Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 33482 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Jordon Ibe
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2017, 11:20:34 pm »
In fairness, he's been a disappointment for some time now. Doesn't seem to progress at all.

The thing I always found strange with him is that despite the pace he has to beat players, he loves to return to the same approach: get the ball on the wing, and keep trying to cut-in

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 07:19:12 am »
I have to admit I was disappointed when we sold him but it appears to have been a great move from us.

Doesn't appear to have progressed at all and considering everyone goes on about how Eddie Howe is some sort of genius at the monment it looks bad business from their point of view.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 10:28:12 am »
I still wonder how some of our fans can even mention the likes of ibe as the same bracket as sterling as potential.

Even when ibe was doing well in those few games he played.. He clearly lacked that at x factor the likes of sterling has to make it to the next next level.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 01:59:19 pm »
The thing I always found strange with him is that despite the pace he has to beat players, he loves to return to the same approach: get the ball on the wing, and keep trying to cut-in
That's due to a lack of game intelligence and tactical awareness. I get the impression whenever I watch him play that he doesn't understand the game at all.
You can't give tactical orders to players like this.
You just put him on the pitch, give him a free role and tell him to play... hoping he'll do some damage. But being a player of his age and having a free role in a premier league team, good luck to him.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 09:12:30 pm »
Ibe was never going to make it here, making it at the highest level is about intelligence on the pitch, Ibe never had any.

He's blessed with incredible pace and can dribble, but that's about it, best hope for him was an Aaron Lennon type career.

It was obvious from U18 level and plenty of people were saying it, but so many more were calling him "better than Sterling" and whatever for kick and rushing past some Indonesian goat herder and hitting the post vs Everton that one time.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 10:30:24 pm »
And to think many thought he was going to replace Sterling whilst with us. The fee we got for him was day light robbery.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:22 am »
And to think many thought he was going to replace Sterling whilst with us. The fee we got for him was day light robbery.

You know it's not actually a terrible thing to be positive about our players?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »
You know it's not actually a terrible thing to be positive about our players?
I personally thought he had a great future with us so I guess you could say I was one of the positive ones.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2017, 12:41:28 pm »
I think he could become a decent wing-back ala Victor Moses. There's just not enough in his game to ever be more than a mediocre Premier League winger but his athleticism and speed could see him be a very useful wing-back if given time to adjust to the role in my opinion.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 12:43:28 pm »
I personally thought he had a great future with us so I guess you could say I was one of the positive ones.

Or say something about your judgement of young players

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 12:52:34 pm »
Your point being ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 12:57:51 pm »

He's still only a kid to be fair, and he's had a bad twelve months. Thats all.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 01:09:04 pm »
He's still only a kid to be fair, and he's had a bad twelve months. Thats all.

I wouldn't say he's had a bad twelve months. I don't think it's been a twelve months inconsistent with his previous twelve months.

But yeah, he is still a kid and by all means he could kick on and improve. But learning and improvement have proved very difficult for him for several years now, and that's why he's still at a quite similar level to where he was as a 17 year old

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »
I wouldn't say he's had a bad twelve months. I don't think it's been a twelve months inconsistent with his previous twelve months.

But yeah, he is still a kid and by all means he could kick on and improve. But learning and improvement have proved very difficult for him for several years now, and that's why he's still at a quite similar level to where he was as a 17 year old

Yeah maybe, I just dont really agree with a lot of the gloating that a 20 year old kid hasn't set the world on fire straight away after his first major move. If it was an Aquilani or a Robbie Keane, who left and did fuck all then fair enough. There's still plenty of time for him to make £15 million look pretty good value (obviously at the moment though, its looking pretty shit hot that we got £21 million for him and Brad Smith)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:56 am »
I heard that so far this season in 23 appearances he has 0 goals, 0 assists and 1 shot on target.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:37 pm »
I think he could become a decent wing-back ala Victor Moses. There's just not enough in his game to ever be more than a mediocre Premier League winger but his athleticism and speed could see him be a very useful wing-back if given time to adjust to the role in my opinion.

Don't think it's much of a surprise that his best showing was as one under Brendan. Think he's the kind of player that could start there and then move back to a standard right back later on.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 04:08:26 pm »
I think he looked good at fullback for us but the price we got meant he did have to go.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 11:59:31 pm »
yes its a bit of a weird one this remember when klopp took over and Ibe was very much involved and klopp would actually go out of is way to mention is talent and potential. then 6 months later we get rid although it was very good money, i think klopp must have seen some kind of character flaw maybe a lack of motivation or hunger to work at his game. a lot of these kids are instant millionaires before they turn 20 and talent is not enough in today's game the demands and pressure is very high. the lad might have thought i'll go to bournemouth and i can just enjoy my footy and thought he could coast mentally and now he cant even get a start for them.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:02 am »
yes its a bit of a weird one this remember when klopp took over and Ibe was very much involved and klopp would actually go out of is way to mention is talent and potential. then 6 months later we get rid although it was very good money, i think klopp must have seen some kind of character flaw maybe a lack of motivation or hunger to work at his game. a lot of these kids are instant millionaires before they turn 20 and talent is not enough in today's game the demands and pressure is very high. the lad might have thought i'll go to bournemouth and i can just enjoy my footy and thought he could coast mentally and now he cant even get a start for them.

He was staying on in the summers to practice shooting with Kenny. I don't think it was a lack of motivation in his case.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 01:42:44 am »
Is it maybe the case of him being either overly limited or conservative? There were many times you'd expect him to beat a defender and then whip it in, only to do his usual cut-inside, dribble, lose the ball routine.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:51 am »
only to do his usual cut-inside, dribble, lose the ball routine.

I think that was the reason why Klopp got rid. Why he has all the physical attributes, his footballing brain is not all that. He's like a slightly more talented Alberto Moreno.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 12:48:44 pm »
Is it maybe the case of him being either overly limited or conservative? There were many times you'd expect him to beat a defender and then whip it in, only to do his usual cut-inside, dribble, lose the ball routine.

Most likely that. My gut feeling was that maybe Klopp wanted to mould him into something like Blaszczykowski but I remember a few times where he criticised Ibe for not leaving the tricks to the Brazilians.

The problem with Jordon always seems to be that he wants to over complicate everything when he's not ready to in his development against senior top footballers. Bale had the same issue but it took him years to figure it out, whether Ibe does that I don't know. Plus some players don't take the step down from a big club all that well and just fade away.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:36 pm »
Just provided two pretty epic assists for Bournemouth. Definitely a special player in there somewhere.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2017, 10:17:43 pm »
Looks a lot leaner than when he was with Liverpool. Was the gamechanger for Bournemouth, today.

how about activating the buy-back clause? ;)

not really tbf
The change is cast

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 3, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »
I can totally see why Klopp figured it was best to move him on

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #65 on: December 4, 2017, 04:07:07 am »
Ibe has a great physique for football, but not always the great brain for it.

But he wasn't sold because he didn't fit in. I have an ITK source that told me that the reason he was sold was because Klopp couldn't pronounce his last name:

"And then we'll play one of the young players on the right - Ibeee....Ebay.....Ibbeee.....Ibsen..... Ryan Kent.

Someone tell Jordon's agent to start to looking for another club"

True story.

Better looking than Samie.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2018, 03:07:08 pm »
Gets his first goal for Bournemouth, nice time to get it and one we could benefit from!
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2018, 08:53:10 pm »
I feel today was the right time to activate Agent Ibe.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2018, 09:20:18 pm »
To be fair we've robbed Bournemouth for him and Brad Smith, £21m wasn't it?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:27 am »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 1, 2018, 12:02:56 am »
Happy to see him putting in good performances
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 1, 2018, 07:56:58 am »
Well done Ibe. Starting to slowly grow in confidence and it showed in his performance

Good to see him doing a bit better, his first goal for them the other week did him the world of good. Still think he needs to improve his reading of the game, physically he's a beast but he is still guilty of running down blind alleys too often

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 1, 2018, 09:51:29 am »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.

I'm not taking that bait again ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 8, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »
Good article in The Guardian about Bournemouth's revival this season, with a nice bit about Jordan's performances in there.

Nice to see him starting to establish himself. Always really liked him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2018/feb/06/bournemouth-premier-league-form-team-2018

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »
MOTM yesterday for Bournemouth, he's on fire now  :)

Jordon Ibe has been directly involved in five goals in his last eight top-flight games with Bournemouth (two goals, three assists), after managing just three in his previous 44 with the Cherries (three assists).

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »

Jordon Ibe has been directly involved in five goals in his last eight top-flight games with Bournemouth (two goals, three assists), after managing just three in his previous 44 with the Cherries (three assists).

Have to give Howe some credit here. He cost quite a bit of money relative to their budget but loads of coaches would've lost patience and cut their losses after such a dire season. He kept faith in him and has kept giving him chances.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2018, 01:18:20 pm »
Have to give Howe some credit here. He cost quite a bit of money relative to their budget but loads of coaches would've lost patience and cut their losses after such a dire season. He kept faith in him and has kept giving him chances.

Indeed. Shows the benefit of not panicking and hiring and firing at the first sign of trouble. Admirably run club all round, about time they got a proper stadium though  :)

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2018, 02:14:13 pm »

Good for him . Glad to see he’s starting to find some form

Does brad smith still play there? Getting £5m for him was masterful business.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2018, 02:54:19 pm »
Does brad smith still play there? Getting £5m for him was masterful business.

Yep. Been out with a long-term injury most of this season

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #79 on: October 6, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »
His car's wing mirror was found in a cafe after a 4am crash that caused £11,000 of damage.  The car that caused the damage was driven away.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordon-ibe-linked-cafe-crash-20468782
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi