Author Topic: Euro away without credits  (Read 102061 times)

Offline macksmate

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Euro away without credits
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2018, 02:25:04 am »
Rather than start a new thread thought id ask for help in here if its ok . After me and my 14 year old son failed to get tickets in the ballot for CL final, i promised him id take him to an away European game this coming campaign. Questions i have are when is the group draw to find out possible opponents and whats the best way to get tickets with no previous European aways ?   We both have season tickets with CL home games. Any help appreciated.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2018, 06:07:08 am »
30th August the draw is.
Tickets wise, online site, touts, know people who can't go, write on here in a thread asking the best way to get tickets and hope someone isn't going and doesn't know anyone who wants their ticket :D

The more far flung place a team is located with a decent capacity is probably your best bet. Russia/ Turkey for example. How boss we did last season will probably have more people wanting to get to Europe more than ever now. Just less go to Beşiktaş or Moscow for example.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2018, 07:58:36 am »
Any away where you need proof of travel you'll get a ticket on your own card. Anything else you'll be relying on spares off people

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:11 am »
Any away where you need proof of travel you'll get a ticket on your own card. Anything else you'll be relying on spares off people
Dya not think more people will want to start going irregardless of where it is now that we went far in the comp last season?
People buy tickets just to get the credit too so they can buy tickets further on.

If we do continue to stay in the champs league I can't see people passing up buying tickets to pass on to mates/ sell just to gain a credit.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2018, 10:08:00 am »
Dya not think more people will want to start going irregardless of where it is now that we went far in the comp last season?
People buy tickets just to get the credit too so they can buy tickets further on.

If we do continue to stay in the champs league I can't see people passing up buying tickets to pass on to mates/ sell just to gain a credit.

No what I implied has been happening for the past 20 years so I can't see it changing now.

Especially a Russian away where the visa alone is about £100 plus involves going to there embassy to sort it all out.

Offline macksmate

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2018, 12:29:47 pm »
Cheers for the info guys. So games you need proof of travel ? Guessing the Russian ones ? Any more ?  So you have to arrange flights etc before you get a ticket ?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2018, 12:48:02 pm »
I can see the pick up scenario being vigourously upheld next season as it will be easier to introduce from the group stage next season

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »

Does this mean we need to buy travel and visa's before we apply for tickets through Liverpool?
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »
Does this mean we need to buy travel and visa's before we apply for tickets through Liverpool?

No you just won’t get the credit if you can’t prove you travelled

That said the club do ask for travel plans but don’t check them

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:14 am »
No you just won’t get the credit if you can’t prove you travelled

That said the club do ask for travel plans but don’t check them

Ohhh ok. So how would I go about giving them proof? Im guessing passport stamp or something?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2018, 12:53:15 pm »
Ohhh ok. So how would I go about giving them proof? Im guessing passport stamp or something?

The only time recently the club has asked for proof of travel is for the Russian games, as if they didn't plenty would just buy the ticket and not go just to get the credit

As said above can see the club doing at least one collect out there trip. The did it for Augsburg and that got rid of some credit hunters

But as mentioned you're best hope to get a credit on your card now is a Russian away, as now there's at least 5000 with 1 credit thanks to the size of the Roma allocation

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2018, 01:09:02 pm »
The only time recently the club has asked for proof of travel is for the Russian games, as if they didn't plenty would just buy the ticket and not go just to get the credit

As said above can see the club doing at least one collect out there trip. The did it for Augsburg and that got rid of some credit hunters

But as mentioned you're best hope to get a credit on your card now is a Russian away, as now there's at least 5000 with 1 credit thanks to the size of the Roma allocation

They should do it for all away's if it stops the credit hunters

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »
They should do it for all away's if it stops the credit hunters

Not always logistically possible for the club to do, the time between draw and fixtures, size of the allocation, size of the city we're playing in, booking a location in the city to facilitate it,  availability of TO staff (there were about 16-20 for Augsburg for a 1695 allocation) are all factors

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2018, 01:46:09 pm »
Well collection doesn’t help if you just can nominate someone else to use/collect the tickets.

Gotta be some sort of proof of travel for each match.
If it’s just a boarding pass and a statement for your bank/credit card that can confirm travel that’s a start.
Or say 10% are at random required to meet up at a hotel to collect there tickets or ‘sign in’ with ID but tickets can only be used by the person registered on the ST/members card/FC.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:00:45 pm by kalle-anka »

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2018, 02:42:26 pm »
Not always logistically possible for the club to do, the time between draw and fixtures, size of the allocation, size of the city we're playing in, booking a location in the city to facilitate it,  availability of TO staff (there were about 16-20 for Augsburg for a 1695 allocation) are all factors

I appreciate that is the reason why they don't do it, doesn't make it right though.
On the members sale thread there are plenty of suggestions being put forward to prevent credit hunting for home games yet the club know it's been going on for both domestic and european aways for years.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2018, 02:43:49 pm »
Well collection doesn’t help if you just can nominate someone else to use/collect the tickets.

Gotta be some sort of proof of travel for each match.
If it’s just a boarding pass and a statement for your bank/credit card that can confirm travel that’s a start.
Or say 10% are at random required to meet up at a hotel to collect there tickets or ‘sign in’ with ID but tickets can only be used by the person registered on the ST/members card/FC.

Something as simple as above would sort it out.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2018, 03:25:47 pm »
I appreciate that is the reason why they don't do it, doesn't make it right though.
On the members sale thread there are plenty of suggestions being put forward to prevent credit hunting for home games yet the club know it's been going on for both domestic and european aways for years.

Yeah but the club want the one/twice a season fans from Scandinavia and Asia at Anfield. I guess 90% of them will buy at least one shirt at the shop. Some will buy 4,5,6 + scarfs + tshirts..

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2018, 03:51:56 pm »
I can see the pick up scenario being vigourously upheld next season as it will be easier to introduce from the group stage next season

That depends, the club are already on the back foot because of the latest debacle with the members sale. Spirit of Shankly told them it was nonsense doing it at Man City last season and then abandoned it when City said no anyway after the home leg. 

At some point the question has got to be asked of the club, do they think it's fair wasting people's time when they've gone to considerable time and expense to support the team. Can you definitely prove if you've been to the game or not. Obviously a Visa application and stamp on the passport is a good deterrent if we play in Russia, but that doesn't work elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:39:20 pm by Alf »

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2018, 04:15:31 pm »

ah right. So I could buy a ticket for the game, but if I can't prove my travel details then I won't get the credit, right?

Just trying to make sure I know all the details seeing as I missed out last season on Moscow as I didn't know that was open to all members as long as you went, if I knew that then I defo would've gone.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2018, 05:31:32 pm »
ah right. So I could buy a ticket for the game, but if I can't prove my travel details then I won't get the credit, right?

Just trying to make sure I know all the details seeing as I missed out last season on Moscow as I didn't know that was open to all members as long as you went, if I knew that then I defo would've gone.

Correct, on the day of the sale I have ‘SPARTAK MOSCOW V LIVERPOOL‘ in my purchase history. 2 weeks later after sending in passport with stamps and boarding passes I got ‘SPARTAK MOSCOW PROOF OF TRAVEL APPROVED’

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #140 on: August 1, 2018, 02:38:52 pm »
Correct, on the day of the sale I have ‘SPARTAK MOSCOW V LIVERPOOL‘ in my purchase history. 2 weeks later after sending in passport with stamps and boarding passes I got ‘SPARTAK MOSCOW PROOF OF TRAVEL APPROVED’

cheers mate. So I can buy the ticket for the game 1st then the travel, rather than the other way round?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 1, 2018, 03:05:27 pm »
cheers mate. So I can buy the ticket for the game 1st then the travel, rather than the other way round?

In theory yes

You might be better waiting for the draw before you worry too much ;D

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #142 on: August 1, 2018, 03:34:44 pm »

Yeah but you need to provide travel and accommodation details once you buy the ticket... but if you dont know I would either find an address online or just write no accommodation booked yet.
But its just 12,5% we draw Moscow... but I really hope we do!

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 1, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
Yeah but you need to provide travel and accommodation details once you buy the ticket... but if you dont know I would either find an address online or just write no accommodation booked yet.
But its just 12,5% we draw Moscow... but I really hope we do!

Bit more than that, as we can't draw City. It's a 1 in 7 chance.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #144 on: August 1, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »
Bit more than that, as we can't draw City. It's a 1 in 7 chance.

True!

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: August 2, 2018, 08:23:43 am »
Shaktar away is just as good as Moscow away credit wise, can we draw them?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #146 on: August 2, 2018, 08:48:29 am »
Shaktar away is just as good as Moscow away credit wise, can we draw them?

No for 2 reasons it isn’t.
Firstly no Visa required for Ukraine. And secondly they play all matches in Lviv just across the Polish boarder.

But we can draw them from the 4th pot. Not sure if Spartak Moscow will be in the 4th pot as well if they qualify?

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: August 2, 2018, 09:20:15 am »
Firstly no Visa required for Ukraine. And secondly they play all matches in Lviv just across the Polish boarder.

But we can draw them from the 4th pot. Not sure if Spartak Moscow will be in the 4th pot as well if they qualify?
You are right, i just hope the club demands some kind of proof of travel for these eastern aways (that dont require visa). Now that ~5k has 1 credit.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #148 on: August 2, 2018, 11:20:41 am »
You are right, i just hope the club demands some kind of proof of travel for these eastern aways (that dont require visa). Now that ~5k has 1 credit.

Fingers crossed Spartak qualifies as well and the change of getting a Russian team is doubled!

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 2, 2018, 11:36:55 am »
Fingers crossed Spartak qualifies as well and the change of getting a Russian team is doubled!

We could still get CSKA too, they are in pot 3 with us at the minute.

Basel went out last night. So Roma have moved up to pot 2. We are now the highest seeded team in pot 3.
If Benfica lose in the qualifiers we move into pot 2.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #150 on: August 2, 2018, 12:30:40 pm »

Basel went out last night. So Roma have moved up to pot 2. We are now the highest seeded team in pot 3.

Fingers crossed!!

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 2, 2018, 12:40:47 pm »
roll on the 30th Aug !

I don't remember how soon after the draw the game days/dates are settled for the group stages?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #152 on: August 2, 2018, 12:48:38 pm »
roll on the 30th Aug !

I don't remember how soon after the draw the game days/dates are settled for the group stages?

Will be announced within a couple of hours of the draw.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 2, 2018, 01:26:13 pm »
I think the draw last time was around 5 or 6pm. Looking back at my emails I booked my first flight at 19:37, and I was sat waiting for them to be announced.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 2, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »

Did a bit of working out this morning, admittedly still plenty of qualifiers left to go so could all change  ;D ;D ;D

If all the highest ranked teams get through Qualifiers from here would look like this

Pot 1

Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Lokomotiv Moscow

Pot 2

Borussia Dortmund, FC Porto, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Napoli, Tottenham Hotspur, Roma

Pot 3

Liverpool, Schalke, Lyon, Monaco, FC Salzburg, CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Kiev, PSV

Pot 4

Inter Milan, Valencia, Hoffenheim, Celtic, Viktoria Plzen, Club Brugge, Galatasary, FK Astana

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: August 2, 2018, 02:17:12 pm »
Lokomotiv Moscow,
Shaktar Donetsk
Liverpool
Galatasaray/Astana
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Or can Russian and Ukrainian teams be in the same group?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #156 on: August 2, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
Lokomotiv Moscow,
Shaktar Donetsk
Liverpool
Galatasaray/Astana
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Or can Russian and Ukrainian teams be in the same group?

Dont think they can.

Moscow, Dortmund & Astana

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 2, 2018, 02:30:18 pm »
What would they ever do if a Russian & Ukrainian team both got to the final ::)

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 3, 2018, 07:54:45 am »

Shaktar play their home matches in Kharkiv now, which is harder to get to and would probably put enough people off to go to a free for all.
Should that trip arise I suspect the club will do a 100% collection only policy, with people failing to do so losing the credit.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #159 on: August 3, 2018, 09:48:42 am »
Shaktar play their home matches in Kharkiv now, which is harder to get to and would probably put enough people off to go to a free for all.
Should that trip arise I suspect the club will do a 100% collection only policy, with people failing to do so losing the credit.

They back home this season? Good for them!
It’s only a 3-4h train from Kiev if you book the express train.
The intercity on the other hand... takes about 2 weeks, at least that’s the feeling you get in a wagon with I metal seat without padding or AC. We also had a fucking wooden log stuck in the baggage compartment!! Another nice design feature was the hole in floor on the toilet, big enough to drop your phone in... I tried and succeeded with that.

But all tickets for collecting should absolutely be possible with the amount that are likely to travel. But perhaps not due to security reasons?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2018, 10:26:57 am by kalle-anka »