Author Topic: The Grand Tour - Clarkson, Hammond and May  (Read 26529 times)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Grand Tour - Clarkson, Hammond and May
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »
Thought it needed a new thread as they are nothing to do with Top Gear now.

Top Gear's Clarkson, Hammond and May making show for Amazon

Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming video service.

The trio will front three series of a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime, with the first season to be made available worldwide in 2016.

The move follows their departure from the hit BBC Two show earlier this year.

Clarkson's contract was not renewed following an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer.

His co-hosts then followed him in leaving the show.

They will now make the unnamed new programme with former Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman, who also quit the BBC following the "fracas".

In a statement from Amazon, Clarkson said: "I feel like I've climbed out of a biplane and into a spaceship."

Hammond said: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant." And May added: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Amazon Prime Video EU vice-president Jay Marine said: "Customers told us they wanted to see the team back on screen, and we are excited to make that happen.

"We can't wait to see what Jeremy, Richard, James and the team will create in what is sure to be one of the most globally anticipated shows of 2016."

Analysis - Mark Savage, BBC entertainment reporter

Rumours that Clarkson, May and Hammond would take their blokey bonhomie to a streaming service have been circulating for months.

It's a shrewd move. For a start, Amazon doesn't have to bow to pressure from advertisers, particularly those car manufacturers the team regularly skewers.

Secondly, it neatly sidesteps the much-reported clause in the presenters' BBC contracts that prevented them making a show for a UK broadcaster for two years.

More importantly, the team already have a proven track record in streaming video. Top Gear accounted for eight of the top 20 most-streamed programmes on the BBC's iPlayer last year, with one episode watched by 3.8 million people.

But we may never know whether the gang's new show reaches those height. Amazon, in common with Netflix, does not publish viewing figures.

The Amazon deal is part of a manoeuvre by the company to compete with traditional broadcasters and streaming rivals like Netflix.

Amazon has also signed up Woody Allen to make his first television series; resurrected drama Ripper Street after it was axed by the BBC; and won awards and acclaim for its dark comedy Transparent.

Mr Marine said it was "a golden age of television, [and] a great time for TV makers and storytellers".

He added: "Our approach is to give programme makers creative freedom to be innovative and make the shows they want to make. This is just the start, you should expect to see more world-leading talent and the biggest shows on Prime Video."

Meanwhile, Top Gear will continue on BBC Two, with Chris Evans among the new hosts.

Lisa Clark, who worked with Evans on The Big Breakfast, has just been announced as the show's new producer. "Lisa is as good as it gets when it comes to making big, important television shows," Evans said.

The presenter also fuelled rumours that Formula 1 driver Jenson Button was "in talks" to co-present the show when he read out a Daily Mail article on his BBC Radio 2 radio show.

"They say an announcement is imminent," Evans teased.

Neither the BBC nor Button's spokesman would comment on the speculation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33715671

.............................................................................................

Great to see they have a new show lined up, but now comes the decision weather to pay for prime or not.

.............................................................................................

What a awesome first show pretty much top gear but they actually got that trio of cars.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:10:13 am by JLStretton »
choose Life.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Clarkson, Hammond and May
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 05:43:13 pm »
Sound, hopefully the fresh start will give them the kick up the arse that was needed.....its only three tools fucking about with cars , but it makes for jolly entertaining telly when they get it right...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Top Gear (life after Clarkson, Hammond and May)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:12:17 am »
Meh.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Re: Top Gear (life after Clarkson, Hammond and May)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:19:09 am »
Thought it was ok, not brilliant, just ok.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:30:43 am »
This the old gang's new show?
Not amazing?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:43:35 am »
I was mainly amazed at how shit Clarkson's jeans were. They are probably the worst pair of jeans I have ever seen.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 02:24:23 am »
I mean, it was exactly the same show it was before. Better than the Evans series but if you didn't like the Clarkson top gear before, you won't like this.

A very car-y episode indeed though.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 02:47:52 am »
Yep, if you didn't like Clarkson's Top Gear before you won't like this either. If you were a fan however, it's excellent, really enjoyed it. Gave up on the Chris Evans show after 3 episodes, will be watching this all the way through for sure.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 03:02:12 am »
I liked it. Great to see those supercars go at it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 08:49:00 am »
It's strange, I really liked Clarkson's Top Gear, even towards the end, but I thought TGT was pretty awful. Everybody's raving about it, but I found it to be the same as the old Top Gear, just weaker in every department. Could become better with time, I'll give it a few more episodes, but just not feeling it at the moment...

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 08:52:25 am »
Yeah, its basically the old Top Gear, with some fresh paint. A decent first episode, I thought, set up all the bits it needed to and while some of the jokes fell a little flat in the studio, the segments with the supercars where they're all together just felt perfect. Those times especially, made Evans and co. Top Gear look like a cheap knock-off.

For me, its already entertained me more than the entire last season of Top Gear did, looking forward to the next 11 weeks.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 08:56:10 am »
The show was decent. First time ive watched a show in 4K, the picture was stunning.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 09:32:44 am »
Would a Tesla have beaten those three in a drag race? What is it...Insane mode or something?

Thought it had about 3 god jokes and the rest was awful

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:06 am »
Definitely could've used some fresh features, they almost could've ditched the studio/tent stuff completely. And why the fuck bring back the "celebrity" segment? Those invariably sucked.

Some lovely shots throughout though, I love how mean that McLaren looks.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 11:16:17 am »
Quite enjoyed it, spent most of it looking at that girl in pigtails behind Clarkson. Five or six years ago I was a big fan of the show, unmissable, but thought it got a bit meh towards the end. Now I just find it an enjoyable bit of entertainment.
Didn't get what the American driver added. Wonder how much Carol Vorderman got paid for that.
Does anyone know where that track/airfield is?

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 11:40:55 am »
I thought the parts in the studio/tent were quite poor really and that RAF segment was over the top without actually being funny.

The rest was spot on though & much more like the Top Gear of old, excellent stuff.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 11:41:26 am »
Please tell me all eps wont be in front of an American audience
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 11:46:57 am »

Probably in front of an Audience in a tent in whatever country they are in....think it's gonna get tired really fast

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 11:51:32 am »

Lots of 'hollering' and 'whooping' was there?

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 12:33:26 pm »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 04:01:13 pm »

Didn't seem at different to the old audience to me, but the next one is in Johannesburg.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
Honestly, they should just stick to the films they make. They're always fantastic, beautifully shot and just in general a great watch. Hopefully, they'll ditch the whole studio bit over, time and just stick to making what they're good at.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Grand Tour - Clarkson, Hammond and May
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 07:12:10 am »
BBC must be thinking why we didn't renew!
choose Life.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 10:00:46 am »
Pretty average if I'm honest.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 11:25:48 am »

Not so much that

i think the presenters "jokes" were catered for an american audience
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:55 pm »
Would a Tesla have beaten those three in a drag race? What is it...Insane mode or something?

Thought it had about 3 god jokes and the rest was awful
Ludicrous mode.

I'm pretty sure the Tesla would win any drag race against them 3.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »
Has Tory boy punched anyone yet for not bringing him his tea?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline aceface9

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 01:32:42 pm »
I was mainly amazed at how shit Clarkson's jeans were. They are probably the worst pair of jeans I have ever seen.

Thought the same thing!

Was bored by the overly dramatic 5 minute intro and then the tent explanation.

"I wouldnt grace my one remaining eye with that inbred, bunch of silver spoon fed c*nts, smarmy,snobby , self important bunch of fucking wankers if my life depended on it. Fuck the wankers. There is a wedding down at St Faiths, that means more to me than these pricks. Get to fuck."
Sir Harvest Fields

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 06:00:48 pm »
I preferred the re-vamped top gear to this.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »
As do I.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »
Tent stuff was terrible and was a chore to get through, the car segments were very good, shame they have stuck so closely to the top gear formula.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 02:56:05 pm »
Ludicrous mode.

I'm pretty sure the Tesla would win any drag race against them 3.

Got to love any car with a Ludicrous mode :D

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »
Yep, if you didn't like Clarkson's Top Gear before you won't like this either. If you were a fan however, it's excellent, really enjoyed it. Gave up on the Chris Evans show after 3 episodes, will be watching this all the way through for sure.

This.

I loved it, the new track seems cool and I just like the back and forth between those three clowns :)

The celeb bit was a bit shite but that's them taking the piss out of themselves so whatever.

The car bits as usual, super well done and I think I am a bit in love with the P1... when Clarkson forgot to put the wing in the correct setting for downforce and the car was all over the place, genuine terror in his eyes haha

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »
This.

I loved it, the new track seems cool and I just like the back and forth between those three clowns :)

The celeb bit was a bit shite but that's them taking the piss out of themselves so whatever.

The car bits as usual, super well done and I think I am a bit in love with the P1... when Clarkson forgot to put the wing in the correct setting for downforce and the car was all over the place, genuine terror in his eyes haha

Everyone who drove that car was genuinely terrified. Even D'Ambrosio was a bit shit up by it. That is probably a car that would eventually kill you if you drove it regular.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 05:49:46 pm »
Really liked it.

The in-tent stuff was a bit slow, but then that's sort of to be expected for this first one as they were a. explaining the new format in sections and b. taking the piss out of the old format. Hopefully as the shows go on these sections become much better.

The pre-filmed parts.... excellent as always.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 06:06:39 pm »
Too early to tell - the BBC will have to stump up some cash to get Top Gear up to the production level that this new show has.

Thing is, the BBC had a lot of domestic deals going on and even though this is Amazon, the BBC still hold the brand and foundations, so have the upper hand. Fairly sure they'll now pay top wedge for a new set of hosts and focus on UK whilst Clarkson and his posse chase the international market.

It may seem a simplistic view on it, but the new show is trying to appeal to fans of the original, as well as a new audience.

I thought the three of them looked like they'd aged a good five or so years... Clarkson looks like he's been smoking scag in Malaysia for a year, James May is gray and Hammond looks exactly the same... Which means that he's also badly aged five years himself.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
Too early to tell - the BBC will have to stump up some cash to get Top Gear up to the production level that this new show has.

Thing is, the BBC had a lot of domestic deals going on and even though this is Amazon, the BBC still hold the brand and foundations, so have the upper hand. Fairly sure they'll now pay top wedge for a new set of hosts and focus on UK whilst Clarkson and his posse chase the international market.

It may seem a simplistic view on it, but the new show is trying to appeal to fans of the original, as well as a new audience.

I thought the three of them looked like they'd aged a good five or so years... Clarkson looks like he's been smoking scag in Malaysia for a year, James May is gray and Hammond looks exactly the same... Which means that he's also badly aged five years himself.

I don't think they're really competing are they?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 06:32:08 pm »

Clarkson looks like he's been smoking scag in Malaysia for a year

With that belly on him?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »
I don't think they're really competing are they?

Who?
Continually on 11,420.