Author Topic: Prince Phillip has died  (Read 36017 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Prince Phillip has died
« Reply #640 on: April 15, 2021, 03:27:55 pm »
I can't believe how much time the BBC News is devoting to complaints about how much time the BBC News devoted to the death of the already dead Duke.

As a break from all these shenanigans you can now watch the rehearsals for his funeral, which begs the question, is he really dead or was that just part of the rehearsal?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:31:34 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: April 15, 2021, 03:32:28 pm »
They want over 75 second doses done in a week it seems
Its too late, he's dead, or is he?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #642 on: April 15, 2021, 03:58:24 pm »
Ooops...wrong thread
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 15, 2021, 05:09:13 pm »
Just seen the guest list for his funeral on Sky. Not a looker in the bunch.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 15, 2021, 05:10:17 pm »

That's what inbreeding will do to you.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »

And no fancy dress uniforms either. Bummer.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2021, 05:34:58 pm »
And no fancy dress uniforms either. Bummer.
So Camilla is coming as a human then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2021, 05:35:52 pm »
So Camilla is coming as a human then.

Or a Dancer
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2021, 05:42:54 pm »
I drove through Windsor today...
It was like that line in terminator 2.  “The police are here!”  “How many?” “Uh, all of them”.

Police on every junction, between junctions.... literally everywhere. I didn’t realise there were that many police.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2021, 05:55:56 pm »
Unlike Charles, I'm Dreading her maj dying, it'll last weeks.

Will the Pistols/Virgin have the bollocks to re release God save the Queen?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #650 on: April 16, 2021, 08:05:40 am »

Details on the bbc site provides backgrounds re attendees.  Appears the 3 reps from the wider family in Germany are attending on behalf of others.  Said others are not attending as they either fought for or had links to German military in ww2.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: April 16, 2021, 01:59:29 pm »
Unlike Charles, I'm Dreading her maj dying, it'll last weeks.

Will the Pistols/Virgin have the bollocks to re release God save the Queen?

I'd rather the Smiths released the title track of their third album.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #652 on: April 16, 2021, 02:00:54 pm »
Is it possible to be less PC?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #653 on: April 16, 2021, 02:42:02 pm »

:puke2, especially when the lead singer is a bit of a racist fucktard. Still, Johnny Marr is still with us.

Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #654 on: April 16, 2021, 03:00:22 pm »
Is it possible to be less PC?

Like an abacus?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: April 16, 2021, 04:03:49 pm »
Well my charcoal grey suit is pressed, black shoes highly polished' white shirt and black tie at the ready. The telly has a border of black crepe so pretty much ready to go for tomorrow,

However the only medal I've got was given to me at my First Communion. Should I ask Nicholas Wichell If that will do?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: April 16, 2021, 04:12:10 pm »

Stone roses too

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #657 on: April 16, 2021, 05:13:41 pm »
Well my charcoal grey suit is pressed, black shoes highly polished' white shirt and black tie at the ready. The telly has a border of black crepe so pretty much ready to go for tomorrow,

However the only medal I've got was given to me at my First Communion. Should I ask Nicholas Wichell If that will do?

You earned that medal.
My old man used to say those ones the toy soldiers in the royals got were for being first in the queue for handouts at the Naafi
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: April 16, 2021, 05:22:08 pm »
You earned that medal.
My old man used to say those ones the toy soldiers in the royals got were for being first in the queue for handouts at the Naafi

To be fair Edward deserved his ‘Tried his best-Royal Marines’ half medal.

Although Andy and Harry did see active service. So they’re entitled to those medals but none when they left the relevant service.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #659 on: April 16, 2021, 06:02:06 pm »
Three minutes silence.

So I'm gonna do three shots in tribute. Or should that be four?
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »
Why doesn't the Queen ever wear military uniform?
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2021, 06:23:23 pm »
Why doesn't the Queen ever wear military uniform?
She used to for the trooping  of the colour

W

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2021, 06:45:31 pm »
She used to for the trooping  of the colour

That's not the trooping of the colour. That was a visit to Huddersfield in 1972 to see Charles who had just a got a job on the assembly line at David Brown tractors.

I remember it well. I think it was about a minute after this picture was taken that Phil turned round, realised that Andy was rolling a joint, and had him bare-arsed across his knee. How the Yorkshire crowd loved seeing that bit of family violence. "That's nothing" said Phil at one point. "You should have seen what we did to each other in the 16th century." Big cheers!

I must say that Andy, between his tears, kept insisting he had been messing around with a little camera and not rolling a spliff. I have to say, looking at that picture now, maybe he had a point. It's hard to say for sure.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2021, 06:58:51 pm »
:lmao

W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2021, 07:02:33 pm »
That's not the trooping of the colour. That was a visit to Huddersfield in 1972 to see Charles who had just a got a job on the assembly line at David Brown tractors.

I remember it well. I think it was about a minute after this picture was taken that Phil turned round, realised that Andy was rolling a joint, and had him bare-arsed across his knee. How the Yorkshire crowd loved seeing that bit of family violence. "That's nothing" said Phil at one point. "You should have seen what we did to each other in the 16th century." Big cheers!

I must say that Andy, between his tears, kept insisting he had been messing around with a little camera and not rolling a spliff. I have to say, looking at that picture now, maybe he had a point. It's hard to say for sure.
:lmao

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2021, 11:28:12 pm »
I'm probably one of the most ignorant on here when it comes to the royal family.
I've never taken an interest in them, rightly or wrongly. I'm just indifferent to the whole institution really.
On the surface, to me, they seem pretty pointless and irrelevant. But I don't lose any sleep over them still being here.

This'll probably make you laugh, but I've only ever got my information about Phillip from Spitting Image in the 80s.
It's not my nature to speak of the dead - respect for the dead and all that - but on Spitting Image I think I recall they depicted Phil as a loose cannon with a racist streak. So I always assumed that was how he was.

I don't watch much TV. But the bits I have seen and read paint him as quite a nice old chap.
I'm just saying how I've seen it.

Am I falling into a propaganda trap? Or was he just a simple old man who was heavily misunderstood?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 17, 2021, 12:28:38 am »
I'm in a weird position when it comes to the Royals.

As a coherent, thinking adult, I am vehemently anti-Royal.  I feel they are well past their use-by date, although I realise the pomp and circumstance surrounding them is a great tourist pull - even from nations that would never have royalty themselves.

That said, I do feel some weird, lingering respect for them.  Maybe it's some vague triggering of the doff-capping gene, but I know a fair number of them have served their country in the military; I know the Queen herself can be a bad-ass when she wants to be (see when she gave the Saudi Arabia leader a lesson in female driving in her mid-70s); and for all his extremely racist faults, Prince Phillip was a part of the cultural furniture. 

In his own way, he was a cultural icon and his death symbolises a loss to something in the fabric of this country as a whole.  I think people are used to him essentially being a permanent fixture, and that losing him represents the passing of something, some permanence they had faith in.  It also drives home to this people that one day, probably soon, we'll lose the Queen herself.

I'm not trying to come down on one side or the other here.  I'm just trying to explain feelings and comprehend the reaction, including my own.  I understand those who have no respect at all, and want to engage in outright mockery; equally I realise these feelings are not-generation bound, and that there are people older than me here who are equally indifferent or outright hostile to royalty.

But I can't deny that I'm sad about all this.  And when I watched the gun salute, even fragments of it, I found myself choking up a little.  I don't think it's about Phillip himself for me, parse, but more likely what he represented.  Like I said, I'm by no means a royalist, but I guess it has touched something deeper in me.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2021, 12:40:43 am »

As a coherent, thinking adult, I am vehemently anti-Royal.  I feel they are well past their use-by date, although I realise the pomp and circumstance surrounding them is a great tourist pull - even from nations that would never have royalty themselves.

That said, I do feel some weird, lingering respect for them.  Maybe it's some vague triggering of the doff-capping gene, but I know a fair number of them have served their country in the military; I know the Queen herself can be a bad-ass when she wants to be (see when she gave the Saudi Arabia leader a lesson in female driving in her mid-70s); and for all his extremely racist faults, Prince Phillip was a part of the cultural furniture. 

In his own way, he was a cultural icon and his death symbolises a loss to something in the fabric of this country as a whole.  I think people are used to him essentially being a permanent fixture, and that losing him represents the passing of something, some permanence they had faith in.  It also drives home to this people that one day, probably soon, we'll lose the Queen herself.

I'm not trying to come down on one side or the other here.  I'm just trying to explain feelings and comprehend the reaction, including my own.  I understand those who have no respect at all, and want to engage in outright mockery; equally I realise these feelings are not-generation bound, and that there are people older than me here who are equally indifferent or outright hostile to royalty.

But I can't deny that I'm sad about all this.  And when I watched the gun salute, even fragments of it, I found myself choking up a little.  I don't think it's about Phillip himself for me, parse, but more likely what he represented.  Like I said, I'm by no means a royalist, but I guess it has touched something deeper in me.

The royals are Tories through and through. The better royals, however, represent Toryism in their better form; a belief in duty and responsibility, and a belief that their privilege must be merited through their conduct. I don't have a problem with that class of Tories. The worse royals, eg. a certain prince, represent Toryism in its worst form; a belief that their privilege entitles them to whatever they want. That's probably closer to the modern Tory party than the old one nationers whom I greatly respect.

Philip is one of the first group, AFAIK. The Queen certainly is. Charles too, for all the disdain he gets.

An indicator of the Queen's position may be seen in her favourite advisor: John Major. A Tory, but the epitome of a one nationer. And someone whom I've grown to respect more and more over the years.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: April 17, 2021, 08:16:26 am »
Another day of incessant coverage it is then.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2021, 12:44:28 pm »
Another day of incessant coverage it is then.
Trying to get to my covid vaccination was ridiculous.  I’ve had to take a 15 mile detour.
W

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2021, 12:59:29 pm »

Jesus, is this a parody piece?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: April 17, 2021, 01:28:29 pm »
Trying to get to my covid vaccination was ridiculous.  I’ve had to take a 15 mile detour.

Probably not the best day to book it  ;)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: April 17, 2021, 02:05:45 pm »
Jesus, is this a parody piece?

No it's not.  If you want to ridicule an honest opinion of somebody expressing conflicting feelings simply because you disagree with them, then have at it.  Not that I'll bother reading it of course.

Phillip was a get, of that there is little doubt. But my mockery goes only so far.  People are genuinely grieving about this.  People in here seem genuinely confused as to why.  I'm trying to bridge that gap in my own clumsy way.

If you want to ridicule opinions to the point people are uncomfortable with expressing them, that's your business.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 03:27:36 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 17, 2021, 02:50:32 pm »
It’s like the Somme here..  bangs going off everywhere
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2021, 03:07:11 pm »

Times we are living in to an extent. Like you, I'm  no royalist but I find all the hatred that people have so trying. I just don't think it can be good for people to get so frustrated about this. Yes the coverage is over the top, but go and do something else instead, it's not like there are not plenty of others things to do. I've had a great day managing to avoid everything so far, but I can understand that it affects some people, even if it doesn't me.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 17, 2021, 03:17:49 pm »
I’m indifferent about it all.   Come from a family that has always been anti-establishment.     I’ve been to
Work and just won’t turn the tv on.   

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 17, 2021, 03:31:51 pm »
Times we are living in to an extent. Like you, I'm  no royalist but I find all the hatred that people have so trying. I just don't think it can be good for people to get so frustrated about this. Yes the coverage is over the top, but go and do something else instead, it's not like there are not plenty of others things to do. I've had a great day managing to avoid everything so far, but I can understand that it affects some people, even if it doesn't me.

What I find trying is this sentiment that if I don't pile onto the bandwagon I might be X, Y or Z, and that because Philip was A I must feel B, or i open myself up to cheap potshots.

It's very black and white, with no room for nuance at all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 17, 2021, 03:35:56 pm »
What I find trying is this sentiment that if I don't pile onto the bandwagon I might be X, Y or Z, and that because Philip was A I must feel B, or i open myself up to cheap potshots.

You shouldn't have to explain a rational post Paul, don't worry about it mate.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: April 17, 2021, 03:41:37 pm »
You shouldn't have to explain a rational post Paul, don't worry about it mate.

I know mate, but it's a bit mad really innit?  You try to make a reasonable, balanced expression of conflicting feelings that's self explanatory, and people manage to miss the point completely. It's like they're looking for something that isn't there!

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #679 on: April 17, 2021, 03:42:30 pm »

Yes, I know what you mean, I blame it on social media as that is a perfect platform for certain individuals taking over people's opinions and making them follow them like sheep. It's kind of sad that people feel they can't be an individual with their own opinion. Everyone is different and people should feel relaxed enough to be able to have their own opinion, it's not a question of having to fit in, in a certain way. There was nothing wrong with your post and I think you explained it very well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"