Author Topic: Archer  (Read 25950 times)

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Archer
« Reply #200 on: February 2, 2016, 11:31:42 am »
Not sure how to embed this, but here's the trailer for Season 7

https://vid.me/e/QAjz
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #201 on: February 3, 2016, 01:19:06 am »
Not sure how to embed this, but here's the trailer for Season 7

https://vid.me/e/QAjz
"Spy Guy" hahah fucking hell. Can't wait.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #202 on: April 1, 2016, 10:55:34 pm »
Spoiler
Rimshot

Archer constantly laughing after the others are done doing so and comes up with "9"

"You all have to go from the rear" *everyone stares at Archer* "Νο, you all took it for granted"

"Is this the Figgis agency?" Archer-->"Again, not married to that"
[close]

Welcome back. We missed you.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #203 on: April 5, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »
Anyone know when/where this is back in the UK? (Netflix again?l)
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:43 pm »
Anyone know when/where this is back in the UK? (Netflix again?l)

Archer Season 7 on UK Netflix now!!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2016, 01:25:29 pm »
Been renewed for 3 more seasons. Good news!

I expect a movie soon.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2016, 05:38:20 pm »
Been renewed for 3 more seasons. Good news!

I expect a movie soon.

Awesome. I knew I would love this show, but was just holding off until I had time to binge it all. Fucking hilarious. I'm hoping they get back more to the spy stuff next season, but with characters and writing this good, it doesn't much matter. Have there been rumours of a movie?

By the way, if you like the animation in "Archer," or just want something else to watch, check out "Metalocalypse" - it's about a heavy metal band with five morons who also occasionally battle and/or perpetrate evil. It's very funny and cool.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »
Have there been rumours of a movie?

The guy who created it was talking about who he'd like to have as Archer in a movie ... if there ever was one ...

So i'm hopeful.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2016, 09:21:34 pm »
The guy who created it was talking about who he'd like to have as Archer in a movie ... if there ever was one ...

So i'm hopeful.

As in a live action movie?
I guess he's the only character they'd need to re-cast as everyone else looks pretty much the same as the character in the show.   Shame because he'd be weird with a different voice.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2016, 09:27:02 pm »
I guess he's the only character they'd need to re-cast as everyone else looks pretty much the same as the character in the show.   Shame because he'd be weird with a different voice.

Yeah he was talking live action. I can't remember who he suggested but it was x with H. Jon Benjamin's voice.

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2016, 09:33:26 am »
Yeah he was talking live action. I can't remember who he suggested but it was x with H. Jon Benjamin's voice.

Ah that'll be cool then :thumbup

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2016, 12:49:21 pm »
I think you could get some decent comic mileage out of an overdubbed live performance.

Glad to hear there's more of the cartoon though, it looked a bit over for a while.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2016, 05:51:36 am »

Not sure if Judy Greer looks much like Cheryl Tunt. Nor Amber Nash, Pam Poovey. Nor Adam Reed, Ray Gillette.

The rest do look quite alike though.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2017, 11:25:39 pm »
Archer: Dreamland begins April 5th.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #214 on: April 6, 2017, 05:30:26 pm »
It's baaaaaaaack!

Pissed myself on 2 scenes.

Spoiler
First, the whole scene at the bar between Archer,Lana and Krieger was just great and to top it off the "stop it" shout followed by a drumroll responding to Lana's and Archer's cliche and phrasing.

Second, the truck scene "What possibly could they be celebrating?"
                                     "Who knows? They got their own calendar"   :lmao
[close]

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: April 7, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »
Yup, those two sequences were definitely the best, but I didn't feel like it hung together as well as last year, or most of the seasons before it. Still plenty of time for it to really pick up though.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #216 on: October 5, 2017, 05:00:27 pm »
Have been binge watching this again for the 3rd time. At first, I wasn't too keen when they went off topic in the latter seasons but this time round I enjoy it as much as the original seasons. Just pure brilliance in every character and every episode.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2018, 03:36:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C3t-tDLKc5I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C3t-tDLKc5I</a>

Coming back to our screens soon!
Stan Laurel

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2018, 05:20:47 pm »
Three episodes have been on so far in the US, so it's available online in the usual places.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:55 am »
Three episodes have been on so far in the US, so it's available online in the usual places.
This is fantastic news. Have you seen any of them?
Stan Laurel

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2018, 12:51:57 pm »
Love Archer but dropped it 2 episodes in season 9. Just not into this anthology (aka Archer still in a coma and we see dreams of his) idea.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2018, 01:49:16 pm »
This is fantastic news. Have you seen any of them?

I have only watched the first one so far. And I am with Yiannis, I'm afraid. I didn't like last season that much, and the same with the first episode. I'll watch it, but probably when they're all out so I can binge.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2018, 06:29:01 am »
I really liked last season. I thought the film noir angle was a really good fit for Archer.

Not so much this season, at all. So far it's the equal weakest season with the coke dealing season.

I don't like Krieger as a talking parrot, and every other character seems to be a pale outlines of themselves.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2018, 09:40:49 am »
Watched my first episode ever last night, really liked it. God knows why I haven't seen any before. Liked his mum strumming herself with the Russian bloke over the phone. Think I'll be watching them all pretty quickly.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:04 am »
Love Archer but dropped it 2 episodes in season 9. Just not into this anthology (aka Archer still in a coma and we see dreams of his) idea.
I have only watched the first one so far. And I am with Yiannis, I'm afraid. I didn't like last season that much, and the same with the first episode. I'll watch it, but probably when they're all out so I can binge.

I have to say, I wasn't too keen on the last season, it being Archer's dream, so by the sounds of it I'll be doing the same as Old Saint Nick and keeping it for a binge.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:57 am »
Watched my first episode ever last night, really liked it. God knows why I haven't seen any before. Liked his mum strumming herself with the Russian bloke over the phone. Think I'll be watching them all pretty quickly.
I am so incredibly jealous of the pure joy that you're about to have binge watching those first few seasons for the first time.
Stan Laurel

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:04 am »
I recently rewatched the first two and a bit years. It's still terrific, but in retrospect Burt Reynolds was definitely the jump-the-shark moment. The news ones are all right, it just isn't really the same characters, though they're still leaning on some of the old tropes. Adam Reed needs to quit this and move on to something new, even if it's just a sequel to Frisky Dingo.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:35 pm »
I am so incredibly jealous of the pure joy that you're about to have binge watching those first few seasons for the first time.

:) I think my weekend will be gone. Dont know why its taken me so long to start, had it on my to watch list for ages but there was always something else

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2018, 02:22:28 pm »
I didn't really like the last Series, it was ok but just not funny enough.

3 in to this one and I like it a lot, find myself laughing lots.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2018, 11:19:18 pm »
New Archer episodes now on Netflix! Eep.
Stan Laurel

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2018, 01:37:58 am »

Seen the first two, and haven't felt inclined to watch the third yet. Hopefully will improve when I watch a few together

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2019, 11:32:18 am »
Just finished season 10 and loved it, every bit as good as all the others. It was nice to see the old Lana look make an appearance in the last show  :)

I hope it carries on but I'm sure I read somewhere last year that it might be finishing. Does anyone know if it's over?

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2019, 07:24:39 pm »
Just finished season 10 and loved it, every bit as good as all the others. It was nice to see the old Lana look make an appearance in the last show  :)

I hope it carries on but I'm sure I read somewhere last year that it might be finishing. Does anyone know if it's over?

I don't know. It's an ending worthy of ending the whole show, with a big recap of his looks and adventures. And he comes out of the coma. I'd say I'm not ready for it to end but deep down I think I am? I'd rather a show knows when to end that goes on a few years past its best.

I could go for maybe a one-off two-parter to show how things are in 'reality' now.

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2019, 12:49:21 am »
Read last month there will be an 11th season back to the original timeline

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2019, 07:25:45 am »
Read last month there will be an 11th season back to the original timeline

Thanks mate, I will look forward to it

I don't know. It's an ending worthy of ending the whole show, with a big recap of his looks and adventures. And he comes out of the coma. I'd say I'm not ready for it to end but deep down I think I am? I'd rather a show knows when to end that goes on a few years past its best.

I could go for maybe a one-off two-parter to show how things are in 'reality' now.

Yes, it certainly seemed like the end. Even Woodhouse put in an appearance. I might start them all again as i cant quite remember when the original timeline stopped.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2019, 10:01:37 am »
It was an end for Adam Reed, creator and showrunner - he left after S10. Could be a good thing, back to the old timeline but with refreshed staff with less "emotional baggage" about ending the character.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2020, 09:07:10 am »
It's back, baby. First episode was last night.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_btcnSs9zn4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_btcnSs9zn4</a>

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2020, 04:08:47 am »

First two episodes to be precise.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2020, 03:50:38 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_btcnSs9zn4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_btcnSs9zn4</a>

Thought the first one was a little shaky, like it didn't flow very naturally - and fair enough, if Reed is gone and they are working out how to do this without him. But the second was very much back to normal standards. Very nice.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2020, 02:11:22 pm »
Thought the first one was a little shaky, like it didn't flow very naturally - and fair enough, if Reed is gone and they are working out how to do this without him. But the second was very much back to normal standards. Very nice.

Think the first issue was more down to the stuff it needed to deal with, covering what had changed over the 3 years, setting things up for the season etc. and then once that was out of the way they were free to get back to a more normal episode two.

It was definitely a sensible move for them to do two episodes at once, the 2nd ep showed they understood the tone needed for a normal ep.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:13:33 pm by Skeeve »