Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 502658 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2017, 10:17:16 am »
Like Real Madrid are any better?

Probably not but I don't see their players and or staff going on about our players in the media on almost a daily basis. I haven't seen them put in derisory bids for one of our best players.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2017, 10:50:10 am »
Was gonna just move the 'real' (I know, I know, it's Barca but I couldn't resist the pun) thread over into here from the main board but saw that this topic was running, so all talk of Phil's will he/won't he is diverted into here for now.

Any match-related discussion of his performances until the window closes can be held within the relevant post-match topic.

It's not personal, it's just efficiency (or what Alan_X might call 'cat-herding' :wave )

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2017, 10:55:16 am »
Was gonna just move the 'real' (I know, I know, it's Barca but I couldn't resist the pun) thread over into here from the main board but saw that this topic was running, so all talk of Phil's will he/won't he is diverted into here for now.

Any match-related discussion of his performances until the window closes can be held within the relevant post-match topic.

It's not personal, it's just efficiency (or what Alan_X might call 'cat-herding' :wave )

Big up for your OP ahead of the Swansea game.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2017, 10:58:10 am »
Big up for your OP ahead of the Swansea game.
Haha I might not have been entirely sober writing that one up ;D

(did you miss post #2 though? :P )
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:00:17 am by Forever Christmas Radio – Christmas Music Mix 24/7 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2017, 11:07:08 am »
I read it now. :lmao
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2017, 11:13:31 am »
Haha I might not have been entirely sober writing that one up ;D

(did you miss post #2 though? :P )

I thought you just had a dodgy keyboard.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2017, 11:20:04 am »
Just enjoy the gravy.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2017, 11:22:58 am »

The gift that keeps on giving  ;D

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2017, 11:23:17 am »
Keegan, Kenny, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc suggest we always find a replacement

Aye - you're right... we'll find another player who can do the job (perhaps better?), but how can we replace that little midget gem-headed cheeky makeshift scouser when he's just so chuckleicious.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2017, 11:47:21 am »
I know, I know, we don't need to because he's still got a long time to run on his contract - but wouldn't it be like massive if he were to sign a contract extension right now (make sure he's highest paid at the club).
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:54 am »
http://www.goal.com/en/news/75m-virgil-van-dijk-joins-naby-keita-in-jurgen-klopps-masterplan-/1faugqaw77z3c1mded913cfnkn

"Whether the masterful playmaker will still be at Liverpool when the winter window closes remains to be seen"

This line from Mel Reddy doesn't fill me with a ton of confidence to be honest.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2017, 11:55:38 am »
http://www.goal.com/en/news/75m-virgil-van-dijk-joins-naby-keita-in-jurgen-klopps-masterplan-/1faugqaw77z3c1mded913cfnkn

"Whether the masterful playmaker will still be at Liverpool when the winter window closes remains to be seen"

Even if he does go at some point, I can't see why he would go half way through the season, cup tied in the Champions League and when Barcelona  don't really need him. I suspect she might just be covering all bases.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2017, 12:07:18 pm »
Nobody could afford him on his current form, especially not Barça.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2017, 12:33:42 pm »
Nobody could afford him on his current form, especially not Barça.

Yeah,their best offer last summer reportedly was a low fee (80-90m) with unrealistic clauses.

Neymar's transfer fee for better or worse sets a new higher bar for world class attacking talent moving clubs and John Henry certainly has taken note of that.
It won't influence him one iota that their whole starting 11 or whoever else at the "more than a club" outfit pines after Phil daily in the media.
IF he moves,it will propably be for close to a world record fee and at the moment Barca can't afford that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2017, 12:40:05 pm »

He's not going to go now, it would make no sense as he's cup-tied in the Champion's League. It makes no sense for either player or club to let him go in January.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »
Even if he does go at some point, I can't see why he would go half way through the season, cup tied in the Champions League and when Barcelona  don't really need him. I suspect she might just be covering all bases.
Yeah, what's the point. They're almost strolling the league.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »

That's the perfect scenario for introducing a new player into the squad. He'd get to ease his way into the squad in games that don't have too much riding on them while Iniesta stays fresh for the Champions League. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for us to sell in this window, but I'm not that confident he'll be a Liverpool player in February.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2017, 12:48:46 pm »
That's the perfect scenario for introducing a new player into the squad. He'd get to ease his way into the squad in games that don't have too much riding on them while Iniesta stays fresh for the Champions League. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for us to sell in this window, but I'm not that confident he'll be a Liverpool player in February.

The problem with the above Gerry is what's the advantage for us? I don't see any in the above, its all dependant on us getting one of our targets, how likely would that be? Very little chance I'd say. Say nothing of the little matter than Barcelona haven't got even near to a realistic price, their offers before were a joke. If they are set on getting Griezman they cannot get both in the same transfer window.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2017, 12:52:17 pm »
The problem with the above Gerry is what's the advantage for us? I don't see any in the above, its all dependant on us getting one of our targets, how likely would that be? Very little chance I'd say. Say nothing of the little matter than Barcelona haven't got even near to a realistic price, their offers before were a joke. If they are set on getting Griezman they cannot get both in the same transfer window.

No advantage for us, but I can't help but feel an offer north of 100m would see it happen unfortunately. Hope I'm way off with that though. If we did sell I'd like to see us throw a large signing fee at Goretzka and then use the rest to buy somebody like Fekir and a number 6.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2017, 12:57:04 pm »
No advantage for us, but I can't help but feel an offer north of 100m would see it happen unfortunately. Hope I'm way off with that though. If we did sell I'd like to see us throw a large signing fee at Goretzka and then use the rest to buy somebody like Fekir and a number 6.

Why would we change our mind, though?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2017, 01:01:40 pm »

Barca are not flush at the moment, they would have to get rid of a number of players before they got anywhere near that amount of money, say nothing about having to pay for their ground improvements as well. I just cannot see them offering us any price that would be acceptable to us at this moment. Say nothing of the fact that why would Coutinho sacrifice a chance of playing in the Champion's League with us? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not too worried at the moment.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:48 pm »
Why would we change our mind, though?

Timing. We've had ages to plan for life without him now, so we might be more receptive to selling if the offer is large enough.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2017, 01:03:34 pm »
Barca are not flush at the moment, they would have to get rid of a number of players before they got anywhere near that amount of money, say nothing about having to pay for their ground improvements as well. I just cannot see them offering us any price that would be acceptable to us at this moment. Say nothing of the fact that why would Coutinho sacrifice a chance of playing in the Champion's League with us? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not too worried at the moment.

I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2017, 01:05:34 pm »
If we sell Coutinho this summer, we'll have Madrid knocking on our doors the next summer for Salah. And the bravado and the platitudes will be out in force again. "Liverpool is bigger than any player", "We will survive" etc etc. And we'll still be looking for that last piece in the jigsaw as Coutinho's replacement begins to finally replace him and and PSG come knocking 2 years down the line. The platitudes will be out in force again. Rinse and repeat. It's like some people never learn.

The rhetoric from the fans has to be one of zero tolerance to a sale. That will only force the club to stay strong they did last year. In the meantime, Barca will keep tapping him up. Let's just hope they get a transfer ban of some sort or that our management continues to retain their balls. There doesn't seem much point in spending 75m on a CB if they're planning to then sell their best player. They might as well cash in and solidify the team for another development cycle than spending that kind of money on a player that is approaching his peak. The age profile of this team is ideal for a team that will challenge for trophies over the next 4-5 years. It would be madness to disrupt the entirety of that cycle by selling the absolute best of the lot.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2017, 01:17:56 pm »
We arent selling him this month, zero chance of that happening regardless of what Redy says

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »
Keegan, Kenny, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc suggest we always find a replacement

Never properly replaced Sean Dundee...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2017, 01:42:56 pm »

She's been proven to know fuck all or close to fuck all. I have no idea why she has been awarded such a reputation when it comes to the club and its transfer dealings. She's basically just another Twitter ITK and we all know how much they can be trusted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:44:36 pm by Willie Groundskeeper & the Chocolate Advent Calendar Factory »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline billz

• Kemlynite
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »
Not worried about him leaving at all...  assuming City are selling De Bruyne and Chelsea are selling Hazard.

Need to set a (deserved) price that is so prohibitive that the tapping up crew aren't interested.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2017, 01:53:25 pm »
It's Thursday so I just wanted to say fuck off Barcelona.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2017, 01:56:48 pm »
If we sell Coutinho this summer, we'll have Madrid knocking on our doors the next summer for Salah. And the bravado and the platitudes will be out in force again. "Liverpool is bigger than any player", "We will survive" etc etc. And we'll still be looking for that last piece in the jigsaw as Coutinho's replacement begins to finally replace him and and PSG come knocking 2 years down the line. The platitudes will be out in force again. Rinse and repeat. It's like some people never learn.

The rhetoric from the fans has to be one of zero tolerance to a sale. That will only force the club to stay strong they did last year. In the meantime, Barca will keep tapping him up. Let's just hope they get a transfer ban of some sort or that our management continues to retain their balls. There doesn't seem much point in spending 75m on a CB if they're planning to then sell their best player. They might as well cash in and solidify the team for another development cycle than spending that kind of money on a player that is approaching his peak. The age profile of this team is ideal for a team that will challenge for trophies over the next 4-5 years. It would be madness to disrupt the entirety of that cycle by selling the absolute best of the lot.

In a nutshell. It really is time to stand up to Barca, look them coolly in the eye, and spell out in the clearest Catalonian that they are invited to cordially go and fuck themselves. That we aren't selling him this time and it will be a FUCKING LONG TIME before we do business with this gang of chancers again. Coutinho stays. That is all. He will be allowed to leave when we are done with him and not a moment before. And if they, he or his brother don't like it simply refer them to his recently penned, release-clause-free and legally binding contract. Read it and weep motherfuckers.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2017, 02:13:37 pm »
She's been proven to know fuck all or close to fuck all. I have no idea why she has been awarded such a reputation when it comes to the club and its transfer dealings. She's basically just another Twitter ITK and we all know how much they can be trusted.

She really hasn't, she was the first to state our interest in van Dijk, AoC, Keita and Salah last summer and we bought all four. She's clearly a bit of a mouthpiece for the club, just like Joyce et al.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »
She really hasn't, she was the first to state our interest in van Dijk, AoC, Keita and Salah last summer and we bought all four. She's clearly a bit of a mouthpiece for the club, just like Joyce et al.

Disagree.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2017, 02:17:30 pm »
I thought I'd pop on to Barca forum after the VVD deal was made public. They are convinced that getting Virgil means that Phil is joining them for sure. There is no way we can afford a centre back without sellin Coutinho.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2017, 02:23:19 pm »
I thought I'd pop on to Barca forum after the VVD deal was made public. They are convinced that getting Virgil means that Phil is joining them for sure. There is no way we can afford a centre back without sellin Coutinho.

Says a lot about how they see us.
I’m not saying this is the new default for Liverpool but we could have afforded a big price players every so often and should have probably done it more. It’s a big fee but it’s not beyond our means.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »

yeh, whatever chaps. Doesn't make Barca any richer does it.  Get real - we are considerably richer than yow!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:34:18 pm by phil236849 »

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2017, 02:37:50 pm »

This is also how all our rivals' fans are preventing themselves from foaming at the mouth and crying RE: VVD and Keita. If we do sell Coutinho (and Barca, Madrid and PSG are probably the only candidates who could even afford him) an attempt will be made to replace him with a big money signing. It will be very hard to replace him like for like, but not impossible. Plus we're completely diverse and overpowered in attack currently... it's not like we'd suddenly default to shit like we did for a period when Suarez left, if whoever replaces Phil doesn't hit the ground running immediately.

Personally I think he's off to Barca in the summer. But if Barca's interest has waned (and why would it given Phil's form), or they're well below our valuation, then he stays anyway. I can't see him going to Madrid or PSG or anywhere else.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »
We won't sell him until summer. It doesn't make sense until then.

Offline xhaxhi

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47:28 pm »
Does not make sense to sell him now and I cant see it happening! If it happens in Summer then, at the current rate, anything less than 150 mil would be disappointing!

Offline Ken Doral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2017, 02:50:51 pm »
If we were going to just go and sell him in January we would have just sold him this past summer in the first place.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2017, 02:52:42 pm »
Phil is gone in the summer, I've accepted that. But no way he's leaving next month.