:34 am »
Can we keep this to the Daniel Morgan case?

Thanks

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 10:39:14 am »
Can we keep this to the Daniel Morgan case?

Thanks

Fair enough, but the corruption does link, via a certain shitrag and its editorial bigwigs, to the Tories.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 11:59:44 am »

Fair enough, but the corruption does link, via a certain shitrag and its editorial bigwigs, to the Tories.

The involvement of the NOW attempting to scupper one of the investigations is detailed in Alistair Morgan's book - Who killed Daniel Morgan? Well worth a read to understand the level of corruption and cover up.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 12:01:32 pm »
I never heard of this until yesterday

it is like something from line of duty

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 12:03:39 pm »

As scandals and cover ups go it even pre dates Hillsborough.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 12:18:16 pm »
As scandals and cover ups go it even pre dates Hillsborough.
yes, first thing i thought of was the action of police does compare a lot

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 12:26:44 pm »

Here’s a couple of videos about it:

https://youtu.be/pJKc5qNeumg

https://youtu.be/w5dNXqt7WkM

We Liverpool supporters already knew about Police corruption and cover up, but the way Daniel Morgan’s family have been treated by the system is truly repulsive!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 12:33:31 pm »
The sad thing is, the corruption within the police and links to organised criminals weren't anything new even back then.

I know a work of fiction (although much linked to facts), but David Peace's excellent Red Riding book series explores all of this (and C4 made a superb trilogy from it)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 11:57:20 pm »
Cressida Dick is a disgrace. How she maintains her job is incredible and just shows what a mess the politics and Police in this country are.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 10:37:28 pm »
Cressida Dick is a disgrace. How she maintains her job is incredible and just shows what a mess the politics and Police in this country are.

She was over promoted when she got into Hendon!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:40:34 pm by kopite77 »
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!