Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2530291 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #31520 on: July 22, 2021, 09:02:54 pm »
Shouldn't have called it "the" garage door...

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31521 on: July 22, 2021, 10:19:39 pm »
Walking past an old lady and giving her a smile, just to be nice and friendly. And she stares at you like you've shat in her face.

Plenty more fish in the sea Wayne.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31522 on: July 22, 2021, 11:07:49 pm »
Shouldn't have called it "the" garage door...

;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31523 on: July 23, 2021, 12:14:49 pm »
Bought a helicopter flight for the lad in 2018 when he was 7. Got postponed due to weather in the summer, then again due to weather in the November, then twice by covid. Now on the hottest week of the year, the helicopter is grounded by thick fog at its home airfield. Pilots final decision is at 12:45, but the fog is still thick, there is no way is it going to be flying today. :no

Wasted a days holiday too :butt

Edit - Postponed :butt
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:38:42 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #31524 on: July 23, 2021, 01:24:59 pm »
Bought a helicopter flight for the lad in 2018 when he was 7. Got postponed due to weather in the summer, then again due to weather in the November, then twice by covid. Now on the hottest week of the year, the helicopter is grounded by thick fog at its home airfield. Pilots final decision is at 12:45, but the fog is still thick, there is no way is it going to be flying today. :no

Thats unlucky that Rob, surely they can see how many times your lad has been disappointed and rearrange it for next weekend or closer?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31525 on: July 23, 2021, 01:46:34 pm »
Just managed to lose £40. Mustn't have put it in my pocket properly and had it work it's way out as I walked because the tenner i already had is still in there.

This is next generation levels of FML.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31526 on: July 23, 2021, 02:47:43 pm »
Left my work laptop on the dining room table last night whilst I popped to the shops.

It started lashing down whilst I was out and I forgot that I'd left the skylights open, one of which was directly above my laptop.

Got back and the laptop is fucked. Had to go into work to get a replacement today and I've gone from a brand new one to a shitty reused one which is an older generation, has a louder fan and a darker screen.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #31527 on: July 23, 2021, 03:02:08 pm »
Unshiftable belly fat.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31528 on: July 23, 2021, 04:07:05 pm »
Just managed to lose £40. Mustn't have put it in my pocket properly and had it work it's way out as I walked because the tenner i already had is still in there.

This is next generation levels of FML.

Look on the bright side of it though as some lucky fucker is now quids in and smiling like a Cheshire cat 👍

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31529 on: July 23, 2021, 05:50:27 pm »
Look on the bright side of it though as some lucky fucker is now quids in and smiling like a Cheshire cat 👍

I'm a walking fucking lottery ticket machine the amount of money I lose!  Never won more than twenty quid on the bloody thing either!  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31530 on: July 23, 2021, 05:54:40 pm »
I'm a walking fucking lottery ticket machine the amount of money I lose!  Never won more than twenty quid on the bloody thing either!  ;D

I'm never lucky enough to find any but have lost some occasionally and console myself by believing whoever found it needed it more than me.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31531 on: July 23, 2021, 06:38:49 pm »
I'm never lucky enough to find any but have lost some occasionally and console myself by believing whoever found it needed it more than me.

Yeah, that's pretty much all I can do too.  Had to cancel my night out though.  Put me in a foul mood.

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31532 on: July 23, 2021, 07:06:26 pm »
Yeah, that's pretty much all I can do too.  Had to cancel my night out though.  Put me in a foul mood.

Ah no mate that's a bugger!!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31533 on: July 23, 2021, 07:17:22 pm »
Thats unlucky that Rob, surely they can see how many times your lad has been disappointed and rearrange it for next weekend or closer?

Sadly its 7 to 10 days before they can even rearrange, it'll likely be October/November now. Sept 26th would do as that is his 11th Birthday.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31534 on: July 23, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
Left my work laptop on the dining room table last night whilst I popped to the shops.

It started lashing down whilst I was out and I forgot that I'd left the skylights open, one of which was directly above my laptop.

Got back and the laptop is fucked. Had to go into work to get a replacement today and I've gone from a brand new one to a shitty reused one which is an older generation, has a louder fan and a darker screen.

Stick it under the skylight and nip to the shops again...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31535 on: July 23, 2021, 08:02:58 pm »

That’s a bad run of luck that mate. At least you know the pilot is putting safety first.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31536 on: July 24, 2021, 12:18:58 am »
Ah no mate that's a bugger!!

I know it sounds dumb, but I finally screwed myself up to go to the retail park in Speke for some new sportswear.  Spent a small fortune on shorts and footwear, and then this happened. Just really got inside my head and I felt like some higher power was punishing me for self care. It just sucked all the life out of my day. Had gone to Southport, but only stayed about 90 minutes. Cancelled with my mate and just spent the evening trying not to go down the rabbit hole of kicking myself when I'm down. Amazing how one stupid little thing can ruin an otherwise productive and positive day.

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31537 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:31 am »
I know it sounds dumb, but I finally screwed myself up to go to the retail park in Speke for some new sportswear.  Spent a small fortune on shorts and footwear, and then this happened. Just really got inside my head and I felt like some higher power was punishing me for self care. It just sucked all the life out of my day. Had gone to Southport, but only stayed about 90 minutes. Cancelled with my mate and just spent the evening trying not to go down the rabbit hole of kicking myself when I'm down. Amazing how one stupid little thing can ruin an otherwise productive and positive day.

I remember the horrors of those types of days and the thoughts and feelings afterwards.  I want to say don't be daft but I know it's not daft.

I'm always here if you ever need somewhere to dump some personal negativity but maybe not at 12.18am 😂👍

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31538 on: July 24, 2021, 11:06:48 am »

I'm always here if you ever need somewhere to dump some personal negativity but maybe not at 12.18am 😂👍

;D

I think the message board is an hour ahead of my laptop.  That, or I typed it up.on my phone before turning in and didn't realise how late it was. Probably the latter. 😅

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31539 on: July 24, 2021, 11:11:22 am »
;D

I think the message board is an hour ahead of my laptop.  That, or I typed it up.on my phone before turning in and didn't realise how late it was. Probably the latter. 😅

😁 It's easy to lose track of time like that mate but the point still stands 👍

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #31540 on: July 24, 2021, 12:07:56 pm »

Same here with a hot air balloon flight. Must've had it booked about a dozen times. Called off every single time (all weather related of course, once because it was too hot 😲) but twice got as far as getting to the take-off site before it was postponed. Done via Virgin Experience Days. Non-refundable and won't even let you swap to another activity like a track day. Will never use them again.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31541 on: July 24, 2021, 02:44:40 pm »
😁 It's easy to lose track of time like that mate but the point still stands 👍

;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31542 on: July 24, 2021, 08:36:08 pm »
Crash closed the M74 this afternoon so having to have unplanned night out at Carlisle. Not got any night out gear but luckily the Asda is just over the road, so managed to grab a duvet, pillows and smellies.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31543 on: July 25, 2021, 02:25:48 am »
Same here with a hot air balloon flight. Must've had it booked about a dozen times. Called off every single time (all weather related of course, once because it was too hot 😲) but twice got as far as getting to the take-off site before it was postponed. Done via Virgin Experience Days. Non-refundable and won't even let you swap to another activity like a track day. Will never use them again.

Sounds like a right scam. I wonder how many people just end up giving up. There should be a refund option if it’s continually cancelled.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31544 on: July 25, 2021, 05:07:25 am »

I have mates who do the Irish lottery, far better payout than the UK lottery is, getting 3 numbers in the 6 ball draw gets you £700 payout with some bookies, even just picking 2 numbers you can get £60 back, from a £1 stake
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31545 on: July 25, 2021, 08:17:13 pm »
Just found out that an ambulance and fire engine that came screaming through the line of traffic I was stuck in on Saturday, caused by a serious crash between 2 bikes and a car on the M74, were going to an 11 yr old boy who drowned about 200 yards away from us  :'(

Fuck, one of the bikers died too  :'(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:22:00 pm by rob1966 »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31546 on: July 25, 2021, 09:34:05 pm »
Just found out that an ambulance and fire engine that came screaming through the line of traffic I was stuck in on Saturday, caused by a serious crash between 2 bikes and a car on the M74, were going to an 11 yr old boy who drowned about 200 yards away from us  :'(

Ahhh that sucks mate. :(

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31547 on: July 25, 2021, 09:37:59 pm »

You've not had the best of weekends one way or another Rob but it's never nice bring stuck in traffic before the emergency services come through then even worse finding out the outcomes of the victims 😟

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31548 on: July 25, 2021, 10:03:25 pm »

Two people died in a motorbike crash in Newton Heath this morning and another motorbike rider died in a crash just outside our house in Stockport today.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31549 on: July 25, 2021, 10:23:47 pm »
Two people died in a motorbike crash in Newton Heath this morning and another motorbike rider died in a crash just outside our house in Stockport today.

Saw the pics of the Stockport one in the MEN just before, really sad.

Thats why the wife doesn't want me riding bikes anymore

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #31550 on: July 25, 2021, 10:42:17 pm »

Time to listen to her mate?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31551 on: July 26, 2021, 01:22:30 am »

The guy killed in Stockport was pulling out from a petrol station.

One of the comments on the Manchester evening news article was from a HGV driver saying he would never ride a motorbike because of the number of drivers he sees using mobiles.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31552 on: July 26, 2021, 08:23:20 am »
Time to listen to her mate?

My life is too sanitised, I miss the buzz of being on a bike. My HGV licence says its waaaaayyyyy too easy to get a ban ;)

The guy killed in Stockport was pulling out from a petrol station.

One of the comments on the Manchester evening news article was from a HGV driver saying he would never ride a motorbike because of the number of drivers he sees using mobiles.

I get so pissed as I never see a cop car when I need to, I see so many idiots on a phone. The standard of driving is piss poor too, which doesn't help. Empty M6 yesterday morning and someone had managed to hit the central reservation, few weeks ago a BMW had managed to crash at about 6am leaving the motorway at J19. Looked to me like they'd failed to notice all the signs and notices saying the motorway was closed due to roadworks on the new bridge and crashed trying to make the slip road.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31553 on: July 26, 2021, 08:32:13 am »
Nipped over to my neighbour yesterday to collect a parcel. She opens the door absolutely dripping in sweat and looking flustered. Turns out shes been struggling for over an hour to get a sofa out of the living room into the garden and it got wedged in the doorframe. Being a good egg I offered to help and in minutes I'm grunting and heaving away, sweat pissing out of me, AND I'd just got out the shower!

After 10 minutes of pushing and pulling it was going nowhere, she says "I'll shout our Nick to help", Nick is her 25 year old son who was in his room. She bellows up the stairs and he promptly ignores her. She goes up the stairs, knocks on his door, "Nick, come and help me and Andy move this couch", nothing. More pushing and pulling and gritting of teeth. No sign of her son, she goes up again and repeats the request for help, his reply, "piss off, I'm trying to sleep".  :no It was 1.30pm in the afternoon!!!

She's now close to tears out of shame and said, "thanks Andy, just leave it, I'll try again later".  :no :no :no This little shit works in the Civil Service like me, but he treats his mum appallingly. I came so close to marching up to his room and dragging him out the bed. I'd never dream (or be allowed) to speak to my mum like that.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31554 on: July 26, 2021, 08:47:49 am »
That’s Nicks for you. Absolute gang of twats.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31555 on: July 26, 2021, 08:49:37 am »
That reminds me of something that happened between my son and his grandma when he was 15.

My kids, like me had been raised to help around the house as I was a single mum working full time so when he started playing football at 10yrs old I taught him how to use the washing machine so he always had a clean kit.

When he got older if he had a game after school he stayed at his grandparents as there were no buses home.  One morning I got a phone call from my mum to say she'd had Peggy on the phone in tears.

Apparently he'd walked in at about 9.30pm the night before dropped his kit bag at her feet and said I need that washing for tomorrow!

Omg I laughed so much my mum was mortified until I said more fool her for letting him treat her like that just like she did his dad.  He does his own washing at home!

My ex never went home for his tea even though he knew his mum had cooked it and would be slavishly keeping it warm for him.  I once asked why she did it and she said because he's my son.

My reply was he'd do it once with me, the next time it would be in the bin, in the dog or in his face as he walked through the door 😜

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31556 on: July 26, 2021, 09:26:24 am »
That reminds me of something that happened between my son and his grandma when he was 15.

My kids, like me had been raised to help around the house as I was a single mum working full time so when he started playing football at 10yrs old I taught him how to use the washing machine so he always had a clean kit.

When he got older if he had a game after school he stayed at his grandparents as there were no buses home.  One morning I got a phone call from my mum to say she'd had Peggy on the phone in tears.

Apparently he'd walked in at about 9.30pm the night before dropped his kit bag at her feet and said I need that washing for tomorrow!

Omg I laughed so much my mum was mortified until I said more fool her for letting him treat her like that just like she did his dad.  He does his own washing at home!

My ex never went home for his tea even though he knew his mum had cooked it and would be slavishly keeping it warm for him.  I once asked why she did it and she said because he's my son.

My reply was he'd do it once with me, the next time it would be in the bin, in the dog or in his face as he walked through the door 😜

My Dad once swanned in and my ma said his tea was in the oven. Shame it was a salad ;D

Made the mistake really early on in the relationship of phoning the wife just as I left my mates garage to said I'd be late for tea, right at the time she'd said it would be ready. Its 30 minutes drive. I never did that again....

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31557 on: July 26, 2021, 09:27:57 am »
That’s Nicks for you. Absolute gang of twats.

Hahaha my boss is a Nick is well, but he's not too bad.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31558 on: July 26, 2021, 09:31:48 am »
Every fucking day, like clockwork, my body decides the second I step foot into the office, I need to go for a shit. Not just any shit, but a gassy, disgusting shit that I'm sure the whole office can hear and smell.

8:50am: get off the train, feel fine
9:00am: reach office, stomach begins to rumble
9:01am: get to my desk, shit sweats start, run down to the bog
9:02am: explode

... Only made worse by the need to go again an hour later. If I'm WFH, there's no issues. But in the office I'm a fucking shit machine and I'm done with it.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31559 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:49 am »
My Dad once swanned in and my ma said his tea was in the oven. Shame it was a salad ;D

Made the mistake really early on in the relationship of phoning the wife just as I left my mates garage to said I'd be late for tea, right at the time she'd said it would be ready. Its 30 minutes drive. I never did that again....

Set the rules early and stick to them otherwise there's no point setting them in the first place.