Author Topic: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *  (Read 49994 times)

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #120 on: June 8, 2018, 10:53:55 pm »
Shame there wasn’t a Sir Bob, but onya Sir King Kenny !
Its a travesty Bob was never knighted. Do they give them posthumously?
King Kenny was my first real idol. And what he did for our club off the field as well as on will never be forgotten. Deserved
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #121 on: June 8, 2018, 10:54:27 pm »
At long last :)
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #122 on: June 8, 2018, 10:54:34 pm »
Sir Kenny for everyone else still King Kenny to us - couldnt happen to a nicer man
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #123 on: June 8, 2018, 10:57:41 pm »
Congratulations Sir Kenny.

So well deserved...Love the man.

Online Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #124 on: June 8, 2018, 11:01:24 pm »
Not many can be so great yet so humble.

Dalglish, who claims he will be uncomfortable with “Sir Kenny”, said: “We are hugely proud to have got this. You start off in life just hoping to be a footballer. You become a footballer and have a bit of success in the football world and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things. We only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us. Marina wanted to show her appreciation – or we did as a family – for the way she was looked after when she was treated [for breast cancer] and ended up starting the charity. I think it’s just what you are supposed to do in life, isn’t it?

“You start off with your parents and they put you on the right road. Marina and I are fortunate that we got good direction from them. Then the football. You couldn’t get any better tutors than [former Celtic manager] Jock Stein and Bob Paisley. People might say they didn’t get a recognition like this. I wouldn’t get into a discussion about that but I’m not saying I’m any more deserving than those two great men.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/08/kenny-dalglish-is-knighted-in-queens-birthday-honours-list
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: June 8, 2018, 11:02:19 pm »
Hoping the stand will now be renamed accordingly?

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #126 on: June 8, 2018, 11:04:11 pm »
Is right Kenny. Made up for you. Working class hero who happened to be our best ever player. Your more than a Sir to us. Enjoy your day King.

'I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals!'
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 8, 2018, 11:05:07 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 8, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
@GaryLineker
Thrilled to see that Kenny Dalglish has been knighted. No one in football is more deserving. A truly great footballer and wonderfully empathetic human being. Arise Sir King Kenny.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #129 on: June 8, 2018, 11:10:24 pm »
I don't think the king would have wanted this accolade as he doesn't like the attention but he will accept it because he is a decent,humble man of legendary status.King Kenny is one of the reasons I became a Liverpool fan and I am thankful for that plus he is Scottish.When i watched his dvd I was in tears not only at his footballing genius but also when I could see the pain he still deals with from hllsborough and heysel.I hope he goes to be knighted wearing a kilt and Liverpool top and that would be some photo if he did.Arise SIR KING KENNY,THE KING OF THE KOP
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #130 on: June 8, 2018, 11:11:53 pm »
I remember the day Sir Kenneth signed for us. Our next door neighbour, who was a Red, said ''the game had gone mad'' because we paid £440,000 for him.  :D
What a bargain the man turned out to be for us, though. I was gutted when Keegan left, but then in walked Kenny Dalglish. One of the greatest players and one of the finest human beings ever to pull on the LFC shirt. I was lucky enough to be a regular throughout his career with us and watched his debut against United from the terraces at Wembley.

I'm more of a republican, so the pomp and ceremony mean nothing to me personally, but this man deserves the highest recognition possible, regardless of where it comes from. He was a genius with a football, but Kenny Dalglish is more than a footballer. This is a man who has been there with us through epic highs and tragic lows. A man with dignity, class and heaps of genuine humility. A rare thing these days. He has always had our recognition and gratitude, and I'm sure he probably values that above all else, but it's also fitting that the establishment recognises him for who and what he is too. Enjoy it Sir Kenneth, because you so richly deserve it.

Sorry for the gif overload. I'm just so happy for Kenny tonight.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 11:59:02 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 8, 2018, 11:12:58 pm »
There's only one person should be kneeling when this is awarded.

SonofSpion has said everything better.

« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 11:17:31 pm by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #132 on: June 8, 2018, 11:13:48 pm »
The man, the legend, the absolute best player I ever saw and will see.

Finally, recognition for who and what you are to millions of people. The most deserved award of them all.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #133 on: June 8, 2018, 11:21:09 pm »
They're going to have to find an illuminated 'Sir' sign to stick on the Dalglish stand now...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #134 on: June 8, 2018, 11:21:29 pm »
Absolutely deserved and overdue.

I was 10 years old when Kenny came to our club.
As a kid I idolised him!

I was 22 when he helped us through our darkest hour. I idolised him even more after that.

Taking his knighthood and giving praise to everyone who took the journey with him is true testament to what a great man he is.

The only football person to have not one but two titles!!! Beat that!

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Treedon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #135 on: June 8, 2018, 11:21:36 pm »
What a man, what a family.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #136 on: June 8, 2018, 11:21:47 pm »
A man deserving of any praise.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #137 on: June 8, 2018, 11:21:52 pm »
About time and well deserved!  :)
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 8, 2018, 11:22:20 pm »
Congratulations on the recognition Kenny..no one more deserving.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 8, 2018, 11:23:29 pm »
The King:

This is what I wrote in the other thread a while back

Kenny is my only  hero, not for his playing or as a manager and I think he was exceptional at both. But as a man he was and has been a fucking extraordinary human being, I don't know if you were in the city in 1989 and 1990 but not only was he managing us, he was like a fucking rock, the number of  families and individuals who he found time for and helped is just amazing and this club and it's supporters and the city will forever be in Kenny's debt.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 8, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »
Should have been done long time ago.

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #141 on: June 8, 2018, 11:28:00 pm »
Bastards have demoted him. He is a King.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 8, 2018, 11:28:50 pm »
Should have been done long time ago.

I think it's a combination of them thinking he wouldn't take one and him maybe not wanting to accept one until recently.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #143 on: June 8, 2018, 11:30:04 pm »
King > Sir

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 8, 2018, 11:33:51 pm »
A great and historic day, both for Kenny and recognition for what his family went through still standing tall

The very best always rise to the top
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #145 on: June 8, 2018, 11:35:24 pm »
Hoping the stand will now be renamed accordingly?

Please not. He is a King not a Sir at Anfield. But we all know that anyway so little point in sticking that on there given his humility. I'm fine with the Kenny Dalglish Stand personally.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #146 on: June 8, 2018, 11:36:15 pm »
Made up for him and his family. Totally and utterly deserved.

Arise Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Now to get Sir Bob recognised...

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #147 on: June 8, 2018, 11:43:25 pm »
Fully deserved and long overdue. A great player and a wonderfully compassionate man.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #148 on: June 8, 2018, 11:50:01 pm »
I remember the day Sir Kenneth signed for us. Our next door neighbour, who was a Red, said ''the game had gone mad'' because we paid £440,000 for him.  :

The fee always seemed odd to me. It was only years later that I found out that Bob and Peter Robinson travelled to Glasgow with a Max figure of £400,000 in their heads. When the realised Celtic were wavering Robinson offered 10% more, making it £440,000, to which Celtic agreed.

Robinson said to Bob that they should celebrate there. Bob said no, let's get out of here before everyone finds out how little they paid for him as he thought Celtic fans would riot  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #149 on: June 8, 2018, 11:52:27 pm »
He was like a superhero to me when I was growing up, the older I got, during some dark dark times, he became something even bigger than a superhero,  He was my absolute idol.

In the old days of being allowed into Melwood while they trained I remember standing just inside that big old black gate in front of the pavilion watching the team.  A loose ball rolled toward me and the natural instinct to kick it back where it came from took over, then I realised that King Kenny Dalglish was 10 feet in front of me coming for the ball in his black woolie jumper they used to wear.  I froze and he laughed, there was a stand off for what seemed like forever then Kenny says "go on son hit it", I gently kicked it towards him and he passes it straight back and says "go on, harder" we finished up playing passy for a few minutes then he rubbed my hair and ran off and told me I was going to play for Liverpool if I carried on practicing.  That was me made for life !!

I met him in 2001 in a hotel lift in Barcelona before the UEFA Cup game as well, thats a different story but when he realised the security fella was trying to follow me into the lift he put his hand up to stop him and shut the doors.  He laughed and booted me out on the 3rd floor though  :D

LEGEND. HERO and always THE KING
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 8, 2018, 11:58:36 pm »
Enjoy it Sir Kenneth, because you so richly deserve it.
:thumbup

Offline mapleleaf56

• Kemlynite
« Reply #151 on: June 9, 2018, 12:02:13 am »
Its a travesty Bob was never knighted. Do they give them posthumously?
King Kenny was my first real idol. And what he did for our club off the field as well as on will never be forgotten. Deserved
Unfortunately they do not give knighthoods posthumously..

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 9, 2018, 12:05:11 am »
Unfortunately they do not give knighthoods posthumously..

Would he even have wanted one? I know Shankly certainly would not have.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 9, 2018, 12:06:36 am »
I remember the day Sir Kenneth signed for us. Our next door neighbour, who was a Red, said ''the game had gone mad'' because we paid £440,000 for him.  :D
What a bargain the man turned out to be for us, though. I was gutted when Keegan left, but then in walked Kenny Dalglish. One of the greatest players and one of the finest human beings ever to pull on the LFC shirt. I was lucky enough to be a regular throughout his career with us and watched his debut against United from the terraces at Wembley.

I'm more of a republican, so the pomp and ceremony mean nothing to me personally, but this man deserves the highest recognition possible, regardless of where it comes from. He was a genius with a football, but Kenny Dalglish is more than a footballer. This is a man who has been there with us through epic highs and tragic lows. A man with dignity, class and heaps of genuine humility. A rare thing these days. He has always had our recognition and gratitude, and I'm sure he probably values that above all else, but it's also fitting that the establishment recognises him for who and what he is too. Enjoy it Sir Kenneth, because you so richly deserve it.

Awesome post.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 9, 2018, 12:12:39 am »
Please not. He is a King not a Sir at Anfield. But we all know that anyway so little point in sticking that on there given his humility. I'm fine with the Kenny Dalglish Stand personally.
The songs the Kop sing are partisanly ours, but from now he is Sir Kenny. Therefore the stand should be aptly named after the man.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 9, 2018, 12:24:04 am »
Pleased for him. It should have happened a long time ago, but better late than never.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #156 on: June 9, 2018, 12:45:57 am »
With all due respect if you are knighted as professor you become Professor Sir _ _ _.

I thererfore humbly request the thread be retitled to King (Sir) Kenny.

Yours nitpickingly
RR

An honour for an honourable man, there are few who others will wear it as well.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #157 on: June 9, 2018, 12:49:11 am »
I don't follow false idols but then there is absolutely nothing false about Sir Kenny Dalglish, not only my favourite ever Liverpool player but also the only "celebrity" i still love and idolise to this day.

The words class, dignity and humility were invented as a means to describe the King.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #158 on: June 9, 2018, 12:52:56 am »
Congratulations to every Sir who now has the honour if being counted in the same company as that of the best of men.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #159 on: June 9, 2018, 01:01:00 am »
A modest but well deserved honor for a great man!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."