Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 37287 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #240 on: March 8, 2021, 02:25:31 pm »
The Crown producers rubbing hands in glee for an extra season showing Harry & Megan. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #241 on: March 8, 2021, 02:27:45 pm »
I know but I bet the person who said it was terrified of that being the case. If you look at pictures of Meghan as a child, she was a lot darker than she is now, that will have shit them right up.

I was thinking about my own family, my surname is 7th century English, we have Irish ancestors and also we have middle eastern (Persian) ancestors and the Persian heritage comes out from time to time..
Me and the missus was just discussing this over lunch and we both said that when we first came across Meghan we both had no idea that she was anything other than an olive skinned woman. From her appearance the last thing anyone would think of is she is black, when diluted with Harry's ginger seed the baby will be even less so.

To be honest I'm not sure who to believe here, M and H are definitely trying to stay relevant and in the public eye through the interview and the Royal Family do have a history of making snide racist remarks.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle
If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #242 on: March 8, 2021, 02:34:56 pm »
Didnít Charlie have a friend/military colleague he ďaffectionatelyĒ called Sooty...and he wasnít called that because he had Matthew Corbettís hand up his arse.

Harry himself referred to one his of Asian colleagues by the P word. So theyíre no stranger to a racial epithet.

And while itís no excuse I can forgive a man born in the 1920ís who grew up in a time and place where such behaviour was acceptable then someone who in the case of Harry is younger then me.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #243 on: March 8, 2021, 02:37:19 pm »
So two down how many to go?This is like that Agatha Christie book.

Harry was in the conversation. He should act like an adult and name the culprit. Give them a chance to respond as well.

Itís...Marquess Rebecca Vardyís account.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #244 on: March 8, 2021, 02:53:30 pm »
Iím guessing most in the UK didnít watch the interview or only saw little bites.  The biggest thing for me in watching it isnít they never said they didnít want to be part of the Family.  They would have stayed if Megan would have gotten the help she needed.  Harry came off like a good husband and Dad while lamenting that his own father wonít even talk to him now.  Not some petulant kid who lost his trust fund. 

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
« Reply #245 on: March 8, 2021, 02:58:27 pm »
Iím guessing most in the UK didnít watch the interview or only saw little bites.  The biggest thing for me in watching it isnít they never said they didnít want to be part of the Family.  They would have stayed if Megan would have gotten the help she needed.  Harry came off like a good husband and Dad while lamenting that his own father wonít even talk to him now.  Not some petulant kid who lost his trust fund.

People in this country have already had their minds up by the print media and Piers Twatface
"Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 8, 2021, 03:02:15 pm »

I'm going to watch it tonight so I can see what was actually said, certainly won't be basing my opinion on Pierced Organ an his rants on GMB

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: March 8, 2021, 03:14:40 pm »

People in this country have already had their minds up by the print media and Piers Twatface

I think we're such a polarised nation now that, for the most part, people have already made up their minds. Royalists will watch it and see a breaking of tradition and an attack on privilege, and Harry's supporters will see a broken family that didn't need to be.

I'm not sure it had to be them vs us, but it seems to be going that way. Piers Twatface can piss off though; the guy is obsessed.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #248 on: March 8, 2021, 03:16:10 pm »
Yougov polling. (Obnoxiously large images sorry)
Spoiler

[close]
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #249 on: March 8, 2021, 03:31:29 pm »
This also probably stems from Harry's utter contempt and hatred for the British tabloid press. That we can all get on board with. Certainly us Liverpool supporters and with him having lost his own mother at a young age as she was hounded by them. Horrible cabal of scum bags. Although ironically it is them that will benefit from the interview he has given.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
« Reply #250 on: March 8, 2021, 03:33:46 pm »
I think we're such a polarised nation now that, for the most part, people have already made up their minds. Royalists will watch it and see a breaking of tradition and an attack on privilege, and Harry's supporters will see a broken family that didn't need to be.

I'm not sure it had to be them vs us, but it seems to be going that way. Piers Twatface can piss off though; the guy is obsessed.

I mate of mine (very active on SM) was commenting how there seemed to be a correlation between supporting Brexit and piling into H&M.
"Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich."

Online Tesco tearaway∗

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #251 on: March 8, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »
Reminds me of that awful front page the Heil came out with when Meghan gave birth

I can't breathe  :lmao :lmao :lmao
"Kate's areola"
"Nope"
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 8, 2021, 03:36:11 pm »

The thing that should be remembered here is that this isnít a Monarchist vs Republican debate, itís one set of Monarchists against another.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #253 on: March 8, 2021, 03:36:23 pm »

I mate of mine (very active on SM) was commenting how there seemed to be a correlation between supporting Brexit and piling into H&M.

Believer

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 8, 2021, 03:53:51 pm »
On foreign soil, FBI special agents generally do not have authority to make arrests except in certain cases where, with the consent of the host country, Congress has granted the FBI extraterritorial jurisdiction

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/what-authority-do-fbi-special-agents-have-to-make-arrests-in-the-united-states-its-territories-or-on-foreign-soil

Come on Democrats, do everyone a favour.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #255 on: March 8, 2021, 03:57:43 pm »

Quelle Surprise
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 8, 2021, 04:00:01 pm »

Insert Larry David gif here...

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #257 on: March 8, 2021, 04:01:29 pm »
Yougov polling. (Obnoxiously large images sorry)
Spoiler

[close]

YouGov seems to attract a lot of right-wing gammons. It also won't surprise me if there's a fair amount of state-mandated bots running on it too tbf. But overall I'd imagine the majority of this country will just blindly believe whatever The S*n shoves down their mouths.
YNWA.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 8, 2021, 04:01:58 pm »

Social media is a shockingly poor barometer on any opinion, with a lot of extreme opinions on either side of any debate and little representation of the middle where most people tend to sit.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #259 on: March 8, 2021, 04:03:03 pm »

Of course there is. Flag shagging racism disguised as nationalism also means blindly believing the Queen is some superior being.
YNWA.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 8, 2021, 04:05:54 pm »
Social media is a shockingly poor barometer on any opinion, with a lot of extreme opinions on either side of any debate and little representation of the middle where most people tend to sit.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Yes, the extremes are present but social media has hundreds of millions, if not billions of users. Many of those users will be from the "middle ground"

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupť Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #261 on: March 8, 2021, 04:11:22 pm »
Ten Little ...

Oh, hang on a sec ... :P

Careful, Ted.

• Penile Toupť Extender
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 8, 2021, 04:14:12 pm »

He hasn't lost his trust fund though, just another source of unearned income from his Dad's fund of unearned income.

And as to obtaininh help it's not like they're short of a bob or two to pay for private healthcare, unlike the rest of us who support them.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Scousers Rule
« Reply #263 on: March 8, 2021, 04:27:33 pm »

is that.... a threat?

Penny Junor. Charlesís biographer and official brown noser
Comedian, chameleon, corinthian and caricature.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #264 on: March 8, 2021, 04:38:37 pm »
YouGov seems to attract a lot of right-wing gammons. It also won't surprise me if there's a fair amount of state-mandated bots running on it too tbf. But overall I'd imagine the majority of this country will just blindly believe whatever The S*n shoves down their mouths.

The demand for fairy tales and comforting inventions is at an all time high all round.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

• Penile Toupť Extender
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 8, 2021, 04:43:04 pm »
Penny Junor. Charlesís biographer and official brown noser

No surprise seeing her Dad was Editor in Chief of the Sunday Express and Mail on Sunday.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Scousers Rule
« Reply #266 on: March 8, 2021, 04:49:06 pm »
No surprise seeing her Dad was Editor in Chief of the Sunday Express and Mail on Sunday.

Ah yes...John Junor ! Brown noser extraordinaire.
Comedian, chameleon, corinthian and caricature.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: March 8, 2021, 04:50:58 pm »
Of course there is. Flag shagging racism disguised as nationalism also means blindly believing the Queen is some superior being.

Leave Trump out of this. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 8, 2021, 05:22:19 pm »
I'm not sure I agree with this. Yes, the extremes are present but social media has hundreds of millions, if not billions of users. Many of those users will be from the "middle ground"

In my experience the ones in the middle donít post, or share or Tweet so much as those at the extreme end of the debate (whatever that debate is).

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #269 on: March 8, 2021, 05:53:12 pm »

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 8, 2021, 06:37:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1368960774438281226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1368960774438281226%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2Flive%2F2021%2Fmar%2F08%2Fharry-meghan-oprah-interview-duke-duchess-sussex-toxic-environment-live-news

Paul Brand
@PaulBrandITV

2h
NEW: UK viewers side with the Palace (though the full interview is yet to be aired here on
@ITV
). YouGov poll finds:

- 47% say Harry and Meghanís interview is inappropriate, 21% say it's appropriate

- Only 29% have sympathy for them, 23% have not very much, 33% have none at all

----------------------------

I have no idea how to post tweets, sorry.

Couldn't give less of a shit about the royals, but it's fucking mad that 47% are willing to say talking about your lived experience is 'inappropriate'. What a shitty country we inhabit.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 8, 2021, 06:47:21 pm »

Couldn't give less of a shit about the royals, but it's fucking mad that 47% are willing to say talking about your lived experience is 'inappropriate'. What a shitty country we inhabit.

I suppose you shouldn't air your dirty linen in public, maybe most don't think slagging off your family in public is acceptable?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 8, 2021, 07:00:13 pm »

I know I am probably one of the more cynical and pessimistic of posters about our public in the UK, but genuinely the culture that has created Brexit, constant Tory flag waving rule and selfishness through covid is absolutely toxic. As RF pointed out above most just swallow what the Sun, Mail and Express tells them which to people with open eyes is almost unbelievable but it's true. Unfortunately I have no clue how it will change or do anything but get even worse. We are completely fucked.

That was a bit more pessimistic than usual tbf  ;D

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 8, 2021, 07:06:09 pm »
That colour chart ;D

I actually thought that was real until I saw Kate's areola  :D
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #274 on: March 8, 2021, 07:12:34 pm »

Bloody paparazzi.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 8, 2021, 07:46:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1368960774438281226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1368960774438281226%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2Flive%2F2021%2Fmar%2F08%2Fharry-meghan-oprah-interview-duke-duchess-sussex-toxic-environment-live-news

Paul Brand
@PaulBrandITV

2h
NEW: UK viewers side with the Palace (though the full interview is yet to be aired here on
@ITV
). YouGov poll finds:

- 47% say Harry and Meghanís interview is inappropriate, 21% say it's appropriate

- Only 29% have sympathy for them, 23% have not very much, 33% have none at all

----------------------------

So 52% of people have at least some sympathy for them.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 8, 2021, 07:47:48 pm »
I know I am probably one of the more cynical and pessimistic of posters about our public in the UK, but genuinely the culture that has created Brexit, constant Tory flag waving rule and selfishness through covid is absolutely toxic. As RF pointed out above most just swallow what the Sun, Mail and Express tells them which to people with open eyes is almost unbelievable but it's true. Unfortunately I have no clue how it will change or do anything but get even worse. We are completely fucked.

That was a bit more pessimistic than usual tbf  ;D

None of that sounds off nor too specific to the UK, sadly. It is the age of disinformation
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 8, 2021, 08:10:15 pm »
Mind are one of the two charities (alongside Young Minds) supporting ITV's "Britain Get Talking" mental health campaign.

https://twitter.com/MindCharity/status/1369003597103529985

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: March 8, 2021, 08:13:01 pm »

From what I remember of the pictures Kateís areola looked pretty real!

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 8, 2021, 09:29:09 pm »
Some quite obvious lies from Meghan and itís only 30 minutes in.